Battle Maison Discussion & Records

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I managed to get to about 22 wins in a row on my first try at Super Singles with a team of Crobat/Azumarill/Magnezone. It did pretty solid up until an Electrode's Explosion OHKO'd my Azumarill via a crit (I made sure, it didn't have any threatening electric moves, so it was safe to stay in). Then got swept by a Dragon Dance Gyarados with Earthquake and Stone Edge :[

I want to use
Aegislash
Brave - leftovers - no guard
Shadow claw
King's shield
Sacred sword
Swords dance

Blaziken
Adamant - blazikenite - speed boost
Flare blitz
Swords dance
High jump kick
earthquake (filler)
but I don't know what to team them up with. one thing I thought about is to use a lead like scoliopede and have it swords dance a few times then baton pass the boosts t the next one I linbe to sweep. this would also let me have a bit move in covereage on the other 2 like iron head on aegislash or brave bird on blaziken (since it looks so cool)

I want to use
Aegislash
Brave - leftovers - no guard
Shadow claw
King's shield
Sacred sword
Swords dance

Blaziken
Adamant - blazikenite - speed boost
Flare blitz
Swords dance
High jump kick
earthquake (filler)
but I don't know what to team them up with. one thing I thought about is to use a lead like scoliopede and have it swords dance a few times then baton pass the boosts t the next one I linbe to sweep. this would also let me have a bit move in covereage on the other 2 like iron head on aegislash or brave bird on blaziken (since it looks so cool)
The only ability on Aegislash is Stance Change, btw. And maybe for the 3rd you should try something with special moves?

I was thinking about Hydreigon ages ago before I even had my Azumarill/Aegislash but forgot about it. That sounds great; thanks!

Also just beat the Maisonite or w/e it's called named Nita at 50 battles. She was using Landorus/Thundurus/Tornadus. Missed Sleep Powder first turn w/ Venomoth and got 2HKOed, then brought out Azumarill, Belly Drummed, and cleaned the house.
Aegislash/Hydreigon core has been pretty good for me. I've had streaks of 82 and 75, respectively. But it's been a struggle to find a perfect lead, and aegislash is very prone to AI hacks (FU Swagger!) Swagger has been the biggest wall to my streaks so far.

Gah, I just lost at 64 wins to an Absol with sub/swagger/will-o-wisp/punishment with bright powder (I missed dazzling gleam AND brave bird against it). It was bound to happen eventually. Or I was bound to lose to a Ttar after losing my Mawile.

So I had originally used M-Mawile, sash Gengar, and bellyjet Azumarill, but I replaced Azumarill with bulk up Talonflame for this streak and it didn't do too shabby. Full sets:
Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch

Sweeps 90% of the battles honestly. Can live a hit from almost everything and set up, even SE hits due to intimidate.

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
IVs: 31/x/x/31/31/31
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Dazzling Gleam (lel don't want to miss focus blast)
- Destiny Bond

Emergency stop to almost everything with destiny bond. Still powerful with good coverage of course.

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 68 Spd / 252 Atk / 188 HP (level 50 spread for odd hp + Excadrill speed tier)
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Bulk Up
- Roost

Secondary sweeper, switches into fire types with ease and sets up on almost all of them except Pyroar. I should probably just use an offensive SD set, but I made this for wifi and it's usable here anyway. Maybe natural gift + salac berry (80 bp fighting) could be used as a second stop to rock types/Ttar if I switch to SD.

Also it seems that after ~40 or so you have a chance to encounter Veteran Jake, who always brings 3 different trio legendaries. I encountered him 3 times in my last streak and the scariest thing he brought was scarf Terrakion. Fortunately the AI is retarded and stays in for 1-2 turns after trying to hit you with a move you're immune to, so I just switched into Gengar from Mawile and killed it without even breaking my sash. I can also confirm that Landorus from battle 50 is also scarfed, same thing happened.

Edit: Also shoutouts to Gamefreak for putting in some very excellent mons in the battle maison such as flame orb Machamp with protect (without guts) and flame orb Floatzel with protect who never goes for switcheroo.

I'm thinking of trying this;
Blaziken @ Life Orb
Adamant
Baton Pass
Protect/Substitute
Flare Blitz
Sky Uppercut/High Jump Kick

I read somewhere that mega Blaziken only just out damages LO Blaziken and I have another Mega.

(Mega) Mawile @ Mawilite
Adamant
Sucker Punch
Play Rough
Iron Head
Swords Dance/Baton Pass

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Modest
Dragon Pulse
Dark Pulse
Surf
Focus Blast

Basically, Blaziken will function like a much more offensive Ninjask and pass Speed Boosts to slow power houses in the form of Hydreigon and Mawile. Great defensive synergy here, but I am worried about bulky waters.

Whatever I do I definitely want a Blaziken cause he's the first perfect (31/31/31/x/31/31) poke I've ever bred.

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Aegislash/Hydreigon core has been pretty good for me. I've had streaks of 82 and 75, respectively. But it's been a struggle to find a perfect lead, and aegislash is very prone to AI hacks (FU Swagger!) Swagger has been the biggest wall to my streaks so far.
I used to run Lum Berry before I started running Leftovers and King's Shield. While I overall prefer Leftovers, Lum won me some games.

Venomoth has pretty much been an all-star too. It took a while for me to get used to it (when should I Sub, when should I risk a Sleep Powder without a Sub, is the opposing lead faster/do I need to switch, and so on), but now that I am, probably about 50-65% of my games, I never lose a Pokemon/have to switch because Venomoth sets up on the lead. ALSO Bug Buzz being able to break through Subs has gotten me out of a few tight situations. The best is when I run into the Dusknoir with Sub/Will-O-Wisp/Pain Split/Disable and the Roserade with Protect/Leech Seed/Toxic/Giga Drain and mons like that because they can't do shit to me behind a Sub. x)

It is absolutely ridiculous how the AI starts cheating past the 40 battles mark in Super Singles. This Veteran guy shows up with a Brightpowder Latios and my Ice Beam misses twice in a row. I nailed his Skarmory with EQ on the Roost and he has the berry which weakens GROUND moves (on a Skarmory, what the hell). Then another Veteran's Lapras OHKO'd me with Sheer Cold....what the bloody hell. I honestly think there's no set moves for these things. I'd bet there's some kind of algorithm that generates the opponent's moves, abilities, and held items at the beginning of a battle based on what you've got against them. They always have the item that screws you over the most and their moves never seem to miss. Focus Blast from the opponent's Alakazam hits thrice in a row and my Stone Edge misses twice in a row? Wtf.

Anyway, I got to the 49-mark with Mega-Mawile (lead), Dragonite, and Aegislash. Mega-Mawile honestly rips most teams apart by itself. If it faints or if a powerful fire type shows up, I switch to Dragonite, DD a couple times, and wreck havoc with Outrage. Aegislash is a foolproof backup plan. This team won me 49 matches in the Super Singles until a Choice Scarf Terrakion KO'd my Mega-Mawile. Dragonite owned him with EQ, then out comes a Cresselia who tanks a double-DD Outrage thanks to a god damn Focus Sash (who the hell puts that on a Cresselia?) and promptly KO's me with Ice Beam. Aegislash takes him out with Shadow Sneak and then dies to a Nasty Plotted Fire Blast from a Drought Ninetales. -.-

Pissed me off to no end because I was one battle away from beating the Super Singles Champion.

I will post my highest streak when it ends, I guess, but for now I have news:

This articuno
Articuno 4 Ice Gem Tailwind Blizzard Sky Drop Protect Modest Spd/SpA 165 94 120 161 145 137 44,59 35,37
from the battle subway in BW (as all of them seem to make a return from there) has leftovers instead of Ice Gem. Just leaving this here in case anybody wants to document all the item replacements for the monsters without gems.

Currently using Mega Kangaskhan, Rotom-W, and Aegislash. They're doing some serious work over here!

Seriously, MMawile absolutely destroys about 90% of the Battle Maison.

A lead MMawile paired with an appropriate fire/ground resist partner (I use Gyarados, for example) allows it to demolish anything unhindered barring hax.

I got up to 45 wins first try with a MMawile, Gyarados, and a Dragalge, and only got run over by a Latios. I tried a Greninja lead instead later, and only got to about 20 wins. This time I'm going back to my original strategy and am using MMawile, Gyarados, and Sylveon, and it's looking promising so far, already up to late 20s without much problem. I'm hoping Sylveon will be able to check Lati@s with its great special bulk and Moonblast.

Edit: Also, is it just me or does every NPC have some sort of Parafusion strategy? I swear, I keep seeing a lead mon have some sort of Thunder Wave/Discharge/Bounce/Body Slam and the next mon has Confuse Ray. Really annoying.

Last edited:
Reactions: JES
I managed to get up to the 35th round in Super singles using an Aegislash, Choice Scarfed Haxorus and a Mega Gengar, until a damn Dusknoir came along and not only spammed Double Team, but Protect (which it somehow used 23 times: I counted) Will-o-Wisp and Toxic, while holding a Leftovers.....
Just got screwed by the exact same thing. The ladder was extremely easy up until this point >_<

Reactions: JES
I just got a 50 streak in the Super Doubles with this team

Abomasnow-Mega @Abomasite
Quiet (252 atk, 252 spa)
Blizzard
Energy Ball
Ice Shard
Protect

Greninja Razor Fang
Timid Protean (252 Spe, 252 Spa)
Mat Block
Blizzard
Surf
Fling

Azumarill Splash Plate
Adamant (252 HP, 252 atk)
Aqua Jet
Waterfall
Play Rough
Superpower

Noivern Life Orb
Timid Telepathy (252 spa, 252 spe)
Boomburst
Draco Meteor
Air Slash
Flamethrower

Noivern was mostly filler, I hardly used him and could have gone with any fast attacker as he was pretty much just cleanup, but was nice to have EQ immunity. Azumarill comes in to take out threats with Aqua Jet. I ended up using Aqua jet about 90% of the time, probably could have just used Choice Band

Basic Strategy would be to Mat Block and Blizzard turn 1. Turn 2 finish off 1 or both enemies with Surf or Blizzard. Abomasnow protects while I take our fire threats, and finishes off things with very powerful Ice Shards. Greninja's protean makes Surf and Blizzard both STAB making them hit very hard. I can get in a free Fake Out whenever I want with Razor Fang + Fling, and I can sometimes get helpful flinch hax.

Threats are faster pokes than Greninja, Choice Scarfers, and priority moves. Thunderwave is also annoying, but most of the time I can predict when it will come.

Still going on this streak, after this one ends I will look for a replacer for Noivern

Edit: P.S. A trainer had Entei and it used Sacred Fire on me, so it seems Entei will learn that this gen which is pretty awesome

I finally did it and got every trophy in the Battle Maison.

At first I wanted to stop after only the Multi Battle one was missing due to the lack of a useful partner for the next weeks. However, today I looked though the list of AI partners I got and gave three of them a try. While the partners are useless there most of the time (having wierd ideas about which Pokémon they will target, Earthquaking you without hesistation and being poor in general) one partner actually helped me to get to the last battle by using Gengar (like me during doubles; Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, Dazzling Gleam and Round) and Crobat (just used Brave Bird). Both of them worked very well with my Garchomp and it actually was enough to beat the last challenge during the first attempt.

If I look back I have to say that I didn't expected to come this far due to being lazy. The only Pokémon I breed on my own was Gengar, my all-time favourite for the Battle Tower since Gen 4. Thanks to a friend of mine I got a nice Gible, Marvelscale Dragonite (which was caught in my Friend Safari at least) and Scyther. Together with the event Torchic it was all I needed so I consider myself lucky. After I trained Gengar, Garchomp and Blaziken/Dragonite I tried the Super Singles. Later I tried Super Doubles and Triples for fun too and just realized that they are even better in Doubles and Triples which I beat on the first and second try respectively (Singles took me five tries).

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Spe
IVs: 30/x/31/31/30/31
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Destiny Bond
Pretty basic, some people will actually know how useful Destiny Bond is while fighting in the Battle Tower. As I said, I use it since Diamond and fell in love with it.

Garchomp @ Choice Band/Choice Scarf (Doubles, Triples, Multi)/Life Orb (Rotation)
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31 (I think)
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Protect (useless without Life Orb)
Also nothing special. I always used a Jolly nature though and was kinda surprised I didn't miss it at all. Nothing outspeeded Garchomp with a Scarf anyway so it definitely worked out in Double and Triple battles. I run Protect because I thought it would be helpful in Rotation Battles but I realized that they actually try to play mindgames, switching out randomly even though they got an advantage already. They didn't even read my inputs first while doing this, which kinda surprised me. Thanks to this they did quite a few mistakes and switched into attacks they didn't survive so I mindlessly spammed attacks sometimes with success.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Trait: Marvelscale
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
Another boring standard set which I used for the first time though. Dragonite loves sweeping and deserved a well earned spot in the team.

Blaziken @Blazikenite/Life Orb
Trait: Speed Boost
IVs: ? (reseted event Torchic, I never checked the stats later but they were pretty good for a Pokémon not breeded or synchronized)
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Protect
Nothing to mention here. Brave Bird was a filler move because I didn't dare to use boosting moves in the Battle Maison. HJK is risky but never let me down. Sky Uppercut though...

The last two filler Pokés are Scizor and the Blastoise I used during the story.

Singles:
Hands down, there are better teams for this so there's no need to copy it for that. Using a Mega Pokémon effectively or abusing Truant Durant just do the job fine. However, it didn't took much time to get the trophy with this team either here.

Doubles:
Starting with Gengar and a scarfed Garchomp. Garchomp used Earthquake 90% of the time while Gengar tries to clean the rest which worked surprisingly well. Dragonite can safely switch into Earthquakes too and if Gengar gets knocked out first I can also send in Blaziken to Protect. Most enemies aim for Blaziken instantly so Garchomp gets a free Earthquake of. Outraging also is a nice option even though you cannot aim for the enemy then. Still, if you know the other Pokémon gets knocked out first it does its job even better. Long story short, this team worked very well and even better than in Single battles which is kinda funny. Easily got the trophy on the first try but I believe everything besides Super Singles is easier anyway, maybe because the opponent uses Pokémon which only work decently as a team.

Triples (Gengar left, Garchomp in the middle, Dragonite right):
The amount of 6-0's and 5-0's on the road to Dana blew me away. Even though having a bad coverage with Garchomp and Dragonite in the same team can be a problem they teared though about 100 battles like it was nothing. Considering the bad back up I had except Blaziken it was really nice to see. Scarfed Earthquakes really destroy most of the teams, sometimes Dragonite 'wastes' time boosting instead of attacking because the field is cleaned up already. I lost my first battle against Dana though because I didn't realize that I missed Rock Slide on Garchomp, which would have been, well, kinda helpful when she started with Articuno, Regice and Moltres. So it took me two attempts in the end.

Rotation:
I was scared of Rotation battles, expecting even more bad luck than ever. After three attempts it worked out for me though.
The most annoying thing about it was how clever the opponent was when creating a team. For example:
-Bastiodon and Aggron over there, easily getting knocked out by Earthquake... but his third Pokémon, Claydol, doesn't like me sweeping the team.
-Three fragile Pokémon, Dragonite just wants to Outrage and we're done... too bad though, he just switched into a fairy now.
-Two ghost types, Gengar likes to have a word with you... but please, get rid of Porygon-Z/Lickylicky first.
Of course my type coverate with Gengar, Garchomp, Dragonite and Blaziken wasn't very good. However, most enemies were prepared so that you cannot sweep them with one move alone and thanks to their randomness during rotations I mentioned earlier you sometimes have to play risky. Both Garchomp and Dragonite are bulky enough to take some risks so it was fine in the end I guess.
During my third attempt I started with Blaziken instead of Gengar because Gengar was way easier to switch in randomly. Blaziken always had to wait for someone to get knocked out to get in.

Multi:
Since I didn't expect much from my partner I brought Garchomp and Dragonite and not Gengar, expecting to get lucky with sweeping to get to the boss. Thankfully, my AI partner used Gengar right most of the time so I had no problems at all. I also had Salamence and Charizard as partners before and they did a horrible job and missed many of their attacks for some reason. Gengar and Crobat both laugh at Earthquakes so they were a great addition, for a AI partner at least. Both of them were completely useless in the last battle (see below) but I cannot complain honestly.
My double team would have won this easily but it is a shame you cannot use Wi-Fi partners for this.

I'm not actually posting this because I think I should recommend my team to everyone. It is pretty flawed to be honest and there are teams out there having an easier time in the Battle Maison. However, I didn't expect to get all the trophies with four or five Pokémon alone and I just felt like telling about it since you read many stories about people getting haxed with promising teams to no end here and there. Keep it up everyone, especially outside of the super single battles you have a good chance to get close to the trophies soon. I just tried it and actually got them with it.
Getting a 200 battle streak will definitely need another team though. If you don't like to take any risks Truant Durant is the way to go. You also get a ingame traded adamant Magikarp ("Karpe Diem") with fixed IVs which really likes to sweep as a Mega Gyarados if you are too lazy to breed one. I agree that this breaks the Battle Maison and is boring to get high scores with but you should consider using it for the two berries at least before you lose all motivation for it otherwise.

In the end I just want to post some videos I saved. They are nothing special but feel free to take a look.

DNEW-WWWW-WWW2-9SBL
The Super Multi Battle Bosses. It's funny that you get to fight Nita and Morgan here while you fight Evelyn and Dana before attempting the Super Multi. My partner was no help here so I mindlessly spammed Outrage because it actually works. Keep in mind though that you cannot choose which Pokémon you'll target when using it so I probably was kinda lucky here.

2XCG-WWWW-WWWX-SLN6
Super Doubles, also some Evelyn for you in the end. I expected High Jump Kick to miss at the end to be honest, I think Flame Blitz would have knocked him out, too.

JV9W-WWWW-WWWX-SLZ7
One Triple Battle with Legendaries. Not the last battle but definitely more interesting. I forgot to save the battle with Dana anyway.

Good luck everyone!

If you want to take a look at the trophies I got a pic of them.

Last edited:
I used to run Lum Berry before I started running Leftovers and King's Shield. While I overall prefer Leftovers, Lum won me some games.

Venomoth has pretty much been an all-star too. It took a while for me to get used to it (when should I Sub, when should I risk a Sleep Powder without a Sub, is the opposing lead faster/do I need to switch, and so on), but now that I am, probably about 50-65% of my games, I never lose a Pokemon/have to switch because Venomoth sets up on the lead. ALSO Bug Buzz being able to break through Subs has gotten me out of a few tight situations. The best is when I run into the Dusknoir with Sub/Will-O-Wisp/Pain Split/Disable and the Roserade with Protect/Leech Seed/Toxic/Giga Drain and mons like that because they can't do shit to me behind a Sub. x)
I've never been a big fan of venomoth, but I'm gonna try that set out to see if it works well with me. First, I'm gonna try out my bulky quiver dance volcarona and see how far I can get with that.

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Volcarona might work better for you. I just picked Venomoth because ease of accessibility (friend has it in his Friend Safari) and because I like Venomoth lol. Oh, and Sleep Powder.

Also, I'm on the 70th battle. :D
It's amazing how much the opponent spams Protect against a Venomoth behind a Sub. Probably has something to do with the fact that I could OHKO it, but why would I when I can just keep boosting? :0

Volcarona might work better for you. I just picked Venomoth because ease of accessibility (friend has it in his Friend Safari) and because I like Venomoth lol. Oh, and Sleep Powder.

Also, I'm on the 70th battle. :D
It's amazing how much the opponent spams Protect against a Venomoth behind a Sub. Probably has something to do with the fact that I could OHKO it, but why would I when I can just keep boosting? :0
Yeah, I hate protect. I decided to completely ditch Hi Jump Kick on blaziken because of AI protect.

YES finally beat the boss of Super Singles. Taking a break after that because I don't want to blow my luck.

Team:

Suzuka(Mawile/female) @ Mawilite
Adamant/Intimidate (252 HP/252 Atk/4 SpD)
-Play Rough
-Sucker Punch
-Brick Break
-Swords Dance

Harbinger(Gyarados/female) Lum Berry
Jolly/Intimidate (252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe)
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge

Mirai(Sylveon/female) @ Leftovers
Bold/Cute Charm (252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD)
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/14-15
-Wish
-Protect
-Moonblast
-Shadow Ball

God, I love MMawile. She destroys everything in Battle Maison. EVERYTHING. Lead MMawile tears through just about every team if set up properly. I've gotten MMawile to +6 so many times it's not even funny. Having dual Intimidaters helps immensely too if the opposing lead is something I know will use Earthquake/Earth Power on my lead Mawile. Just switch into Gyarados, Intimidate them again, and DD/sweep for the win. Brick Break was preferred over Iron Head on MMawile to get rid of the various Reflect mons, and to hit Normal types and Ferrothorn. Helps a lot against Tyranitar as well, being more accurate than Play Rough if I want a surefire kill. Sylveon was there in case of Dragons/Lati@s, and Wish passing helped get MMawile/Gyarados into the game again if I needed more Intimidates.

As for Boss Nita, boy was I sweating. I expected her to lead off with Landorus, but instead Thunderus came out. I Intimidated... and then saw it had Defiant, making me nervous. I risked a Swords Dance, knowing that MMawile could take at least one hit, and was relieved when a +1 Wild Charge left me at 30% HP. From then on it was Sucker Punch city. Thunderus fell. Landorus fell. Then Tornadus came out and I pressed Sucker Punch for the win... and it Double Teamed instead. I went into panic mode. I foolishly pressed Play Rough in case it decided to Double team once more, but it used Focus Miss for the kill. Out came Gyarados, and I tried to DD to get some speed up. It Substituted. I was terrified. I mashed Waterfall, knowing Stone Miss was no good, and broke it. It basically went like this for a few turns, me trying to Waterfall to kill Tornadus and missing, and Tornadus Hurricaning/missing and got one more Double Team up. Eventually I had taken too much damage and was killed by Hurricane. Sylveon went out, and the race was on. I Moonblasted, killing Substitutes until it was 25% health. Then I Wished/Protected until Hurricane ran out of PP, and Moonblasted, shrugging off Focus Misses until I finally hit it and won.

I hate Double Team. For reals.

Now to see if I can make a team for Super Doubles.

Last edited:
I made an account just to let everyone know that sometimes a scarfed ramparados just headsmashes everything in sight.

My fury had to be shared with you all.

I've been doing pretty well with this team:
Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite - Scrappy
Jolly
4hp/252atk/252spe
Power-up Punch
Sucker Punch
Return
Earthquake
I've been impressed with how overpowered this guy is in BM, he easily takes at least one hit from pretty much anything while setting up +2 attack with the parental bond Power-up Punch then easily sweeps their whole team. I can see him having a problem with fast fighting types if he can't outspeed since even a +2 or 3 sucker punch wouldn't OHKO them, but I haven't come across any so far. Notable threats against him are Gengar and Tauros. I've only seen Gengars leading so I just power-up punch before Megaing then Mega and sucker punch. Tauros outspeeds and can OHKO with giga impact, but also carries sub so it's kind of a coin toss. Return will usually OHKO through a sub but loses to the giga impact while sucker punch will OHKO in response to giga impact but only hits for ~50% through a sub. Usually I find sucker punch the safer option.

Aegislash @ Leftovers - Stance Change
Adamant
252hp/252atk/4spe
Sacred Sword
Shadow Sneak
Swords Dance
King Shield
Not much to say here, just be smart with him and set up a sweep. It's not usually too hard to set up +4 or +6 atk then OHKO everything with shadow sneak plus he has nice synergy with kangaskhan for switching into close combats and focus blasts. In shield forme he's pretty much untouchable, even most EQs will only hit for 40-50% so you can get at least +2 then sacred sword. I've lost him before to Tauros at 50% hp though because that EQ hits for ~60%(!) in shield forme, then there's no way to get off the sacred sword. You can KO the Tauros from 50% just by going for the sacred sword without setting up though.

Greninja @ Life Orb - Protean
Timid
4hp/252spA/252spe
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Grass Knot
Dark Pulse
This guy is seriously fast, I usually outspeed even if my opponent is +1 or +2 speed on me. With proper type management you can usually take a hit as well (the AI sucks at accommodating for type changes). Ice beam is easily the most important move here, Venasaur, Serperior, Altaria, Dragonite, and later on Tornadus, Thunderus, and Landorus all hate seeing a crazy fast STAB ice beam. Grass knot is there for the bulky water types that can sometimes wall Aegislash and Kangaskhan.

I'm on battle 45 right now without much trouble, this is my second run with this team (lost on round 23 to Tauros). I'm interested to see how it fares in round 50. It's a little soft to powerful EQ users, luckily most STAB EQers will get outsped and OHKOed by Greninja. It's also soft to Vaporeon, I've only encountered one so far but if it had scald instead of surf/toxic I would have easily lost. Luckily Aegislash ate up the surfs and couldn't be poisoned, so couldn't be touched.

Been using
Rotom W
MegaMawile
TalonFlame

Been doing decent, get +40 every time but always get destroyed by obvious random hacks like the enemy having 100% accurate attacks, 100% status effect after attack and the fact that I miss way more than I should i.e hydro miss and even play rough misses allll the time. The worst is the Ampharos that I run into all the time with 100% accurate thunders.

So, I've tried and failed to get to the Super Single Battles Boss three times with the following:

Azumarill @ Choice Band
168 HP/252 Atk/4 Def/84 Spd
Aqua Jet
Play Rough
Superpower
Waterfall

Lucario @ Lucarionite
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Bullet Punch
Close Combat
Extreme Speed
Swords Dance

Delphox @ Life Orb
4 HP/252 Sp. Atk/252 Spe
Calm Mind
Fire Blast
Psyshock
Shadow Ball

My first loss came because my opponent used Swift Swim Kingdra and OHKO'd Lucario. Azumarill was dented before using Play Rough to take it down, but it decided to miss and screw me over against her Wailord. Delphox just couldn't hit hard enough to get the KO.

My second loss happened because it came down to my Lucario against Intimidate Salamence. Without Ice Punch, I was finished; it always seems like the AI cheats to have just the right counter for what I have left.

My third loss just now happened against a frigging Exeggutor because Delphox always misses with Fire Blast at the worst possible times. Oh, did I mention that this Exeggutor just happened to have Ancient Power of all moves? He also magically had a Venusaur up his sleeve to hard counter my Azumarill.

In conclusion, the Battle Maison trainers are cheating bastards.

Last edited:
After winning a lot at the BM (50+ and still going) I've seen opponents with teams with mono Fire or Ground types to kill my lead MMawile. Still ran them over because MMawile is AMAZING.

Lost at around 67 Wins in Super Singles. I might be missing something but I am sure Gengar cannot beat a Choice Scarf Durant Speed wise right? Gengar did not have a Speed Boosting item and it outspeeded my Durant and KO'd it. The Durant as perfect IV's etc I must be missing something or calculating this wrong somewhere?

Lost at around 67 Wins in Super Singles. I might be missing something but I am sure Gengar cannot beat a Choice Scarf Durant Speed wise right? Gengar did not have a Speed Boosting item and it outspeeded my Durant and KO'd it. The Durant as perfect IV's etc I must be missing something or calculating this wrong somewhere?
Gengar's speed assuming a positive nature is 350. Durant's speed assuming 31 IVs/252 EVs and a Choice Scarf would be 472 with a neutral nature and 519 with a positive nature. I smell shenanigans.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)