1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Battle of the Week

Discussion in 'Tournaments' started by Bloo, Sep 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bloo

Bloo
    is a Tutoris a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris Smogon Frontier's Pike Queenis a Past WCoP Winnerdefeated the Smogon Frontier
    Head TD

Battle of the Week: Season Four

Forum Rules | Season One | Season Two | Season Three | BotW Homepage | The Matches We Wanna See - Competitor Article

Welcome to the fourth season of Battle of the Week!

Battle of the Week is a program designed to allow the users of Smogon to pick and choose which battles they want to see. If you've been unable to watch battles between top players because they choose to play on a deserted server or at the wrong times, this is your chance to watch an elite battle as it is played. If you still can't be on, you will get to watch the battlers go head to head at a later date by watching it on the Smogon YouTube Channel, because all battles in this program will be recorded and uploaded there. Additionally, The Smog plans to deliver insightful and interesting information about the battle and the battlers themselves.

How the Battle of the Week will work

This season there are three stages to the process.

Metagame Selection Stage: Users will be able to post whichever metagames they would like to see played, and the most popular choice after 24 hours is the one that will be used. Example metagames: DPP OU, ADV OU, RBY UU, VGC 2011.

Nominations Stage: Users will be able to submit nominations by posting up to three other Smogoners in the thread. Note that this means you cannot nominate yourself. To be eligible, the nominee must meet the following simple criteria:

1. Must have an account on Smogon that has been online sometime during the last week.
    2. Must not be on the list of users that don't want to or can't participate in the Battle of the Week.
    3. Must not be banned from the forums.
    If one of these conditions are not met but you think a nomination should be permitted, PM or otherwise contact me with reasons why. This stage will also last 24 hours.

Final Poll: The nominations will be counted, and the top ten most nominated players will be placed into a poll where everyone will be able to vote for any number of players in the pool. The two players that receives the most votes after 24 hours will be the battlers in the battle of the week. You may vote for yourself in this stage, unlike last year.

The battle will be scheduled, completed and recorded, and then the process will be repeated, with the program lasting for around ten 'weeks'.

Users that don't want to / can't participate - Private message Bloo if you don't want to / can't participate.
    • Atticus
    • Haunter
    • Jibaku
    • Great Sage
    Battles

(DPP OU) Earthworm vs. Gouki [Video]
    (DPP Ubers) locopoke vs. Iconic [Log]
    (ADV OU) M Dragon vs. Floppy [Log]
    (DPP UU) Eo Ut Mortus vs. reachzero [Log]
    (Randbats) chaos vs. Rodan [Log]
    (BW2 NU) Zebraiken vs. CrashinBoomBang [Replay]
    (BW2 RU) august vs. Windsong [Log Coming Up]
  2. Bloo

Bloo
    is a Tutoris a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris Smogon Frontier's Pike Queenis a Past WCoP Winnerdefeated the Smogon Frontier
    Head TD

The poll is up! There were a couple of ties, so I opted for 12 options this time. Vote away!
  3. LizardMan

LizardMan A mo so true.
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Elevator Music
  4. Steven Snype

Steven Snype
    is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

SOGENIGGA let's do it!
  5. Aurora

Aurora this CT is about ethics in gaming journalism
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

YAN[SOGEKING]
  6. MikeDecIsHere

MikeDecIsHere And the haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate.
    is a Battle Server Moderatoris a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

If Sogeking were to play one, might as well be LC
  7. locopoke

locopoke indulges in unsavory behavior
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

8. CloudBreaker

CloudBreaker

=> Litchi <=
  9. MMF

MMF Give me the strength to part this sea

So heres an idea and its a revolutionary one I know but stick with me: Let's stop being dodrios and voting to have dodrio-like players no one gives 3 dodrios about, play a metagame they don't know. PS vote for blarajan he's my hero <3
  10. BLINGAS ♥

BLINGAS ♥

yan sogenigga \/ :_: y/n
  11. Steven Snype

Steven Snype
    is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Hi, here is a better revolutionary idea: Let's vote for players who actually are interesting. Everyone and their mother has seen the standard McMeghan (see most Open finals) and Eo's already played this BotW and if he wins, he will almost certainly bring stall. blarajan is... well blarajan.

I have yet to see a player be quite so remarkable as sogeking. If you have ever seen a match with sogeking, then you know that he is an extremely entertaining player. We want to see an entertaining match, and nobody is more entertaining than sogeking. Hell, anyone who saw NatGeo vs sogeking knows that he can take a serious match for WCoP and make it quite enjoyable to watch. His sheer randomness combined with his personality makes him one of the most unpredictable players. If you haven't seen him play, that makes it all the more reason to vote for [yan]sogeking as I guarantee you his performance in this BotW will be one of the most entertaining matches Smogon has seen.

SOGEKING PORRA
  12. Pocket

Pocket Apo, the astronaut's best friend >:3
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

blara, kick yan's ass.
  13. Chieliee

Chieliee

why has e_m so little votes ?_?
  14. Alexander.

Alexander.

15. Coren37

Coren37

sogeking vs blara
    LGI!
  16. Funkasaurus

Funkasaurus king of games
    is a Tutoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

S
    O
    G
    E
    N
    I
    G
    G
    A
  17. Satomi

Satomi

Yan and Elevator Music, cause I liked his nickname, lol. n_n
  18. Hantsuki

Hantsuki Brazil's CO! :3
    is a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

sogeking to make people mad oO
  19. Furai

Furai a Ωdefender // a αguardian
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

im the fucking best guys

i would like to see emma battling~
  20. HeIIraiser

HeIIraiser tough like igglybuff

can someone good on LC PM me or find me on irc to give me some quick lessons?
    im sucking flying dicks on this crazy low meta. :____:
    and there r only noobs on LC ladder, so i cant practice.
    :adam:
    BKC likes this.
  21. Blim

Blim
    is a Pre-Contributor

I hope am not the only one questioning the integrity of botw when someone who doesn't even play the metagame is leading in votes.
  22. HeIIraiser

HeIIraiser tough like igglybuff

stfu, im kickin' blarajan's ass on his own meta oO
    BKC likes this.
  23. Ginku

Ginku Farbenprächtig
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

idk if the integrity of botw is the thing you should question when this is the only battle where it's happening

go sogeking
  24. Joeyboy

Joeyboy Check out my Youtube channel! JoeyboyGames!
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnus

25. Royal Flush

Royal Flush in brazil rain

Sogeking because I like his signature

oO
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)