Bad Luck You've Had So Far

I don't understand why people are wasting so much time breeding normally for shinies???
Destiny Knot + Everstone + friend safari 2 IVs means that getting Pokemon with flawless IVs is a piece of cake. Even if your desired Pokemon isn't in the friend safari, just get a father that is (a: in the same egg group and b: can be found in the friend safari), get a 5IV father, and synchronize for the mother. Breeding to get flawless offspring is easy with PokeCheck support, and you can get a flawless shiny within a day - a couple hours if you're lucky.

The reasoning behind why people are breeding hundreds of eggs blindly with the Masuda method (lol) evades me. The only reason I can think of is trainer OTs, and that doesn't even matter that much.
I myself have been using the Destiny Knot and Everstone to assure that my Pinsirs have good IVs and Jolly nature, the Pinsir in the daycare has almost perfect IVs, and after a long time of searching, I managed to get my hands on a Japanese Ditto off of the GTS with no IVs lower than 22, with most of them being 28-31. Also I prefer not to use Pokecheck or other hacking websites to help me shiny hunt, because it's too easy, and I would rather get my shiny naturally with hard work than by being lazy and getting it through hacking of any sort, because that way I appreciate the shiny and it feels far more satisfying then just getting it in a few seconds from something like Pokesav (Not that I can do that in 6th gen yet anyway), or getting it after finding someone with a matching shiny value to hatch it for me. This is because those ways use methods that you aren't supposed to be able to use to get the respective Pokemon, and are far easier, so personally I've always found any methods like that to be too easy and I feel like any shinies or good IV Pokemon that I get from that aren't really the same, in my opinion at least. I'd rather go through a lot of annoying and hard work to get the shiny Pokemon that I desire, rather than just getting a shiny by doing something that you weren't ever meant to be able to do and get the shiny with much more ease, regardless of how annoying and tedious that it may be.

EDIT: Also I've noticed that this post is kind of repetitive with what i'm saying, sorry about that.

Not so much bad luck...in fact quite the opposite, but I just discovered that one of my Friend Safari dittos wasn't just x/31/x/31/x/31. In fact, it's 30/31/27/31/29/31. Just seven IV points away from a totally flawless Ditto.

I haven't been doing much breeding since I don't have a Ditto Safari at my disposal, but I can still cite an exemple of bad luck.

So I was Consecutive Fishing, with a streak of 60-something, and a wild shiny Basculin appeared.
I sent out my Absol, and False Swiped the Basculin.
"The wild Basculin used Take Down! The wild Basculin took recoil! The wild Basculin fainted!"

Raged for a bit afterwards, and a friend even did a Bad Luck Brian-like meme when I told him that.

Reactions: JES
I sent out my Absol, and False Swiped the Basculin.
This is why nothing beats aegislash as a swiper.

I found a random shiny Fletchling in the friend safari. However, I had already gotten myself a shiny Fletchling by Poke Radar, which had much better IVs. To make it worse the one I found in safari did not have Gale Wings.

I am at my goddamn wit's end with trying to breed a perfect Kangaskhan.

Parents are: Kangaskhan(F):31/31/31/x/x/31 and Tyrantrum(M):31/31/31/x/31/31.

I've gotten like a billion 31/31/31/x/x/31 babies.

WHAT THE HELL. STOP INHERITING SpA. YOU DON'T NEED IT.

I had the same thing when trying to breed Pinsirs. My game loves trolling me.

Edit: Also been getting a ton of x/31/31/x/31/31 and 31/31/x/x/31/31 eggs. STOP INHERITING SpA. STOP IT.

Last edited:
So I'm not entirely sure how this works....

"I see, I see....

"This Axew has outstanding potential overall.

"Incidentally, I say it's best stat is it's Speed stat.

"It has some fantastic stats. That's how I judge it."

Umm...

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
So I'm not entirely sure how this works....

"I see, I see....

"This Axew has outstanding potential overall.

"Incidentally, I say it's best stat is it's Speed stat.

"It has some fantastic stats. That's how I judge it."

Umm...
I see you're talking to the IV checker.

Outstanding potential overall: nothing really, just saying that it's IV total is over a certain amout.

Best stat: best IV stat

Now, if he then said something like "stats like those... They simply can't be beat!" That means it has a perfect IV of 31. If he says "but how can you make it suffer through this kind of *blank* stat?" Congratulations, it has a whopping IV of 0 in that stat.

It has some fantastic stats: nothing really.

If you're confused on what IVs are, I had a link to a good explanation, but can't find it. If someone else could help with that, thanks.

I see you're talking to the IV checker.

Outstanding potential overall: nothing really, just saying that it's IV total is over a certain amout.

Best stat: best IV stat

Now, if he then said something like "stats like those... They simply can't be beat!" That means it has a perfect IV of 31. If he says "but how can you make it suffer through this kind of *blank* stat?" Congratulations, it has a whopping IV of 0 in that stat.

It has some fantastic stats: nothing really.

If you're confused on what IVs are, I had a link to a good explanation, but can't find it. If someone else could help with that, thanks.
I know all about the IV checker, I just didn't understand how you get an outstanding Pokemon and have it have no 31 IV's, since any stat that isn't 31 is basically useless.

I know all about the IV checker, I just didn't understand how you get an outstanding Pokemon and have it have no 31 IV's, since any stat that isn't 31 is basically useless.
Not having 31 in every IV is useful for certain hidden powers.

But yes, you can have an Outstanding mon with no perfect EVs. It just means the base IV total is above a certain amount. You could have something like 30/30/30/30/30/30, with no perfect IVs but be Outstanding.

Yeah this is really good for Hidden Powers but I agree it can be annoying when you're breeding pokemon that don't need to use hidden power lol just gets your hopes up :(

Outstanding=more than 150 total.

This basically means if you have a 5 IV mon it's Outstanding. Which means you just need to watch for that word.

And then I get an Outstanding mon with two perfect IVs. Welp...

After spending hours trawling through grass and puddles trying to find Haunter on Route 14, I finally come across one and with my Miltank which is quite a low level, I pick the only move that affects Haunter, Rollout. Since I have never used that move before, it was a shocking moment when I couldn't use any other mover or switch out and watch the poor Haunter get rolled to death. Fortunately I boxed the stupid Miltank and bought out Pachirisu instead and although confused for like 5 turns, managed to get a nuzzle off and capture the next one I saw
omg, hours? the feels

lost a chain of 50 plus luvdiscs.... You're probably thinking, "Luvdisc? what?". Well, i love shiny luvdisc. It's freaking GOLDEN. :3

Been having no luck in Friend Safaris lately :(. But I have run into a shiny Magikarp tonight off of the GTS. So it kind of makes up for it. Am working on hatching some Eevees to try to get a shiny one. It's for a shiny trading event on another forum for the holiday season.

The other day, I was leveling up some newly hatched pokemon. My only pokemon able to fight was Talonflame, so I went to route 19, since it would be easy to defeat the Weepinbells there. I didn't intend to capture anything, I went there just for training. Everything was knocked out in one hit, until one Drapion survived. I still didn't have one, so I captured that. I had an empty spot in my party and the Drapion entered there.

Some more training later, a horde of Arboks appeared! I still didn't have that, too! ... But things didn't go well from the start of the fight. They had Intimidate, meaning that my Talonflame's attack was lowered 5 times at once... I tried knocking a few, but they used something (I think it was Glare) and paralyzed my pokemon. Curing it with an item didn't work, as at least one of them used the paralyzing move again and the status problem was back when my next turn came. While struggling with the paralysis, Flame Body activated and burned the Arboks. Four of them had to be defeated fast. I recovered and brought out the Drapion I had just caught. Three of them were knocked. Two remained, both with burn and around the same health. I had to knock one out and throw a poke ball at the other before it was too late... But Drapion got paralyzed, and I couldn't waste a turn using an item because the Arboks' health bars were nearing the red zone. So I took my chances and attacked... Or at least, tried to. Drapion was Fully paralyzed and didn't move. The next turn, I was able to finally knock one of the snakes out, leaving only the one I wanted to catch... But before my turn came, it collapsed from burn...

Since then, I went back there again a few times, sometimes for training, others for catching (carrying a Sweet Scenter, a False Swiper, and a sleep inducer), but I have yet to run into another horde of Arboks...

I had been hatching a couple hundred (no exaggeration) Dratini eggs with 31/31/31/x/31/31 (M) and 31/31/31/31/X/31 (F) IVs without any luck in getting a 31/31/31/x/31/31 egg. Finally, I was overjoyed when the IV judge said the egg had the IVs I'm looking for. But then I checked its ability. SHED SKIN. Not to mention it was male so I couldn't use it to increase my chances. Still hatchin away...

Been trying to get access to the Pokemon Bank.

It keeps disconnecting.

Stupid JP servers can't handle the rush of people.

I WANT MY SERPERIOR DAMMIT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)