Bad Character Mafia - Useless, RB Golbat, and evan win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The amount of unnecessary or ill-thought out revealing of roles in recent games is bothering.

In relation to that, the amount of suspicion around said revelations is just as worrying. A mafia/wolf would not openly claim like this when an inspector can easily shut him down (unless he's a miller, which is very doubtful), it'd be a suicide mission (which can work but past endeavors have made players paranoid). I have other reasons for not believing Altair is mafia but its pure speculation. For now I suggest that people avoid accusing the first persons to attempt any form of central communication and find real leads.

also, as jumpluff pointed out, the vigilante coming out publicly seems a bit silly.
People do stupid things.

Sure, a mafia/wolf would claim like that. It's worked a number of times before. I'm not sure why, if your suspicions that we can trust altair are just speculation, you would hide them... considering you don't even have any facts to back them up.

It's easy to be suspicious when people claim suspicious things..

Altair

just who is the coon?
Concerning my role: I don't think the PM makes it clear but killing people uses up the throwing knife. This means I will probably only get like 2-3 kills in at most, which definitely isn't a "broken role" lol.

Second, I decided to claim because I thought that a role like mine would be rather easy to prove, as I was hoping that I would have some suspects who I could kill right now. However, I do have one person in mind atm, so if you guys want me to kill him I can do so.

Third, the person with the knife contacted me because I specifically stated that I was looking for knives n0. The Inspector claimed to me after I made the n0 post, which could be called "risky" in friendly terms.

edit: also could neville flynn contact me it is of utmost importance

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Concerning my role: I don't think the PM makes it clear but killing people uses up the throwing knife. This means I will probably only get like 2-3 kills in at most, which definitely isn't a "broken role" lol.

Second, I decided to claim because I thought that a role like mine would be rather easy to prove, as I was hoping that I would have some suspects who I could kill right now. However, I do have one person in mind atm, so if you guys want me to kill him I can do so.

Third, the person with the knife contacted me because I specifically stated that I was looking for knives n0. The Inspector claimed to me after I made the n0 post, which could be called "risky" in friendly terms.

edit: also could neville flynn contact me it is of utmost importance
Who are you suspicious of? There is absolutely no downside for you to tell us, as no one can stop you if it is a day killing. However, if you tell us who it is, that person may be able to come up with a convincing defense, so we do not waste these kills.

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.
I wouldnt claim to altair right now because his character doesnt even sound that appalling and could easily be wolf or mafia with that role.

Plus, when he was in contact with the inspector he didnt even ask to be cleaned so he could sufficiently lead.

In summary, we should wait until things get as squared away as possible before we do anything drastic like mass claim.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I feel it's a possibility Altair is actually a twin and trying to get himself either lynched, so his twin goes psycho, or killed by mafia, so there is an actual vigilante.
Voting him prematurely could be a big mistake, but then again so could letting him live, if he turns out to be against the village.

Has the inspector been silenced? I am just curious as to why they have not come forward to confirm Altair's statements or refute them. That seems very strange a silencer could have hit the inspector randomly. Assuming there's perhaps 2 other members of their mafia that's 19/22 people left for them to randomly silence.
Perhaps the inspector doesn't wish to reveal themself at this point, but that seems foolish if Altair really is village killer and risks being lynched.

If Altair and Veedrock could elaborate their suspicions that would be beneficial to the village imo. We could at least get some defense claims and perhaps make a lynch on a mafia/neutral.

s w m 20 neutral searching looking for peoples to works with myself, persons must be willing to not kill or murder on the first dates; am be very agreeable and working well with anyone/body/thing/it whom so contacts me in due fashion

UncleSam

Leading this village
I feel it's a possibility Altair is actually a twin and trying to get himself either lynched, so his twin goes psycho, or killed by mafia, so there is an actual vigilante.
Voting him prematurely could be a big mistake, but then again so could letting him live, if he turns out to be against the village.

Has the inspector been silenced? I am just curious as to why they have not come forward to confirm Altair's statements or refute them. That seems very strange a silencer could have hit the inspector randomly. Assuming there's perhaps 2 other members of their mafia that's 19/22 people left for them to randomly silence.
Perhaps the inspector doesn't wish to reveal themself at this point, but that seems foolish if Altair really is village killer and risks being lynched.

If Altair and Veedrock could elaborate their suspicions that would be beneficial to the village imo. We could at least get some defense claims and perhaps make a lynch on a mafia/neutral.
I really do not think it is a good idea for the inspector to refute any claims right now. It is way too early, and the village cannot afford to lose it's inspector. Your math is kinda sketchy on the silencing as well, plus there might be a silencer in each mafia group. In any case, I doubt the inspector is silenced, but it really does not matter, as he/she shouldn't be coming out into the open now anyways. As for Altair, no way I am claiming until he gives us at least one successful lynch. His role PM did not have any mistakes in it though(I. E., the format was the same as mine), so I am inclined to believe he is village.

Thorns said:
Dear FinnRagetti,
You are Dr. John Watson, Sherlock Holmes' assistant. You are allied with the Appalling Characters.

I saw Jude Law's performance of you in the 2009 movie, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. However, you were very poorly depicted in the 1939 film series. Those movies were rife with propaganda, as well as depicting you as an idiot incapable of doing menial tasks. Arthur Conan Doyle did not intend for you to be portrayed as a fool, and those movies were a blight upon your name. By PMing Thorns 'Night X - Deduce USER's alliance', that user's alliance will be revealed. However, it will not be revealed to you, but to another Appalling Character. *snip*

You win if all threats to the Appalling Characters are eliminated.

"It's a pity you didn't think about bringing that infernal violin of yours - to regale me with some of your music!"
I was going to public claim, but I let Altair lead, since he was the first to public claim. I am the alliance inspector and I am working with Altair. I do need everyone to claim either to me or to Altair.

As you see, I snipped a portion of my PM to protect the integrity of the person that my results are sent to. I haven't been in contact with that person yet, so that's why it is the upmost importance for claims.

Last night, communication between my person and me failed, so no results are sent to that person. So right now I don't know exactly who we should lynch. Right now No Lynch, unless we get some faulty claims.

Edit: If I didn't make myself clear to everyone about the details of my role: There is another character in the game, who I know their role name. That character get's my results, so getting results are more difficult. I need claims so that the results are much easier to access. I know it failed last night, but on future nights, I'd like to know the results. So still, PLEASE CLAIM. thanks.

UncleSam

Leading this village
I was going to public claim, but I let Altair lead, since he was the first to public claim. I am the alliance inspector and I am working with Altair. I do need everyone to claim either to me or to Altair.

As you see, I snipped a portion of my PM to protect the integrity of the person that my results are sent to. I haven't been in contact with that person yet, so that's why it is the upmost importance for claims.

Last night, communication between my person and me failed, so no results are sent to that person. So right now I don't know exactly who we should lynch. Right now No Lynch, unless we get some faulty claims.
I seriously hope you don't die like n2 because of this...anyways, I honestly do not think that two mafia would so clearly put themselves at risk so early in the game. So, I will claim to the inspector. I really think that no lynch is a bad idea though. I would rather rand someone who doesn't claim than no lynch in a game with so few people, the village doesn't have the numbers to no lynch.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Finn should not expose whoever receives his results. At this point, village BG needs to be on either Finn or Altair. At least the BG will have targets to protect at this point in time. The result receiver should stay hidden, since the "role" of inspector seems to be two-person.

This is a 22-person game, unless there's like 5 & 5 mafia leaving 12 villagers I think we have enough to safely no lynch at this point.
With no leads it is really better to play it safe.

Also I've never seen multiple silencers in a game. Probably because it could come down to silencer 1 v silencer 2 and they'd eternally silence each other, unable to vote or kill.
I don't see how my math is sketch though, if there's 22 players and 3-5 mafia we'll say, the silencer would know themself and 2-4 other people, leaving 17-19 unknowns n0/n1 for them to silence.

At the current moment, Altair and Finn's claims seem solid, and nobody has counter-claimed them, though I would prefer we all wait a night before claiming. Once they have some solid evidence on mafia and truly prove I suggest we mass claim. After all if they only get one, they could kill off their third partner assuming they are mafia to gain our trust. I doubt this is/will be the case but better safe than sorry.

vote nolynch

@yeti: silencling does not prevent stop any abilites that allow the picking up and using of an instrument blunt object from killing murdering sending others to sleepovers with the fishes

as such to prevent any mislynching of people or persons who could be valuable useful to said village of which most of us be a part of belonging to, i am to be voting for the lynching of no body

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)