Battle Tower Elites

Battle Tower Elites

Hi i am donpatch4312 ive been trying to do a battle tower team for some time now and have came up with a good team that seems to be effective
(i have in fact tested it out)well here is my team as of now

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Ability: sand veil
EVs: 6 Hp/252Att/252Spe
Nature: Jolly
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Fang
- Outrage
- Swords Dance

Ahh what a wonderful physical sweeper. the fact that garchomp's base speed and attack as many of you know is bestial. this thing will tear through the teams in the battle tower just with outrage. first off i will use the swords dance to raise attackpower at the forfiet of 1 turn which is pretty much worth it. with this attack boost outrage will tear through almost any type of pokemon. many of you may be thinking "why of all moves does he have fire fang in the pool?" ahh there is my little trick there although it has only 65 or 75 base power (inform me which one is correct) the swords dance will allow me to power this move up allowing me to tear down ice types that come in the battle tower. the dragon claw is mainly the last part of thje team for its high base power and accuracy aswell as STAB.

Pokemon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 Hp/200Att/56 SpD
Nature: Sassy
- Wish
- Curse
- Payback
- Yawn

many of you probably havent seen one of these setups in a pokemon battke am i correct? the place where i got the idea of this little baddy is on battle revelution on a wifi battle (lets just say the only reason i won was because of groundon's fissure O.o)
well on to the real reason why i have this beast iin my arsenal. as many of you should know umbreon has a high special defense base aswell as moderately high health and defense bases. if you were to take abuse of this factor with this moveset umbreon is the perfect tank. the amin way to use one of these beasts is to first use wish. while wish is charging up
use curse for the attack and defense boost perfect for umbreon's low attack and moderate defense bases. nopw you must be saying what about the speed decline thats not good at all! but here i have you put up againstr a wall yet again :toast: the lower speed allow's umbreon to use payback with a power of 100! no not 50 but 100! this is perfect due to the fact that umbreon is powered up from curse and the attack ev training. the main purpose of yawn was to be a status afflicter to make the oppojnent switch out and make my job alot easier.

Pokemon @ Focus Sash
Ability: Steadfast
EVs:6Hp/252Att/252Spe
Nature: Impish
- Ice PAWNCH!!
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Pysco Cut

My final sweeper he is a late game sweeper if anything goes wrong. He is my safety net if there are any pesky ghost or dragon types his ice punch wil take care of the dragons and shadow sneak after a bit of a powerup from sowrds dance will take care of ghost types shadow sneak is also my finisher when i have very low hp due to strinking first and it wil allow me to finish the pokemon after a blast from pysco cut he does seem to die a bit fast though so he may be put up on the lines before umbreon as when i have trained him he seems to die pretty fast. but his high speed and attack base stats seem to pay off very well so even if he dies earlier than meant to he still did his job by being my safety sweepeer

Well that is my team in a nutshell sorry if i bored you with umbreon it seems to be very important to my team as he is my huge safety net if garchomp dies so if you will please RMT!

Okay. As far as Battle Tower teams go, this isn't too bad.

Firstly, Garchomp should have Earthquake in place of either Outrage or Dragon Claw. I personally suggest Earthquake over Outrage. Also, Fire Fang has base power of 65 I believe.

For Umbreon, there is not much wrong. But I think you could change it a bit around. You have curse, so you shouldn't need as many EV's in ATK. I suggest having at least 216 SPD EV's and the rest in Attack. This way, Curse will be much more beneficial but this is just my opinion. Also, try an Impish or Careful nature on Umbreon.

Finally, for Gallade, I suggest you use Close Combat over Psycho Cut. Close Combat has high base power, boosted by Swords Dance and it has STAB. Granted Psycho Cut has the last two, but it lacks the high base power that CC has. If you want to keep Psycho Cut (and I'll understand if you do), then try taking off Shadow Sneak or Ice Punch (or as you so eloquently put it PAWNCH).

Good luck. By the way, what streak has this particular team reached?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)