Base Stats, Move Data, Egg Moves, and Dream World Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts on a Steadfast Scyther lead @ Focus Sash? This takes out Infernape leads' ability to set up rocks if I'm correct: Flying Move of Choice + Quick Attack if they don't Fake Out, if they do you break their sash before they take you out second turn, then revenge with random priority.

I hope we can get Drought Ninetales in a hurry. Finally one of my favorites since first-gen will get some respect now, and Grass-types are getting a buff out of it. Politoed with Drizzle doesn't have the same threatening feel as a Pokemon in and of itself since Ninetales can do so much more, but rain is serious business, so that's pretty substantive. Between those two Pokemon, lots of Grasses and Waters and Fires with burning moves could be floating around, none of which Sandstorm teams will appreciate.

Magic Guard Alakazam is almost interesting. Gimmick stall with three moves out of Barrier, Reflect, Calm Mind, and Recover? It can handle the guaranteed-critical Ice move.

Rain Dish Tentacruel is infringing on my Ludicolo's territory, but I'll deal. Kind of sad that Meganium only gets Leaf Guard, as it's really not that great even with Ninetales there. Would have preferred Herbivore or something.

Water Absorb as an option for Lanturn would be cooler if it didn't take neutral damage from Electric. Of course, you could always switch in on Ice and fake people out, but honestly it seems like a Heatproof vs. Levitate on Bronzong situation. On the other hand, Water Absorb as an option for Suicune is crazy. Showing a Suicune in battle once will be like declaring war on enemy Water moves since absolutely nobody wants to restore that thing's HP for free.

Blaziken saw a new Fire/Fighting, got ticked off that new starters kept trying to outdo it, and kicked both the new pig and Infernape in the face. :P Speed Boost? Seriously? So now it comes in on something it can force out, hits Swords Dance on the enemy switch and gets a Speed Boost, and it's good to go.

My Breloom that already uses Mach Punch and Force Palm greatly appreciates Technician. 90-power 30% paralysis is nothing to be laughed at.

I'll keep combing over it and see what else strikes me...

Edit: I can't get over Ninetales because that's so awesome. With all the new Pokemon floating in the 90-99 Speed range, Ninetales' 100 actually looks better than it did last-gen, oddly enough. It can burn the new Dragons before they attack if they haven't used Dragon Dance, and even if they have then it could still beat them out with a Choice Scarf. The 99-Speed Bug/Steel legend won't like the fox either.

I think this gen is gonna see far more offense than stall and such. everything will be able to hit hard as hell. I like magicguard zam with sash and this 80BP physical special attack based move

I wonder if we'll be able to pass the abilities down by breeding. This way one can use egg moves and stuff.

Abilities down as "to be translated" on Serebii's page...

Pidgeot = Pigeon Heart
Arbok = Anxiety
Sandslash = Sand Throw
Nidoqueen = Encourage
Nidoking = Encourage
Venomoth = Miracle Skin
Dugtrio = Sand Power
Persian = Anxiety
Primeape = Competitive Spirit
Arcanine = Justice Heart
Slowbro = Regeneration
Farfetch'd = Competitive Spirit
Muk = Poison Skin
Cloyster = Dustproof
Kingler = Encourage
Exeggutor = (I lack a translation) Berries Regenerate
Starmie = Analyse
Pinsir = Earthquake Spiral
Tauros = Encourage
Gyarados = Earthquake Spiral
Ditto = (I lack both translation and description)
Omastar = Broken Armour
Kabutops = Broken Armour
Aerodactyl = Anxiety
Dragonite = (I lack translation) Takes less damage when at 100% HP. I believe this to be a set number, not a percentage, as it's possible to take 0 damage with this (from a far, far weaker opponent)
Mewtwo = Anxiety
Feraligatr = Encourage
Crobat = Slip Through
Xatu = (I lack translation) Not 100% sure on this, but believe it has a chance to rebound status moves...
Bellossom = Healing Heart
Azumarill = Herbivore
Sudowoodo = (I lack translation and info)
Jumpluff = Slip Through
Espeon = (Same as Xatu)
Slowking = Regeneration
Wobbuffet = Telepathy
Girafarig = Herbivore
Forretress = Dustproof
Dunsparce = (Same as Sudowoodo)
Steelix = Encourage
Granbull = (Same as Sudowoodo)
Scizor = Light Metal (Cuts weight)
Shuckle = (I lack translation) Stat changes have the opposite effect
Heracross = Earthquake Spiral
Ursaring = Anxiety
Magcargo = Broken Armour
Corsola = Regeneration
Octillery = (I lack translation) As far as I understand, a random stat change happens on entering
Skarmory = Broken Armour
Houndoom = Anxiety
Stantler = Herbivore
Smeargle = (Same as Octillery)
Miltank = Herbivore
Blissey = Healing Heart
Tyranitar = Anxiety
Lugia = (Same as Dragonite)
Ho-oh = Regeneration
Mightyena = Earthquake Spiral
Shiftry = (I lack translation) Chance of stealing opponent's item when attacking (if you have none and I believe Physical attack)
Gardevoir = Telepathy
Masquerain = Anxiety
Ninjask = Slip Through
Hariyama = Encourage
Delcatty = Miracle Skin
Sableye = Mischievous Heart
Mawile = Encourage
Aggron = Heavy Metal (increases weight)
Medicham = Encourage
Volbeat = Mischievous Heart
Illumise = Mischievous Heart
Spinda = (Same as Shuckle)
Zangoose = (I lack translation) I believe this raises Attack when poisoned
Seviper = Slip Through
Banette = Cursed Body
Tropius = (Same as Exeggutor)
Absol = Justice Heart
Glalie = (Same as Octillery)
Salamence = Earthquake Spiral
Metagross = Light Metal
Registeel = Light Metal
Empoleon = Competitive Spirit
Bibarel = (Same as Octillery)
Rampardos = Encourage
Wormadam = Dustproof
Vespiquen = Anxiety
Gastrodon = Sand Power
Drifblim = (I lack translation) I think this powers him up when burnt in some way
Honchkrow = Earthquake Spiral
Purugly = Competitive Spirit
Bronzong = Heavy Metal
Chatot = Pigeon Heart
Spiritomb = Slip Through
Lucario = Justice Heart
Hippowdon = Sand Power
Toxicroak = Poison Skin
Weavile = (Same as Shiftry)
Magnezone = Analyse
Tangrowth = Regenerator
Porygon-Z = Analyse
Gallade = Justice Heart
Probopass = Sand Power
Froslass = Cursed Body
Dialga = Telepathy
Palkia = Telepathy
Giratina = Telepathy

TBC

I hope we can get Drought Ninetales in a hurry. Finally one of my favorites since first-gen will get some respect now. Magic Guard Alakazam is almost interesting. Gimmick stall with three moves out of Barrier, Reflect, Calm Mind, and Recover? It can handle the guaranteed-critical Ice move.

Rain Dish Tentacruel is infringing on my Ludicolo's territory, but I'll deal. Kind of sad that Meganium only gets Leaf Guard, as it's really not that great even with Ninetales there. Would have preferred Herbivore or something.

Water Absorb as an option for Lanturn would be cooler if it didn't take neutral damage from Electric. Of course, you could always switch in on Ice and fake people out, but honestly it seems like a Heatproof vs. Levitate on Bronzong situation. On the other hand, Water Absorb as an option for Suicune is crazy. Showing a Suicune in battle once will be like declaring war on enemy Water moves since absolutely nobody wants to restore that thing's HP for free.

Blaziken saw a new Fire/Fighting, got ticked off that new starters kept trying to outdo it, and kicked both the new pig and Infernape in the face. :P Speed Boost? Seriously? So now it comes in on something it can force out, hits Swords Dance on the enemy switch and gets a Speed Boost, and it's good to go.

Quite literally, too, with its new 130 BP Hi Jump Kick. +2 LO Hi Jump Kick OHKOs Max/Max Bold Suicune 0.o, and doesn't come with the drawback of lowered defenses.

My Breloom that already uses Mach Punch and Force Palm greatly appreciates Technician. 90-power 30% paralysis is nothing to be laughed at.

I'll keep combing over it and see what else strikes me...

[M468]: Dark Other Power: --- / Accuracy: ---

Raises Attack + accuracy

No more Stone Miss for Tyranitar?

[M509]: Fighting Physical Power: 60 / Accuracy: 90

Move last. Target switches out

An attacking Whirldwind?

Wow as if it is hard for gyarados to kill something lol...

Serebii fixed the dream world base stats.

I wonder what Competitive Spirit does
DOUBLE YOUR STATS BELIEVE
You can do it, Farfetch'd!

[M468]: Dark Other Power: --- / Accuracy: ---

Raises Attack + accuracy

No more Stone Miss for Tyranitar?

[M509]: Fighting Physical Power: 60 / Accuracy: 90

Move last. Target switches out

An attacking Whirldwind?

Wow as if it is hard for gyarados to kill something lol...
That fighting move seems similar to Dragon Tail.

And Gyarados really appreciates its Intimidate...I'm thinking bulkier versions will opt for the usual Intimidate, while LO versions go all out and nab Arrogance.

Seing as Justice Heart is only on Arcanine and the Legendary Quadrupeds, Arcanine could be useful! (If Justice Heart is good, I think it will be. Although Justice Heart may not be as good as Flash Fire or Intimidate)

EDIT: OMG, Lucario, Absol and Gallade get it too! (Please let it boost speed by 10%! (unlikely)

Why do we keep calling Earthquake Spiral "Earthquake Spiral"
I thought it was supposed to be Overconfidence.

Why do we keep calling Earthquake Spiral "Earthquake Spiral"
I thought it was supposed to be Overconfidence.
It has been translated both ways. I prefer Arrogance, since it has a nice ring to it, especially looking at the pokemon that get this ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)