Battle Maison Discussion & Records

Hi all!

I am trying Super Multi battles but I cannot find a perfect partner. I run with MKangas as lead and second Gyarados (other times aegislash or gengar).
The ones of you that achieved the 50 streak which partner did you use?
I am trying with Entei and Heydragon now, seems to be a nice combination but seems that AI "detects" it and all my opponents are water and rock...
I have 100 friends on my list so i have a lot of combinations. What do you suggest me to go with MKangas and other?
Thank you!

Hi all!

I am trying Super Multi battles but I cannot find a perfect partner. I run with MKangas as lead and second Gyarados (other times aegislash or gengar).
The ones of you that achieved the 50 streak which partner did you use?
I am trying with Entei and Heydragon now, seems to be a nice combination but seems that AI "detects" it and all my opponents are water and rock...
I have 100 friends on my list so i have a lot of combinations. What do you suggest me to go with MKangas and other?
Thank you!
How the heck did you get Entei?

I think he means his partner is an Entei.

In any case, Surfi, it seems like many people have been having success with a Typhlosion partner, so perhaps try one of those?
Dope! *facepalm* Of course. That makes sense now.

Well good luck in Multis with an AI partner. They... suck hard. Usually. Last time I used MKangaskhan in Multis I had a partner with Choice Band Staraptor and Flygon, so I could use MKangakshan with Gyarados and spam Earthquake all dei.

Haha yes! One of my partners is Entei/heydreigon. It is very nice, I think better than the typhosion that I have already tried and did not like too much because the other pkmn was probopass and always uses explosion.
It seems that it's going to be hard to reach 50 streak with an AI partner... My record is 38 Entei/heydreigon and my MKangas and Azurill

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I was pretty fortunate to get the Multi Maison trophy with a partner that had:

952 | Raikou | Timid | Air Balloon | Thunderbolt | Volt Switch | Shadow Ball | Protect | Spd/SpA
632 | Nidoqueen | Modest | Black Sludge | Sludge Bomb | Earth Power | Flamethrower | Ice Beam | HP/SpA

as their two Pokemon. (Pressure, and Poison Point as abilities, sadly)
I used Mega Kangaskhan with a Scarf Togekiss in the back. Things go a lot smoother if you keep in mind AI tendencies, and play to aid your AI partner instead of expecting them to properly aid your side.

I am struggeling a bit with rotation battles, probably mostly due to not being used to the play mode. I have considered going for a sandstream team with t-tar assult vest, aegislash, m-Lucario and some special ground type, but im not sure if that would be effective in the long run, also due to the 5 turn limit to sandstorm.

Lost 1st super rotation at around 35 due to bad play from my side.

Kangaskhan@Kangaskhanite
Jolly, 31/31/31/xx/??/31, 252 atk - 252 spe - 4hp
Scrappy --> Parental Bond

Crunch
Sucker Punch
Earthquake
Return

Aegislash@Leftovers
Adamant, 31/31/??/xx/31/31, 252 hp - 252 atk - 4 spe
Stance Change

Kings Shield
Swords Dance
Shadow Sneak
Sacred sword

Azumarill@Life ord
Adamant, 31/31/31/xx/31/31, 252 hp - 252 atk - 4 spe
Huge power

Aqua Jet
Play Rough
Rest
Sleep Talk

Greninja@Choice Specs
Timid, 31/xx/31/31/31/31, 252 S.Atk - 252 spe - 4 hp
Protean

Ice Beam
Surf
Exorcensory
Grass Knot

I know keeping 2 electric weak pokemon wasn't the best choice and I considered going for Rotom-W instead of Greninja, but due to the great coverage of Greninja I kept him in. It was what ultimately fell me due to opposing electric types.

I know I need to balance the team better and any suggestion would be really welcome to be able to get to 50+ super rotation streak. I have considered Gengar instead of Aegis, and Scizor instead of Greninja for the coverage and ability to setup if needed. Having isssue with what moves to pick for Gengar though to secre coverage.

These are the ones I was thinking about switching in:

Gengar@Focus Sash
Timid, 31/xx/31/31/31/31, 252 S.Atk - 252 Spe - 4 hp
Levitate

Shadow ball/hex
Thunderbolt
Dazzling Gleam
Destiny Bond

Scizor@life orb/choice band (whatever I don't decide to use on Azu)
Adamant, 31/31/31/xx/31/31, 252 atk - 252 hp - 4 spe
Technician

Bullet Punch
X-Scissor
Brick break/Aerial ace
Night Slash

So what do you think? Also prob going with fake-out on Kanga instead of crunch.

Edit: Gengar moveset, tbolt+dazzling+ghost type for 100% neutral coverage
2nd Edit: Scizor moveset

Last edited:
Hey everyone, just a Super Multi question.

Is it true that your boss fight for Super Multi is the other 2 Chatelaines u have not fought in Multi battle #20?

For example, if you fought Evelyn and Morgan in Multi Battle #20 as a boss fight, your final opponents would be Nita and Dana?

Thanks for any constructive replies in advance!

I have added R Inanimate to the Super Triples Records list.
Despite being an unfinished streak, I think being the first Smogonite ever to reach 1000+ wins in a mode other than Super Singles deserves recognition in the OP.
Besides, hey may not post about the streak again until he reaches 2000, or loses.

How are your thoughts about Pokébank coming closer and closer folks?
Are there some Pokémon out there wich whe do not have access to until December 25th that you would really like to use?

I myself think Whimsicott will see some action. Being one of the best cripplers for Singles streaks, and not to mention Encore + Beat Up is now a legal combination.
The latter may encourage people to run Terracott (Terrakion + Beat Up Whimsicott) once again in Super Doubles.

Last edited:
Bugbite+superpower scizor I find myself longing for. Also just all the old mons that have been with me for a long time :-)

Would this team work in the battle maison cobalion,azelf,tyranitar,salamence,vaporeon and thundurus i dont know ther ev or iv i just want to know if this team can work

Currently at ~30 in the super rotations Subway with a Team of Mega Kangaskhan / Aegislash / Clefable / Garchomp. Everything's going smooth so far, save when the AI decides to start outright cheating and predict my Pokemon rotations perfectly. I had a Wish passing Togekiss over Clefable initially, but I was starting to really want Aromatherapy support so Mega Kangaskhan could set up Power-Up punches without worrying about status. Wish passing is amazing in rotations if you're not familiar with it already and I can only imagine how stellar screens must be after a few of you have used them. I guess I'll try throwing out Garchomp for some screen support or giving Clefable dual screens and try them out for myself.

One mon I can't wait to use in the BM once Pokebank is out is Latias.

Levitate, great bulk, a special attacker, good typing...

Methinks she will be a fine addition to any BM team I try.

Eppie, could you post the spreadsheet of the bosses in the OP? Would be lovely :-) cant remember name of the poster, but its at the bottom of page 16

Also, at super rotation boss now, just making final preps to take her down 1st try

Edit: Argh, cant decide if im gonna go with current team or make some switches
I fear for Kangaskhan, with 3/4 packing SE sacred sword, and I cant use any dark type moves risking a justified boost.

Current team is M-Kanga, SB Scizor, Sash Gengar and LO Greninja. I am considering switching M-kanga for M-Chomp due to his amazing defence and not being week to any of the bosses 'mons except Latias.

Last edited:
One mon I can't wait to use in the BM once Pokebank is out is Latias.

Levitate, great bulk, a special attacker, good typing...

Methinks she will be a fine addition to any BM team I try.
What about the rumored MEGA-LATIAS? :) That is a terrifying thought. And people keep going on about WoW Ghosts being a pain, so why not use Scarf Chandelure (or a regular one with Sticky Web support) to troll them? +1 Flamethrower/Fire Blast off of THAT Special attack? (and the AI never remembers flash fire is a thing).

What about the rumored MEGA-LATIAS? :) That is a terrifying thought. And people keep going on about WoW Ghosts being a pain, so why not use Scarf Chandelure (or a regular one with Sticky Web support) to troll them? +1 Flamethrower/Fire Blast off of THAT Special attack? (and the AI never remembers flash fire is a thing).
Scarfmons, unless they're bulky too like Garchomp, are not really a good idea in the BM because you're required to switch often and that lets the opponent set up, sometimes with devastating results.

And about Mega Latias, I'm not going to go crazy over a very suspicious picture and rumors. If it is released, I'll think about it then, but since there is no confirmation, I don't really care lol.

Scarfmons, unless they're bulky too like Garchomp, are not really a good idea in the BM because you're required to switch often and that lets the opponent set up, sometimes with devastating results.

And about Mega Latias, I'm not going to go crazy over a very suspicious picture and rumors. If it is released, I'll think about it then, but since there is no confirmation, I don't really care lol.
Fail on my end XD. But I did mention Sticky Web as a thing. Is it good/bad/whatever in the Maison? I mean, it makes slower things better (notably MKanga doesn't need Sucker Punch as much) and Galv is a decent lead (it doesn't care about Intimidate and Thunder hurts). It will only get better once Pokebank is out and Giga Drain is a thing (though the buffed Energy ball has its perks).

EDIT: Also wanted to say that all pokes in the Maison have randomized abilities. Played twice with the same partner and had at first a Cute Charm then Pixilate Sylveon.

Fail on my end XD. But I did mention Sticky Web as a thing. Is it good/bad/whatever in the Maison? I mean, it makes slower things better (notably MKanga doesn't need Sucker Punch as much) and Galv is a decent lead (it doesn't care about Intimidate and Thunder hurts). It will only get better once Pokebank is out and Giga Drain is a thing (though the buffed Energy ball has its perks).
Because the BM is a 3v3 thing (if you're singles), Sticky web often is unnecessary because you're only going to slow down the next two mons, which isn't worth the potential loss of your lead. Or think about it like this:

You send out Galvantula, the opponent sends out, say, a Darmanitan.

You can send out Sticky web, but die to Flare Blitz, or if you have Focus Sash, maybe dent it with Thunder before dying. Now you're down one mon.

You can switch out to a Fire counter, but then you miss your chance to use Sticky web.

Or you can get lucky and KO that Darmanitan after it has failed to OHKO you, and now Sticky web was pointless because you're up 3-2 and you have 1 HP left.

OR you can lay Sticky Web, and find out the last two mons the enemy has are Flying/Levitate, rendering the setting of Sticky Web pointless.

Someone can prove me wrong, but IMO it isn't worth it. Sticky Web is much better in 6v6 because of the number of mons it can affect. 3v3 is too short for Sticky Web.

It's even more useless in the other formats. I remember times where one of the enemy mons in a Super Rotation battle was a Spikes/Stealth Rock Forretress, and I completely ignored it because all of my mons save one were already on the field and didn't care about entry hazards. Or the time where I was in a doubles match and ignored a Spikes spamming mon because I was on my last two mons and no one gives a crap about entry hazards then.

Beat the super rotation boss, but just barely :D Got her virizion out rather and then KO'd her terrakion with megachomps EQ. Sacreficed Sash Gengar to take out her latias with destiny bond, and with a surf from LO greninja I did 70% of coballions health before he healed with sitrus and KO'd greninja. In the end I was with a choice locked Scizor in x-scissor and a low health Mega chomp. I took out her coballion with 2x x-scissor, begging that she shouldnt KO me back with a crit, else Chomp would have been outspeed once scizor went down :D

In the excitement I forgot to save the vid, so no epic replay of it :/

Edit: Damn it..lost 53rd battle in super rotation due to some mad dodging blissey with minimize+mub bomb. Tried to sacrefice gengar to take it down, but he switched to his metagross to hit me. Really should have seen it coming and instead KO'd meta with shadow ball, but didnt think straight.. Well, on to doubles/triples/multi for the trophies, doubt ill set foot in rotation again :P Some mad cheating there from the AI's side

Last edited:
Congrats Fierza! I'm trying multis again and again and never get my goal... Currently on 30th battle, I will try to reach super boss, if not, nothing till tomorrow, I'm a little bit irritated with the AI in the maison... I am scared to try rotation battles. At least, I got Super Singles trophy in my first try...

Hi, I am looking for help with making a team for the Super Singles. I have 1 Pokemon so far, which I want to base the team around, and I also would like some help with giving it a good moveset.

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Scrappy->Parental Bond
Jolly Nature
IVs: 31/31/31/x/28-29/31
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
-Return
-Sucker Punch
-Power-Up Punch
-Earthquake

Pretty standard Mega-Kangaskhan. I was wondering if it would be any good to replace something with Fake Out (Maybe EQ?).

Now, for the 2 other teammates, a Ghost-type seems to be a reasonable choice for one, due to being able to switch into Fighting-types that may threaten Mega-K. I was thinking of Aegislash or Gengar. Aegislash is way over-used, I know. But I'd be using this team mainly to farm BP, so I believe it would do well. But it seems like it's pain in the neck to breed a good one due to the 0 Speed IV. Gengar could be good, as it gives the team both a Fighting immunity and a special-attacker. Or I could ditch the ghosts and go for a Gliscor with something standard like Sub/Protect/Toxic/EQ.

For the last teammate, I have no clue. Please help! By the way, I'm sorry for having no Idea what I'm talking about. I'm just getting into the competitive/breeding stuff.
I have some experience here as I've been using almost an identical Kangaskhan as a lead, except I switch the HP and Atk EVs. I find the extra bulk has been helpful in surviving certain attacks and your attack can be boosted anyway, but I could see the attack investment working out as well. The moveset is pretty much perfect, I believe the coverage you get from EQ greatly outweighs the small amount of damage from Fake Out.

The teammates are still something I'm testing out, I've settled on Slowbro + Volcarona for now. The ghost partner is an interesting idea, although make sure the 3rd teammate can handle Levitating ghosts like Gengar and Mismagius, which can give Kangaskhan a headache while also hitting other ghosts hard. Aegislash + a decent special wall like Goodra seems like it would be fun to try out.

Last edited:
Congrats Fierza! I'm trying multis again and again and never get my goal... Currently on 30th battle, I will try to reach super boss, if not, nothing till tomorrow, I'm a little bit irritated with the AI in the maison... I am scared to try rotation battles. At least, I got Super Singles trophy in my first try...
Thanks :D Ye, multis and rotation I will believe is the worst modes from my exp, atleast with a AI partner. You expect him to use some attack, and he uses what you least want. Also, aint helping if your AI partners got crappy 'mons. Made it on 2nd try on rotation :D

Thanks :D Ye, multis and rotation I will believe is the worst modes from my exp, atleast with a AI partner. You expect him to use some attack, and he uses what you least want. Also, aint helping if your AI partners got crappy 'mons. Made it on 2nd try on rotation :D
GJ on rotations, that mode can be a real pain. I didnt get to the boss myself until about 12 tries later. Ironically, the boss was super easy compared to some of the trainers I fought getting there.

Currently at a streak of 30 in super singles with this team.

Garchomp @ Choice band
Nickname HAMMERHEAD
IVs:31/31/31/x/31/31
EVs:252 speed 252 attack 4 hp
nature jolly ability rough skin
moves
EQ
Outrage
Dragon Claw
Iron Head

I love this shark my all time favorite dragon type! he is still a beast in 6th gen all though less so because fairy types but oh well.
he is my lead its fast and strong. however I only stay in if I am not in danger of getting OHKOed. It is super funny to watch physical sashers die from rough skin.
Shout out to Eppie for trading me this poke!

Charizard @ charizardite y
Nickname SilversDragn
IVs:x/x/x/27/31/31
EVs: 252 in speed/sp.atk 4 hp
nature timid ability blaze(drought)
moves
air slash
solar beam
focus blast
flamethrower

this guy is all about STAB boosted flamethrower and 1 turn solar beams! the other moves are mainly filler.

Aegislash @ leftovers
IVs:31/31/31/x/31/31
EVs: 252 attack/hp 4 def
nature adamant ability stance change
moves
sacred sword
swords dance
shadow sneak
kings shield

this is great switch in for chomp or zard and it gets to set up in shield form which is so great. leftovers heals off most hits in 1 or 2 turns!

so far I have not been in risk of losing and as long as I play smart I hope for a nice streak.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)