Battle Maison Discussion & Records

I've decided to seperate Super Singles Records that use Entrainment Durant from ''normal/other'' Super Single records.
The reason I chose to do so lies in the fact that Entrainment Durant has proven to be very broken.

If members disagree with my reasoning here, feel free to post about this.
In my mind, people will be less likely to try and attempt to reach top 3 while they are up against #1000+ streaks in Super Single mode involving Entrainment teams.
I don't think that they should be separated because it cheapens the streaks themselves and includes arbitrary restrictions. "WOW 900 streak? Oh wait it's got a Durant, let's throw an asterisk up there so everyone knows that it doesn't really count". Why don't we make a separate ladder for everyone using Mega Evolutions, too?

It doesn't matter how broken a tactic is - this isn't competitive battling, and so there are no rules besides the ones already hard-coded into the game and the Maison. Fairness and balance is irrelevant in a game of "P1 vs. COM". If you want to run your own sets and try to set a record, go ahead! If TruAnt is the most effective way to get a streak up, why should there be something to discourage you from going that way? And I'm not just saying this because I run a Durant set, either.

I don't think that they should be separated because it cheapens the streaks themselves and includes arbitrary restrictions. "WOW 900 streak? Oh wait it's got a Durant, let's throw an asterisk up there so everyone knows that it doesn't really count". Why don't we make a separate ladder for everyone using Mega Evolutions, too?

It doesn't matter how broken a tactic is - this isn't competitive battling, and so there are no rules besides the ones already hard-coded into the game and the Maison. Fairness and balance is irrelevant in a game of "P1 vs. COM". If you want to run your own sets and try to set a record, go ahead! If TruAnt is the most effective way to get a streak up, why should there be something to discourage you from going that way? And I'm not just saying this because I run a Durant set, either.
Perhaps it's because literally, the only thing that is making your streak so big is... Durant? People want to know what teams they're using to get to high streaks. If the high streaks are all Durant users, why bother to try anything else other than Durant? As Eppie said, it's been proven that the most effective set to run involves the same Durant set. Entrainment, Truant. Doesn't matter what else you run, it's always because of Durant. So what about the people who want to do it without Durant? It's honestly boring to see the top rankers use Durant, because it's obvious. The whole reason to separate them, I feel, is to show what teams other people are using and to see how far they were able to get.

Say a team with MAmpharos, Starmie, and Gengar got super high. Well that's interesting, ain't it? How is that supposed to work? What items did they use? What movesets did they have? What problems did they have?

Say a Durant team got a high streak. How did you get so high? Durant. It doesn't matter who else you run. It's always a setup sweeper of some sort, but their success is always because of Durant.

Separate ranking for Mega Evoutions? What, isn't there like 12 or so MEvos? Compared to... one Durant? And Mega Evo use does not guarantee success as well as using Durant.

Also, Eppie isn't saying that using Durant doesn't count. He's saying that there's a separate ranking for Durant teams. Go ahead and get a huge streak with Durant, you'll get up there.

This isn't an attack or anything, fyi. Just giving why I feel that separating the rankings is a good idea.

700th post huh...
I seem to like making Battle Frontier related posts a lot on the 100s.
Sounds like as good of a time as any: NTPG-WWWW-WWW2-ULK3

Expect a write up and stuff, along with some other thing soon.

EDIT: Here's a picture as well http://i1.minus.com/iWbnK2KDScYIf.JPG
Congratulations on achieving 1.000 straight wins!
I think you really deserved being the first person to break the 1.000 mark in a mode other than Singles, after getting so close over the years.
Are the Battle Points still limited to a maximum of 9999? I have been wondering about this since we found out that we now get 7 BP per 50+ battle.

No one is getting discouraged here, and a seperate list does not mean that those kind of streaks do not count.
If they didn't count, they wouldn't be listed at all.
In fact, it should encourage people who run these kind of teams to try and claim the throne of being the best Entrainment abuser!

Super Singles used to be the most popular battle mode over the years, but when BW2 came out, which gave us Entrainment Durant, the whole Super Singles mode ''collapsed''. Trust me, this will happen again.

I fully agree with farranpoison's post but as stated before, I can easily fuse both Single line rankings over the time if the majority prefers me to do so.

Last edited:

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks. I've hit the 900 wins range 3 times I think, so it's pretty nice to finally get something into the 4-digits.

I'm not sure whether the cap is still 9999BP or not. After all, even if I didn't spend anything and was gaining 7 for every battle I did, it would still only 7000BP. I only have 5.2k on hand right now, and Total BP gained to date being 9777BP. It will probably be a while before I find out, as I'm probably going to get back to breeding some Pokemon to play around with in Doubles Battle Spot. Though I'll probably try to get myself to get the Singles and Rotations monuments at some point, along with hitting 10k BP to date.

It probably doesn't help my progress of BP hoarding when I also have a tendency to hand out BP bought items like candy to people.

I was actually wondering about this, before you posted that lol. I mean, Entrainment Durant is cool and all, but some of us want to try and get big streaks the old fashioned way.

Also, will there be some sort of recognition for people who have gotten all the Super Trophies? I know a few have already in this thread.
I must have missed this post.
I can add in a list for this if people want me to, but what about multi trophy?
You would need another member, or own 2 3DS systems in order to obtain this trophy, pretty challening now that I think about it!

R Inanimate, I guess we will find out soon enough :).

I must have missed this post.
I can add in a list for this if people want me to, but what about multi trophy?
You would need another member, or own 2 3DS systems in order to obtain this trophy, pretty challening now that I think about it!

R Inanimate, I guess we will find out soon enough :).
While this is true, some of us have gotten the trophy through sheer willpower and guts with a somewhat terrible AI partner. I feel though that it doesn't really matter how you get the trophy, as long as you got it. Because Super Multis is a huge pain, for realz.

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
I've been a bit busy with egg move research and real life stuff that I haven't had much time to play. Currently I've only managed a super singles streak of 84 wins (I'll try to get a picture later if required). This is what I've been using:

Goodra @ Choice Specs
Gooey
Modest
IVs: 31/x/31/31/31/31
EVs: 0/0/6/252/0/252
Stats: 165/101/91/178/170/132

Dragon Pulse
Flamethrower
Thunderbolt
Sludge Bomb

Not the greatest Pokemon in the world but it has its perks. It packs good power and coverage, it has insane special bulk, and Gooey is pretty funny sometimes (hi Fake Out). It's a bit slow though, and Gooey doesn't always save you here. It doesn't take physical hits too well either; while it can usually survive one strong hit, it is easily 2HKOed by many things, and really powerful stuff like Choice Band Archeops can kill it easily.

Dragon Pulse is STAB, Flamethrower is for Steels, Thunderbolt is for Waters, and Sludge Bomb is for Fairies. Sludge Bomb was almost never used; if Surf was an option I'd probably use that instead (don't tell me to use Muddy Water).

Scizor @ Scizorite
Technician
Adamant
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
EVs: 252/252/0/0/0/4
Stats: 177/200/120/55/100/86

X-Scissor
Bullet Punch
Swords Dance
Roost

Obviously Steel-types have always been good partners for Dragons, and the addition of the Fairy-type makes this partnership even more important. Nothing really new here in terms of move set, but now it can mega-evolve! The extra power of Mega Scizor isn't actually that apparent until you get some Swords Dances under its belt. It's the extra bulk and Speed where the real advantages lie - it helps with setting up sometimes.

Running Scizorite has the downside of preventing Scizor from holding Leftovers though. This means Mega Scizor is a bit more prone to residual damage. Burn is the worst of these, although Hail isn't nice either (Bullet Punch deals with Ice-types so it isn't as bad as being burned thankfully). I'm actually debating whether I should forgo Scizorite and just try Leftovers.

I should also note that the loss of Dark and Ghost resistances really sucks. I used to use Scizor as a soft check to Psychic teams in the Subway (I believe they're represented by Hex Maniacs now?), but now it is less reliable at performing that role. It can still work, but it isn't as safe.

Azumarill @ Splash Plate
Huge Power
Adamant
EVs: 252/252/0/0/0/4
Stats: 207/112/100/64/100/71

Waterfall
Play Rough
Bulldoze
Aqua Jet

Adding a Fairy typing to Azumarill makes it so much better than it was in previous generations. Not only does it give it an additional STAB, it give it 3 very useful resistances AND a Dragon immunity. The immunity is key for this team. In many cases, any Dragons trying to kill Goodra with Outrage or similar will be met by Azumarill, who can then kill them with Play Rough.

Waterfall and Aqua Jet shouldn't require explanation. Play Rough shouldn't either, but why did Game Freak have to give it 90 accuracy?!? Bulldoze is honestly terrible (I used it mainly for Tentacruel and Empoleon), but I really don't know what to run there. Superpower may be the obvious replacement but the side effect is so annoying for such a slow Pokemon. I don't think it matter that much though. The other moves do all the heavy lifting anyway.

I'm using Splash Plate just because I think Life Orb isn't worth it. I think the recoil would change some 3HKOs against me into 2HKOs based on what I've been experiencing, and that issue is compounded by my low Speed. I've considered Choice Band, but I like being able to switch moves. Maybe I'll give it a test to see if it would effect me too much...

No matter what item I use though, Azumarill is still far from perfect. It is very slow, and it isn't even that bulky. 100/80/80 defences may seem great on paper, but you have to be careful just what you switch it in on. If you aren't careful, Azumarill can take a ton of damage on the switch, and then it has to take ANOTHER hit to kill what you switched it in on. Even if you win, you now have a near dead Azumarill that is too slow to use anything beside Aqua Jet.

--------------------------------------

So yeah it's just a Dragon/Steel/Water team. I'm still getting a feel for how I should react in certain situations so I tend to make mistakes, but I'm hoping to get to at least 100 wins with this or something similar. Probably the biggest issue with this team is that it isn't particularly hax-proof. I hear people bitch in this thread about some ridiculous hax that ruined their streaks, but even just one RNG role in the Maison's favour can lead to a loss for my team. It's pretty depressing to lose to Confuse Ray Vespiquen! I'm gonna keep at it though, and even if it doesn't work out I get all of those battle points for spend so I have nothing to lose.

Good luck to everyone else with their streaks!

First post, hello everyone.

I had my heart broken getting my Super Singles streak cut off at 74 : AEPW-WWWW-WWW2-UVRC
(Team was:
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb / evs into def, spe / Protect, Substitute, Toxic, Earthquake
Volcarona @ Lum Berry / evs into spa, spe / Quiver Dance, Bug Buzz, Fiery Dance, Psychic (coverage)
Aegislash @ Leftovers / evs into hp, atk / Shadow Sneak, Sacred Sword, Swords Dance, King's Shield
...so basically bulky OU Gliscor PP stall.)

So now I'm trying out a TruAnt team, determined to spite the evil evil AI and win a Starf Berry for a change. Right now I'm trying a Liepard/Durant/Drapion combo, but it's not working out too well-- I was once walled by a Barrier Glaceon (-_-) and surprised a couple times by Baton Pass users. I'm thinking of switching over to a two-pronged strategy a la OZodiac with Mega Gengar or something.

Anyway nice to finally post and meet you all after months of lurking. Happy battling...

Hello!

I dont understand what happens with enterteinment truant durant, is that easy to do high streaks whit him? Why so? I've never eared about it because i am really new at competitive.

I am trying multi now with AI partner, she has typhlosion and probopass who really sucks with explosion (i lost a 32 streaks when he was the only remaining and used explosion). I have partners with entei, suicune, terrakioon and many other legendaries. Maybe I'll try them later if I dont get the trophy with, typhlosion...

Good to see you are still around in these kind of threads atsync.
mumuslav has been added to the super single records list.
Jmckernan has been added to the super triple records list.

Surfi, If you Entrainment the AI's Pokémon it will only attack / move once every 2 turns.
The user will protect on the turn it attacks, and set-up on the turn it's Truant ability activates.
It is barely breakable if played right.

Cool! Not that I expect to stay on the list for long :P.

I'd try and find a special mon to use as backup since you lost to WoW spam last time. Something that doesn't mind ghosts like Hydreigon or Houndoom, maybe.

Also, it seems that any non-box or event legendary can appear in the Maison. In addition to what you've listed, I've encountered the Regirock, Regice, and Registeel. Unsure if Regigigas is present, and also unsure about the pixies' presence. All other base-600 non-event legends besides Zygarde are fair game though.
Confirming Regigigas- I faced one in Super Singles.

On the whole, I think the pool of Battle Maison Pokemon includes last gen's Battle Subway Pokemon as a subset. I've tried referencing the Smogon list for Battle Subway and found a match for all pre-Gen6 pokes so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
R Inanimate stated earlier that ~80% of the Battle Subway list makes a return in the Battle Maison.
However,

- all Gems were removed and replaced for other items.
- some moveset changes because of typing changes.

There are also a bunch of other mons who now use other items then they did in the Subway.
I will add the Smogon list for Battle Subway in the OP until we have a complete list of the Maison one.

Oh! Thank you Eppie! I didnt know about that.
Anyway, is there any form to proof that a streak hasn't been done with durant? I mean, if I do a streak of 450 e.g. and I only proof it with a photo of the girl saying my current and best streak, I can say that it has been achieved with a non Entrainment team and you could just trust it. The vid isn't much better because I can pause my streak with durant at 449, do a battle with another mons, save the vid and continue with durant again (if I won).
My english is not very good but I think you can understand what I mean.
I am not going to use Durant myself, I would like to get the trophies and a high streak with my only 6 IV and EV trained mons, and dont really care about the records ranking because I am not good enough to compete in that way. Just wanted to mention that because I think that the idea of separated rankings can be easily cheated, dont you?

Suspicious teams / records / members will be asked to provide extra proof, as we have always done in these kind of threads.
Besides, there is no honor in cheating your way through the records list.

The fact that hacking Pokémon is pretty much impossible at this point, and that I do not believe players exist who would actually do that, I do not see this becoming an issue as the records list grows.

http://imgur.com/tEox90A

Image of the lady saying I got a 106 streak.

Used a team consisting of:

Kangaskhan@Kangaskhanite
31/31/31/xx/??/31, 252 atk-252 spe-4 hp
Jolly, Scrappy-≥Parental bond

Sucker Punch
Crunch
Earthquake
Return

Most of the battles Khan would plainly take out everyone of the pokes. Any that crunch/eq wasnt SE against I would easily take out with return. Crunched any ghosts due to WoW fear which ultimately cost me the 107th battle due to losing Khan to a destiny bond Froslass.

Aegislash@leftovers
31/31/??/xx/31/31, 252 hp- 252 atk-4 spe
Adamant, Stance change

Kings shield
Swords dance
Shadow sneak
Sacred sword

This was my answer to fighting mons. I switched him in whenever I saw a fighting attack coming and even if the opponent packed eq or other SE moves I was always able to setup 1 sd, most of the times even 3. With 3 sd up I could just SS about any upcoming mon. Ultimately a WoW+hax cofagrigus 1shot in shield stance while I was getting cocky with SD.

Azumarill@choice band
31/31/31/xx/31/31, 252 hp-252 atk-4 spe
Adamant, huge power

Aqua jet
Play rough
Bulldoze
Superpower

All I ever needed to do was use aqua jet/play rough with this powerhose. All the bulky mons that packed fighting+eq I would use azumarill against. After the initial switch to aegis to be immune to fighting, I scouted for eq with kings shield. If they packed eq, I switched to azu to play rough with fighting, and aqua jet bulky ground/rock mons. Against any armaldo I would just swtch to azu to soak up the incoming superpower if kanga was up, or eq if aegis was in battle. In the final battle I managed to miss click aqua jet instead of play rough that could have saved me, with instead an aqua jet doing 1/5-1/4 of the dmg. If I had predicted better in that final battle I would have had a much better streak due to always beating most 3-0 or 2-0, with an occasional 1-0 due to mistakes/misprediction.

Next time i may try with a gengar instead of aegis, so will see. Prob winnning doubles/triples/rotation/multi before attempting a 200 non-truAnt streak

Just beat the Super Triples Boss! WOOOOOOOO.

Battle here: AJYG-WWWW-WWW2-VHNK

And so... I am now a proud member of the "Got all trophies" team! :D

I'm actually surprised I got through the whole Super triples run in one try with my team, it didn't really have much synergy and some of my mons were quite slow.

Shino (Kangaskhan/F) @ Kangaskhanite (Center)
Scrappy/Parental Bond
Jolly Nature
IVs: 31/31/31/x/?/31
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
-Fake Out
-Sucker Punch
-Return
-Rock Slide

I tried going through the run with Megazard X, but dropped him at around 20ish to go back to this momma. She owns. STAB Return wrecks everything. Fake Out was great to allow my other mons to set up/KO a priority target without taking damage back. Rock Slide was used over Earthquake because the lack of Ground immunity on my team, and if she got burned (which was often because DAMN YOU CHANDELURE) Rock slide still had a nifty chance to flinch everyone on the opposing team.

A.B.A. (Klefki/F) @ Light Clay (Right)
Prankster
Bold Nature
IVs: 31/x/31/x/31/31
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
-Foul Play
-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Thunder Wave

Was gonna say MKangaskhan was MVP, but thinking about it, this thing was definitely MVP. Start of match, set up screens. After that, Thunder Wave the hell out of dangerous targets. Otherwise, Foul Play everything it could reach. Without this girl my team would not have been able to survive many attacks.

Hime (Mienshao/F) @ Choice Scarf (Left)
Regenerator
Jolly Nature
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
-HJK
-U-Turn
-Stone Edge
-Knock Off

The amount of times this girl gave me heart attack are too many to count. Every time I pressed HJK it was like Russian Roulette. Still, I can't say no to one of my favorite Pokemon, and she actually was quite useful. HJK wrecked any targets weak to it. Otherwise, she U-Turned out if any Psychics were there, and Knock Off was a surprisingly great move for enemy Ghosts or for crippling the annoying stallers the BM seems so fond of. The problem is that even with screens up she usually goes down in one hit to any SE attack, but if I played smart that wasn't a problem. Choice Scarf was useful to get the drop on many priority targets.

Harbinger (Gyarados/F) @ Lum Berry
Intimidate
Jolly Nature
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
-Protect
-Waterfall
-Dragon Dance
-Stone Edge

If I smelled Fighting attacks aimed at MKangaskhan, this girl came out to Intimidate and to set up DDs behind screens. Overall, nothing too special. She DD'd and did damage. Protect was there to stall out obvious Electric attacks aimed at it.

Misery (Dragalge/F) @ Black Sludge
Poison Point
Modest Nature
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/?
EVs: 252 HP/252 SpA/4 SpD
-Sludge Bomb
-Draco Meteor
-Scald
-Thunderbolt

Slow as hell, but surprisingly effective. The coverage master. Bulky enough to take hits behind screens, and always had a move for any enemy. Sludge Bomb was used over Sludge Wave because SW is like Surf and I didn't have a lot of mons immune to Poison. I thought about replacing Draco Meteor with Ice Beam, but that proved to be unnecessary as DM proved invaluable to nuke the hell out of troublesome targets. Also it pleased me to use my favorite mon in 6th Gen to relative effectiveness. Now if only Adaptability was released...

Lux (Clefable/F) @ Life Orb
Magic Guard
Modest Nature
IVs: 31/x/31/31/?/31
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SpA
-Moonblast
-Flamethrower
-Psychic
-Moonlight

The Special nuker. Magic Guard + Life Orb = dead enemies. Not really much else to say about her, other than she did her job effectively. Still somewhat frail behind screens, but the power makes up for it.

Overall, the interesting team I had gave me some fun battles. Lots of rage at missed HJKs, criticals, and other hax, but dual screen support really was invaluable to bounce back from unexpected losses. I had trouble with area ground attacks like Earthquake and Bulldoze, but it was manageable if I recognized the threats early and worked to neutralize them fast. Also, male Attract mons were annoying as hell, seeing as all my team were female, but since it's Triples if one mon gets attracted, another one of my mons takes the enemy out and it's no problem.

As for the boss herself, nothing too hard. With screens up and Rock slide (seeing as more than half of her team was weak to Rock) she went down without much fuss. Was a bit worried about Rock Polish Registeel and Thunder Wave spam from Regice, but they were pretty underwhelming.

Now, I kinda want to see how far I can get in Super Rotation Battles, seeing as no one is trying to go past 50 right now...
Edit: That is, of course, if my sanity can take it. Damn Rotation Battles!!!!

Double Edit: Almost lost my streak of Super Rotations thanks to a goddamn Fissure/Sheer Cold/Rest/Sleep talk Walrein. It must have Brightpowder or something, my Gyarados missed like 5 times in a row with Stone Miss. Or I'm just that unlucky. Luckily, Fissure missed against my MKangaskhan (last mon left) and I killed it with Return. Goddamn OHKO moves...

Triple Edit: Still going strong at a streak of 85+ in Super Rotations. Ironically, I'm having a much easier time after 50+ than before 50 for some reason. I think it's the addition of Klefki to my team. That, and the lack of Chandelures.

Last edited:
Hi, I am looking for help with making a team for the Super Singles. I have 1 Pokemon so far, which I want to base the team around, and I also would like some help with giving it a good moveset.

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Scrappy->Parental Bond
Jolly Nature
IVs: 31/31/31/x/28-29/31
-Return
-Sucker Punch
-Power-Up Punch
-Earthquake

Pretty standard Mega-Kangaskhan. I was wondering if it would be any good to replace something with Fake Out (Maybe EQ?).

Now, for the 2 other teammates, a Ghost-type seems to be a reasonable choice for one, due to being able to switch into Fighting-types that may threaten Mega-K. I was thinking of Aegislash or Gengar. Aegislash is way over-used, I know. But I'd be using this team mainly to farm BP, so I believe it would do well. But it seems like it's pain in the neck to breed a good one due to the 0 Speed IV. Gengar could be good, as it gives the team both a Fighting immunity and a special-attacker. Or I could ditch the ghosts and go for a Gliscor with something standard like Sub/Protect/Toxic/EQ.

For the last teammate, I have no clue. Please help! By the way, I'm sorry for having no Idea what I'm talking about. I'm just getting into the competitive/breeding stuff.

If you by MK mean Mega Kanga I got a team for you, took me to a 106 streak. Took it from Daega around page 8

Kangaskhan@Kangaskhanite
Jolly, 252 atk-252spe-4hp
Scrappy->Parental bond

Sucker Punch
Crunch
Earthquake
Return/dizzy punch(depending on max happiness or not)

Aegislash@leftovers
Adamant, 252 atk-252 hp - 4 def/spd/spe
Stance Change

Kings Shield
Swords dance
Shadow Sneak
Sacred Sword

Azumarill@Choice band
Adamant, 252 hp-252 atk-4 def/spd/spe
Huge Power

Aqua Jet
Play Rough
Super Power
Waterfall/Bulldoze

It is weak to burn, so may be better with a gengar if going for higher streaks instead of aegis. Or with Rotom-w instead of azu, but the prio aqua jet saved me lots of times. GL in your progress at Maison

Edit: Sorry for double post, cant find out how to delete one of the posts and edit the other :P
Should I try to match my two 31 IVs with the stats I am going to EV train? (i.e. MK with 31 IVs in Speed and Attack)

UGH. Just lost at #107 in Super Rotation. Horrible misplay on my part, I should have just kept attacking instead of boosting and getting phazed by Skarmory, and then letting Gastrodon get to +6 using Curse. I was hoping he only had Earthquake as an attacking move... no dice. +6 Waterfall eventually killed my Gyarados behind Reflect, and MKangaskhan almost killed it. Was hoping for a crit or something, but that didn't happen. If only my Aegislash didn't get critted and died, I could have won by using Sacred Sword to kill that Gastrodon...

Also, I swear criticals happen more often now. Whenever I get screens up, there's at least one critical per battle, and also I get criticals a lot too with MKangaskhan (not when it matters, of course...).

Loss here: HPMW-WWWW-WWW3-W2KE

My team:

Shino (Kangaskhan/F) @ Kangaskhanite
Scrappy/Parental Bond
Jolly
IVs: 31/31/31/x/?/31
-Fake Out
-Sucker Punch
-Return
-Earthquake

I can't find any reason to use any other Mega in Rotation. I've tried all manner of Megas from MAmpharos, MBlastoise, MGyarados, Megazard X, MBlaziken... I just keep going back to MKangaskhan (unless it's in Singles, where I use MMawile). She hits like a truck and is super bulky to boot. 100 Speed may not seem impressive, but more often than not she outspeeds everything the BM throws out. I run Fake Out over PUP because I find the extra damage and the flinch allows me to get some mons in OHKO range without fearing any damage or setup on their end. Return hits so hard anyway that +2 doesn't seem necessary. Imperfect SpD IV means she gets hit harder than normal from Special attacks, but it's not that concerning.

Saber (Aegislash/M) @ Leftovers
Stance Change
Brave
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/x
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 SpD
-Sacred Sword
-Shadow Sneak
-Swords Dance
-King's Shield

IMO the perfect partner to MKangaskhan. Bulky, immune to Fighting, and can easily set up to +4 or +6 and sweep the enemy team. Mispredictions and criticals hurt, though, so you have to be careful not to use a +6 Shadow Sneak when the enemy rotates to, say, a Rhyperior, fail to OHKO it, and then get OHKO'd by Earthquake in return (like what happened to me once...). Leftovers increases survivability. I usually run Air Balloon because someone else on my team usually has Leftovers, but this team spread didn't have anyone, so it went to Aegislash.

A.B.A. (Klefki/F) @ Light Clay
Prankster
Bold
IVs: 31/x/31/x/31/31
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Thunder Wave
-Foul Play

The glue that holds this team together. Sets up screens, and then moves out to let MKangaskhan or Aegislash wreck the enemy team. Without screen support, MKangaskhan would be getting hit harder on mispredictions, and Aegislash wouldn't be able to easily set up to +6. Unlike in Triples, though, all it usually does is set up screens. I rarely had time to Thunder Wave or even Foul Play anything, and it usually died before being able to do that. All I had her do was set up screens, and rotate back in to set them up again if necessary.

Harbinger (Gyarados/F) @ Lum Berry
Intimidate
Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
-Earthquake
-Waterfall
-Dragon Dance
-Stone Edge

The dreaded 4th team slot. I could never choose a good 4th team member, because it seemed like they could never really replace any of my core 3. Gyarados wasn't as hard hitting as MKangaskhan if she bit it, and it also wasn't as bulky or had priority like Aegislash if he died. Bulky Grass types also give Gyarados trouble. Still, Intimidate is helpful, but it was just not as good as MKangaskhan or Aegislash.

I was surprised I got as far as I did, seeing the trouble I had before even trying to get to the Super Rotation boss for the first time. I'm a bit disappointed, though, that I keep using Mkangaskhan. I want to use different Megas, but they're all too frail or require too much setup. MKangaskhan just goes into battle and wrecks face without any fuss and can take a few hits without caring.

Congrats farranpoison on the five trophies! That collection looks beautiful.

Anyway, I had the idea of possibly using Hone Claws/Baton Pass to bypass accuracy/evasion hax, but the team isn't quite coming together in my mind. I'm too scarred by status moves and keep trying to avoid all of them... ;_;

Considering i almost only use play rough and aqua jet on my azumarill, how do you think a life orb rest-talk set would work for some regen?

Hey guys, just beaten the super triple battle Chatelaine with a team based around a random forgotten NU poke called Exploud !
Here's my team, the IVs and nature are not perfect but that's good enough.

Left lead :

Musharna @ Mental herb
Ability : Telepathy
EVs : 252 HP, 252 Def
Psychic
Trick Room
Helping hand
Moonlight

Center lead :

Exploud @ Normal gem
Ability : Scrappy
EVs : 252 HP, 252 SpA
BOOOOOOOOOMBURST !!!
Flamethrower
Surf
Protect

Right lead :

Klefki @ Sitrus berry
Ability : Prankster
EVs : 252 HP and the rest spread in SpD and Def
Play Rough
Reflect
Light screen
Safeguard

Back-up :

Clawitzer @ Life orb
Ability : Mega Launcher
EVs : 252 HP, 252 SpA
Water pulse
Dark pulse
Aura sphere
Heal pulse

Pangoro @ Wide lens (for not missing 90% accurate moves)
Ability : Iron fist
EVs : 252 HP, 252 Att
Hammer arm
Rock Slide
Crunch
Protect

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability : Snow warning
EVs : 252 Att, 252 SpA
Blizzard
Wood Hammer
Ice shard
Earthquake

During the first turn, if the opposite pokemon are fast, I use protect on Exploud and Trick room on Musharna then I spam Boomburst. If the pokes are slow, I spam Boomburst right away. Kelfki is there for screens and Safeguard which has been invaluable to prevent troll status like confusion, sleep or paralysis. The AI sometimes derps with Safeguard, it keeps using moves like Yawn or Teeter dance.
The other pokes are mainly for coverage against steel and rock type as well as mega Abomasnow, the best mega pokemon that can abuse trick room ;).
Here's the battle against the battle Chatelaine : BCSG-WWWW-WWW3-X8PZ
Boomburst spam didn't work well because of the Regis but Clawitzer and Pangoro took care of the job pretty easily. You can see the AI derping when setting up Rock Polish under Trick Room :D.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)