Battle Maison Discussion & Records

How are you handling Multis? Almost every AI team I pick just can't keep it together.
Hi! My AI multi partner has Entei (scarf with eruption) and Kingdra. So lucky, Entei is so boss.
I lead with Mega Kanga (not standard set, this one is a doubles support set: Fake Out, Sucker Punch, Return, Brick Break) to support Entei and keep faster pogeys from attacking it. You can also use Helping Hand Meowstic.

AI's Typhlosion has a similar set.

Last edited:
Well I finished Multis this morning after the craziest run of bad and then good luck in the final battle. I'll post the video later when i get to work because I almost shit myself when I heard the victory music.

Screen shot of all trophies: http://imgur.com/QPKJgeZ

Edit: Here's the video of the win, watch the whole thing and you'll see how lucky I was.

V3ZG-WWWW-WWW5-GEG8

Last edited:
It's been a while, and I'm finally taking on Super Doubles. My current team
Absolute Troll
Whimsiscott
252 HP/252Def/4SpecDef
Bold Prankster @ Focus Sash (It's getting replaced)
Stun Spore
Taunt
Memento
Encore
STUN SPORE EVERYTHING! In all seriousness, that's his job. SPAM ALL THE STUN SPORE!

Tank
Heracross
252Att/100SpecDef/156HP (Summit like that)
Adamant Swarm ===> Skill Link @Heracronite
Bullet Seed
Arm Thrust
Rock Blast
Pin Needle
This guy, combined with Spam Spore, wrecks things. No set up required, which is good considering this is Doubles. Lack of speed is made up by Paraslys in everyone else, and this guy has wrecked many MANY mon. He's even tanked a Acrobstics from a Gliscor (Not even Garchomp can tank a 4x hit) the guys a freakin boss.
The other members I've explained in previouS posts (Azurmarill and Garchomp, who I'm considering replaceing). I'll update when I lose ;)

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's been a while, and I'm finally taking on Super Doubles. My current team
Absolute Troll
Whimsiscott
252 HP/252Def/4SpecDef
Bold Prankster @ Focus Sash (It's getting replaced)
Stun Spore
Taunt
Memento
Encore
STUN SPORE EVERYTHING! In all seriousness, that's his job. SPAM ALL THE STUN SPORE!

Tank
Heracross
252Att/100SpecDef/156HP (Summit like that)
Adamant Swarm ===> Skill Link @Heracronite
Bullet Seed
Arm Thrust
Rock Blast
Pin Needle
This guy, combined with Spam Spore, wrecks things. No set up required, which is good considering this is Doubles. Lack of speed is made up by Paraslys in everyone else, and this guy has wrecked many MANY mon. He's even tanked a Acrobstics from a Gliscor (Not even Garchomp can tank a 4x hit) the guys a freakin boss.
The other members I've explained in previouS posts (Azurmarill and Garchomp, who I'm considering replaceing). I'll update when I lose ;)
I would have gone with Brick Break over Arm Thrust myself seeings how the both hit for 75bp while BB can get rid of Reflect/Light Screen that I see a fair bit of in doubles.

ps: all Gliscor have hold items in the Maison, so it was probably using a 55bp Acrobatics, which only does about 55-60% to M-Hera. Don't get too excited about his bulk...

(Not even Garchomp can tank a 4x hit)
0 SpA Regice Icy Wind vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 268-324 (74.8 - 90.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

That's Regice set 2: its attack has the same base power and a higher base attacking stat than the Gliscor you fought (both sets had 0 EVs), but Garchomp only has 4 HP EVs (unlike your MegaCross). Don't knock on Garchomp's bulk; it appears on five of the top ten Super Doubles teams and six of the top ten Super Triples teams for a reason.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
0 SpA Regice Icy Wind vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 268-324 (74.8 - 90.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

That's Regice set 2: its attack has the same base power and a higher base attacking stat than the Gliscor you fought (both sets had 0 EVs), but Garchomp only has 4 HP EVs (unlike your MegaCross). Don't knock on Garchomp's bulk; it appears on five of the top ten Super Doubles teams and six of the top ten Super Triples teams for a reason.
I was legit going to use that example. Seriously, out of the 18 users of Icy Wind (same base power as Acrobatics with a hold item) listed on the spreadsheet, only 3 can ohko (Cryogonal, Nidoking and Jynx) iirc, the rest are 2hkos or left to damage rolls. Sure he can't take an Ice Beam but those are pretty obvious/avoidable. Yache berry patches this up pretty decently, Assault Vest Chomp is also pretty good in doubles/triples...

Point is, leave poor old Chomp alone! :(

Damn I hate these veterans:
I got swept by Latias (+Latios+Entei)

My team: Nidoking (lead), Hydreigon, Suicune

Latias sweep: psycic'd Nido (forgot Latias was Psychic), thunder'd Suicune and Draco-meator'd Hydra :(

After replaying the battle I know what I should have done: Switch into Hydra (immune to Psy) and the switch to Scune to eat draco meteor (-2 sp att). Switch back to Nido (immune to thunder).
Do this twice because of the white herb Latias is carrying. Finally let Hydra eat a Draco-meteor(-2), and kill Latias.
After that Scune could deal with Latios, en Nidoking dealt with Entei...

I was legit going to use that example. Seriously, out of the 18 users of Icy Wind (same base power as Acrobatics with a hold item) listed on the spreadsheet, only 3 can ohko (Cryogonal, Nidoking and Jynx) iirc, the rest are 2hkos or left to damage rolls. Sure he can't take an Ice Beam but those are pretty obvious/avoidable. Yache berry patches this up pretty decently, Assault Vest Chomp is also pretty good in doubles/triples...

Point is, leave poor old Chomp alone! :(
Woah woah woah, I did not say that Garchomp was bad in anyway, I just didn't know that he could actually survive one! Was only listing Chomp because of personal experince (I've even seen him get OHKOed by Ice Punch from Electvire)
And as you brought up earlier, "All Gliscor have hold items n the Battle Maison" NOW i can see why she survived. Thanks for the information! :)
Updates on team:
Replaced Moves
Memento and Encore with Tailwind and Moonblast on Whimsiscott
Replaced Garchomp with Heatran (Tailwind helps A LOT with this guy)
Main tatics: Set up Tailwind (Or taunt if required) and if needed, Moonblast them
And the reason why I use Arm Thrust over Brick Break is.... That might be a good idea, especially if t hey get screens up while Whimsiscott Tailwinds.

Just came up with this team for triples- I wanted to know what everyone thought of it before I went and bred it (ie any changes I should make). I've considered replacing Kingdra with Ludicolo and Talonflame with either Vivillon, Noivern, Dragonite or even Swanna just for Hurricane goodness.
Banette-Mega @ Banettite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Careful Nature
- Rain Dance
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Claw
- Will-O-Wisp

Talonflame @ Focus Sash
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Tailwind
- U-turn
- Acrobatics
- Roost

Toxicroak @ Lum Berry
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Fake Out

Heliolisk @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast

Politoed @ Assault Vest
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Focus Blast

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dragon Pulse
- Signal Beam
- Surf

Last edited:
Just came up with this team for triples- I wanted to know what everyone thought of it before I went and bred it (ie any changes I should make). I've considered replacing Kingdra with Ludicolo and Talonflame with either Vivillon, Noivern, Dragonite or even Swanna just for Hurricane goodness.
Banette-Mega @ Banettite
Careful Nature
- Rain Dance
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Claw
- Will-O-Wisp

Talonflame @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Tailwind
- U-turn
- Acrobatics
- Roost

Toxicroak @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Fake Out

Heliolisk @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast

Politoed @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Focus Blast

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dragon Pulse
- Signal Beam
- Surf
My <2 cents' worth: Might want to consider bringing in something that knows Earthquake and/or Rock Slide. Also, having 2 pokes with Focus Blast is kinda gambling on luck I feel, just because luck plays a big part in Maison. Using M-Banette as a Status user also seems like somewhat of a waste of the Mega slot (most of the successful streaks in this thread use the Mega slot to deal damage like there is no tomorrow...)

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
Banette-Mega @ Banettite
Careful Nature
- Rain Dance
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Claw
- Will-O-Wisp

Talonflame @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Tailwind
- U-turn
- Acrobatics
- Roost

Toxicroak @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Fake Out

Heliolisk @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast

Politoed @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Focus Blast

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dragon Pulse
- Signal Beam
- Surf
yeah I've gotta agree about focus blast. I would suggest grass knot over it on Heliolisk for added coverage against Gastrodon/Quagsire as you're only grass move is Politoed's Hidden Power... Also on M-Bannette, it doesn't get the priority from Prankster the turn it mega-evolves, and it's pretty frail so will be targetted a lot on turn 1. Defintely swap out Talonflame as a Tailwind setter, only because this is a rain based team so you're just making his weaknesses even stronger. Noivern is great in that regard as he already resists water (even though he's frail as hell), can set up Tailwind and then spam Hurricane, and if you're running spread moves that hurt your allies he can also run Telepathy. I used a Life Orb on Heliolisk in my rain triples team and it worked really well as Dry Skin heals back the recoil, so maybe swap that onto him and put an Absorb Bulb on Kingdra, he has a 4x resistance to water so if he can get in next to Politoed and cop a Surf from him he'll be hitting harder than with the Life Orb.. I was about to link you to my triples team but turns out I haven't written it up yet! But briefly it was LO Heliolisk, Absorb Bulb Politoed and Telepathy Noivern leading with Swift Swim Kabutops, Assault Vest Chomp and Zapdos bringing up the rear...

After losing in the high 300 and low 400 at Triples (Talonflame/MBlastoise/Greninja/Heatran/Zapdos/Scizor), not breaking my own record I decided to have some fun playing Singles.

Those of you who know me know that I usually don't attempt to ladder for Super Singles, and I really shouldn't now Jumpman is back and Vaporeonice is at 500+, but this is just for fun. I got to 140 yesterday with Dragonite/MScizor/Suicune just to lose against Pinsir 4 who hit 2/4 Guillotine's. Now that loss was inevitable because honestly, there's nothing you can do when Scizor and Suicune get 1HKO'd and Dragonite setting up on a struggling Pinsir just to see the AI send out Bastiodon 4, who doesn't go for the usual Rock Slide on my ~30% Dragonite, but just figures ''Hey, I got Sturdy anyway, so fuck you and eat this Metal Burst''.

I didn't really care about that loss though as I have no intention to ladder for top 3, but I decided to save the battle video and do a Mock Battle. Now I never do a Mock Battle when I lose my streak because (a, I already lost that battle so it isn't going to give me my streak back and (b, going Captain Hindsight is just stupid as by the time you lost you already know what you did wrong or you just got haxed mad. In my case I just got haxed and wanted to try my luck and see. Now guess what? I did the exact same thing and Pinsir 1HKO'd Scizor and Suicune on the exact same turns.

Enough about Pinsir 4 and let's get to the part why I am actually writing this post. I kinda made a new Singles team which is very similar to the top 4 teams. It's basically a turn 1 set-up (Gyarados) team with an Electric immunity (Garchomp) and a ''good 1v1 Mon'' (Aegislash). The reason why I wanted to post about it because it uses two Pokémon that barely appear in the records list, and one that has not been used by the whole top 10. Let's get into details, shall we?

Mega-Gyarados (F) @ Gyaradosite
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Intimidate (Mold Breaker)
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Lv. 50 (Mega) stats: 171/227/129/81/150/133

~ Waterfall
~ Earthquake
~ Substitute
~ Dragon Dance

Garchomp (M) @ Focus Sash
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Lv. 50 stats: 184/182/115/81/105/169

~ Dragon Claw
~ Earthquake
~ Iron Head
~ Swords Dance

Aegislash ★ (F) @ Leftovers
Nature: Brave / 0 Speed IV
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Sp.Def
Lv. 50 stats: 167/112/170/57/171/58

~ Shadow Sneak
~ Sacred Sword
~ Swords Dance
~ King's Shield

Mega Gyarados works the same as Dragonite / Haxorus (or Salamence / Volcarona but no one uses those anyway) and she has advantages and disadvantages over them. She has advantages in her mega forme giving her a different typing. This makes Gyarados work like Protean Greninja to a certain extent. For example, I could Substitute while Mega Evolving against Delphox 4, snatching a free Substitute while it is going for Psyshock. The same goes for Absol 3 who will go for the -1 Night Slash, doing almost nothing etc. Intimidate is also a huge bonus against a few Pokémon however most of them that I ''need'' to intimidate are set-up fodder for Aegislash. An important disadvantage that Gyarados has over Haxorus / Dragonite is that it lacks a ''very strong'' STAB move.
To showcase the difference:
Gyarados-Mega's Waterfall vs Blissey (151 - 178 HP) Damage: 41.71% - 49.17%
Dragonite's Outrage vs Blissey (204 - 240 HP) Damage: 56.35% - 66.3%
Difference in damage output: 14.64% - 17.13%
Note that I absolutely don't give a fuck about Blissey, it's just to showcase the difference in damage output between a neutral Outrage and Waterfall. This difference means I fail to 1HKO certain Pokémon at +1 with a neutral STAB Waterfall, but on the other hand Mega Gyarados is pretty fucking bulky and most of the times I can Dragon Dance multiple times.

I just threw in Garchomp there because it has great syngery with Gyarados thanks to the Electric immunity. I really needed that to deal with Jolteon 3 (who can still beat me if it get's two Shadow Ball flinches thanks to King's Rock). I might go Scarf, I might stick with Focus Sash + Swords Dance.

Then there's my shiny 31/31/31/28/31/00 Aegislash from the time we had Instacheck. Aegislash does the same thing Suicune does for Jumpman's team. It can beat alot of things 1v1 thanks to Stance Change and King's Shield. The only real major problem it gives me is status (burn/freezes/paralysis). I would've used Suicune instead of Aegislash if Leafeon and a few Electric types did not exist, but they do and that's okay.

I don't expect myself to ever do such a huge write up for a Singles team again, and nor do I expect this team to get even near top 5. I just wanted to show a team that ''might work'' and uses a few ''not so common'' Singles Pokémon.

Thanks for reading.

My <2 cents' worth: Might want to consider bringing in something that knows Earthquake and/or Rock Slide. Also, having 2 pokes with Focus Blast is kinda gambling on luck I feel, just because luck plays a big part in Maison. Using M-Banette as a Status user also seems like somewhat of a waste of the Mega slot (most of the successful streaks in this thread use the Mega slot to deal damage like there is no tomorrow...)
yeah I've gotta agree about focus blast. I would suggest grass knot over it on Heliolisk for added coverage against Gastrodon/Quagsire as you're only grass move is Politoed's Hidden Power... Also on M-Bannette, it doesn't get the priority from Prankster the turn it mega-evolves, and it's pretty frail so will be targetted a lot on turn 1. Defintely swap out Talonflame as a Tailwind setter, only because this is a rain based team so you're just making his weaknesses even stronger. Noivern is great in that regard as he already resists water (even though he's frail as hell), can set up Tailwind and then spam Hurricane, and if you're running spread moves that hurt your allies he can also run Telepathy. I used a Life Orb on Heliolisk in my rain triples team and it worked really well as Dry Skin heals back the recoil, so maybe swap that onto him and put an Absorb Bulb on Kingdra, he has a 4x resistance to water so if he can get in next to Politoed and cop a Surf from him he'll be hitting harder than with the Life Orb.. I was about to link you to my triples team but turns out I haven't written it up yet! But briefly it was LO Heliolisk, Absorb Bulb Politoed and Telepathy Noivern leading with Swift Swim Kabutops, Assault Vest Chomp and Zapdos bringing up the rear...
Thanks, that criticism is helpful. I think I'll switch Mega Banette for Sableye or Liepard, since they are probably better suicide leads (Liepard also has U-turn). As for replacing Talonflame, I am thinking of either Noivern or even Vivillon (because I already have one EV trained). I'll probably just use Vivillon at first because its more convenient. Also, I think I'll replace Toxicroak with Kabutops, although I can just breed up both and decide which one I prefer. Also, If I use Noivern, I would brobably replace Kindgra with Absorb Bulb Ludicolo, just for more grass coverage.

Eppie, I have to say, I find mock battles simply amazing. One of the main cause of my early losses was not knowing what the AI would do and making bad choices because of it. And while the AI isn't always consistent (especially with set-up sweepers; sometimes they'll set up, sometimes they'll attack), you can learn what sorts of moves they MIGHT make and plan the appropriate strategy accordingly. Obviously, that doesn't help with Pinsir 4, but it's usually pretty good against most other opponents.

Oddly enough, Pinsir 4 never used Guillotine against Togekiss. From what I remember, it used Close Combat every time. Very strange.

I'm out of town and don't have time for a write up and uploading the battle video, but I lost on battle #544 for a final streak of 543. So be warned, everyone; apparently, if you post about your ongoing Super Singles streak on Smogon, you will lose after about 40 battles. I'll make a detailed post about it on Monday.

Eppie, I have to say, I find mock battles simply amazing. One of the main cause of my early losses was not knowing what the AI would do and making bad choices because of it. And while the AI isn't always consistent (especially with set-up sweepers; sometimes they'll set up, sometimes they'll attack), you can learn what sorts of moves they MIGHT make and plan the appropriate strategy accordingly. Obviously, that doesn't help with Pinsir 4, but it's usually pretty good against most other opponents.

Oddly enough, Pinsir 4 never used Guillotine against Togekiss. From what I remember, it used Close Combat every time. Very strange.

I'm out of town and don't have time for a write up and uploading the battle video, but I lost on battle #544 for a final streak of 543. So be warned, everyone; apparently, if you post about your ongoing Super Singles streak on Smogon, you will lose after about 40 battles. I'll make a detailed post about it on Monday.
I am not capable of giving you recognition for #1 at the time of writing as I am on my iPhone right now.

For the time being I'd like to congratulate you with your achievememt and I will add you in the OP, first thing tomorrow.

I'll link to your post on page #50 until you do your complete write-up on monday. Just out of curiousity, is that Aegislash really Bold..?

After achieving a winning streak of 385 I met my end. I used a team identical to Cardio's:

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
252 Atk / 252 Spe /6 HP
Multiscale
Adamant nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
252 Atk / 252 Spe/ 6 HP
Scrappy -> Parental Bond
Jolly nature
- Sucker Punch
- Return
- Crunch
- Power-Up Punch

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
252 HP / 252 Atk /6 Def
Huge Power
Adamant nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Power-Up Punch
- Play Rough
TURW-WWWW-WWW5-YS5V

I thought I was on my way to beating the top win streak but then I saw the 543 streak so I'm not too annoyed. I've had a few close calls with this team, in my last battle my big mistake was hitting that carracosta with power-up punch forgetting it had weakness policy. Oh well I've done a lot better since the battle subway.

Last edited:
Super triples record: 434
I was really hoping to get to number two but number three is also really good I based my team on two broken things, trick room and F.E.A.R:

Taillow lvl 1 Focus sash
Ability: Scrappy
Fly
Quick Attack
Endeavor
Protect

Musharna @ Lum Berry, Sassy
Ability: Foreworn (was too lazy to breed Telepathy)
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4SpD
IVs 0 speed and the rest is flawless except spA is 28 or something (again laziness)
Dazzling Gleam
Psychic
Trick Room
Shadow Ball

Aron lvl 1 Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
Rest
Dig
Endeavor
Protect

Basically my first three pokemon are the only ones that battle most of the time. Turn one Taillow uses protect, Musharna uses Trick Room and Aron uses Protect. Next turn I generally (depending on the situation) use endeavor on the left and middle Pokemon and Musharna uses Dazzling Gleam to knock out two opponents while the other attacks anything but Musharna. The next few turns are basically the same thing as before. I used Taillow to take care of Ghost types and that worked out pretty well for me.

Clawitzer @ Assault Vest, Quiet
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 252 SpA, 200 HP, 52 Def, I kinda screwed up there should’ve been 252 HP
IVs: 31/x/31/31/31/0
Dragon Pulse
Water Pulse
Aura Sphere
Dark Pulse

I can’t explain how much I used to hate this thing, but now I love it, it has a usable speed for a Trick Room team and its movepool and ability go together awesomely, if I have a choice I send it out on my left because it can hit anywhere on the field. This is kind of my ‘I don’t know what else to use’ Pokemon.

Tyranitar @ Life Orb, Brave
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Att, 4 SpD
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/0
Crunch
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Aerial Ace

I don’t like Tyranitar, I don’t like its typing and its movepool, but for this team I need a Pokemon with Sand Stream, and between Tyranitar and Hippowdon, Tyranitar wins hands down. Snow Warning is a threat to this team and the only way I can prevent it from screwing me over is by switching Taillow out for Tyranitar, it would be nice if it had Tyranatarite but…

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite, Adamant
Ability: Scrappy --> Parental Bond
EVs: 31/31/31/x 31/31
Brick Break
Sucker Punch
Return
Fake out

An insanely reliable Pokemon, Fake out and Sucker Punch makes her not care about Trick Room and she's just great either way.
This team has very little weaknesses, basically Rock Slide flinch on the first turn and twice the AI caught me completely off guard by taunting Musharna first turn for some reason. This was my second attempt the first time Musharna had a Sitrus Berry and got frozen that’s why I changed to Lum berry. Anyway I lost because I had Rock Slide flinch Musharna and it just went downhill from there here's the video: BMJG-WWWW-WWW3-SYQU

Last edited:
I got a 473 streak in Super singles. In fact, I've had the record for quite many weeks now. I just haven't bothered to post the team. Now that someone else got to 1st place, I figured out it would be time to post my team, lol. I lost vs a legendary trainer whose pokemon exploited all the weaknesses in my team, although I didn't really care about playing accurately since I'd already crushed the old record. More on that later. Picture link:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd...._=1392698297_af043a49a59ddbd1bb086d7bde084a91

Here is the trio I used:

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

My lead. The key to success when using this Dragonite is to only set up at the right times. It never gets OHKO'd unless it's from a super strong ice stab move (In which case I'd usually switch to Aegislash in the first place and sweep). On the very rare occasion it happens, I switch in Aegislash or Kangaskhan and sweep. As everyone knows, Outrage >> Dragon Claw. It KO'd everything except steel and fairytypes, which are easily takes care of by my two others. Great pokemon, and very often (2/3 of matches maybe) did it seal the win. Not necessarily KOing all the opponens, but leaving only leftovers of my opponents team.

Aegislash (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Atk / 28 Def / 28 SDef / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield
- Swords Dance

This Aegislash is the best pokemon in la Maison, in my opinion. And this set, and the spread, works wonders. Especially in combination with Dragonite. In about 90 % of my matches, I didn't need Kangaskhan. It sets up to +6 on an unbelievable amount of pokemon. I can also use Kings Shield to recover health, and usually I end up with +6 at full or near full health. It's so good; I used an imperfect 31/31/31/31/31/0 adamant Aegislash with the terrible EV spread 252Atk/128Def/128Sdef for the 200 first battles without much problems. When I later bred and trained a new Aegislash with the ideal set, it became soo good. Now, let me explain the set.

All the moves are logical, and I never tried anything else because I quickly realized there is no better set for Aegi. Sacred sword is also extremely usefull against cursers, like the regis and umbreon. Also laughs at double teamers. Leftovers is the only item you should ever consider running. It recovers so much health; it's amazing. The HP EVs give 160 HP at level 50. That means 10 hp leftovers recovery each turn, and it cannot get more. The EVs, in other words, give it the highest possible percentage recovery each turn. It also enabled it to survive any move at full healt, even eartquakes from rhyperior. After attack is maxed for safest sweeping, the rest are split between the defenses. Aegislash has almost never been OHKO'd. That means it will take multiple hits before possible going down, and in such scenarios, defense investment is better than max HP investment. The last point is put in speed, because it would not make a change anywhere else and it enables it to outspeed a few pokemon sitting at 80 speed. Adamant ("fast" aegislash") is much better than brave Aegislash in my opinion. Why should you ever let many things outspeed you, and risk getting critted, statused, or simply lose your hit points? Why not KO the other poke before it attacks instead? The speed was very useful against for example umbreons, regis and much more. Because of the recovery provided by leftovers, and all the nice resistances, I'd very often switch this thing in on turn 1 against anything that Dragonite couldn't destroy on its own. Or to be honest, I'd still switch it in if I knew I could set up. This pokemon is just... my favorite pokemon. I would never change anything about it. It set up and swept in maybe 2/3 or 3/4 of my matches. There are so many examples of how it saved me after getting haxed early on. I remember one time, I used earthquake on a weakness policy Carracosta (I watched zurich chess challenge, so I didn't think, lol), which KO'd my Dragonite and Kangaskhan. In came Aegislash. It killed the turtle with shadow sneak, just to face down the manectric with overheat, a 130 BP Super effective move from s strong special attacker. I took the hit, and beetween, Kings shields I PP stalled him and won at +6.

Kangaskhan (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy --> Parental Bond
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Fake Out
- Power-Up Punch
- Return
- Crunch

Yeah, you read correctly. Fake out is absolutely amazing on Mega Kangaskhan. It does quite a lot damage (almost halv as much as return, after all), and serves many purposes:

1) Finishes off a faster threat
2) Puts a bulkier pokemon in KO range of return (or sometimes the other moves).
3) Gets free damage.
4) Breaks sashes (useful for its teammates) and Multiscales
5) Stalls out tailwind or trick room
6) Flinches an opponent to get the extra speed from the mega form on the next turn.
7) Puts weakened targets from Dragonite in excact KO range from 2 PuPs. I might or might not mega evolve on the fake out, dependant on how much damage I want to do.

In other words, fake out sets up kills or allows me to kill with PuP and simultaneously set up a sweep. It's also good to have to fight hax, since it will go first. Power-Up Punch is what makes this poke good, and makes it sweep. I can use it against most pokes, since mega kanga is naturally bulky. Return is the best move, combining power and reliability. Crunch is the most reliable move for the last slot against ghosts. Because many ghost types types garry status moves and ghost stab, they often go for a non-attacking move against kangaskhan. However, I still missed Sucker Punch a few times, as it would help me immensely against frail, fast pokes like Archeops. I guess the choice between them depends on what your team needs. The thought of being completely walled by ghost types didn't appeal to me, so I went with the more "safe" option in Crunch. Oh, and Jolly > Adamant in my opinion, especially without sucker punch. But to be honest, I'd use jolly even if I had had both fake out and sucker punch on the set. Jolly enables you to outspeed sooo many extra powerful pokes. I think it was worth it, although it depends on preference.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Overall, the team is quite solid, but lacks something in the defensive department. What made the team still work out is that all the three pokemon can sweep on their own. This offensive pressure allowed me to find the win, even after being haxed a lot. Certain speedy pokes gave me problems if my team was already weakened, though. This also made me lose in the end. There are especially a couple of times I've been afraid of losing though. Once, I tried to play around a tyranitar by clever swithing and shielding, only to find it setting up a total of 3 (!) dragon dances. It had the potencial to defeat me, but after I succesfully blocked a crunch with king's shield, I managed to defeat it and win. After that, I always used EQ against lead tyranitars, and I never had problems with it again. In another battle, I had played the battle correctly and just needed to finish off a glaceon with Kangaskhan. Then: Quick claw activates, blizzard hits, I get frozen, I am frozen solid. Bam. One more blizzard, and I'm dead. Next turn: Quick claw activates again. Uses blizzard again. hits again misses. I thawed out, and KO's it.

I lost vs a veteran. He lead with latios, and I immediately knew I was gonna set up +6 with Aegislash. Dragonite got OHKO'd by specs draco meteor, and I set up and KO'd at full healt. In came Heatran, the only pokemon that Aegislash couldn't sweep past. I scoutet the overheat, and decided to bring it to red with shadow sneak and KO with PuP, knowing that I'd win unless the last poke was a +speed fully offensive musketeer. In came Cobalion, and I at least thought I had a chance to win. Just to find out it was the life orb set.

I had a lot of fun during the streak, and my goal was just to beat 363, an then reach 400. After that, I just relaxed, and my lack of attention put me in dangerous positions sometimes. My loss could've been avoided by switching to Aegi right away to scout, but that would lead to complications if it was a DD set. In hinsight, I shoul've just switched to Aegi, and if it used DD, I'd switch back to dragonite to take the earthquake. Then, I'd switch back to aegi to take the outrage, and set up to kill it with dragonite safe in the back. With that said, the combinantion of pokes and their sets on my opponents team clearly exploited the dangers with having an all out offensive team like I had

Conclusion: Dragonite + Aegislash combo is a strong combo when used correctly. I strongly reccomend using it. Mega Kanga complements it quite well, but that's because it's such a broken pokemon, lol. It should probably be repleced with a pokemon that is able to tank ice moves better. Although Mega Kanga saved me a few times with its amazing power, I think having 3 sweepers is too vulnerable to hax and unlucky matchups. I'll probably try to replace Kangaskhan with a bulky water, to have more insurance against hax next time.

Thanks for reading, and good luck à la maison! =)

Last edited:
Currently trying out a Rain Doubles team that I had used last Generation, and I'm at 200 (will post again when I lose). I'm looking for any suggestions as to how to make this team more effective:

Politoed @ Drizzle
Modest - Choice Scarf
252 Sp. Attack - 252 Speed - 4 HP
31/2/31/30/31/31 (HP Grass)
Scald - Hidden Power Grass - Ice Beam - Psychic

Obviously, the rain inducer. While maintaining it alive as well as having rain up can prove difficult with an offensive Politoed sometimes, I rely on hitting fast and hard with a Scarfed one in order to maintain it on the field. Scald is my prefered option because I absolutely hate relying on Hydro Pumps accuracy, and the neat burn it can provide is also a bonus. Ice Beam is merely for Grass/Dragon types for the most part, just like Hidden Power Grass is for Ground/Water types. I find myself spamming Scald majority of the time however. Psychic is just a filler that hits Toxicroak hard.

Ludicolo @ Swift Swim
Modest - Life Orb
31/0/31/31/31/31
Scald - Giga Drain - Ice Beam - Protect

I have to say this thing is the MVP of the team, when it attacks and when it doesn't attack. Life Ob boosted anything at that insane speed is absurd, and it is only outsped by 3 Pokemon in the Maison if I recall correctly. Scald/Giga Drain/Ice Beam are simple coverage moves. Protect has to be the most useful move however. Ludicolo has a typing that plays like a double edged sword. While STAB Giga Drain is neat, getting targeted by Flying/Poison moves is also helpful. The AI's predictability allows Ludicolo's partner to attack while Ludicolo is protected from the obvious Super Effective moves directed at it like Gunk Shots and Hurricanes. This Pineapple is truly a monster.

Scizor @ Technician
Adamant - Scizornite
252 HP - 252 Attack - 4 Special Defense
31/31/31/x/31/31
Swords Dance - Bug Bite - Superpower - Bullet Punch

What would a rain team without Scizor be like? This beast is the only physical response to a threat on my team. Its incredible typing and bulk both after and before Mega Evolving allow it to switch in to a large diversity of attacks such as Leaf Storms, Gunk Shots, Moonblasts, Psychics, Ice Beams, Blizzards, etc. I had tried out an identical Scizor with Leftovers instead of Scizornite until I realized I could just use Mega Scizor instead. Sometimes I miss the small recovery each turn. Anywho, this is the thing that lets me win against opposing weather that isn't Sun, it lets me win against Trick Room teams that pack psychic types like Slowking/Bro, Musharna and such. Scizor is also my immediate response to a change in the weather from Tyranitar and Abomasnow. It's amazing synergy with Ludicolo and Politoed allow me to freely switch in quite a LOT.

Thundurus Therian @ Volt Absorb
Modest - Focus Sash
252 Speed 252 Sp. Attack - 4 HP
31/2/30/31/31/31 (HP Ice)
Thunder - Hidden Power Ice - Grass Knot - Protect

Thundurus Therian is my response to team that pack bulky things in general as well as electric types. Obvious thunderbolts and thunders at Politoed are obvious.... like my switch into Thundurus Therian. Not much to say about Thundurus. I chose Modest simply because i like the raw Power of STAB boosted Thunders. Focus Sash guarantees this frail thing attacks at least once.

Any suggestions? The team performs well, I'm at 200 wins so far (I've taken a break xD) but I find myself having trouble particularly against Electric type teams because Thundurus's HP Ice/resisted Thunder doesn't do much damage. I also tend to have trouble against Magnezone, Tentacruel and Gyarados. But mostly, against Tyranitar. Not only does he change my weather but Scizor doesnt resist either of his STAB's anymore and Scisor is my greatest response to it.

Currently trying out a Rain Doubles team that I had used last Generation, and I'm at 200 (will post again when I lose). I'm looking for any suggestions as to how to make this team more effective:

Politoed @ Drizzle
Modest - Choice Scarf
31/2/31/30/31/31 (HP Grass)
Scald - Hidden Power Grass - Ice Beam - Psychic

Obviously, the rain inducer. While maintaining it alive as well as having rain up can prove difficult with an offensive Politoed sometimes, I rely on hitting fast and hard with a Scarfed one in order to maintain it on the field. Scald is my prefered option because I absolutely hate relying on Hydro Pumps accuracy, and the neat burn it can provide is also a bonus. Ice Beam is merely for Grass/Dragon types for the most part, just like Hidden Power Grass is for Ground/Water types. I find myself spamming Scald majority of the time however. Psychic is just a filler that hits Toxicroak hard.

Ludicolo @ Swift Swim
Modest - Life Orb
31/0/31/31/31/31
Scald - Giga Drain - Ice Beam - Protect

I have to say this thing is the MVP of the team, when it attacks and when it doesn't attack. Life Ob boosted anything at that insane speed is absurd, and it is only outsped by 3 Pokemon in the Maison if I recall correctly. Scald/Giga Drain/Ice Beam are simple coverage moves. Protect has to be the most useful move however. Ludicolo has a typing that plays like a double edged sword. While STAB Giga Drain is neat, getting targeted by Flying/Poison moves is also helpful. The AI's predictability allows Ludicolo's partner to attack while Ludicolo is protected from the obvious Super Effective moves directed at it like Gunk Shots and Hurricanes. This Pineapple is truly a monster.

Scizor @ Technician
Adamant - Scizornite
252 HP - 252 Attack - 4 Special Defense
31/31/31/x/31/31
Swords Dance - Bug Bite - Superpower - Bullet Punch

What would a rain team without Scizor be like? This beast is the only physical response to a threat on my team. Its incredible typing and bulk both after and before Mega Evolving allow it to switch in to a large diversity of attacks such as Leaf Storms, Gunk Shots, Moonblasts, Psychics, Ice Beams, Blizzards, etc. I had tried out an identical Scizor with Leftovers instead of Scizornite until I realized I could just use Mega Scizor instead. Sometimes I miss the small recovery each turn. Anywho, this is the thing that lets me win against opposing weather that isn't Sun, it lets me win against Trick Room teams that pack psychic types like Slowking/Bro, Musharna and such. Scizor is also my immediate response to a change in the weather from Tyranitar and Abomasnow. It's amazing synergy with Ludicolo and Politoed allow me to freely switch in quite a LOT.

Thundurus Therian @ Volt Absorb
Modest - Focus Sash
252 Speed 252 Sp. Attack - 4 HP
31/2/30/31/31/31 (HP Ice)
Thunder - Hidden Power Ice - Grass Knot - Protect

Thundurus Therian is my response to team that pack bulky things in general as well as electric types. Obvious thunderbolts and thunders at Politoed are obvious.... like my switch into Thundurus Therian. Not much to say about Thundurus. I chose Modest simply because i like the raw Power of STAB boosted Thunders. Focus Sash guarantees this frail thing attacks at least once.

Any suggestions? The team performs well, I'm at 200 wins so far (I've taken a break xD) but I find myself having trouble particularly against Electric type teams because Thundurus's HP Ice/resisted Thunder doesn't do much damage. I also tend to have trouble against Magnezone, Tentacruel and Gyarados. But mostly, against Tyranitar. Not only does he change my weather but Scizor doesnt resist either of his STAB's anymore and Scisor is my greatest response to it.
Maybe replace Thundurus with Gastrodon and give Ludicolo Absorb Bulb and surf instead of scald, and do the same with Politoed.

I also think that maybe a full out offensive Scizor with 3 moves + protect or Swords Dance + 2 moves might be better? Pretty much similar to R Inanimate's team in which he made it to 900+ last gen and got the first place

Btw also trying out a triples rain team consisting of Politoed, Toxicroak, Ludicolo, Heliolisk, Gastrodon and Mega-Scizor. I think that the team would work well and it seems that it would be a lot of fun, I'll post up the full details soon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)