Beautiful Life

Beautiful Life

It's a beautiful life, oh oh ooo. It's a beautiful life, oh oh ooo. Ahem I decided to make a new team themed around female archtypes in real life. This weatherless team is based around a more bulky offense style that I started off with a core with Scizor and Rotom-W. I then added Froslass as my spiker and Nidoqueen to lay rocks. Starmie joined next to keep hazards off my field. Dragonite was my last addition to sweep or clean up. I tried out a few other Pokemon with this core but found these gals worked together the best. Lets check out the team!

Team Analysis

The Shy Girl
Yukiko (Froslass) (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Curse Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Ice Beam
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond

My lead Pokemon Froslass is a great lead spiker with her fast 110 base speed. She also serves as my spinblocker with her Ghost typing. Froslass starts the match dropping down the spikes usually getting at least two layers before switching out to a counter. With her great speed she can taunt most hazard setters or setup sweepers bold enough to try to switch in for some free boosts. Ice Beam lets me take out Landerous-T, Gliscor, Donphan and Garchomp who are common leads that try to setup Stealth Rock. Destiny Bond fills my last slot as a means of taking out one of the opponents slower threats when she has finished spiking and the team's spinner is gone or lacks one. This move has ruined a few teams removing some of their most powerful sweepers. Focus Sash helps me throw out as many spikes as possible without getting OHKO and works well with Destiny Bond as she can come in later with 1 HP taking an opponent down with her. Curse Body was chose since this team lacks hail and with Focus Sash has a 30% disabling a move which really hurts choice locked Pokemon. I used the basic EV spread to help be as quick as possible and have the bulk to survive weaker attacks.

The Diva
Terra (Garchomp) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs:252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

My Diva is a bulky phazer who also serves to setup Stealth Rock. Her typing gives her immunity paralyze and only two weaknesses. She has good coverage agaisnt steel types having both Fire Blast and Earthquake. Her typing and bulk also allows her to stop Terrakion who threatens teammates like Froslass. Dragon Tail is her main tool allowing her to take advantage of hazards on the field and phaze out counters on switch expecting an Outrage or Earthquake. Earthquake is her main STAB hitting hard Terrakion, Heatran, Jirachi, and Tentacruel. Fire Blast is her last move handling Scizor, Forretress, Ferrothorn, Skarmory and Lucario. Rough Skin works well with her bulk damaging physical attackers. Her EV spread gives her a nice amount of bulk and still has the speed to outspeed Pokemon like Breloom, Lucario and Heatran. Jolly was chosen over Naive in order to retain as much bulk as possible while still being fast.

The Seductress
Azure (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Def / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Our Seductress is a very important member since this team really hates hazards. With two Pokemon weak to SR and two switching out constantly a rapid spinner is required to keep this team healthy. Starmie has Psyshock to handle threats like Keldeo, Terrakion, Gengar, Breloom and Blissey who'll try to stall her. Scald is her second STAB which has a nice bonus of sometimes burning opponents crippling threats like Scizor. It also does heavy damage to opponents like Gliscor, Landorus, Heatran, Volcarona and Terrakion. Rapid Spin needs no explaining. Recover keeps her healthy and heals off hazard damage whenever she switches in to spin. Leftovers helps keep around longer healing off residue damage. A defensive spread was used to keep her alive as long as possible to make sure she can keep hazards off the field but still have the speed to outrun non scarf Terrakion, Keldeo, and Gengar who is a common spinblocker.

The Tough Girl
Lulu (Scizor) (F) @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- U-Turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch

Miss tough girl serves as my revenge killer, Pursuit trapper and general harrassment partner with Rotom-W to force. Scizor helps me punch holes through threats like Terrakion, Tyranitar, and Gengar with Bullet Punch. With Pursuit Scizor traps threats like Latios, Latias, Alakazam and Starmie though I have to beware of Scald's burn from the ladder. Finally U-Turn allows me scout teams and harass switches with Rotom-W who will Volt Turn after Scizor. Superpower does a nice job inflicting heavy damage to Pokemon neutral to Fighting. It also OHKO and 2HKO threats like Blissey, Chansey, Heatran, Ferrothorn and Lucario. I have to beware of the Defense and Attack drop though forcing me to switch after using it twice. Technician Boosts the power Bullet Punch to sick levels as well as Pursuit when foes don't switch out. Choice Band gives her enough damage to punch through several trucks though also locks her into a move so I have to be careful. I went with the usual Bulky EV spread allowing her to take a strong shot and OHKO back.

The Tom Boy
Tesla (Rotom-W) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Hp / 28 SpA / 228 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will o Wisp
- Pain Split

The tom boy serves with Scizor as a VoltTurn core. She uses Hydro Pump dent Pokemon neutral to it and OHKOing others weak to water. Volt Switch allows her to scout and annoy teams with Scizor. Volt Switch also hits Electric weak Pokemon hard on switch like Politoed, Starmie, Keldeo, Skarmory, Jellicent, and Gyaradoes. Will o Wisp cripples physical threats that try to switch into Rotom-W like Breloom. Pain Split is her only form of recovery and works well agains't Blissey/Chansey who will try to stall her. A Calm nature allows her to tank special hits including Hurricanes from the likes of Volcarona and Dragonite. Leftovers increases her survivability and hells over damage from sandstorm. Levitate is her only ability but a great one which leaves her with one weakness and a switch in to ground attacks aimed at Nidoqueen. This EV spread lets her take as many hits as possible and have enough power to OHKO Gliscor with Hydro Pump.

The Free Spirit
Aella (Infernape) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge
- U-Turn

This free spirit gal is my revenge killer and cleaner. Her job is consist of sweeping through a weaken team or a team with her checks removed. Close Combat is her main STAB taking out threats to my team like Ferrothorn, Heatran, Terrakion, Tyranitar and Weavile. Flare Blitz lets me handle steel types that resist or are neutral to Close Combat like Skarmory, Forretress, Scizor, Jirachi, Bronzong and Grass types including Breloom or Celebi. Stone Edge lets me handle Volcarona who would otherwise threatens my team and also handles Thundurus-T who also threatens my team. U-Turn is her final move that lets her scout teams and hit Pokemon like Latios, Latias, Starmie and Alakazam who will switch in on Infernape. Choice Scarf allows her to outspeed many threats non scarf Latias, Latios, Weavile, Starmie, Alakazam, Volcarona and Scarfed Pokemon like Salamence. Blaze was choose since it boost Flare Blitz damage when her health is low as well as the fact female Infernapes lack Iron Fist. I went with an EV spread which further adds to her damage and speed combined with her scarf.

Importable:
Code:
Froslass (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Curse Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature 
- Spikes
- Ice Beam
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond

[COLOR=black]Garchomp (F) @ Leftovers[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Trait: Rough Skin[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Jolly Nature [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]- Stealth Rock[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]- Dragon Tail[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]- Earthquake[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]- Fire Blast[/COLOR]

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Def / 224 Spe
Timid Nature 
- Psyshock
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Scizor (F) @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- U-Turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Hp / 28 SpA / 228 SpD
Calm Nature 
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunderwave
- Pain Split

[COLOR=black]Infernape (F) @ Choice Scarf[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Trait: Blaze[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Jolly Nature [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]- Close Combat[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]- Flare Blitz[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]- Stone Edge[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]- U-Turn[/COLOR]
Conclusion

I had a lot of fun with this team's theme. It's been by far the funnest team I've used and most successful. This team suffers from a few threats but haven't faced anything that has outright swept my team. Since this team is all female (I count genderless as female) I am against advice that involves male only Pokemon like the Kami Trio or Latios. I also won't use overly manly/ugly Pokemon like Conkeldurr or Snorlax. Thanks for anyone who reads this and for any rates. Also thanks to anyone who gives my team a Luvdisc.

You've got a great team and you presented it really well! I think the only thing I have to tell you is take great care of Froslass when facing anti-lead Pokemon like Weavile and Azelf. Both of those Pokemon can learn Taunt and can stop your Pokemon from setting up spikes. Other than that, you're good to go!

In fact, I would be happy to battle your ladi-I mean, Pokemon at any time.

Hi nice team :)

Ok so Electric-type in general look very annoying for your team to face. With Rotom-W and Thunderous-T being the most notable. These pokemon are both commonly found on rain and with your team being weatherless they can both fully abuse their boosted Hydro Pumps and accurate Thunders respectively. Your only Electric-type resist/immunity (Nidoqueen) is completely destroyed by Thunderous-T's Hidden Power [Ice] and Rotom-W's Hydro Pump. Rotom-W also resists all of Nidiqueens moves and Thunderous-T outspeeds it. If your team is weakened Agility Thunderou-T is capable of sweeping because it resists Scizors Bullet Punch and can smash it with Thunder and it also outspeeds your whole team after a boost. All it needs is some prior damage on Rotom-W and it can use Hidden Power [Ice] and Thunder to beat Scizor, Dragonite, Starmie, Rotom-W and Nidoqueen. Rotom-W can cripple Scizor and Dragonite with status if Dragonites Lum Berry is used and can just hurt Scizor with a rain boosted Hydro Pump anyway. Rock Polish Landorus can work in a similar way and can sweep late game if Scizor has already been ko'd.

A nice way to help you against these three Pokemon is to use a Defensive Celebi>Nidoqueen not only does Celebi look girly but she is a good check to Rotom-W resisting its Stab moves and having Natural Cure to avoid status attempts. This Celebi however is slightly tweaked from the standard version through the use of Hidden Power [Ice] so you can hit Landorus and Thunderous-T super effectively. Giga Drain lets you hit Rotom-W super effectively as well as giving you a from of recovery which lets Celebi live for quite a long time when combined with Recover. Stealth Rock is the last move which is obviously there so you don't lose it with Nidoqueen gone. The only downside to using Celebi is it increases your teams weakness to ghost and dark. However Scizor can handle these pretty well with Pursuit, U-turn and Superpower.

My only other suggestion is using Will-o-Wisp>Thunderwave on Rotom-W. This makes it harder for your opponent to switch in Thunderous-T or Landorus on Rotom-W when they are predicting the Volt Switch or Thunderwave. With strong priority on Scizor and Dragonite slowing down threats isn't a top prioity and Will-o-Wisp gives Dragonite an easier time setting up on physical threats.

Good luck with the team I hope I Helped!

Sets

Celebi @ Leftovers | Natural Cure
Calm | 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Giga Drain | Stealth Rock | Recover | Hidden Power [Ice]

TL;DR
Nidoqueen--->Celebi

Rotom-W
.Thunderwave--->Will-o-Wisp

~Supeprowerdude

Your team is pretty innovative, but I think you can improve on it. The biggest problem I see is the lack of speed on such an offensive team, as you won't be able to keep up if your opponent is able to bombard you with hits from a Choice Scarf user (or a fast Pokemon in general). You neither have the defensive capabilities to deal with that through switching, nor the offensive capabilities to beat down these threats by sacking a Pokemon and gaining momentum. For this reason, I believe you should make a few changes to some of your offensive Pokemon.

Dragonite is my favorite Pokemon, but in this metagame, it's far inferior to its BW1 self. I don't think it's really pulling its weight on this team, especially because it can still be comfortably revenge killed by most common Choice Scarf users, all of which will be able to take a +1 ExtremeSpeed. I would choose a faster Pokemon for this slot, especially because you aim to sweep with the Pokemon here during the end-game. Perhaps a SubSalac Terrakion or a Dragon Dance Salamence would work. I would go with the SubSalac Terrakion because it provides a faster sweeper that can force a lot of switches and work through opposing teams fairly easily. A set with a spread of 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe, a Jolly nature, a Salac Berry, and a moveset of Substitute / Swords Dance / Close Combat / Stone Edge would be optimal. Rotom-W beats all the major counters to SubSalac Terrakion, so it shouldn't be a problem.

If you do go with a Dragon Dance Salamence here, you'll have to be extremely careful around offensive rain teams. Most will carry a Choice Scarf Keldeo who can demolish your team, as it only needs Rotom-W to faint (not a hard task). In either case, I would recommend a Choice Scarf user to patch up some weaknesses to faster threats; however, there's honestly very little room on your team, as entry hazards and a spinner take up three members, and your VoltTurn core takes up two more. With a sweeper, you're stuck with all your Pokemon. That being said, you do have Scizor to switch into Dragon-types after they use Outrage, and Rotom-W covers Keldeo fairly well. You could consider a Choice Scarf Rotom-W with Hidden Power Ice to deal with Thundurus-T, or a Celebi over Nidoqueen (as Superpowerdude pointed out) could work as well, though your only Rock-type resistance would be your own Terrakion, so that's a bit rough.

As long as you watch out for Volcarona and Thundurus-T, your team should be fine, but it requires a lot of careful play. Regardless, cool team and good luck. I hope I helped.

Team has been updated and changes are marked in bold red. Thanks for the rate Harsha and SuperPowerDude. I tried Celebi and she was good but replacing Nidoqueen removed my Terrakion check. Also having three Pokemon weak to pursuit users really made things bad for my team if Scizor died early. Instead I replaced Nidoqueen with Garchomp who can still handle Terrakion but can also phaze out opponents with Dragon Tail taking advantage of having so many hazards on the field. Thundurus-T remains a threat to it though. The only other Stealth Rock abusing that can handle Thundurus would be Swampert but I dunno if she'd be any other value to the team. I made the Thunder Wave change to Will o Wisp and its been amazing at crippling Breloom who seems to switch into Rotom-W often. I took your advice on replacing Dragonite Harsha and went with Infernape to help cover my two biggest weaknesses with Volcarona and Thundurus-T. Infernape has done a nice job removing both threats. I would have gone with Salamence or Terrakion but both go agaisnt the female theme with their more manly appearance XD

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi. Your team was rated in the latest RMT Workshop. The portion of the log dedicated to your team can be seen below.

[2013-02-16 15:58:14] <Pirates_vs_Ninjas> Here's a team I was asked to rate: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3479253
[2013-02-16 15:58:16] <ium> discriminating
[2013-02-16 15:58:21] <ium> slander
[2013-02-16 15:58:22] <BlackRussian> lol
[2013-02-16 15:58:22] <ium> imo
[2013-02-16 15:58:28] <Jirachee> oh we can rate that tnt
[2013-02-16 15:58:31] -->| PC2 (~PC@synIRC-12CCB077.cinci.res.rr.com) has joined #ratemyteam
[2013-02-16 15:58:34] <Party_Starter> garchomp is not a diva
[2013-02-16 15:58:36] <ium> i am
[2013-02-16 15:58:36] <ium> hated
[2013-02-16 15:58:38] <ium> :'(
[2013-02-16 15:58:38] <Party_Starter> it is a chomper
[2013-02-16 15:58:41] <Party_Starter> I don't hate you ium
[2013-02-16 15:58:42] <Party_Starter> n_n
[2013-02-16 15:58:45] <Jirachee> although
[2013-02-16 15:58:45] <--| ficcion has left #ratemyteam
[2013-02-16 15:58:46] <ium> your opinion doesn't count tho
[2013-02-16 15:58:49] <Jirachee> it does have
[2013-02-16 15:58:51] <Jirachee> infernape
[2013-02-16 15:58:52] <Jirachee> so 9.9
[2013-02-16 15:58:53] <--| PC2 has left #ratemyteam
[2013-02-16 15:58:54] <Pirates_vs_Ninjas> I think that I should be the one that picks teams for the RMT workshops.
[2013-02-16 15:58:54] |<-- PryorConvictions has left irc.synirc.net (Broken pipe)
[2013-02-16 15:59:00] <ium> n
[2013-02-16 15:59:05] <ium> must be nu team
[2013-02-16 15:59:12] <TGMDoom> infernape a_a
[2013-02-16 15:59:18] <TGMDoom> such a bad mon
[2013-02-16 15:59:23] =-= Mode #ratemyteam +v tab by Party_Starter
[2013-02-16 15:59:26] <Party_Starter> n_n
[2013-02-16 15:59:31] <TGMDoom> ro jirachee have you seen the warstory in overused?
[2013-02-16 15:59:33] <Jirachee> yeah his scarfer is useless against rain
[2013-02-16 15:59:35] <Pirates_vs_Ninjas> Who's worse, Infernape or Froslass?
[2013-02-16 15:59:35] <TGMDoom> the ctp one
[2013-02-16 15:59:43] <Jirachee> yeah I saw doom lol
[2013-02-16 15:59:45] <Party_Starter> infernape
[2013-02-16 16:00:01] <TGMDoom> did you see the slops section?
[2013-02-16 16:00:05] <Jirachee> yes
[2013-02-16 16:00:05] <TGMDoom> :]
[2013-02-16 16:00:06] <Jirachee> a_a
[2013-02-16 16:00:11] <ium> there's this team
[2013-02-16 16:00:13] <ium> i dont want to touch because
[2013-02-16 16:00:17] <ium> this guy doesnt want to get rid of
[2013-02-16 16:00:18] <ium> curse golurk
[2013-02-16 16:00:23] <Honus> lol
[2013-02-16 16:00:27] <BlackRussian> lol
[2013-02-16 16:00:27] <TGMDoom> did yo usee how I put you down as my aborted baby
[2013-02-16 16:00:36] <Honus> i remember zeb tried to rate a team and the guy said no
[2013-02-16 16:00:38] <Pirates_vs_Ninjas> whatisthisidonteven
[2013-02-16 16:00:45] <Honus> and wouldnt change any pkmn
[2013-02-16 16:00:47] <Party_Starter> [16:00:28] <+Honus> i remember zeb tried to rate a team and the guy said no
[2013-02-16 16:00:50] <Party_Starter> story of my life
[2013-02-16 16:00:59] <BlackRussian> for the team Pirates_vs_Ninjas gave
[2013-02-16 16:01:15] <BlackRussian> I think Froslass can be replaced
[2013-02-16 16:01:17] <Party_Starter> tnt
[2013-02-16 16:01:23] <Party_Starter> why is your irc name so bad
[2013-02-16 16:01:27] <BlackRussian> as well as ape
[2013-02-16 16:01:29] <Pirates_vs_Ninjas> Hey BlackRussian, just call me TNT. Easier to type.
[2013-02-16 16:01:35] <Party_Starter> tnt
[2013-02-16 16:01:36] <Party_Starter> why is your irc name so bad
[2013-02-16 16:01:37] <BlackRussian> oh
[2013-02-16 16:01:38] <BlackRussian> ok
[2013-02-16 16:01:41] <BlackRussian> well do
[2013-02-16 16:01:44] <BlackRussian> will *
[2013-02-16 16:01:46] <ium> [16:00:14] <+Honus> i remember zeb tried to rate a team and the guy said no
[2013-02-16 16:01:48] <ium> because
[2013-02-16 16:01:50] <ium> you need to
[2013-02-16 16:01:51] <ium> lov ur pkmn
[2013-02-16 16:01:53] <Pirates_vs_Ninjas> Also Funk, I forgot the pass to my TNT alt.
[2013-02-16 16:02:00] <Honus> :)!
[2013-02-16 16:02:09] <Party_Starter> irc nicks expire
[2013-02-16 16:02:19] <Pirates_vs_Ninjas> I'll check if it's expired now.
[2013-02-16 16:02:19] =-= Party_Starter is now known as tnt
[2013-02-16 16:02:24] <tnt> this isn't registered
[2013-02-16 16:02:24] <Pirates_vs_Ninjas> Thanks for the tip.
[2013-02-16 16:02:30] =-= tnt is now known as Party_Starter
[2013-02-16 16:02:33] =-= ium is now known as tnt
[2013-02-16 16:02:34] <tnt> gg
[2013-02-16 16:02:36] <tnt> you're a goner
[2013-02-16 16:02:37] <Pirates_vs_Ninjas> Thanks.
[2013-02-16 16:02:37] <Party_Starter> going for it
[2013-02-16 16:02:45] |<-- AFKC has left irc.synirc.net (Ping timeout)
[2013-02-16 16:02:57] <Party_Starter> ium, did you group it
[2013-02-16 16:03:21] <TGMDoom> this isn't
[2013-02-16 16:03:22] <tnt> do you want me to
[2013-02-16 16:03:37] <TGMDoom> the best wrkshop ever
[2013-02-16 16:03:42] <Jirachee> lol
[2013-02-16 16:03:59] <Jirachee> ok so
[2013-02-16 16:04:00] =-= Pirates_vs_Ninjas is now known as Trinitrotoluene
[2013-02-16 16:04:05] <Jirachee> for Beautiful Life
[2013-02-16 16:04:09] <Jirachee> he needs to change his scarfer
[2013-02-16 16:04:14] <Jirachee> infernape is just
[2013-02-16 16:04:15] <Jirachee> bad
[2013-02-16 16:04:19] <Party_Starter> the best
[2013-02-16 16:04:28] <BlackRussian> Terrakion over Ape?
[2013-02-16 16:04:30] <Party_Starter> infernape@the.best
[2013-02-16 16:04:31] <TGMDoom> repost team imo
[2013-02-16 16:04:44] <Jirachee> http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3479253
[2013-02-16 16:04:45] <skybot> Jirachee: Pirates_vs_Ninjas linked that 6 minutes ago.
[2013-02-16 16:05:01] <Jirachee> !kb skybot
[2013-02-16 16:05:02] =-= Mode #ratemyteam +b *!*skybot@synIRC-EEB3A900.e.vilgeni.us by Porygon2
[2013-02-16 16:05:02] =-= skybot was booted from #ratemyteam by Porygon2 (Requested (Jirachee))
[2013-02-16 16:05:15] <Trinitrotoluene> Alright. Finally got this alt wrested under my control. Terrakion > Infernape IMO.
[2013-02-16 16:05:21] <Party_Starter> jirachee
[2013-02-16 16:05:24] <Party_Starter> I have a query
[2013-02-16 16:05:32] <Jirachee> Hello
[2013-02-16 16:05:35] <Party_Starter> are you a tryanitar baised team builder
[2013-02-16 16:05:53] <Jirachee> KelTar a Tryanitar + Keldeo baised team
[2013-02-16 16:05:54] <Jirachee> ?
[2013-02-16 16:06:02] <Party_Starter> y
[2013-02-16 16:06:11] <Jirachee> lol
[2013-02-16 16:06:13] <Jirachee> anyway
[2013-02-16 16:06:16] <Party_Starter> are you tryanitar baised
[2013-02-16 16:06:22] <Party_Starter> based tyranitar
[2013-02-16 16:06:41] <Honus> lol
[2013-02-16 16:06:44] <Honus> that team is so based
[2013-02-16 16:06:48] <Trinitrotoluene> TTar + Keldeo is cool.
[2013-02-16 16:07:10] <Trinitrotoluene> So, what are we rating now?
[2013-02-16 16:07:19] <Jirachee> beautiful life
[2013-02-16 16:07:32] <BlackRussian> the Beautiful life team
[2013-02-16 16:07:45] =-= tnt is now known as jurachee
[2013-02-16 16:07:49] <jurachee> :|
[2013-02-16 16:07:59] <Jirachee> :|
[2013-02-16 16:08:10] <BlackRussian> IMO I say Scarf Terrakion over Ape
[2013-02-16 16:08:27] <Jirachee> scarf terra works I guess
[2013-02-16 16:08:35] <Trinitrotoluene> Thank you. Also ium, if you want, you can keep the TNT alt.
[2013-02-16 16:08:49] <jurachee> but
[2013-02-16 16:08:50] =-= Trinitrotoluene is now known as mui
[2013-02-16 16:08:51] <jurachee> i dont need it
[2013-02-16 16:08:53] <jurachee> i have this
[2013-02-16 16:08:55] =-= jurachee is now known as zebraiken
[2013-02-16 16:09:02] <zebraiken> :)
[2013-02-16 16:09:07] =-= zebraiken is now known as ium
[2013-02-16 16:09:23] =-= Party_Starter is now known as idumb
[2013-02-16 16:09:26] <idumb> n_n
[2013-02-16 16:09:28] <ium> n_n
[2013-02-16 16:09:31] <ium> n_u
[2013-02-16 16:09:32] =-= idumb is now known as Funkasaurus
[2013-02-16 16:09:37] =-= Honus is now known as Vrai_Espoir
[2013-02-16 16:09:42] =-= mui is now known as Trinitrotoluene
[2013-02-16 16:09:51] <Vrai_Espoir> n_n
[2013-02-16 16:09:54] =-= ium is now known as vrai
[2013-02-16 16:09:55] <TGMDoom> could try scarf land
[2013-02-16 16:09:55] <TGMDoom> for that volturn
[2013-02-16 16:09:55] <vrai> n_n
[2013-02-16 16:10:04] <Jirachee> oh yeah
[2013-02-16 16:10:09] <Jirachee> that's a possibility too
[2013-02-16 16:10:26] <Trinitrotoluene> Landy also gives him another immunity to Spikes.
[2013-02-16 16:10:46] <Funkasaurus> scarf landorus, more like terrible
[2013-02-16 16:10:53] <Vrai_Espoir> lol
[2013-02-16 16:11:02] <Vrai_Espoir> which team is this?
[2013-02-16 16:11:10] <BlackRussian> http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3479253
[2013-02-16 16:11:11] <Trinitrotoluene> http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3479253
[2013-02-16 16:11:12] <BlackRussian> this one
[2013-02-16 16:11:17] <BlackRussian> ninja'd
[2013-02-16 16:11:23] <Vrai_Espoir> lol
[2013-02-16 16:11:30] <Vrai_Espoir> jesus why cant people use real pictures
[2013-02-16 16:11:49] <vrai> karpman
[2013-02-16 16:11:50] <vrai> n_n
[2013-02-16 16:12:06] <BlackRussian> instead of Scarf Lando would SF RP Lando work?
[2013-02-16 16:12:08] <Vrai_Espoir> n_n
[2013-02-16 16:12:09] <Funkasaurus> :'(
[2013-02-16 16:12:16] <Vrai_Espoir> this is like heists team low calorie edition
[2013-02-16 16:12:30] <Jirachee> no
[2013-02-16 16:12:32] <Funkasaurus> honus
[2013-02-16 16:12:34] <Funkasaurus> did you know
[2013-02-16 16:12:34] <Jirachee> he needs a scarfer
[2013-02-16 16:12:36] <BlackRussian> who is heists?
[2013-02-16 16:12:38] <Funkasaurus> your name rhymes with
[2013-02-16 16:12:38] <Funkasaurus> bonus
[2013-02-16 16:12:39] <Funkasaurus> !
[2013-02-16 16:12:41] <Vrai_Espoir> !_!
[2013-02-16 16:12:46] <Jirachee> I think terra is the best choice though
[2013-02-16 16:12:49] <Vrai_Espoir> hmm the garchomp set
[2013-02-16 16:12:53] <Vrai_Espoir> doesnt seem verygood
[2013-02-16 16:12:57] <Vrai_Espoir> he might as well just do sd sr
[2013-02-16 16:13:18] <Vrai_Espoir> latios also tears him a new one if it has hp fire
[2013-02-16 16:13:27] <Vrai_Espoir> or you wear down sciz
[2013-02-16 16:14:49] <BlackRussian> I agree with the Latios thing
[2013-02-16 16:15:24] <Vrai_Espoir> started from the bottom now we here
[2013-02-16 16:15:33] <BlackRussian> no
[2013-02-16 16:15:37] <BlackRussian> stop that
[2013-02-16 16:17:24] <Trinitrotoluene> Landorus-T > Garchomp as a SR setter?
[2013-02-16 16:18:30] <BlackRussian> yes plus he need could use a Terrakion switch in
[2013-02-16 16:19:41] <Jirachee> hm sorry I was doing something else
[2013-02-16 16:19:54] <Jirachee> why would you drop chomp for lando-t
[2013-02-16 16:20:43] <Trinitrotoluene> Rak switch-in and VoltTurn momentum starter. Also, Chomp isn't the best SR setter in the world.
[2013-02-16 16:20:58] <TGMDoom> hmm
[2013-02-16 16:21:06] <Jirachee> chomp is like
[2013-02-16 16:21:13] <Jirachee> one of the best srers
[2013-02-16 16:21:15] <Vrai_Espoir> i think its a decent sr setter
[2013-02-16 16:21:21] <Vrai_Espoir> he just should run sr sd
[2013-02-16 16:21:22] <TGMDoom> lol
[2013-02-16 16:21:25] <Vrai_Espoir> not the set he has now
[2013-02-16 16:21:28] <Jirachee> yeah
[2013-02-16 16:21:31] <Jirachee> his set is
[2013-02-16 16:21:32] <Jirachee> Not Good
[2013-02-16 16:21:34] <Trinitrotoluene> Iunno, I never really liked Chomp as a SR setter.
[2013-02-16 16:21:35] <BlackRussian> why SR Sd?
[2013-02-16 16:21:35] <Vrai_Espoir> NG
[2013-02-16 16:21:40] <TGMDoom> sash y/y
[2013-02-16 16:21:41] <TGMDoom> lol
[2013-02-16 16:21:52] <Vrai_Espoir> because it threatens shit like hippowdon or anything really
[2013-02-16 16:21:59] <Vrai_Espoir> eh maybe lum
[2013-02-16 16:22:02] <Jirachee> sr sd is the best at gaining momentum
[2013-02-16 16:22:20] <Trinitrotoluene> Huh. I never really tried that out.
[2013-02-16 16:22:20] <BlackRussian> oh ok
[2013-02-16 16:22:41] <BlackRussian> I've used chomp so im jw
[2013-02-16 16:22:47] <BlackRussian> never used*
[2013-02-16 16:23:02] <Trinitrotoluene> We still need to replace that Infernape.
[2013-02-16 16:23:12] <Jirachee> yeah
[2013-02-16 16:23:13] <BlackRussian> yeah
[2013-02-16 16:23:28] <Jirachee> is there anything this team's weak to
[2013-02-16 16:23:30] <BlackRussian> I think we agree on ScarfRakion?
[2013-02-16 16:23:39] <Jirachee> wait
[2013-02-16 16:23:43] <Jirachee> we can choose a scarfer
[2013-02-16 16:23:44] <Vrai_Espoir> he doesnt look like he has a fun time vs sun teams
[2013-02-16 16:23:49] <Jirachee> based on this team's needs
[2013-02-16 16:24:27] <Trinitrotoluene> Venusaur tears him a new one if it can set up.
[2013-02-16 16:24:55] <Vrai_Espoir> offensive tran maybe
[2013-02-16 16:25:04] <Vrai_Espoir> volc looks kinda gay too
[2013-02-16 16:26:02] <Vrai_Espoir> playing vs rotom-w looks like adisaster too
[2013-02-16 16:26:14] <Vrai_Espoir> i think a hydreigon or lati@s would greatly benefit him
[2013-02-16 16:26:38] <Jirachee> latios is not good against venusaur
[2013-02-16 16:26:42] <Jirachee> latias works though!
[2013-02-16 16:27:06] <Trinitrotoluene> Scarf Latias looks like an interesting replacement. Too bad 72 / 4 / 252 / 180 Timid is the new 4 / 252 / 252 Modest.
[2013-02-16 16:27:19] <Jirachee> uh scarf latias
[2013-02-16 16:27:21] <Trinitrotoluene> Actually, forget the Scarf.
[2013-02-16 16:27:23] <Jirachee> is just
[2013-02-16 16:27:24] <Vrai_Espoir> scarf latias what
[2013-02-16 16:27:25] <Jirachee> not good
[2013-02-16 16:27:30] <Trinitrotoluene> I know.
[2013-02-16 16:27:52] -->| Mihawk (Mibbit@synIRC-456B0AA8.bb.sky.com) has joined #ratemyteam
[2013-02-16 16:27:56] <Trinitrotoluene> That's why I said forget the Scarf. I was going to suggest Scarf Latios, but then I changed my mind.
[2013-02-16 16:28:08] <Jirachee> scarf latios
[2013-02-16 16:28:12] <Jirachee> doesn't outspeed venusaur
[2013-02-16 16:28:13] <Jirachee> .-.
[2013-02-16 16:28:21] <Trinitrotoluene> I just forgot to remove the Scarf in that statement. Sheesh, don't drag on me for it.
<TGMDoom> g2g sorry
<TGMDoom> :(
<TGMDoom> spl shenanigans
*** TGMDoom left #ratemyteam []
<Jirachee> bbl
<Jirachee> tnt is hosting
*** Jirachee [Jirachee@1.2.3.4.fires.in.your.eyes] has quit [Quit: losed]
<AB2> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tklYWVV-xY
<Trinitrotoluene> Welp, I'm taking responsibility, I guess.
<Trinitrotoluene> So, where did we last leave off?
<BlackRussian> umm
<BlackRussian> we brought up Scarf Latios
<BlackRussian> but its doesnt outspeed Venusaur
*** Tanner [~chatzilla@D6AF8349.E3591564.F9AFA4E4.IP] has joined #ratemyteam
<Trinitrotoluene> Okay. That proposition was shot down a bit ago.
*** penguinx [sl@ths.aregreat] has quit [Quit: penguinx]
<Trinitrotoluene> Recap for those that are joining us: we're rating this team: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3479253
<BlackRussian> so a scarfer is needed
<Trinitrotoluene> And the changes established so far are: SR SD Chomp > his current Chomp.
<Trinitrotoluene> We're discussing replacements for his Scarf Infernape.
<BlackRussian> Latios and terrakion werent going to work
<BlackRussian> yea
<Trinitrotoluene> We came across Latias most recently.
<Trinitrotoluene> <Trinitrotoluene> Venusaur tears him a new one if it can set up. <Vrai_Espoir> offensive tran maybe <Vrai_Espoir> volc looks kinda gay too <Vrai_Espoir> playing vs rotom-w looks like adisaster too <Vrai_Espoir> i think a hydreigon or lati@s would greatly benefit him
<AB2> well yeah obv it's weatherless offense
<AB2> it's going to be weak to sun no matter what p much
<AB2> unless you add weather
*** vrai is now known as ium
<Trinitrotoluene> Those are the problems that we're factoring in for our search for a replacement.
<Trinitrotoluene> So, any other suggestions?
<BlackRussian> I got nothing
<Trinitrotoluene> So, we're all agreeing that LO Latias is the best replacement for his Infernape?
<BlackRussian> umm
<BlackRussian> i think that should work
<AB2> why
<Jayde> er
<AB2> im not really sure how much it would help with venusaur
<AB2> not really much at all...
<AB2> +2 sludge bomb just kos
*** Jayde is now known as vuIpix
*** Vrai_Espoir is now known as Honus
<LizardMan2> Oh is this a seminar?
<BlackRussian> yes
<LizardMan2> Oh cool
<vuIpix> shoutout to my mom and dad
<BlackRussian> http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3479253
<BlackRussian> heres the team we are rating
<AB2> it's weatherless offense it's going to be really tough to fix a venu weak
<BlackRussian> we established so far
<AB2> w.o adding weather
<AB2> lol
<BlackRussian> that Chomp >>> to SD SR Chomp
<BlackRussian> and we are still working of the Venusaur problem
<LizardMan2> Looks kinda weak to LO Latios
<LizardMan2> A well played LO Latios could probably hammer that team really hard
<LizardMan2> Oh
<LizardMan2> Infernape is scarf
<LizardMan2> nvm
<LizardMan2> helps a little bit
*** vuIpix is now known as Jayde
<BlackRussian> Like @AB2 said the Venusaur thing is going to be an issue regardless
<BlackRussian> since its a weatherless team
<LizardMan2> Oh
<LizardMan2> Breloom looks annoying
<LizardMan2> The bulky ones
<LizardMan2> So Latios is starting to sound kind of good, and so does the more offensive chomp
<LizardMan2> I'd probably do LO Latias though
<LizardMan2> A little better for Breloom and Venusaur since its bulkier. Not ideal, but it is a common problem with weatherless offense
<Trinitrotoluene> Alright. I'm back from lunch. So, LO Latias over Infernape?
<LizardMan2> He has Garchomp / latios to help deal with sub, venu has trouble setting up vs him anyway
<LizardMan2> Worst case scenario is
*** Honus left #ratemyteam []
<LizardMan2> Scizor locked into pursuit
<LizardMan2> Even if its like Rotom-w vs Venusaur
<LizardMan2> You could always WoW, switch to Scizor if you think they will Giga Drain
<LizardMan2> Then Bullet Punch
<LizardMan2> Im not worried about +2 growth. Im more concerned about an aggressive Venusaur which just starts attacking everything
<Trinitrotoluene> Doesn't Latias live a +2 Sludge Bomb and OHKO with LO Psyshock?
<LizardMan2> and wears all the switch ins down
<LizardMan2> Im unsure
<LizardMan2> Life Orb Venu probably kills it
<LizardMan2> but those are less common I think
<Trinitrotoluene> I'll run calcs.
*** dragonuser [dragonuser@synIRC-45742AD8.dc.dc.cox.net] has quit [Quit: ]
<Trinitrotoluene> 252 SpA Life Orb Venusaur Sludge Bomb vs. 72 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 129-152 (40.43 - 47.64%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
<Trinitrotoluene> +2 252 SpA Life Orb Venusaur Sludge Bomb vs. 72 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 253-300 (79.31 - 94.04%) -- 43.75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
<AB2> still very shaky
<Trinitrotoluene> I agree, but again, this is weatherless offense.
*** Funkasaurus [a.c@t.scratch.a.whiplash.a.witch.hunt.in.black.sandpaper] has quit [Quit: Still I wait with a hope inside of me.]
*** Delko [~Delko@synIRC-E9128036.access.telenet.be] has quit [Quit: requiescat in pace]
*** undisputed [~undispute@synIRC-56E4AF4D.wap.redshift.com] has quit [Quit: ]
<BlackRussian> Are we going with LO Latios?
<Trinitrotoluene> So, in conclusion, the changes are: SR SD Chomp ====> his current Chomp, and LO Latias ====> Infernape.
<Trinitrotoluene> Did I miss anything?
<Trinitrotoluene> I'll take your silence as a no then.

Sets:
Garchomp @ Focus Sash | Rough Skin
Jolly | 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Stealth Rock | Outrage | Earthquake | Swords Dance

Latias @ Life Orb | Levitate
Timid | 144 HP / 112 SpA / 252 Spe | 2 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
Draco Meteor | Psyshock | Hidden Power | Roost

Nitpicks:
    • your Chomp ====> SR SD Garchomp
  • ====>

Good luck with your team.

This is a very innovative and interesting team. I like the way you nicknamed your pokemon and I also like the pictures :). I recommend replacing Garchomp with bulky multiscale D-Nite. It does a better job of phazing, and also gives access to extremespeed and the ability to take hits well. I feel that stealth rocks are not necessary because you already have some form of entry hazards. I also think that scarfed keldeo may do a better job than scarfed infernape as a revenge killer. Hydro Pump should also replace scald on Rotom. It is much more favorable to get the OHKO on those pokemon rather than the chance of status. I hope this helped!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)