Battling 101 Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bad for the dumb post ( i should deff start readin everything before i post next time. Just joined like not even a week ago and i assumed that they had one goin on already.

Hopefully this opens up sooner or later, I definitely want to get into competitive Pokemon . . . and Pokemon in general.

Yeah I'll sign up too I guess when it opens, I know a good amount of things already but never battled competitively before.

how does the tutoring work
like how does it follow through and how do you communicate with others?
You and your tutor will establish a medium for communicating. If neither of you use the same chat services, you can always have lessons in a Shoddy PM. As for how it works, tutors will usually gauge your skill level and go from there. Team building, prediction, general battling knowledge, etc. are all common topics tutors cover.

Anyways, this is NOT a signup topic, nor is it a topic to declare your intent to sign up. Please do not do so. Also, please do not ask when the next round will be up anymore. I'm going to edit these into the OP and start infracting people who ask, if it comes to it.

i need to be tutored im pacific time central. i live in los angels. im available mon,wed, and fridays in the mornig.
Not to be rude man, but seriously? Even if you don't read the entire thread, at least read the first post of the thread or bare minimum the post directly above you. /facepalm

It looks pretty good, and I agree to the rules. I'm really looking forward to this, because to be quite honest --my skills really do need polishing. I also don't have down all the game mechanics, that I should have.

You and your tutor will establish a medium for communicating. If neither of you use the same chat services, you can always have lessons in a Shoddy PM. As for how it works, tutors will usually gauge your skill level and go from there. Team building, prediction, general battling knowledge, etc. are all common topics tutors cover.

Anyways, this is NOT a signup topic, nor is it a topic to declare your intent to sign up. Please do not do so. Also, please do not ask when the next round will be up anymore. I'm going to edit these into the OP and start infracting people who ask, if it comes to it.
thanks
and roughly how long does the tutoring last and how many days is it?

The amount of time will generally be determined by your tutor. Once the teach everything they find necessary, which is at their discretion, they move on the to the next tutee.

do the tutors start from the basics cause i barely know anything about pokemon and i'm hoping that i can become much better from my nooby state :p

From what everyone says, they do, as tutors help you with all that they think you should know, and they would test your skills out, then they teach you from there...

This was probably already stated somewhere, but the tutor generally will improve your battling techniques altogether while working with you to build an entirely new team or significantly improve an older one.

"you must have made at least 15 posts total on at least 10 separate days before signing up." Lol i need to get to posting then

DX You're kidding me with the 15 post thing, right? All that does is make it more frustrating and time-consuming for new members, (like me >_>) and that could make them either a. Become inactive/ b. Just keep posting on random posts that they don't care about for ten days just so they can sign up/ or c. find that this is bullcrap, like me.
I know I'm a new member and have lots to learn I bet, but couldn't you make a way that's....less time-consuming? I might have an idea too if you don't mind my suggestion...Wait I should've asked this question first. Does it mean you need to post 15 times on each of the ten days, or does it mean you need to have at least 15 posts TOTAL in 10 days? If the answer is the last one, ignore this message DX. Ok, but if it's the first one, then I might have a better way...
Say someone is assigned a tutor. Say that person can't make it because of something very important, like a funeral. Well couldn't they private message the tutor beforehand telling why they won't be able to make it to the lesson, or why they might be late, etc? And if they forget to message the tutor maybe 10 times or so in a repetitive period or such, couldn't the tutor mark them as inactive or something like that? It's just a suggestion and I'm sorry that I'm kind of ranting a little, I just don't want new people to have some dumb restriction before they can sign up, which might take MORE waiting, so that they can be tutored.
Thanks for listening I think

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
You need 15 posts total, with at least one post per day on ten different days.

Can anybody think of a better way of explaining this? the statement "you must have made at least 15 posts total on at least 10 separate days before signing up" seems to be confusing people.

also AcBladez the sign up thread isn't going to be opened for at least another two weeks, so you wouldn't be able to sign up in the next ten days anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)