Battle Hall Challenge - S0L1D G0LD

"Welcome to the Battle Hall!

I see it is your first time with us today, I'm sure you'll have a great time! I wish you the best of luck on your endeavor and hope you and Riolu can succeed!"

Only SubwayJ and S0L1D G0LD should be posting in this thread until the run's completion, or a subref is needed!

S0L1D G0LD is challenging Rank 2 hall with Awakened the Riolu​

Riolu (Awakened) (M)
Nature: Naive
Type: Fighting

Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions on Circle Throw, Seismic Toss, Sky Drop, Storm Throw, Submission, and Vital Throw.

Abilities:

Steadfast:

Type: Passive

If this Pokemon is flinched, it becomes aware of the speed difference and increases its Speed and natural Speed stage by one (1) to make up the difference.

Pokemon with this ability: Machop, Machoke, Machamp, Scyther, Tyrogue, Hitmontop, Riolu, Lucario, Gallade.

Inner Focus:

When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.

Pokemon with this ability: Zubat, Golbat, Abra, Kadabra, Alakazam, Drowzee, Hypno, Farfetch'd, Hitmonchan, Kangaskhan Dragonite, Crobat, Umbreon, Girafarig, Sneasel, Snorunt, Glalie, Riolu, Lucario, Throh, Sawk, Darumaka, Mienfoo, Mienshao, Pawniard, Bisharp.

Prankster (DW Locked):

The Pokemon is always prepared for engaging in sneaky tactics and trickery, giving its non-damaging attacks an increase in priority level.

Pokemon with this ability: Murkrow, Sableye, Volbeat, Illumise, Riolu, Purrloin, Liepard, Cottonee, Whimsicott, Tornadus, Thundurus, Fidgit, Scratchet, Tomohawk.

Stats:

Riolu
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 69 (+15% Speed, +16% Accuracy)
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 13

EC: 0/6
MC: 0
DC: 0/5
Moves:

Foresight
Quick Attack
Endure
Counter
Feint
Force Palm
Copycat
Reversal
Screech
Final Gambit
Drain Punch

Agility
Blaze Kick
Bullet Punch
Crunch
Hi Jump Kick

Earthquake
Double Team
Focus Blast
Shadow Claw
Rock Slide

---------------------------------

Please select your first type!

Last edited:

Ace Trainer Alexis would like to battle!

"Hmph, first time?? I'll try not to crush you too hard."

Pokemon Roll: 2/5 (Nohface)
Ability: 1/1 (Levitate)

Nohface (M)
Nature:
Adamant (+1 Atk, -1 SpA)
Type:
Steel:
Steel STAB; immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Spray, can be magnetized. Superior senses in high-metal environments like construction sites or factories.
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 3 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 0 (-)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 10
Weight Class: 3

Abilities:
Levitate:
(Passive) This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading the Ground moves Bulldoze, Earthquake, Fissure, and Magnitude. Earth Power will have three (3) less Base Attack Power. Dig and Dive can strike a Levitating Pokemon if their user is over Size Class 4, has Levitate, is 3.5m or larger, or is a Flying-type. Otherwise Dig and Dive will miss. Ground moves can still hit.

Attacks:
Iron Defense
Scratch
Lick
Metal Burst
Faint Attack
Shadow Sneak
Curse
Copycat

Will-O-Wisp
Rock Slide
Taunt

Meteor Mash
Yawn
Psycho Shift

"C'mon Nohface, let's show them the door!"
----------------------------------

Please issue actions against Ace Trainer Alexis!

Nohfaces...... Why'd it have to be Nohfaces?

Blaze Kick - Crunch - Blaze Kick
If will-o-wisp is used and you are not under the effects of taunt switch that action to agility and the next action to copycat but only once.
If metal burst is used, and you are not under the effects of taunt, switch that action to foresight and any following actions to hi jump kick.

"Hmph, show him what you're capable Nohface!"
Will-O-Wisp - Shadow Sneak - Meteor Mash
Round 1

EN: 100
3/2/2/1/69/1/2

VS

HP: 100
EN: 100
3/3/0/3/10/1/3

A1

Riolu used Agility
Riolu's speed rose 2 stages
7EN

Nohface used Will-O-Wisp
5899 (Hit)
Riolu was burned
-7EN

Riolu was hurt by it's burn!
-2HP

A2

Nohface used Shadow Sneak
8431 (no crit)
4+3+1.5 = 8.5DMG
-3EN

Riolu used Copycat
(Copy shadow sneak)
5061 (no crit)
(4-3)*1.5 = 1.5DMG
-6EN

-2HP

A3

Riolu used Blaze Kick
4067, 9664 (no hax)
(9-3)*1.5 = 9DMG
-7EN

Nohface used Meteor Mash
2834, 7854, 3609 (hit, no crit, no boost)
9+3+1.5 = 13.5DMG
-7EN

-2HP

HP: 62
EN: 80
3/2/2/1/69/1/2
Other: Burned, +2 Speed

VS

HP: 89
EN: 83
3/3/0/3/10/1/3

---------------------------

"Lets keep up the pressure!"
Meteor Mash - Lick - Meteor Mash
***IF Counter AND you are Foresighted THEN Yawn the first time and Iron Defense the second, pushing back every time
***IF High Jump Kick AND you are Foresighted THEN use Metal Burst that action, pushing back

I said to use evasive agility in my sub. Or at least it was very heavily Implied. I understand if you won't change it, but at least see my side, with proper wording being my nemesis.

I understand what you mean, but unless evasive agility is specified, it is always assumed as regular agility. If you ever find yourself in this situation again I suggest you go onto #capasb and ask for help when wording subs. Sorry, but I have to follow official ruling :/

"We'll Riolu, looks like I screwed you with my unclear wording. My bad. There's always next time. But maybe we can hold out a bit longer. Give Nohface, who I knew I would wind up fighting, a tough/ultra sweaty tryhard time."

Foresight - Drain Punch - Drain Punch

Round 2

HP: 62
EN: 80
3/2/2/1/69/1/2
Other: Burned, +2 Speed

VS

HP: 89
EN: 83
3/3/0/3/10/1/3

A1

Riolu used Foresight
-6EN

Nohface used Meteor Mash
633, 2969, 9679 (hit, no crit, no boost)
9+3+1.5 = 13.5DMG
-10EN

-2HP

A2

Riolu used Drain Punch
7510 (no hax)
(8-3+3)*1.5 = 12DMG
6 Healed
-11EN

Nohface used Lick!
4568, 7913 (no hax)
(4+3+1.5) = 8.5DMG
-2EN

-2HP

A3

Riolu used Drain Punch
6801 (no hax)
(8-3+3)*1.5 = 12DMG
6 Healed
-15EN

Nohface used Meteor Mash
1977, 2127, 7473 (hit, no crit, no boost)
9+3+1.5 = 13.5DMG
-6EN

-2HP

HP: 32
EN: 48
3/2/2/1/69/1/2
Other: Burned, +1 Speed

VS

HP: 65
EN: 65
3/3/0/3/10/1/3
Other: Foresighted (3A)

---------------------------

Please issue actions vs Ace Trainer Alexis!

Last edited:
*sigh*

Let's just get this over with.

Screech - Reversal + Reversal - Cooldown

Now Gimme my counters. I just want to be able to rechallenge asap.

And psst, you aren't cool if you don't use meteor mash twice in a row starting a1 this round . ..

"Aha, we have done it!"
Lick-Shadow Sneak-Lick

Round 3

HP: 32
EN: 48
3/2/2/1/69/1/2
Other: Burned, +1 Speed

VS

HP: 65
EN: 65
3/3/0/3/10/1/3
Other: Foresighted (3A)

Riolu used Screech!
Nohface's Defence fell
-6EN

Nohface used Lick!
6324, 5347 (no hax)
(4+3+1.5) = 8.5DMG
-2EN

-2HP

A2

Nohface used Shadow Sneak!
8984 (no hax)
(4+3+1.5) = 8.5DMG
-3EN

Riolu used MEGA REVERSAL OF DOOM!

5643 (no hax)
(10*2.25+3-3)*1.5+4 = 37.75DMG
-31.5EN

-2HP

A3

Riolu cooled down

Nohface used Lick!
6324, 5347 (no hax)
(4+3+1.5) = 8.5DMG
-2EN

-2HP

Riolu fainted!

HP: 0
EN: 11
3/2/2/1/69/1/2
Other: Burned

VS

HP: 27
EN: 58
3/3/0/3/10/1/3
Other: -2 Defence

-------------------------------

"Better luck next time!"

S0L1D G0LD, your battle hall challenge has come to an end!
Please feel free to challenge again in 72 Hours!

Rewards:

S0L1D G0LD: 2CC
Riolu: 2KOC

SubwayJ: 4.5UC

Welp, thanks anyways.

It is highly ironic, at least to me it is, that, even though I thoroughly researched my opponents and my best moves, The one foe that would give me trouble of my chosen type appeared, and a miswording cost me the battle.

Challenge 2

"Back again are we? I wish you the best of luck! Perhaps Embirch will fare better than Riolu before him?"

Only SubwayJ and S0L1D G0LD should be posting in this thread until the run's completion, or a subref is needed!

S0L1D G0LD is challenging Rank 2 hall with Pretéks the Embirch

Embirch (Pretéks) (M)
Nature: Brave
Type: Fire/Grass

Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn status. Brighten Command.

Brighten Command: For the next six (6) actions, all this Pokemon's attacks with have their accuracy increased by one stage. Type Exclusive commands can only be used by Pokemon that are naturally that type, and are still available if the Pokemon changes type.

Command Type: Type Exclusive | Accuracy: -- | Energy Cost: 5 | Priority: 0 | CT: None

Grass: Grass STAB; immunity to Leech Seed, Worry Seed, and all "Powder" based attacks (Poisonpowder, Powder, Rage Powder, Sleep Powder, Spore, Stun Spore). Unable to have Petal Dance disrupted by oncoming damage. Ignores Arena restrictions on Grass attacks requiring an external grass source. Bloom Command.

Bloom Command: For the next six (6) actions, this Pokemon's "Grass," "Powder," and "Seed" status-moves will have fifteen (15) added points to their Base Accuracy (e.g. Grasswhistle goes from 55 Base Acc to 70 Base Acc). Type Exclusive commands can only be used by Pokemon that are naturally that type, and are still available if the Pokemon changes type.

Command Type: Type Exclusive | Accuracy: -- | Energy Cost: 5 | Priority: 0 | CT: None

Abilities:

Reckless
Leaf Guard

Chlorophyll (HA Locked)

Stats:

Atk: Rank 3 (+)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 52 (-15% speed, -10% evasion)
Weight Class: 2

Moves:

Bullet Seed
Sweet Scent
Absorb
Growth
Ember
Leech Seed
Flame Wheel
Giga Drain
Fire Spin

Blaze Kick
Counter
Earth Power
Revenge
Seed Bomb

Protect
Fire Blast
Will-O-Wisp
Rest
Rock Slide

---------------------------------

Please select your first type!

Last edited:

Ace Trainer Alexis would like to battle!

"Back again? Lets see how my steel pokemon crush you this time!"

Pokemon Roll: 4/5 (Magnemite)
Ability: 2/3 (Sturdy)

Magnemite (U)
Nature:
Timid (+15% Spe, +9% Acc, -1 Atk)
Type:
Electric:
Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain. Superior senses in power plant environments.in. Superior senses in power plant environments.
Steel: Steel STAB; immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Spray, can be magnetized. Superior senses in high-metal environments like construction sites or factories.

Stats:
HP: 80
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 52 (+)
Weight Class: 1

Abilities:
Magnet Pull:
(Trigger) This Pokemon has the ability to generate a magnetic field that can attract or repulse Steel-type Pokemon. When attracted by Magnet Pull, Steel-types cannot move out of the immediate proximity without great difficulty, and can be pulled along by the Magnet Pull Pokemon. When repulsed, the Steel type is thrust violently away and contact attacks have immense difficulty striking the Magnet Pull Pokemon. The effect of both commands lasts for the following three (3) actions. Steel-types cannot switch out in a Switch=OK battle while a Pokemon with Magnet Pull is on the field without the use of Baton Pass, U-turn, or Volt Switch.
Sturdy: (Passive) This Pokemon's body is solidly constructed, reducing the Base Attack Power from an opponents incoming attacks by one (1). The effect is amplified on OHKO Moves, which are reduced by ten (10) Base Attack Power.
Analytic (DW): (Passive) If this Pokemon attacks after its target during an action, its attacks have two (2) more Base Attack Power.

Attacks:
Metal Sound
Tackle
ThunderShock
Supersonic
SonicBoom
Thunder Wave
Magnet Bomb
Spark
Electro Ball
Mirror Shot
Lock-On
Magnet Rise
Zap Cannon

Hidden Power [Ice] (7)
Flash Cannon
Volt Switch

"Magnemite, we may be at a disadvantage, but you can do this!"

Please issue actions against Ace Trainer Alexis!

We've learned a thing or two since last time.

(Activate Brighten)

Fire Blast - Earth Power - Fire Blast
If you are unable to act, push back.
If I am wrong and brighten cannot be activated without using an action when sent out, don't use brighten.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)