Pokémon Bisharp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Bisharp can't learn Knock Off in XY, is it still viable?

It still has Sucker Punch...
If you're looking to use it on battle spot and need a strong dark attack, night slash is still an option. Or if you want a set for VGC, one with Assurance has been picking up traction.

Before bank was out I used a set with Sucker Punch / Iron Head / Substitute / Swords Dance in battle spot 3v3s. Sub on the switch, SD as they break it (or just hit them hard instead if they've got priority), then attack. Substitute encourages them to attack it, meaning you get to hit sucker punch more reliably.

Deleted User 220884

Banned deucer.
Bisharp with Knock off is pretty outstanding, Been using it for a while (like 2 months) and it barely ever failed me. Knock Off, makes Dusclops, Murkrows(lol), Chanseys, and most annoying Porygons practically useless. I've been using this set so far (used it on showdown too):

Bisharp) @ Life Orb
Ability:Defiant
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Substitute

Substitute, is the key to this set most of the times. Like when versing Mega Venusaur, I can easily substitute, and avoid the Sleep Power/Leech Seed, while I can easily Iron head them back. Or when against Dusclops/Rotom-W I can easily substitute on them and block the burns, and nab kos by using Knock Off. Sometimes, people think I carry SD, and taunt me when I get a chance to damage them with Iron Head or Knock Off.

One more thing, Knock Off literally gets KOs on most Aegislash's on Battle spot. (most seem to carry weakness policy)
Also is Psycho Cut viable on this thing? -thanks

Also is Psycho Cut viable on this thing? -thanks
Psycho Cut is decent on an all-out attacking set to hit Keldeo on the switch, as Sucker Punch always kills from there. It's tough to find a moveslot for it though, and it doesn't hit much else. In fact Keldeo is the only reason to even consider Psycho Cut.

What is everyone's opinion on the SubSD set from fifth generation? defiant activates even through substitute, and Bisharp has just enough speed to avoid status from slower walls including uninvested rotom. It's physical defence and typing means a bulky spread could be used to avoid having your substitute broken by said slower walls too. Steel no longer walls both your STABs and defog makes potential defiant boosts even easier to come by, especially since Bisharp absolutely loves hazards and means that it benefits if the opponent defogs and if they choose not to defog. The only real downside is that Secret Sword Aegislash becomes more problematic and you're usually giving up LO (unless you play dangerously with LO and sub).

The set I'm currently using is
Bisharp@leftovers
trait: defiant
124hp/252atk/132spe
Adamant
-substitute
-swords dance
-iron head
-sucker punch

I realize Knock off is phenomenal but I've experienced hit and miss success with it so far, however I may have to retire it if it doesn't fare well at the higher end of the ladder. Mostly its successes as of right now were due to opponents simply being surprised I was carrying sub at all and then lamenting when I SD'd while they switched out. However if anyone could possibly help me optimize the 124 hp EVs to specifically help take physical hits better that would be great.

What is everyone's opinion on the SubSD set from fifth generation? defiant activates even through substitute, and Bisharp has just enough speed to avoid status from slower walls including uninvested rotom. It's physical defence and typing means a bulky spread could be used to avoid having your substitute broken by said slower walls too. Steel no longer walls both your STABs and defog makes potential defiant boosts even easier to come by, especially since Bisharp absolutely loves hazards and means that it benefits if the opponent defogs and if they choose not to defog. The only real downside is that Secret Sword Aegislash becomes more problematic and you're usually giving up LO (unless you play dangerously with LO and sub).

The set I'm currently using is
Bisharp@leftovers
trait: defiant
124hp/252atk/132spe
Adamant
-substitute
-swords dance
-iron head
-sucker punch

I realize Knock off is phenomenal but I've experienced hit and miss success with it so far, however I may have to retire it if it doesn't fare well at the higher end of the ladder. Mostly its successes as of right now were due to opponents simply being surprised I was carrying sub at all and then lamenting when I SD'd while they switched out. However if anyone could possibly help me optimize the 124 hp EVs to specifically help take physical hits better that would be great.
I used to run that set at the beginning of the XY meta, carried over from using it all the time in Gen 5. That was before Pokebank, but now, Bisharp will really miss Knock Off, though it may be more like the situation with cell phones where we don't really need them, but we have them now so we can't imagine life without them.

That said, I've always loved the sub set because of the offensive pressure it puts on the opponent - perfect to smack them with a nice sucker punch. It also alleviates a lot of the issues with things like Rotom switching in, because while it would have loved to smack them on the switch-in with Knock Off, sub+SP lets them come in just fine, and forces them to hit you (thus taking a sucker punch) before burning. I've swept entire teams with this guy and I kinda want to try it again now.

You might want to put 4 more EVs into speed, just to creep defensive Rotoms who throw the last 4 EVs into speed. Nothing better than subbing up on a Rotom trying to Wisp you.

Hey guys so I've been wanting to run an AV Bisharp in ORAS but I'm not sure on the best moveset. If anyone has had a pretty extensive use of AV Bisharp and could help me out thatd be awesome.

This is the set I've gotten so far but I'm not sure if I should use Low Kick or Sucker Punch.
Bisharp @ Assault Vest
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Low Kick / Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Pursuit

Hey guys so I've been wanting to run an AV Bisharp in ORAS but I'm not sure on the best moveset. If anyone has had a pretty extensive use of AV Bisharp and could help me out thatd be awesome.

This is the set I've gotten so far but I'm not sure if I should use Low Kick or Sucker Punch.
Bisharp @ Assault Vest
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Low Kick / Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
Sucker Punch is the superior option imo. Priority these days is really useful, and it increases your sweeping potential greatly if you catch a defiant boost. What do you intend on hitting with Low Kick anyway?

Sucker Punch is the superior option imo. Priority these days is really useful, and it increases your sweeping potential greatly if you catch a defiant boost. What do you intend on hitting with Low Kick anyway?
I really asked about low kick because I saw that it could be used for coverage on other mons such as ferrothorn or opposing bisharps. After I made that post I tested the set and I decided to use sucker punch.

I really asked about low kick because I saw that it could be used for coverage on other mons such as ferrothorn or opposing bisharps. After I made that post I tested the set and I decided to use sucker punch.
Sucker Punch, Knock Off and Iron Head should be on every Bisharp set, for AV you get to choose between Pursuit and Low Kick, assuming you want to use Bisharp to trap the Latis pursuit is the best option.

Honestly SD Bisharp is one of the most powerful and useful pokemon that i have ever used.

I had never really paid much attention to him but in the last few months its easily become my strongest mon.

Great typing offensively and defensively, great power, a tremendous ability and the simple moveset needed to capitalise on all those traits.

Bisharp is one of the greatest Physical Sweepers/ Wallbreakers in the game and the only true Defog Blocker.

I know im not saying anything new but i just wanted to share my enthusiasm on this thing.

I'm so surprised there's been no recent discussion on this when it's found two great two partners in ORAS in Sylveon and Mega Gallade; the former wiping out Slowbro and Sableye while the latter has so much offensive synergy with Bish it's insane.

I'm so surprised there's been no recent discussion on this when it's found two great two partners in ORAS in Sylveon and Mega Gallade; the former wiping out Slowbro and Sableye while the latter has so much offensive synergy with Bish it's insane.
I use that exact core on my Mega Gallade team. I replaced my Latias with Sylveon, and I have never looked back.

Honestly SD Bisharp is one of the most powerful and useful pokemon that i have ever used.

I had never really paid much attention to him but in the last few months its easily become my strongest mon.

Great typing offensively and defensively, great power, a tremendous ability and the simple moveset needed to capitalise on all those traits.

Bisharp is one of the greatest Physical Sweepers/ Wallbreakers in the game and the only true Defog Blocker.

I know im not saying anything new but i just wanted to share my enthusiasm on this thing.
With the release of ORAS I finally can get knock off Bisharp ingame

He's been standard on almost all my wifi teams thus far

It's really satisfying how good he is now because he's been my favorite since gen 5 when he wasn't that good

Also I have started using it in a team that includes SubPass Celebi and they have been liking each other a lot so far.

I use that exact core on my Mega Gallade team. I replaced my Latias with Sylveon, and I have never looked back.
As do I, with Rotom-W as an extra member, even though 'core' is usually reserved for 2-3 'mon pairings. Talonflame can pose issues to the trio, and Rotom-W just laughs at it while Volt Switching in the attackers safely.

I'm entitled to an opinion, and evidently I feel I must say something about Bisharp do to it's overwhelming performance in today's OR/AS meta. I've been investigating lately on what goes on the suspect ladder, being that Greninja hasn't been running rampant, and out of my performance I did well, except against Bisharp. Now it's odd I compliment a Pokemon I have no business using, but I have to say: "Bisharp deserves the S Rank." I know it's 4x weak to fighting, but even fighting types struggle against it being that Conkeldurr and Terrakion aren't doing too well in OR/AS, and that my Modest 220 EV's Life orb Vacuum Wave Mew is just too gimmicky for viability.

Bisharp is pretty retarded imo. There have been times where I just get random ass sweeps with it for example I send it out vs a low health target or something that is afraid of a sucker punch where I actually end up using swords dance and they lose literally all their Pokemon trying to kill it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)