Battle Tree Discussion and Records

Smuckem

Resident Facility Bot Wannabe
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Now that I've gotten to the Royal, have stalled my in-game playthrough to go get decimated repeatedly at the Arena and record sets. Noted so far:

Possible Returns:
- Blissey2 (used Grass Knot & Shadow Ball)
- Rhyperior2 (missed Rock Wrecker)
- Slowbro2 (used Ice Beam & Water Pulse)
- Crobat2 (used Air Slash)
- Gothitelle2 (used Psyshock)
- Accelgor2 (used Endure & Bug Buzz, Weakness Policy activation)
- Zoroark2 (used Flamethrower & Grass Knot)
- Kingdra2 (used Dragon Dance & Waterfall)
- Mandibuzz 2 or 3 (used Nasty Plot, Dark Pulse, & Air Slash)
- Gardevoir2 (used Thunderbolt, Calm Mind & Stored Power)
- Gallade? (used Psycho Cut)
- Gastrodon2 (used Curse & Waterfall, Rindo activation)
- Empoleon3 (used Surf & Ice Beam)
- Toxicroak2 (used Focus Blast, Petaya activation)
- Carracosta2 (used Hydro Pump)
- Nidoqueen2 (used Thunderbolt, Absorb Bulb activation)
- Staraptor 2 or 3 (used Close Combat)
- Porygon-Z2 (used Hyper Beam)
- Togekiss2 (used Brick Break, Extreme Speed, & Aerial Ace)
- Tauros2 (used Zen Headbutt & Giga Impact)
- Pinsir 2 or 3 (used X-Scissor & Stone Edge)
- Nidoqueen 2 or 3 (used Earth Power)
- Dugtrio 2 or 3 (used Earthquake)
- Gogoat1 (used Horn Leech & Bulk Up)
- Trevenant1 (used Psychic & Energy Ball)
- Rampardos 2 or 4 (used Head Smash, Sitrus activation)
- Nidoking3 (used Sludge Bomb, Black Sludge activation)
- Glaceon2 (used Frost Breath, Shadow Ball, & Barrier)
- Cradily2 (used Energy Ball, Stone Edge, & Earthquake)
- Excadrill2 (used Dig)
- Lapras 2 or 3 (used Surf & Ice Beam)
- Aurorus1 (used Thunderbolt & Thunder Wave, Sitrus activation)
- Lilligant 2 or 4 (used Leech Seed, no Leftovers activation so not Set 3)
- Feraligatr 1 or 3 (used Earthquake)
- Aggron2 (used Flash Cannon & Focus Blast)

Possibly Tweaked:
- Greninja1 (used Scald & Toxic, now has Protect)
- Delphox4 (used Overheat & Psychic, now holds Sitrus)
- Wailord2 (may now be Scarfed, or had Quick Claw activation and I missed it, as it outsped everyone and used Water Spout)
- Hydreigon3 (used Draco Meteor, no White Herb activation, so may have different item if the same set)

New Stuff:
- Mudsdale with Superpower & High Horsepower
- Camerupt with Flamethrower & Earth Power
- Samurott with Surf & Ice Beam
- Life Orb Serperior with Leaf Storm & Dragon Pulse
- ToxaPex with Baneful Bunker & Scald
- Palossand with Earth Power
- Rindo Rotom-W with Hydro Pump
- Audino with Calm Mind & Trick Room
- Leafeon with Double-Edge
- Sandslash with Earthquake
- Incineroar with Flare Blitz
- Malamar with Rock Slide
- Komala with Bulldoze & Payback
- Typhlosion with Flamethrower & Focus Blast
- Rocky Helmet Torterra, and another with Wood Hammer & Crunch (outsped by Meganium & Bewear, was able to switch attacks, so not Set 2)
- Bewear with Bulldoze & Payback
- Meganium with Giga Drain
- Megazard X with Outrage
- Jellicent with Water Spout (outsped Salazzle, Nidoqueen, and Sandslash, possibly Scarfed?)
- Tsareena with High Jump Kick (obviously)
- Life Orb Venusaur with Sludge Bomb
- Emboar with Superpower
- Bouffalant with Thrash & Revenge
- Wishiwashi with Aqua Tail
- Vaporeon with Scald, Aqua Ring, & Acid Armor

EDIT: For those who have tried Multis, how helpful have you found Breeder Rada's team to be?

Last edited:
My attempt at the Supers Singles keeps getting cut short before I even reach match 5. First it was an Attract Blissey that brought about my end, then a Protect/Flamethrower/Draco meteor Z-move Noivern, and then a scarf Typhlosion with Eruption landing all the crits in the world. I even ran into a Mega Aggron that nuked my Mence with a crit Stone Edge as I was trying to set up on it.

This is going to be hell to try and grind BP for. I think I'll just stick with the Royale and pray I don't get gang raped every turn.

I think super doubles is probably more stable than singles for BP farming because the AI is much worse at doubles (it feels that way at least) and it's not quite as matchup based as singles can be. Something I've messed with in showdown doubles and am convinced would be good in BT is Oranguru/Gigalith. Oranguru is a great bulky TR setter and instruct works perfectly with Gigalith, who is faster under TR and has a very strong STAB rock slide. 4 chances to flinch something every turn is ungodly as well. Put some TR cleanup sweeper like Celesteela in the backline and you're basically set.

As far as multis go lmao no, she was almost useless. My only attempt ended at like match 8 after I ran into a bad lead matchup that double focused me while she switched to her Hawlucha which proceeded to HJK into a protect and die. Not touching multis until I get a 50 streak in doubles.

The lele/zam core you posted earlier is good. Maybe replace the Talonflame with Mandibuzz?

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 Spe
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Taunt
- Toxic

Not optimized, some special bulk might be appreciated and the speed's probably not right for BT, but a set kind of like this gives you a nice and bulky ghost resist switch in that can toxistall out battles that you can't just power through with psychic terrain Alakazam. Which is very few. Using that core I'd say about 30% of your battles end with Lele alone racking up two kills and putting you at a big enough advantage that it's almost impossible to be haxed down from. Almost.

As for multi, need to figure out what the most self sufficient two pokemon core in doubles is. You really can't rely on your partner for anything so it's kind of rough.

I was thinking that Mega Camerupt would make a phenomenal partner to Oranguru as well. Even without dual Eruptions, Earth Power is such a nuke from that thing that KOing an opponent can just as easily lead to a follow-up KO when Instruct forces it to target the remaining one. But Gigalith does also have Weakness Policy-boosted Explosions to fall back on. There's also Wishiwashi, and retardedly powerful things like Tapu Bulu (whom I plan to SR until I can catch him with 0 IVs and Brave; I could do it for Landorus, I can do it again.) The moment they formally revealed Oranguru my mind was already racing with what they might give it and what I'd love to do with it. I have really high hopes for Instruct.

Smuckem

My attempt at the Supers Singles keeps getting cut short before I even reach match 5. First it was an Attract Blissey that brought about my end, then a Protect/Flamethrower/Draco meteor Z-move Noivern, and then a scarf Typhlosion with Eruption landing all the crits in the world. I even ran into a Mega Aggron that nuked my Mence with a crit Stone Edge as I was trying to set up on it.

This is going to be hell to try and grind BP for. I think I'll just stick with the Royale and pray I don't get gang raped every turn.
The Noivern & Megaggron are obviously new, and the others would suggest Blissey1 (which is whatever) and Typhlosion3 (which is "ah shit") returning.

Jesus...Megas AND Z-Moves...lol. I haven't beaten the main game yet but I am agreeing that Nihilego looks promising as a n00b lead for easy BP grinding. The thing is I have absolutely no idea what to use for coverage on it (4MSS and I'm just lazy lol). Is it good for Battle Royal too? (Sludge Wave/Dazzling Gleam + Sash + Special Moxie Beast Boost = whoa)

Also, multiple Lefties + cheaper ability capsule makes all of us happier!

To be fair, it is rarely, if ever, getting 2 shot. The only ones who even have a chance are rock types themselves. And if you are in peril, why would you be staying in at that point as opposed to switching? I don't really see the point of rest without sleep talk because other water pokemon with equally or more reliable recovery would do the job better if a slow victory through sponging is all you are looking for.

Furthermore, scald can fish for burns against potential sets when you aren't sure exactly what they are running, which can be valuable scouting information. It can also be useful to attack the weaker side of the target.

The second primary purpose of scald is to increase the chances of sleep talking effectively by stacking the odds in favor of his trait. The reality is that liquidation, rest, and sleep talk are the central talents for this guy. Scald is simply there for niche circumstances when he is already in and to mitigate inconsistency while sleep talking.
I could go point by point here, but this all seems like you're talking about OU or something rather than a mode where you're trying to win 50 straight. Araquanid has the same special bulk as something like Lapras, which is good but not untouchable (especially when you switch it into something it's supposed to wall but then a move like Shadow Ball or Psychic drops your Special Defense).

Can I get some feedback on a team I was thinking of? I sort of discovered the maison late last game, so I haven't played much of it (point being: excuse me if I'm a nub). At any rate I'd like to get some feedback before I take the time to breed it, so I'll put my ideas down and try and explain my logic.

Ringslette (Umbreon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Inner Focus
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Charm
- Snarl
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

Umbreon's job is to use charm and snarl to cripple the opposing lead. Charm was chosen for its ability to drop them to -2 attack, while snarl was chosen both for the SpA drop and its ability to work as an attack so umbreon isn't complete taunt bait. If this is managed, Umbreon's second job is to set up a sub pass to ribombee. As an alternative item I am also considering sitrus berry, for that quick hp recovery that may come in handy.

Cutiepie (Ribombee) @ Fairium Z
Ability: Shield Dust
Level: 50
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Pollen Puff
- Moonblast
- Psychic

Ribombee is the sweeper of this team. If all goes well she should be setting up quiver dance behind a sub against a debuffed opponent. If all goes badly, then hopefully she is still setting up against a debuffed opponent since not much can OKO Umbreon. Adding to this, she is neutral to fairy, and resistant to fighting and bug. Should umbreon be taken out, my guess is that these would be the most likely culprits. Shield dust was chosen as the ability since it now removes any secondary effects of moves, so she should not have to worry about a freeze from an ice beam or a para from a tbolt etc.

Woofers (Arcanine) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed

Arcanine is honestly a throw in for this team, and can be replaced if people have good suggestions. Arc was chosen for coverage against any steel types, and its ability to take fairy, bug, and steel hits for its team mates. The biggest issue is its weakness to rock that it shares with Ribombee.

Tl;dr: debuff with umbreon, pass sub to ribombee if possible; proceed to sweep with bee. If a steel type ruins your day, arc to the rescue.

Last edited:
I could go point by point here, but this all seems like you're talking about OU or something rather than a mode where you're trying to win 50 straight. Araquanid has the same special bulk as something like Lapras, which is good but not untouchable (especially when you switch it into something it's supposed to wall but then a move like Shadow Ball or Psychic drops your Special Defense).
Its not about OU. I think abilities that solely buff defense are just begging to be crithaxxed through in the long term.

I was never saying Araquanid was going to be a sweeper. He isn't. He also isn't Suicune(though he is actually pretty close, but speed differences kill) for rest stalling or have the potential for stalling like Gliscor has. He can't even handle setup sweepers or shrug off hax nearly as well as someone like Toxapex with Haze can.

I was merely suggesting that because he has a unique set of circumstances that no pokemon has had before him, that in the right team, he could be a better fit than others or fill a hole that could make other teams viable and powerful. He can sponge status, has solid defenses and has a good and unique set of resistances while being immediately threatening on offense.

I've gotten several hundred wins in a row before, and of course, with a new generation comes a new list of pokemon builds and threats, someone of which a mono-water attacking type could be in rough shape against, but at the same time, the introduction of z-crystals means someone who can immediately absorb status without any fear before the end of the turn while also being really good on both sides defensively and threatening offensively in one package is really useful early in the Maison meta.

Probably, considering the datamine was how we figured out that cynthia et. al were in the game in the first place.

On the water/bug topic though, I've been playing with Golisopod and have found it to be a very effective lead. For whatever reason everyone shits on it for emergency exit but it's actually an amazing ability for something with all of the priority it has. Its bulk ensures it's almost never OHKO'd (especially in a lv50 meta) and emergency exit always comes after your opponent's attack, so it's a natural slowturn, ideal for getting in counters, particularly pokemon that get boosts from feeding them easy kills (UBs, Greninja, moxie users, ect) which become easier against the switch-light AI. Leech life also lets it potentially trigger EE twice in the same battle.

Smuckem

I'm relatively certain that certain people and one Entity are already working on that, we just need to be patient and wait. The Entity in question is older now, and it needs more time than it used to in order to perform its tasks (this is likely one of the reasons it no longer performs/submits its own streaks).

Got another 50 streak in singles. Red had a different team than he had last time and a different mega. It appears all of the special trainers have a list of pokemon they can pull from since the other boss trainers I've seen multiple times have had different stuff as well. Kiawe, for example, can have a M-Kanga but I fought him at 40 this time and he didn't bring it, Grimsley didn't bring his M-Absol either. First time I fought him he had M-Blastoise/Venusaur/Charizard, this time he had Blastoise/Mzard X/Lapras. Still haven't seen an UB but I did almost get screwed by an M-Aerodactyl. This was the team I used

Golisopod @ Leftovers
Adamant nature
252HP/252ATK/4SDEF
First Impression
Aqua Jet
Sucker Punch
Leech Life

Nihilego @ Life Orb
Timid nature
252SPA/252SPE/4HP
Power Gem
Sludge Wave
Thunderbolt
Dazzling Gleam

Kartana @ Choice Band
Jolly nature
252ATK/252SPE/4HP
Leaf Blade
Smart Strike
Sacred Sword
Night Slash

This is a very simple to put together, no frills team that takes advantage of Golisopod's natural bulk and ability to act as a slowturn pivot combined with two fairly fast UBs with 4 attacking moves to maximize their coverage and as such chance of getting an easy boost for a sweep. Nihilego provides both a fire resist and a naturally high uninvested special defense stat to patch up Kartana's extreme fire/special weakness. Golisopod was also nice to have around if I just needed to sack something for a safe switch, it's almost like having a sacrificial lead that doesn't die when he switches. It's also an easy to use team because despite making plenty of pretty dumb mistakes I was only really put on the ropes like twice in my entire run. Technically the run ain't over but you get a bonus 50BP for hitting 50 so it's a good spot to stop and do something else for now.

Also I've all but confirmed that playing with Guzma's theme makes first impression do double damage and really gets Golisopod pumped up so you should definitely do that if you want to win.

Last edited:
Xurkitree@Air Balloon
Timid Nature
4HP / 252SpA / 252Spe
-Tail Glow
-Thunderbolt
-Grass Knot
-Volt Switch

Golisopod@Life Orb
Adamant Nature
252HP / 252Att / 4Spe
-First Impression
-Aqua Jet
-Sucker Punch
-Leech Life

Celesteela@Leftovers
Sassy Nature
252HP / 128Def / 128 SpD
-Leech Seed
-Heavy Slam
-Flamethrower
-Earthquake

The lele/zam core you posted earlier is good. Maybe replace the Talonflame with Mandibuzz?

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 Spe
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Taunt
- Toxic

Not optimized, some special bulk might be appreciated and the speed's probably not right for BT, but a set kind of like this gives you a nice and bulky ghost resist switch in that can toxistall out battles that you can't just power through with psychic terrain Alakazam. Which is very few. Using that core I'd say about 30% of your battles end with Lele alone racking up two kills and putting you at a big enough advantage that it's almost impossible to be haxed down from. Almost.

As for multi, need to figure out what the most self sufficient two pokemon core in doubles is. You really can't rely on your partner for anything so it's kind of rough.
Is there anything else that could fit that slot because I can't get Mandibuzz in Sun.

Smuckem

Small note to newer players: there is a "What Is Your Battle Tree Team?" thread on the Stunfisk! Reddit, and one trainer posting his Singles team noted that he has encountered Choice Scarf Aerodactyl, which would suggest the return of Aerodactyl1. Be ready...

That same place also is setting up their own Tree omnibus thread ("Research and Discussion") and they have noted/credited Kietharr with his work so far, so his exploits are gaining some notoriety.

First attempt with a team I threw together got to 68 wins.

Tapu Lele @ Mind Plate
Timid 6 HP/252 Sp Att/252 Spd
-Psychic
-Moonblast
-Thunderbolt
-Grass Knot

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Timid 6 HP/252 Sp Att/252 Spd
-Thunderbolt
-Dazzling Gleam
-Grass Knot
-Volt Switch

Kartana @ Life Orb
Jolly 6 HP/252 Att/252 Spd
-Leaf Blade
-Smart Strike
-Night Slash
-Sacred Sword

Spotted on the way to 68 wins- non-Veterans with legends, Veterans with non-legends, and Thunder Wave Zapdos.

Lost to Darmanitan4, and will lose to all Darmanitan4s that OHKO Tapu Koko.

Now that I've gotten to the Royal, have stalled my in-game playthrough to go get decimated repeatedly at the Arena and record sets. Noted so far:

Possible Returns:
- Blissey2 (used Grass Knot & Shadow Ball)
- Rhyperior2 (missed Rock Wrecker)
- Slowbro2 (used Ice Beam & Water Pulse)
- Crobat2 (used Air Slash)
- Gothitelle2 (used Psyshock)
- Accelgor2 (used Endure & Bug Buzz, Weakness Policy activation)
- Zoroark2 (used Flamethrower & Grass Knot)
- Kingdra2 (used Dragon Dance & Waterfall)
- Mandibuzz 2 or 3 (used Nasty Plot, Dark Pulse, & Air Slash)
- Gardevoir2 (used Thunderbolt, Calm Mind & Stored Power)
- Gallade? (used Psycho Cut)
- Gastrodon2 (used Curse & Waterfall, Rindo activation)
- Empoleon3 (used Surf & Ice Beam)
- Toxicroak2 (used Focus Blast, Petaya activation)
- Carracosta2 (used Hydro Pump)
- Nidoqueen2 (used Thunderbolt, Absorb Bulb activation)
- Staraptor 2 or 3 (used Close Combat)
- Porygon-Z2 (used Hyper Beam)
- Togekiss2 (used Brick Break, Extreme Speed, & Aerial Ace)
- Tauros2 (used Zen Headbutt & Giga Impact)
- Pinsir 2 or 3 (used X-Scissor & Stone Edge)
- Nidoqueen 2 or 3 (used Earth Power)
- Dugtrio 2 or 3 (used Earthquake)
- Gogoat1 (used Horn Leech & Bulk Up)
- Trevenant1 (used Psychic & Energy Ball)
- Rampardos 2 or 4 (used Head Smash, Sitrus activation)
- Nidoking3 (used Sludge Bomb, Black Sludge activation)
- Glaceon2 (used Frost Breath, Shadow Ball, & Barrier)
- Cradily2 (used Energy Ball, Stone Edge, & Earthquake)
- Excadrill2 (used Dig)
- Lapras 2 or 3 (used Surf & Ice Beam)
- Aurorus1 (used Thunderbolt & Thunder Wave, Sitrus activation)
- Lilligant 2 or 4 (used Leech Seed, no Leftovers activation so not Set 3)
- Feraligatr 1 or 3 (used Earthquake)
- Aggron2 (used Flash Cannon & Focus Blast)

Possibly Tweaked:
- Greninja1 (used Scald & Toxic, now has Protect)
- Delphox4 (used Overheat & Psychic, now holds Sitrus)
- Wailord2 (may now be Scarfed, or had Quick Claw activation and I missed it, as it outsped everyone and used Water Spout)
- Hydreigon3 (used Draco Meteor, no White Herb activation, so may have different item if the same set)

New Stuff:
- Mudsdale with Superpower & High Horsepower
- Camerupt with Flamethrower & Earth Power
- Samurott with Surf & Ice Beam
- Life Orb Serperior with Leaf Storm & Dragon Pulse
- ToxaPex with Baneful Bunker & Scald
- Palossand with Earth Power
- Rindo Rotom-W with Hydro Pump
- Audino with Calm Mind & Trick Room
- Leafeon with Double-Edge
- Sandslash with Earthquake
- Incineroar with Flare Blitz
- Malamar with Rock Slide
- Komala with Bulldoze & Payback
- Typhlosion with Flamethrower & Focus Blast
- Rocky Helmet Torterra, and another with Wood Hammer & Crunch (outsped by Meganium & Bewear, was able to switch attacks, so not Set 2)
- Bewear with Bulldoze & Payback
- Meganium with Giga Drain
- Megazard X with Outrage
- Jellicent with Water Spout (outsped Salazzle, Nidoqueen, and Sandslash, possibly Scarfed?)
- Tsareena with High Jump Kick (obviously)
- Life Orb Venusaur with Sludge Bomb
- Emboar with Superpower
- Bouffalant with Thrash & Revenge
- Wishiwashi with Aqua Tail
- Vaporeon with Scald, Aqua Ring, & Acid Armor

EDIT: For those who have tried Multis, how helpful have you found Breeder Rada's team to be?
I encountered a Moltres with Z-Fire in Battle Royal at Master Rank, the vetran also had Entei and Articuno. I can't say much about them except that Entei used Sacred Fire and died in two hits from a High Horsepower from a non optimal Snorlax. The Articuno used Freaze Dry and died in two hits from heavy slam from the same snorlax. Also Snorlax seems to do fairly well in Battle Royals or I'm very lucky.

Still building up items to build a proper team for the Tree but I'm thinking I'm going to test out that Pelipper, Xurkitree, Greninja-A build, but I'm worried about it's weakness to Electric and am trying to think if there is something that can fix that like a Hidden Power Ground on Xurkitree or something taking Greninja-A's place.

Maybe something like

Silvally @ Ground Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Naughty/Naive Nature
-Multi-Attack
-Return
-Ice Beam
-Parting Shot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)