Baton Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.
everyday, when I fight for the ladder, i can't do more than 3 matches without finding a bp team... to defeat them, we need special pokemons with perish song, taunt, roar or haze, which we rarely use, so we lose the match and with it, we lost points (I think unjustly). I purspose to make more than 1 pokemon with Baton Pass for uber... this will is the only way to stop bp players because ladder was made to recognise good players, not to recognise who win matches by using undefeatable teams (with normal teams) although they are bad players; the problem is that even if you predict very well, you can't win because of the way the bp team is made, and with all another teams, although you have disadvantage, you can win by predicting. I hope you all have understood me, i dont know to explain very well <.<

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We already had a vote on Baton Pass, and it wasn't deemed broken enough to be banned.

Thanks for your concern!

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
This post is going to be horribly inadequate because I am limited to my phone; I'll see what I can do.

In our last OU suspect round (I assume you are playing OU), it was voted that Baton Pass was suspect, but not enough to be banned immediately. Those results can be found here. After that vote, Smogon shifted from suspect rounds to councils. The current OU council (consisting of aldaron, Bloo, Earthworm, Haunter, and JabbaTheGriffin) has decided not to ban Baton Pass. If you want to know why they haven't, feel free to ask them; they are all friendly users. And that brings us to today!

While your suggestion does have some precedent, this is not the right place to ask this question. You might want to consider posting in the SQSA thread in the Overused forum. I can tell you that I personally don't have a problem with baton pass. It's susceptible to crits and can be dismembered with any of the moves you mentioned. I could go on about how I believe it isn't broken, but I am just one battler. I recommend you post in Overused to get a more concise discussion on Baton Pass's role in OU.

Edit: Gah, huge ninja by Solace. That's what I get for phone posting ;__;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)