B&W Research Thread

There appears to be disagreement on whether the new ability "Breakable Armor", naturally occurring on Dasutodasu (trash bag) that evolves from Sticky Hold Yabakuron, reduces Attack or Defense when the Pokemon is hit and the ability activates. If this has already been tested and verified, I apologize for this post.

EDIT: Thank you howabe.

There appears to be disagreement on whether the new ability "Breakable Armor", naturally occurring on Dasutodasu (trash bag) that evolves from Sticky Hold Yabakuron, reduces Attack or Defense when the Pokemon is hit and the ability activates. If this has already been tested and verified, I apologize for this post.
"ぶつりわざで ぼうぎょが
さがり すばやさがあがる。"

"With Physical moves, Defence decreases; Speed increases."

ぼうぎょ (Bougyo) = Defence.

I don't play the rom and don't want to play a game where I don't know where to go, but I have a new idea for a possible use of Aiming Mark: Could it be that Aiming Mark is an auto follow me in Doubles and Tripples? It sounds a little bit to good to me but the name ...

Then I would like to know the mechanics of the move Troll (or Sing a Song according to serebii). Serebii says: "If everyone sings you can use this move in succesive turns and have its power increase." Smogon move list: "Raises Base Power the more Pokemon you have with the attack."
I hope smogon is right because it sounds like a fantastic move if all 4/6 pokemon of your team know this move :toast:

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Defog: Does it clear BOTH sides of the field? Can I teach Defog to Zapdos in DPPt, trade it to HGSS and then send it over Pokéshifter to Black/White? Defog isn't an HM in HGSS, after all.

Stealth Rock: What's its maximum damage? Does a Stealth Rock Azelf from DPPt/HGSS keep the move over migrating to Black/White?

Contrarian: If Jaroda/Shuckle/Spinda switch in on a Garchomp using Swords Dance, will the move make it a -2 Attack pokémon? If Garchomp has already used a Swords Dance and only then the Contrarian pokémon switches in, will the boost be reverted? (howabe already said it doesn't, sigh)

Mischievous Heart: What's its chance of giving priority to non-attacking moves? 10%? 30%? 100%?

Rapid Spin: Does it remove entry hazards even if the opponent is a Ghost-type (I am not talking about Aiming Mark or what-have-you here)?

EDIT -- Oh yeah, totally forgot it up until now:

Are Skymin, Giratina-O and the Rotom formes (and Meloetta's Step Forme, for the hackers out there) allowed on Wi-Fi?

Contrarian: If Jaroda/Shuckle/Spinda switch in on a Garchomp using Swords Dance, will the move make it a -2 Attack pokémon? If Garchomp has already used a Swords Dance and only then the Contrarian pokémon switches in, will the boost be reverted?
Also, has it been confirmed that a self-induced statdrop, such as the one via Leaf Storm, is reversed (ie gives +2 SAtk)?

Get Even - this normal-type move supposedly gains more power if used the turn after a teammate has been defeated.
1. How much more powerful is it?
2. Does it work in single-battles, or is it a doubles- and triples-only thing? (The wording made me think that it only works if a "teammate" faints, instead of just a party member)

Elemental Gems - consumable items that boost one move of a specific type once.
1. Again, how much more powerful does the move become?

Inheritable moves - is it possible for Pokémon to inherit moves that were TMs in previous generations but aren't anymore? (Such as SR, Roost)

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
I'm quite sure this is not the case.

Test battle vs. wild Minezumi:
Meguroko used Mud Slap
Minezumi used Tackle
Meguroko used Torment
Minezumi used Tackle
Meguroko used Mud Slap
Minezumi used Leer.

It was able to reuse Tackle on the turn I used Torment.
I think I was able to do the same sort of thing with fury cutter on my wotter2 vs a panther thingy

Contrarian: If Jaroda/Shuckle/Spinda switch in on a Garchomp using Swords Dance, will the move make it a -2 Attack pokémon? If Garchomp has already used a Swords Dance and only then the Contrarian pokémon switches in, will the boost be reverted?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/989552-pokemon-black-version/56447728

The ability only affects the holder of the ability. If a Garchomp uses Swords Dance while a Contrarian is on the field, Garchomp's Attack raises 2 stages.

Further test battle:
Tsutaaja vs. wild Minezumi
Tsutaaja used Leer. Minezumi's Defence fell.
Minezumi used Leer. Tsutaaja's Defence rose.

EDIT: Another test:
Tsutaaja vs. wild Munna
Tsutaaja used Leer. Munna's Defence fell.
Munna used Defence Curl. Munna's Defence rose.

Ah.

Gonna get it to learn leaf storm and test that out?
He already did - check the thread. Leaf Storm is looking really nice on Jaroda now. :)

Edit: for clarification, here is the specific quote from the linked GFAQs thread:
howabe said:
So, I had the following quick test battle:

Tsutaaja vs. Wild Minezumi

Tsutaaja used Calm Mind. Sp. Attack and SP. Defence fall.
Minezumi used Tackle
Tsutaaja used Leaf Storm. Sp. Attack rose.

Does Sturdy activate multiple times from max HP, or just the once like a real Focus Sash?

i.e. Is ChestoRest a viable strategy for a Sturdy Pokemon?

Does Sturdy activate multiple times from max HP, or just the once like a real Focus Sash?
Seems like it can activate multiple times.

Tested with a Lv.1 Dangoro vs. Lv. 35 wild Yanma

Yanma used Uproar. Sturdy activated.
Dangoro used Tackle.
Full Restore used on Dangoro.
Yanma used Uproar. Sturdy activated.

Did any of these get any changes/improvements from the last gen?:
Illuminate
Stench
Plus
Minus
Stench:
"くさくて あいてが
ひるむ ことがある。"

"Opponent may flinch at the smell."

No idea what triggers a possible flinch or the rate, but seems like this one's changed at least.

Stench:
"くさくて あいてが
ひるむ ことがある。"

"Opponent may flinch at the smell."

No idea what triggers a possible flinch or the rate, but seems like this one's changed at least.
Yeah, I'm not far enough into the game to get any old abilities for me to read to see if they have something "extra" about them for 5th gen.

If it's true, it's unfortunate that there aren't any pokemon that could really use it effectively(Well, Skuntank could use it).

Yeah, I'm not far enough into the game to get any old abilities for me to read to see if they have something "extra" about them for 5th gen.

If it's true, it's unfortunate that there aren't any pokemon that could really use it effectively(Well, Skuntank could use it).
Yabakuron and Dasutodasu have it as a normal ability. I guess they'd be the easiest to test any effects with.

I don't know if it's known, but I saw in a video that Herbivore makes you immune to Grass Attacks as well as giving you the boost.

1) Can a Pokemon that knew a move in 4th Gen, but doesn't in 5th Gen be transferred. For example: Metagross has Stealth Rocks in his 4th Gen pool, but it's not in his 5th Gen one. Will a Metagross that knows Stealth Rock in Platinum be able to transfer to Pokemon White, or will Stealth Rocks need to be deleted first?

2) I also have another Encourage related question: Will the Elemental Fangs get a double boost since they can cause two side effects (flinching and/or freezing/burn/paralysis)

No, they cause one. All moves have an effect number, the Fangs have one leading to a "chance of status or flinch" effect, which is a single effect, thus a single boost.

Another encourage question; do 'high critical hit ratios' count as a secondary effect worthy of a boost? Example; Crabhammer.

Also, does a substitute stop damage each turn from Solar Power when the sun is out, I heard a rumour it did and don't remember it ever doing this before...?

Can dreamworld abilities be bred?

Specifically: if my encourage Totodile does the dirty with a ditto, will the offspring have encourage or torrent?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)