Battle Maison Discussion & Records

Thanks for the advice. I didn't have enough BP for Focus Sash at that time, so my Galvantula was holding Scope Lens instead. Otherwise, I would have T-waved.

After that loss, I played through regular Doubles to earn enough BP for Focus Sash.

Then I tried Super Singles again. Instead of Bronzong (which I don't have), I replaced Mega Aggron with Mold Breaker Excadrill.

Now my team is Galvantula (Sticky Web and T-wave w/ Focus Sash) / Clawitzer (Standard sp. attacker) / Excadrill (Bulky Sub-SD Sweeper).

Worked a lot better. Somehow managed to get to 49 Battles. Going to fight the 50th Battle next.

After looking at the Chatelaine's Pokemon, I'm worried that my team won't make it.

So, should I switch my Pokemon or just go with what I have now?

Thanks again!
I think I would have used M-Blastoise instead of clawitzer due to better natural bulk and ability to use 252 spatk and speed while keeping the bulk

Edit: M-Blastoise have better base stats in every single stat compared to Clawitzer. You can also run 252 spatk + 252hp/speed depending on what you want, speed or bulk

Last edited:
So, should I switch my Pokemon or just go with what I have now?

Thanks again!
No prob!

Maybe you can switch to a good counter since her team is predictable.

After that you can go back to your usual team.

edit: Now that I think of it, stealth rock user (this would probably be sash or life orb Mamoswine with Ice Shard) + Scarfed greninja sounds great on paper against them.

Last edited:
I only have Multi left to do before I've got all the Trophies, but I'm having some problems with my team. I'm not sure what to use for my second member. I've tried a few different things that haven't worked out, so I'm hoping someone can give me some advice.

AI's Team:
Gallade @ Scope Lens
Ability: Steadfast
-Psycho Cut
-Stone Edge
-Night Slash
-X-Scissor

Typhlosion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
- Eruption
- Focus Blast
- Heat Wave
- Extrasensory (Only seen it use this once. Every other time it's Eruption, even when the opponent has a Fire-type with Flash Fire.)

My Team:
Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Modest Nature
-Heat Wave
-Dragon Pulse
-Solar Beam
-Protect (Thinking about replacing this since I rarely use it.)

The team really depends on using Sun to power up Typhlosion's Eruption because it'll take out pretty much everything by itself. My main problems are other weather users, and Pokemon with Flash Fire because the AI is too dumb to use something besides Eruption against them, even when both Pokemon resist Fire. I'd really like suggestions for a second Pokemon for my team. I'm thinking another Physical Attacker would be best, but I'm not sure what.

I only have Multi left to do before I've got all the Trophies, but I'm having some problems with my team. I'm not sure what to use for my second member. I've tried a few different things that haven't worked out, so I'm hoping someone can give me some advice.

AI's Team:
Gallade @ Scope Lens
Ability: Steadfast
-Psycho Cut
-Stone Edge
-Night Slash
-X-Scissor

Typhlosion @ Choice Scarf
- Eruption
- Focus Blast
- Heat Wave
- Extrasensory (Only seen it use this once. Every other time it's Eruption, even when the opponent has a Fire-type with Flash Fire.)

My Team:
Ability: Drought
Modest Nature
-Heat Wave
-Dragon Pulse
-Solar Beam
-Protect (Thinking about replacing this since I rarely use it.)

The team really depends on using Sun to power up Typhlosion's Eruption because it'll take out pretty much everything by itself. My main problems are other weather users, and Pokemon with Flash Fire because the AI is too dumb to use something besides Eruption against them, even when both Pokemon resist Fire. I'd really like suggestions for a second Pokemon for my team. I'm thinking another Physical Attacker would be best, but I'm not sure what.
A Hydreigon with Earth Power(pokebank egg move) could be useful to take out those flash fire pokés, with other moves being Dragon Pulse/Draco meteor, dark pulse and some filler attack

A Hydreigon with Earth Power(pokebank egg move) could be useful to take out those flash fire pokés, with other moves being Dragon Pulse/Draco meteor, dark pulse and some filler attack
Thanks! I'll see if I can find someone who has one. (Pokebank not being out is a HUGE pain!)

Now's as good of a time as any for me to post my streak, since I have (barely) made the list with a streak of 71 in Super Multi Battles. My partner was an AI player. I got 100 friends in the Friend Safari to get the medal on the Global Link, so I had a lot to choose from. I chose the best team and raised Pokemon that worked well with them.

Ally's team:

Staraptor @ Choice Band (lead)
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: Atk/Speed
Mild Nature :\
- Close Combat
- Brave Bird
- U-Turn
- Giga Impact

Typhlosion @ Choice Scarf (back-up)
EVs: SpAtk/Speed
Modest Nature
- Eruption
- Focus Blast
- Heat Wave
- Extrasensory

So I wanted something that complemented those two well. Raptor hits like a truck, but it obviously can't do that if an AI mon kills it, so Fake Out seemed like a good option. I stumbled upon Scrafty and thought its Dark type would help take out Ghosts for times when Staraptor is locked into Close Combat. Double Intimidate is sexy too. Here's what I came up with

Scrafty @ Lum Berry (lead)
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 76 HP/252 Atk/180 Speed
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Crunch
- Ice Punch

Fake Out is obvious; Crunch is Scrafty's best Dark-type move in this setting. High Jump Kick because my goal is to kill as much as possible before the back-ups come in. 180 speed lets Scrafty hit 101 speed at level 50, which outspeeds uninvested neutral-natured base 80s (which are plentiful). Ice Punch is sort of filler, but the ability to do heavy damage to Garchomp, Salamence, and Dragonite is very valuable. 252 Atk because it needs all it can get (base 90 isn't very good); the rest is dumped in HP. Lum Berry is awesome; it's amazing how often the AI targets Scrafty (and not the far more threatening Staraptor) with Will-O-Wisp or Thunder Wave. I also have to point out how amazingly well Scrafty's typing works with Charizard's. I switched Charizard into Fairy moves often, and it could take Fighting-type moves in a pinch as well.

Ability: Blaze -> Drought
EVs: 4 HP/252 Sp.Atk/252 Speed
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Dragon Pulse

You'll notice I run the terrible Focus Miss over the not-so-terrible Heat Wave. Honestly, I never found myself using Heat Wave; Typhlosion's Eruption is plenty, and usually if Charizard's power is needed, it's for a single target, not both of them. I removed Head Wave for Focus Blast after running into Heatran like four times in my first attempt. I lost one battle when MegaZard Y was all I had left against Heatran, even though Heatran's Overheat missed TWICE. I took that as a sign to add Focus Blast, and I don't regret it. I almost never use it, and when I do, it's generally against a relatively bulky Flash Fire Pokemon. So I would use it on Arcanine, but on Houndoom, I'd just use Dragon Pulse instead. Other moves are pretty self-explanatory; Solar Beam for Water- and Rock-types, Dragon Pulse for Dragons (it's good to have a super-effective move on Kingdra).

The team worked well; I could generally use Fake Out to incapacitate a threatening/faster Pokemon and rely on Staraptor to kill something. You would think a team with three Rock-weak Pokemon would struggle against Rock-types a lot, but it generally didn't. Rock-types are generally slow, with the exceptions of Aerodactyl and Archeops, who I would target with Fake Out. The fact that Rock Slide is a spread move (weakening its power) and that I have two Intimidate users makes a big difference. Clear Body Regirock is a terrible Pokemon to face if the other Pokemon is dangerous; I lost one time because the AI's two leads were Clear Body Regirock and Focus Sash Garchomp (ugh). The inability to predict who the AI would target with Staraptor could be a pain, as was the tendency to use Giga Impact when Brave Bird would have done the job just as well. That said, the AI's tendency to use "bad" moves didn't always work out badly; against Nita and Morgan, it targeted Landorus with Giga Impact (rather than Virizion with Brave Bird), but Virizion was an easy target for Charizard and Typhlosion.

Overall, I actually had a lot of fun with this. I just wanted to get the trophy (I think it was my third try when I finally did so), but it was cool to keep going a little longer and get over 70. I don't know how people were able to do well with ZardY/Scarf Eruption Typhlosion (or Entei) leads, since it seems like Flash Fire/bulky Fire resists/Aerodactyl/Archeops would mess you up (I ran into a lot of those). But hey, more power to 'em.

SensoryFour, you may want to try leading with something other than Charizard like I did; I found it easier to use Typhlosion and MegaZardY as cleaners than sweepers. You could use a Scrafty set like I did, or you could try something that just has a lot of speed and power (Scarf Staraptor, Specs Latios, Band Terrakion, Life Orb Starmie/Greninja, that sort of thing). Come to think of it, I kind of like the Greninja idea. It can hit threatening Flying-types with Ice Beam, hurts Ghosts with Dark Pulse, and can help give Gallade a turn to kill something by using Mat Block. You can also use it to hurt Fire-types with a Water move, but Surf will hurt your ally and Hydro Pump is inaccurate (though Wide Lens brings it up to 88, which might be good enough to get you to the Chatelaines if you don't rely on it too much). The fact that it's a special sweeper also means you're not so vulnerable to Intimidate. Latios is good for that reason too; it lacks a Water move that doesn't hurt your ally, but it's so strong it might not matter against a lot of targets. Good luck!

Loss video and information behind the Hide tag:

Video of my loss:
79NG-WWWW-WWW4-H2CC

I lost to Trick Room, because, well, this team is bad against Trick Room. Usually, I beat Trick Room by just killing stuff with my first two mons until it runs out or one of the AI players is out of mons. Even with bad speed match-ups, MegaZardY and Typhlosion can usually beat whatever mons they have left when it's two against one. The fact that MegaZardY is insanely strong helps. Sometimes I can just stall out Trick Room with smart switching and re-using Scrafty's Fake Out and Intimidate. This was just an awful matchup in general, though.

Turn 1: My opponents led with Charizard and Slowbro. I Fake Out Slowbro (because I KNOW it's going to Trick Room); Raptor uses Giga Impact against Charizard (see? Brave Bird would have worked just as well). Enemy Charizard faints; Slowbro flinches.

Turn 2: The opponent sends out Emboar, which I know is very, very bad, because it kills stuff in Trick Room and isn't weak to anything except Raptor's Brave Bird (and Raptor is about to die). I try to smack Slowbro with Crunch, but it's Emboar set 4 (the fast one) and it kills Scrafty with Focus Blast. Raptor recharges; Slowbro uses Trick Room.

Turn 3: My Charizard comes in; I know I need to take out that Slowbro so I can start hitting the AI's last mon with our remaining Pokemon. I mega-evolve, Slowbro uses Blizzard (misses Zard, hits Staraptor), Emboar KOs Staraptor with Focus Blast, and I KO Slowbro with Solar Beam.

Turn 4: Gothitellle comes in, which is pretty bad, since it's bulky enough to survive a ZardY Flamethrower. The AI double-targets Typhlosion with Psychic and Focus Blast; Typhlosion dies. I attack Gothitelle with Flamethrower; it's in the yellow.

Turn 5: AI uses Psychic on ZardY (91 HP left), sets up Substitute with Emboar (uh oh); ZardY KOs Gothitelle with Flamethrower.

Turn 6: Emboar uses Flamethrower (critical hit! 16 HP left); ZardY uses Flamethrower and breaks Emboar's Sub. Trick Room ends.

Turn 7: ZardY uses Focus Blast (what else am I supposed to do?). Heavy damage! Emboar's in the red! Salac Berry activates, Emboar KOs Zard with Flamethrower. Booo.

There were ways I could have won this match. If any one of Emboar's Focus Blasts against Staraptor had missed, it would have lived to (presumably) KO Emboar with Giga Impact. If its Focus Blast had missed against Typhlosion, Typhlosion would have KO'd Gothitelle and left another target for Emboar to attack. If I had switched Scrafty out against Emboar the first time, Scrafty would have been able to switch into Gothitelle's Psychic and hit Emboar with Fake Out. I also might have baited Emboar into using Scald against ZardY (since the sun wouldn't be up at the beginning of the turn), but it probably still would have gone for Staraptor. If the AI had used Brave Bird instead of Giga Impact, this match would have been a cakewalk. But then, that's what makes Super Multi Battles with an AI partner challenging; if they were with human players, the matches would be much easier, and it would be really easy to get good streaks.

Last edited:
Currently have a 125 win streak in BM with a Durant entrainment team, and while its obviously been working well it is definitely time consuming to say the least
Durant @ Choice Band (lead)
Ability: truant
EVs: def/Speed
Jolly Nature
- entrainment
- iron head
- x-scissor
- crunch
dragonite @ lum berry
Ability: multi-scale
EVs: attack/Speed
adamant Nature
- protect
- dragon dance
- fire punch
- dragon claw

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: scrappy
adamant Nature
- earthquake
- return
- power up punch
- crunch
will be posting my battle code whenever I finish my streak, but its just a basic Durant/entrainment team. My dragonite and kangaskhan have 5 IVs in everything but Special Atk, and my Durant has 4 IV (missing atk/special atk)... hopefully I can just get to 200 lol

Super Singles Streak: 196

Shuckle @ Chesto Berry
Sturdy, Careful
252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Spd
Stats: 127, 23, 282, 15, 275, 26
~Power Split
~Rollout
~Rest
~Acupressure

Almost every battle starts with Shuckle Power Splitting then after seeing the opponent’s first move I check its moveset and from there I decide what to do. Shuckle is completely blocked by taunters and Substitute, which is usually when I switch out to Gyarados. Shuckle is my most reliable Pokemon when set up so I try set up with him when I can. Once fully set up the only thing that can stop him is Steelix, Psych Up Cobalion and Focus Sash/Destiny Bond Froslass. Psych Up Cobalion would make me lose the match if sent out against a set up Shuckle so setting up with Ferrothorn or Gyarados is a priority against veterans.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Iron Barbs, Sassy
212 HP, 252 SpD, 46 Def
Stats: 176, 114, 157, 60, 183, 22
~Gyro Ball
~Curse
~Leech Seed
~Substitute

Easily sets up on water, rock and steel types that Shuckle struggles against. Not much else to say basically just hides behind a Substitute and set up.

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Intimidate, Adamant
4 HP, 252 Att, 252 Spe
Stats: 171, 194, 99, 66, 120, 133
~Dragon Dance
~Substitute
~Waterfall
~Earthquake

Mega Gyarados’ typing is great for this team, between Ferrothorn and (mega) Gyarados I resist every type but flying, which makes setting up on an already crippled pokemon pretty easy.

Things to watch out for are Substitute and taunt, those are basically the only things worth mentioning. When I face pokemon with one of these moves I usually switch to Gyarados and KO it as soon as I can, maybe if I did that in battle #197 I could’ve won.

Video of my loss: BMJG-WWWW-WWW3-SYQU
I'm trying to figure out a good moveset for shuckle. Can I ask for your opinion? What do you think of contrary, shell smash shuckle?

I've tinkered with:

Shuckle @ Leftovers
Contrary, Sassy
252 HP, 128 Def, 128 Sp Def
~Power Split
~Shell Smash
~Rock tomb or rock slide
~Gyro ball

103 consecutive wins on Super Triple Battles
69MW-WWWW-WWW4-HHUW
-----------------------------
Unfortunately this morning I went to carry on my streak but I'd gotten careless and wasn't really paying much attention, sloppy is an understatement. But alas I had an awesome run before hand and breaking 100 was an absolute blessing :DD

The team:

Vivillion Focus sash
Compound Eyes
Hasty
max SP. Atk, max Speed, rest SP. Def
moveset:
Quiver Dance
Sleep Powder
Hurricane
Powder

Charizard Charizardite Y
Blaze ((Drought))
Timid
max SP. Atk, max Speed, rest HP
moveset:
Dragon Pulse
Protect
Heat Wave
Solar Beam

Jolteon Life Orb
Volt Absorb
Timid
max SP. Atk, max Speed, rest SP. Def
moveset:
Helping Hand
Volt Switch
Thunderbolt
Synchronoise

Greninja Expert Belt
Protean
Timid
max SP. Atk, max Speed, rest Def
moveset:
Mat Block
Ice Beam
Scald
Extrasensory

Talonflame
Gale Wings
Adamant
max Atk, 220 HP, rest evened out between SP. Def, Speed and Def
moveset:
Thief
Tailwind
Acrobatics
Flare Blitz

Mienshao black Belt
Regenerator
Adamant
Max Atk, 240 Speed, rest Def
Moveset:
Fake Out
Quick Guard
Brick Break
U-turn

How I played it:
Vivillion, Charizard, and Jolteon go out first
if there's a threat to Charizard priority is to take it out or sleep it, if that threat can't be taken out fast enough Charizard throws a protect while I most of the time sleep it, or Volt Switch Jolteon out so Greninja can Mat Block or Mienshao can Fake Out. if there's no high threat to Charizard I might be able to Helping Hand Heat Wave, this can take out alotta 3 pokemon teams 1 hit with Drought. If someones trying to make use of my lovely sunlight I chuck some some Powder on them from Vivillions side or Volt Switch to Greninja or Talonflame on the other side
If I'm confident I can Helping Hand Heat Wave a side down I'll have Vivillion Quiver Dance that turn.

Biggest threats to Charizard were Aerodactyl, Terrakion, and Garchomp
I learned to always Protect first turn againt Aerodactyl cos it was 50% chance of Joteon or the Aerodactyl going first, Terrakion I always had to Sleep and get Mienshao out to deal with and Garchomp similiar but sometimes I could sleep and then Helping Hand Dragon Pulse if not use Greninja, but I always had to first turn Protect against these opponents.

The electrical threat:
If I knew they were gonna try and fry my Charizard I switched Jolteon with him so he could heal some of that Life Orb decay and waste their turn while they get taken care of or sleep'd.
NOTE: Sleep Powder on Compound Eyes Vivillion is 97% accurate :DDD and Hurricane is close to 90% accurate

Something tanky being a pain with Leftovers:
Talonflame thiefs up that items and delights in having mild HP recovery (it's always better when it's stolen) to support Flare Blitz which has now become her main offence, devestating in sunlight.

Mienshao doesn't need to stand and fight, he can Fake Out, then U-turn, healing 1/3rd his health, swithing him to Greninja can mean everyone's safe for the next turn too. Mienshao was my main Jolteon counter

Opponent changes the weather (how dare they?!)
switch Charizard back for, well Mienshao if there's a rock threat and I can even same turn Volt Switch him back to get that lovely sunlight pumping again.

Well that's something like pretty much it, God bless all and happy battling :)

Wow, I lost Triples at 74. Not even worth posting my shame. I learned a harsh lesson today, never play while sleepy. :D

I think it's time to breed that Mat Block Greninja and switch up my triples team. Alternatively, I can continue my Doubles, Multi or Rotation... hmm, what to do.

103 consecutive wins on Super Triple Battles

Well that's something like pretty much it, God bless all and happy battling :)
Hmm, minor ideas: you can consider putting other fire attackers or sun users like HA Venusaur on the starting lineup, or even start with Greninja to get a Mat Block on turn 1.

Last edited:
Currently have a 125 win streak in BM with a Durant entrainment team, and while its obviously been working well it is definitely time consuming to say the least
Durant @ Choice Band (lead)
Jolly Nature
- entrainment
- iron head
- x-scissor
- crunch
dragonite @ lum berry
adamant Nature
- protect
- dragon dance
- fire punch
- dragon claw

adamant Nature
- earthquake
- return
- power up punch
- crunch
will be posting my battle code whenever I finish my streak, but its just a basic Durant/entrainment team. My dragonite and kangaskhan have 5 IVs in everything but Special Atk, and my Durant has 4 IV (missing atk/special atk)... hopefully I can just get to 200 lol
I would go with a scarf on the Durant. That way you will almost always outspeed any non-prio user

Wow, I lost Triples at 74. Not even worth posting my shame. I learned a harsh lesson today, never play while sleepy. :D

I think it's time to breed that Mat Block Greninja and switch up my triples team. Alternatively, I can continue my Doubles, Multi or Rotation... hmm, what to do.

Hmm, minor ideas: you can consider putting other fire attackers or sun users like HA Venusaur on the starting lineup, or even start with Greninja to get a Mat Block on turn 1.
Yeah I'd like to raise a Chlorophyll Lilligant at some point to incorporate, thing is though it's not like I planned out my team for the Battle Maison, I just put my triples team I use for online play up against the Maison cos I wanted to see the trophy chick and hit a centuary as they say in cricket. opening with Greninja has pros and cons, I personally prefer to keep it as an ace in the hole.

I highly recommend raising Greninja, it's just really important you perfect his Speed, he's more versatile if you opt for a physical sweeper but then not a dragon slayer

122 consecutive wins on Super Triples
VS. Battle: TEZG-WWWW-WWW4-Y2WT

(Long-time reader, first-time poster!)

I have to give many thanks to Fierza since I pretty much just used his Super Triples team with only a minor change or two. (His team can be found here.) In addition to his changes in his second edit, I also use PuP>Superpower on Azumarill. The few times I ended up locking into Superpower, I didn't like the Atk reduction. TR is really powerful in Triples and there are pretty much only a handful of teams/mons I was ever afraid of. In order of scariness, they are...

(1) Slow, high-attack mons: Escavalier (Megahorn OHKO'd my Aboma and 2HKO'd Aroma), Conkeldurr (very scary, I tend to always take him out first)
(2) Walrein... ugh, I hate this guy.. Fissure/Sheer Cold/Lax Incense... taken out first for fear of hax
(3) Poison lead teams... Azu/Aboma/Aroma all share a Poison weakness, so a few times a team that led with something like Muk/Drapion/Crobat put a huge dent in my team or straight up killed Aroma or Azu on the first turn (Aboma always uses Protect since his many weaknesses usually draw in most attacks from the AI, except, of course, if they are all weak to Poison anyway).
(4) Heatran... he was never a problem for me since any team that used him always put him in a position where Azu could hit him and OHKO with Waterfall. If he were ever put on my far right side with Aboma/Aroma, those battles could have gone much worse.
(5) TR teams... not so much as scary but there are some mind games in the first turn or two. I didn't manage to get 0 Speed IVs on my team, so I ended up being faster than the few TR rooms I faced. So the AI's TR and my own would cancel each other out and give me the advantage anyway. Those teams tended to be mostly Ghost/Psychic, which pose no real threat to my team.

I really enjoy Triples because they seem to be a lot less dependent on hax and status conditions, which frustrate me to no end in Singles. (Aroma Veil also comes in handy more than I thought I would.) Also small mistakes are exactly that... small, not game breaking. The battles last a bit longer, so it's a long way to 200, but it's much safer I think.

In any event, I lost on battle #123 to some super hax. AI leads with Muk/Walrein/Beartic. Both the Walrein and Muk are huge threats to my team, but Walrein will most likely just try to hit Protect Aboma, so I go for Muk first. Waterfall from Azu does not OHKO him. Beartic also uses Icicle Crash on Aroma and manages to get a flinch, so I don't get Trick Room set up.

Second turn, Muk has Quick Claw activate and OHKOs Aboma with Gunk Shot. (If he hadn't gotten the QC, my Azu was faster and so would have finished him off with another Waterfall.) TR is not set up yet, so Walrein gets to act first and OHKOs Aroma with Sheer Cold.... ugh. Azu gets Muk down and the AI sends out Pinsir. I send out Tyranitar (which is my first mistake I think) and Reuniclus. I didn't want to send out Garchomp since Beartic could probably OHKO him in combination with Pinsir. TR was still not set up, so it was a huge risk. Of course, I pay for my mistake when Pinsir OHKOs Tyran with CC. Doesn't really matter though since Walrein OHKOs Azu with Fissure. (Seriously... two successful OHKO moves.)

The last few turns are Garchomp and Reuni vs. the rest of the AI team in desperation. Stone Edge misses on Walrein, Focus Blast misses twiceon Beartic, Reuni gets flinched, and all the while Sand Veil Brightpowder Garchomp never avoids anything except Sheer Cold (which isn't affected by SV/BP anyway). So yeah...

Looking back on it, I should have just KOd Beartic with a Pyschock or two from Reuni and then moved to the center to KO Gigalith. I don't know if Reuni would have survived it all, but it was worth a shot. But flinch, Quick Claw, Sheer Cold, Fissure, SE/FB misses, flinch, SV/BP fail, another flinch... not sure there could have been more hax.

Anyway... I will put my goal to get 200 on hold for now, and go for the other trophies. I have two 3DS consoles, so I am hoping I can just power through Multi's as if it were Doubles, since I've been reading Multi sucks with the AI.

My Triples Maison run ended at a record of 1845.
I seem to have a bad habit of losing at 90% the way to my goal.

If you are wondering what sort of hax could cause me to lose... the answer is that there wasn't really any. I played #1846 really poorly, and by the time I realized it it was a bit too late.

oh, and the max amount of BP you can hold is 9999.

EDIT: Upon, request. adding the team to this post.
Battle Video: 3WAG-WWWW-WWW3-S7TM

Greninja (F) @ Life Orb ***Samidare Mk.2
Trait: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Mat Block

Lv 1 Aron (M) @ Berry Juice ***Aron Traylor
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: N/A
Rash Nature
- Endeavor
- Protect
- Toxic
- Swagger

Garchomp (F) @ Focus Sash ***Tenryuu
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP / 244 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Swords Dance
- Protect

Tyranitar (F) @ Choice Scarf ***Nabata
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 244 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace

Gyarados (F) @ Choice Band ***HaiteiRaoyue
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 164 HP / 196 Atk / 4 Def / 76 SDef / 68 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Return

Aegislash (F) @ Spell Tag ***Hakurouken
Trait: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance

There were a few minor changes here and there. Most of the changes probably don't affect too much. These include:

-Greninja is now Timid
-Aron now has Swagger over Sleep Talk
-Tyranitar now has Aerial Ace over Iron Tail

The move changes ultimately just end up allowing me to win some battles a turn or two quicker, and were replacing moves that I never used with ones that I "almost" never use.
I'm curious as to why you ran berry juice over shell bell on Aron? Also do you have any other battles recorded? I'm strongly considering using Greninja + Aron and I'm trying to get a better feel for how you used them.

lol ill post my team once they lose. Right now I'm at 144 in super triples. Its very funny how my leads for this team was meant for singles, but they do exceptionally well in triples too! And looking at the records for super triples, I'm am using very different/odd pokemon :). Once again, I'll post this team once they die.

I'm curious as to why you ran berry juice over shell bell on Aron? Also do you have any other battles recorded? I'm strongly considering using Greninja + Aron and I'm trying to get a better feel for how you used them.
Berry Juice means you don't faint after 2 (priority) moves, as berry juice activates immediately.

I will update the OP tomorrow, sorry for my absence but school is more important than Pokémon.

Ended my streak at 144 in BM super singles with a Durant entrainment team. 78BW-WWWW-WWW4-YVUS
Durant @ Choice scarf (lead)
Jolly Nature
- entrainment
- iron head
- x-scissor
- crunch
dragonite @ lum berry
adamant Nature
- protect
- dragon dance
- fire punch
- dragon claw

adamant Nature
- earthquake
- return
- power up punch
- crunch

I ran into this situation at least 12 times before where the lead pokemon kept protecting... just unlucky that I got critical hit with waterfall on my kanga or I might have survived. I guess it an ok run with using an entrainment team... it just took forever and I wont be doing it again...haha

Ended my streak at 144 in BM super singles with a Durant entrainment team. 78BW-WWWW-WWW4-YVUS
Durant @ Choice scarf (lead)
Jolly Nature
- entrainment
- iron head
- x-scissor
- crunch
dragonite @ lum berry
adamant Nature
- protect
- dragon dance
- fire punch
- dragon claw

adamant Nature
- earthquake
- return
- power up punch
- crunch

I ran into this situation at least 12 times before where the lead pokemon kept protecting... just unlucky that I got critical hit with waterfall on my kanga or I might have survived. I guess it an ok run with using an entrainment team... it just took forever and I wont be doing it again...haha
Ye, the AI play smarter against entrainment this gen, so you need some kind of setup before entrainment, as in taunt preferrably from a prankster

Finished a Super Doubles streak in the Battle Maison, hitting 108 wins before losing.
Code for video: 5DVW-WWWW-WWW4-JEMK

I went with:
Kangaskhan @ Khangaskhanite
252 ATK / 252 SPE / 4 HP
Jolly
- Fake Out
- Power-up Punch
- Return
- Sucker Punch

Talonflame @ Life Orb
252 ATK / 252 SPE / 4 HP
Jolly
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Bulk Up

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
252 ATK / 252 SPE / 4 HP
Jolly
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Poison Jab

Gengar @ Focus Sash
252 SPA / 252 SPE / 4 HP
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Bomb
- Destiny Bond

Lost to a Cresselia / Terrakion pair. Cress used Double Team on the turn Terrakion was KOd then Cress proceeded to toxic stall Chomp/Kanga. Talon was KO'd earlier. Gengar was only KO'd by the AI's Struggle attack -_-

I didn't notice any particular threats or problems to the team while going through the maison except <double team toxic> stall.

I want to try to get a bigger streak so any feedback would be appreciated. Also of note is that Gengar had no perfect IVs and Talonflame had imperfect speed and HP IVs.

Finished a Super Doubles streak in the Battle Maison, hitting 108 wins before losing.

I went with:
252 ATK / 252 SPE / 4 HP
Jolly
- Fake Out
- Power-up Punch
- Return
- Sucker Punch

Talonflame @ Life Orb
252 ATK / 252 SPE / 4 HP
Jolly
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Bulk Up

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
252 ATK / 252 SPE / 4 HP
Jolly
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Poison Jab

Gengar @ Focus Sash
252 SPA / 252 SPE / 4 HP
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Bomb
- Destiny Bond

Lost to a Cresselia / Terrakion pair. Cress used Double Team on the turn Terrakion was KOd then Cress proceeded to toxic stall Chomp/Kanga. Talon was KO'd earlier. Gengar was only KO'd by the AI's Struggle attack -_-

I didn't notice any particular threats or problems to the team while going through the maison except <double team toxic> stall.

I want to try to get a bigger streak so any feedback would be appreciated. Also of note is that Gengar had no perfect IVs and Talonflame had imperfect speed and HP IVs.
Talonflames IVs shouldn't matter too much, but if you want I can give you a leftover 2-3 IV Gastly.

I went with:
252 ATK / 252 SPE / 4 HP
Jolly
- Fake Out
- Power-up Punch
- Return
- Sucker Punch

Talonflame @ Life Orb
252 ATK / 252 SPE / 4 HP
Jolly
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Bulk Up

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
252 ATK / 252 SPE / 4 HP
Jolly
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Poison Jab

Gengar @ Focus Sash
252 SPA / 252 SPE / 4 HP
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Bomb
- Destiny Bond

Talonflames IVs shouldn't matter too much, but if you want I can give you a leftover 2-3 IV Gastly.
Not to out-offer you or anything, but I have a crap ton of leftover 5IV timid Gastly 'cause I've been trying to breed a shiny.
Hmu if you're interested, Sheshi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)