Base Stats of New Pokemon

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Please remember the forum rules.

4. In threads discussing the metagame, do not assume any particular Pokémon are banned. This is a completely new game and any preconceived notions about what is broken are not applicable.

As far as anyone should be confirmed, all these Pokemon are fair game. For further info, do a quick reading of the topics in Policy Review. Do not discuss what is and isn't uber. We don't have anywhere near enough information to start tiering Pokemon.

I wonder how that'll impact Tyranitar's/Hippowdon's tiering, with w/ Sandstorm version of Swift Swim he can outspeed virtually everything. They aren't really uber material but might be necessary.
Why would your immediate thought be to put T-Tar and Hippowdon both into uber, and not just put Doryu there?

Please remember the forum rules.

4. In threads discussing the metagame, do not assume any particular Pokémon are banned. This is a completely new game and any preconceived notions about what is broken are not applicable.

As far as anyone should be confirmed, all these Pokemon are fair game. For further info, do a quick reading of the topics in Policy Review. Do not discuss what is and isn't uber. We don't have anywhere near enough information to start tiering Pokemon.
Lol, I was going to post something very similar to this :p

Oh. My. God.

I looked at Serebii's New Pokemon page. These...these creatures have INSANE Attack and overall offensive stats. Don't even get me started on the new Chlorophyll Pokemon. This new Pokemon list is VERY offensive. And I actually changed my mind about the Ubers list a bit...
Look at how much HP everything has though, it's looking like bulk town. There do not have INSANE attack, they have usable ones with some ringers tossed in for good measure.

To be honest, Meloia has pretty terrible resistances (or resistance) and its weakness to dark might be very threatening with all the powerful Dark types this generation. Also, So many bug types @_@ I hope its other forme is good. That base 128 attack is attractive ~

Genoekuto doesn't look that amazing. Poor offenses with the inability to even speed tie with max speed base 100s is crippling. It has poor STABs to work with to boot. Base 120 is nothing to write home about in Ubers, although with Download is has some potential.
Oh and something i missed out, Hihidaruma's second form could be sexy.

I think we should remember a few things before we go out and say that everything this generation is way too good. Back in 2006 when Diamond & Pearl came out, there was a ton of speculation that ended up sounding stupid by the time everything settled down. A lot of these pokemon look really good, but I'm sure movepool expansions will keep the old pokemon fresh as well.

That said, I really excited to see that all of these new pokemon have pretty awesome stats to work with.

Gigaiasu just looks outclassed by Rhyperior to me, don't know what the big deal about it is.

Also it seems as though most of these new pokemon are saddled with a bunch of unfortunate weaknesses in exchange for their high attack/special attack stats.

Gigaiasu just looks outclassed by Rhyperior to me, don't know what the big deal about it is.

Also it seems as though most of these new pokemon are saddled with a bunch of unfortunate weaknesses in exchange for their high attack/special attack stats.
Except it has Sturdy... which means it'll always get an attack off. While I certainly don't think it'll make OU or maybe even UU, it does have great potential. Force something out, hit the switchin, get outsped (lol 25 base speed), survive with Sturdy, hit hard again. I really don't think anything will like taking a Stone Edge from 135 base attack, then taking another attack.

#627Washibon (Lv. 54 -->)
#628Uooguru
Normal/Flying
Keen Eye/"Encourage"
HP: 100
Atk: 123
Def: 75
SpA: 57
SpD: 75
Spe: 80

BST: 510

Wargle isn't all that impressive, but its ability Encourage boosts the power of its moves while removing secondary effects. That couldn't possibly mean we are left with a 180 base power Brave Bird with no recoil.. could it? Not to mention the concept of boosted Close Combat with no defense drops.

Also, you know, its the War Eagle pokemon. So its awesome in that way too.

Except it has Sturdy... which means it'll always get an attack off. While I certainly don't think it'll make OU or maybe even UU, it does have great potential. Force something out, hit the switchin, get outsped (lol 25 base speed), survive with Sturdy, hit hard again. I really don't think anything will like taking a Stone Edge from 135 base attack, then taking another attack.
Doesn't Sturdy only stop OHKO moves and not OHKOs period, or is this changed in B&W?

Is anyone else noticing the general mediocrity of Ice-type attacks against most of the new dragons? These dragons are not going to be so simply dispatched with a bulky water wielding ice beam as they used to be. Choice Scarf dragons are looking like a better and better idea this generation to deal with Ononokusu and the Dark/Dragon guy (as well as others).

With this newest increase in offensive power (as a generalization of the new pokemons' base stats), I thinking that we're going to be seeing even more reliance on Scarfed revenge killers (especially dragons, methinks).

I think this generation is going to be very weather-based, with sandstorm teams looking especially terrifying. For one thing, sunny day/rain dance teams need a pokemon to use the move, sandstorm is automatically set up by something with sand stream and lasts until someone else uses a weather move. Until now, rain dance teams were probably the most viable due to water's potency as a type and the usefulness of swift swim. Now that sand throw is in the game, that's going to change.

Doryuuzu is a ground/steel type mole with base:
110 hp
135 atk
60 def
50 spa
60 spdef
88 speed

Even with an adamant nature, it'll reach ~550 speed in a sandstorm, which is pretty much only outran by stuff like scarf aerodactyl. With that typing, chances are it'll have access to earthquake and stone edge along with god knows what else to pulverize anything on the other team.

On top of that, you've got the new archaeopteryx with 140 atk/110 speed (revenge killer, anyone?), the fossil turtle with 133 defense and lower special defense that would love to get boosted by sandstorm and solid as an ability to help negate its lackluster water/rock typing. Gigaiasu would also become extremely sturdy in sandstorm, considering its 85/130/70 defenses and potent attack. Not to even mention all the new steels that will go well in sandstorm.

As far as older pokemon go, tyranitar is getting sand throw to put it up to speed with all this crazy new stuff. In a frail, hyperoffensive metagame, I'm sure good old CB bullet punch scizor while prove more than useful.

I dunno about you guys, but I'm strongly considering going for a sand storm team in generation five. I think for 3v3 matches I'll a setup using something along the lines of hippowdon to bring sand storm into play ASAP, doryuuzu to earthquake off the bat and decimate any opposing pokemon that aren't flying. First turn, hippowdon would protect to negate EQ damage or take the EQ and ice fang a flyer. Meanwhile, I think I'll be using a choice scarfed archaeopterix to knock something else out, since its flying typing will allow it to ignore doryuuzu's earthquake. Sandstorm will finish of any non-steel/ground/rock types wearing a focus sash.

#627Washibon (Lv. 54 -->)
#628Uooguru
Normal/Flying
Keen Eye/"Encourage"
HP: 100
Atk: 123
Def: 75
SpA: 57
SpD: 75
Spe: 80

BST: 510

Wargle isn't all that impressive, but its ability Encourage boosts the power of its moves while removing secondary effects. That couldn't possibly mean we are left with a 180 base power Brave Bird with no recoil.. could it? Not to mention the concept of boosted Close Combat with no defense drops.

Also, you know, its the War Eagle pokemon. So its awesome in that way too.
That would be so amazing if the ability does do that....

EDIT: also, how will a focus punch from encourage Roopushin work? O_o
MORE EDIT: actully, that's not a secondary effect is it...

why does gamefreak fuck over all grass types?

tsutaajsa or whatever is crap. It's bulky and that's it...
i hope it get's some stat up moves, and even then it seems like only DD could save it and it seem like it could get it, tough not many non-dragons besides gyarados and the 2º gen water starter which i can't remember right now gets it

I posted these in the spoilers thread, but here's a quick look at some of the base stats generalized.

26 Pokemon with 100, or more base speed.

21 Pokemon with 120, or more base attack.
40 Pokemon with 100, or more base attack.

16 Pokemon with 120, or more base special attack.
28 Pokemon with 100, or more base special attack.

17 Pokemon with over 300, or more base Atk/SpA/Spd combined.
32 Pokemon wtih over 275, or more base Atk/SpA/Spd combined.

20 Pokemon with 100, or more base HPs.

22 Pokemon over 275, or more base HPs/Def/SpDef combined.
9 Pokemon over 300, or more base HPs/Def/SpDef combined.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Aekosu is my new favourite pokemon abilities be damned. That's what you have Wish for anyways. If Desukan were Steel type Bronzor would be done. As it is he's going to have stiff competition.

BTW does anyone else notice the huge number of massive attack stats in the dex? There's something like thirteen 120+ attack stats and seven 120+ S.Atk stats not including legendaries. If a couple of them get boosted Pursuit Blissey could be doomed to fall.

why does gamefreak fuck over all grass types?

tsutaajsa or whatever is crap. It's bulky and that's it...
i hope it get's some stat up moves, and even then it seems like only DD could save it and it seem like it could get it, tough not many non-dragons besides gyarados and the 2º gen water starter which i can't remember right now gets it
Hey, we do get that awesome Grass/Steel with 89/131/116 defenses, which is physically more bulky than Forretress and more specially bulky than Bronzong. 94 base attack with the potential to use it alongside Power Whip seems mighty fine, along with the fact that its evolutionary line is extremely similar to Forretress', meaning it could get a slew of support options like Spikes, Leech Seed, Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes, etc. We don't know what its ability does yet, but its called 'Iron Barbs' which to me sounds like Rough Skin. We also have Mebukijika, which has nice speed and attack.

#639Terakion
Rock/Fighting
"Justice Heart"
HP: 91
Atk: 129
Def: 90
SpA: 72
SpD: 90
Spe: 108

Speed ties Infernape, ATK is only slightly lower than that of Machamp, 91/90/90 defenses. Probably safe to assume it gets Stone Edge + Close Combat/Superpower.

um, the best Choice Band Fighting-type in the game?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)