Ladder Balanced Hackmons

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
I don't think we have endless battle clause, though I believe players can be punished for using endless battle strategies (which this is not).
This set is banned under endless battle clause.
basically what crab said, we DO have a endless battle clause. however, its impossible to implement without ruining perfectly fine strats like the above posted pp stall. so verb decided that he would personally take action for rulebreakers.

This is just an asinine and stupid tactic, but it drives people to forfeiting.

Not Nice Thingy 1 (Deoxys-Defense) @ Leppa Berry
Ability: Magic Guard/multiscale/fur coat
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Recycle
- Slack Off
- Heal Bell
- Block

PP stall makes them either forfiet, or lose off of struggle.

I know it is just a stupid tactic, but it is fun, and funny to run!
How does this deal with Shedinja? In fact, Shedinja walks all over it. I'd much rather opt for Spore/Leech Seed to force more switches and deal with Shedinja. Because if the opponent figures out your move set, he's just going to keep switching until you wear out your own PP. Talk about role reversal.

MAMP

MAMP!
How does this deal with Shedinja? In fact, Shedinja walks all over it. I'd much rather opt for Spore/Leech Seed to force more switches and deal with Shedinja. Because if the opponent figures out your move set, he's just going to keep switching until you wear out your own PP. Talk about role reversal.
How are they going to keep switching when you use block?

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
Switching between Shedinja and another Ghost type, that is. Even without another Ghost Type, many mons in the ladder have VSwitch/UTurn/BPass/PShot anyway.
in all seriousness. this is a classic example of "by doing this and this, you can stop this" when in practice, 90% of the tier don't ACTUALLY have it. "many mons in the ladder have switching moves anyway" actually, that isn't so true anymore, due to the offensive nature of BH atm, not many pokemon actually do(each team perhaps has 1 if at all). "Switching between Shedinja and another Ghost type[also adding magic bounce here]" yet again, something that many of even high classed players don't have often. how many people even RUN shedinja? i can vouch for less then half(dispite its absolute amazingness) and giratina, gengar, and all other ghosts all happen to be VERY rare in the current metagame. of course id call this a low ladder tactic, considering most higher level players don't run setup, and opt for power (mega ray for example destroys deoxys) however, even among high level players, trapping and eliminating a key pokemon of their team that they didn't expect to lose, can be a key aspect of winning the game vs them.

ALSO surely just because shedinja walks all over this doesn't mean its a terribad set. i mean, most pokemon are weak to shedinja. you just need to have something that counters it (like moldy pursuit gengar). and you cant pp stall that set...0.0 it has infinite PP it would be a stalemate. the REAL reason its bad, is because of knock off, which turns that set into a complete joke. and THAT is why id call it a low level tactic.(some high level players used to run that set last gen for example, but ran it on cress with unaware due to better overall bulk) any wall THAT weak to knock off, shouldn't be used without extreme caution.

also, unaware cress>that deoxys D

Fur Coat does quite well against Knock Off and for that matter, Mega Ray. And you don't need two Ghosts to mess with this set. I'm very sure most BH teams have one Ghost. And Ghosts almost always have Toxic or Curse.

The important reason the tactic is bad is the opportunity cost of choosing one ability over the other.

While we're on that set topic, I ran a variant of it on a gimmicky but amusing dedicated PP-Stall team. It ran with hazard support and waited until their Defogger or Spinner was dead or depleted of PP before doing its thing.

Overlord (Arceus-Flying) @ Leppa Berry (Originally Cresselia, but too many Gengars at the time)
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 HP / 126 Def / 126 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Heal Order
- Cosmic Power
- Spite
- Recycle

Basically, it was stay in, lose PP. Switch, take hazard damage. Was it a great set? Not really. But hilarious? Yes! I beat some of the more skilled players at the time, such as burgerking, with the team and this set from sheer unexpectedness.

MAMP

MAMP!
why is Leppa Berry even still in the metagame lol, you guys lose literally nothing of value by banning it
I agree, but bh has always been about having minimal bans, and leppa isn't particularly problematic.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
why is Leppa Berry even still in the metagame lol, you guys lose literally nothing of value by banning it
its because leppa stalling(not infinitestall might i add) is considered a viable strategy in bh, or it DID back when we still had unlimited EV's. we would've lost a very viable strategy, and plenty of people were against it/knew it wouldn't solve the problem(we actually have a ton of ways to infinite stall, as hard as they might be to pull off, it doesn't necessarily NEED leppa to pull off). and since people were also finding different ways to infinite stall (running 2 of the same move for example vs imposter) verbatim decided to "generalize infinite stalling" without having to chop off any strat (like unaware leppa stall) that would have been otherwise taken away, and also not having to physically search for every form of infinite stall and somehow ban it. (a popular one without leppa was sitrus stall iirc, where you trick harvest sitrus onto chansey via skill swap/trick and have a sun setter and have a PHer/regen user, and just switch spam on chansey not as viable now due to weather nerf, but still possible to accomplish).

Blood orange and Metronome cannon are pretty valuable assets of fun

Leppa is a good fun item and infinite stall is still around
Endless battle that is very different matter is very hard to pull off in BH, nearly impossible even with the traditional funbro method
but there are ofcourse the situation where theres two imposters left on both players (this actually happens sometimes) that can generate endless battle when both are stubborn.

Or even Water Absorb + Skill Swap + Scald rofl.

As a matter of fact, there's a semi-reliable way to infinistall that involves the use of Magnet Pull Dialga to trap imposters.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Why not Dry Skin + Skill Swap + Scald + Rain Dance to infinite stall.

Anyway this shouldn't be a too useful discussion. Do any of you know any creative imposterproof sweepers? Some time ago Iron Judgment Diancie Mega was mentioned as a Pokemon that can beat Shedinja, Imposters and Ates. (4x SE Move, Mold Breaker, Kings Shield sometimes) You can also run Ground Judgment, but you're not as Imposter-proof. It seemed cool, but I don't know whether it's good or if anyone knows something else that seems cool.

Anyway this shouldn't be a too useful discussion. Do any of you know any creative imposterproof sweepers? Some time ago Iron Judgment Diancie Mega was mentioned as a Pokemon that can beat Shedinja, Imposters and Ates. (4x SE Move, Mold Breaker, Kings Shield sometimes) You can also run Ground Judgment, but you're not as Imposter-proof. It seemed cool, but I don't know whether it's good or if anyone knows something else that seems cool.
If i remember this happened when i asked on the OM room if was possible to create a sweeper anti-Ate/Imposter/Sheddy (because those 3 are the most common and dominant forces on the metagame when it comes to stop sweepers). Moldy Hoopa-Unbound is anti-Imposter and Anti-Sheddy, but isn't anti-Ate, so i suggested look for some pokémon that is the most similar as possible to this Hoopa and at the same time it should have high defense and/or type resistent to -ates in order to acomplish all 3 requisites (anti-Ate/Imposter/Sheddy).

I suggested some steel-type at first, but i was not sure which steel pokemon until someone suggested Mega-Metagross (i guess it was Uselesscarab), then again the same people made this Mega-Diance set.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)