Bisharp

I posted earlier, basicaly saying this pokemon was trash, but thats before i knew sucker punch was in his moovepool. Im still sceptical, but he MAY have some sort of shot a bottom tier ou. im still thinking uu though.

the quad fighting weakness is what really doomed this thing, but then again...

any strong attack that abused lucario's fire, fighting, and ground weaknesses that kirikizan share will kill it too. it's just that lucario is much faster and has a better movepool. kiri doesn't even get close combat >_>

a little too powerful in UU, but may not be good enough for OU

Upstart

Copy Cat
Ugh, it looks soooo cool, but it will have a really hard time competing with all the superpowered new pokes, a lot of which sport STAB attack that exploit his weaknesses, especially fighting. Technician breloom will be the death of this thing.

That aside, I think a rock polish set could work IF you could find a way to ensure competitive spirit gets activated. He has really similar typing as lucario, but didn't get any of the moves =/
Seriously his movepool is exceptionally barren which is ashame after making him look so BA. I just hope the third game gives him a usefull movetutor or something, unfortunately we have to wait like 2 more years. Although this is speculation I hope if he gets superpower and if he uses it it activates his ability. Until then this guy will have trouble as I can say that if he was added to gen 4 he would most likely fall to UU as Absol is better version do to higher attack, speed, and access to superpower

Seriously his movepool is exceptionally barren which is ashame after making him look so BA. I just hope the third game gives him a usefull movetutor or something, unfortunately we have to wait like 2 more years. Although this is speculation I hope if he gets superpower and if he uses it it activates his ability. Until then this guy will have trouble as I can say that if he was added to gen 4 he would most likely fall to UU as Absol is better version do to higher attack, speed, and access to superpower
Not entirely true, he has much better defensive typing than absol ,bar the quad fighting weakness, and he can actually take a phyiscal hit. hes not completely outclassed by absol as it can come in on a wider number of threats. However, he seems doomed to never touch ou, or at least not until the third version.

Yeah, it sucks that Kirikizan... sucks, as it's by far my favourite of the new designs.

Swords Dance, Rock Polish and Anti-Lead are outclassed by their respective Luke counterparts, so yeah, the only thing that seems viable was the first thing I thought of when I saw him- Choice Scarfer.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
His use is limited as many other threats outclass him. Still functioning as a sweeper in the lower tiers can work. If paired with a ghost type then perhapes his fighting weakness is less of an issue. I still don't like scarfing fighting types with the new Shadow Tag ghost flying around

EDIT why did I think it was a fighting type. Must be 1am + University syndrome

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Absol is better version do to higher attack, speed, and access to superpower
No, Kiri is a better version of Absol and will likely be used and tiered as such.

Absol's slight Atk and Spe advantages are worthless in comparison to Kiri's impressive bulk (65/100/70 isn't all that much worse than Scizor's 70/100/80) and as any SDAbsol user will tell you getting that SD is nigh on impossible unless your opponent is using Slaking. That's not the case for Kiri and his 9 resistances and 2 immunities including a SR resistance. The lack of a powerful Fighting attack is a shame but to be fair, Brick Break and Ankle Sweep have their advantages over Superpower especially on a Pokemon with decent physical defense. STAB Iron Head is okay too as far as filler moves go...it allows him to hit hard without using a secondary Dark attack like Absol is forced to do.

And lets not forget he resists Quick Attack, Ice Shard, Shadow Sneak, Extremespeed, Fake Out and Sucker Punch so priority isn't as much of an issue as it is for Absol and Competitive Spirit means he can't be beaten by Intimidate shuffling. This guy outclasses Absol tenfold tbh.

Not OU material but he has the potential to be used there and should be really potent in UU.

Kiri @ Life Orb
[nature and EVs dependant on how the metagame develops but max Atk for sure...I doubt 70 Spe will be hotly contested so might be able to get a handful of HP EVs in there]
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head / Night Slash
- Brick Break / Ankle Sweep

Night Slash is still an option as otherwise you'll have problems with stuff like Haze Milotic, Roar [insert bulky water], Slowbro etc. Iron Head is a bit stronger, has a flinch rate and has decent neutral coverage alongside the fighting attack (most notably it hits Fighting types). Ankle Sweep is probably worthless here but there could be merit in dropping 15 BP in exchange for a 100% chance of lowering the opponent's Speed, especially in conjunction with Iron Head's flinch rate.

Oh, Gamefreak, why must you always make cool Pokemon with potential that are missing one or a few key elements? Here's to hoping he gets a boost in the third game, ala big boy Scizor (although it probably won't be game-changing like that, but hey, who saw that coming?).

Upstart

Copy Cat
Lee said:
Kirikizan is better then absol
Your post has turned me into a believer. And I really do see a future as a potent lower tier threat for this guy.

Edit: I heard that self inflicted stat drops don't activate CS which makes sense. My question is if intimidated is Kirikizan now +2 negating the stat drop or only +1

He is dangerously susceptible to common priority moves (see Mach Punch, Vaccuum Wave). This will make Sucker Punch a must on most sets.

Oh, Gamefreak, why must you always make cool Pokemon with potential that are missing one or a few key elements? Here's to hoping he gets a boost in the third game, ala big boy Scizor (although it probably won't be game-changing like that, but hey, who saw that coming?).
Like Blaze Kick.

Or Mega Kick.

Or High Jump Kick.

SERIOUSLY, HE NEEDS A KICK.

Upstart

Copy Cat
Hi Jump Kick would be really nice and would apply to his theme. New 130 base power is sweet. Although the chance of missing is a let down but it is a great trade off for the power and the lack of a stat drop as super power and close combat would hinder his sweeper or cleaning ability.

Hi Jump Kick would be really nice and would apply to his theme. New 130 base power is sweet. Although the chance of missing is a let down but it is a great trade off for the power and the lack of a stat drop as super power and close combat would hinder his sweeper or cleaning ability.
I dunnow, Blaze Kick works for the "burning heart I must succeed" theme of tokusatsu characters.

consider this:

1.) Kirikizan comes in on resisted attack, forces opponent out
2.) Opponent brings in a faster poke with a strong fighting move to OHKO Kiri
3.) The new poke switches into an ANKLE SWEEP, reducing its Speed
4.) Assuming that Kirikizan was EV'ed for Speed (Rock Polish set, for example), this makes Kirikizan faster now; but will his low base power attacks, even with STAB, be enough to KO?

How do you create a Kamen Rider based Pokemon and not give him any kicking attacks?

That's all I have to say.
Off topic: He has Sucker Punch so he's Punch Hopper

Back on topic: This guy will be put in NU rather quickly despite the plethora of resistances, Priority move and Rock Polish. It's Basically Absol 2.0 but with a somewhat usable ability and toxic/sandstorm immunity.

He can do a Swords Dance + 3 attacks set, but he would need Ankle Sweep/Brick Break for coverage. SD/Sucker Punch/Stone Edge(Iron Head)/Ankle Sweep(Brick Break)?

Anti-lead seems his best bet. He gets SR, which is quite rare in the 5th gen., Metal Burst, Sucker Punch and Taunt. Shame his Speed is a total letdown.

But why does Pendoraa learn Earthquake and this guy doesn't anyway?

Aesthetically, one of my fav new b/w pokemon. But 4X fighting weakness, low speed stat, and shallow movepool (glad he can get sucker punch!) make me think he'll be a lower tier poke, probably NU, possibly low UU. Disappointing if you ask me for looking pretty dang sweet!

I havent looked over the movepool completley, but it seems like it will be let down by what weavile was let down by; low base power of its moves. Not to mention that it has neither the speed nor priority of weavile (though its got considerably better defensive typing), im iffy if this pokemon is gonna be ou.
Stone Edge, Iron Head, and Sucker Punch (herpity derp priority!!!) have low base power? O.o

People look at this thing and I guess the look of it just makes one think "sweeper" but it IS a steel type with 125 base attack, it screams tank. Pair it with a ghost or something (Shanderaa would be nice) and the quad fighting weakness could be a non-issue.

I haven't seen anyone making a big deal about this guy's quad ghost and dark resistances. And there are a ton of new ghost and dark types this gen. If you EV him like an offensive tank I see him having a niche in OU. Fighting type moves are also very predictable as almost every pokemon that has one uses it.

Kirikizan has some really great things going for him. He has the best sucker punch in the game with competitive spirit. I first thought about how good he would be vs Shanderra then realized he rapes gyarados and salamence to the point its not funny.

Damage Calcs(with boost from intimidate)

Gyarados with neutral defense nature and 4 def Ev's: 76.6%-90%
Salamence with neutral defense hature and 4 def Ev's: 75.88%-89.2%

with his intimidate boost + sucker punch hes really great.

If anything, this badass needs Close Combat so he can actually abuse Competitive Spirit.

Fuck kicking, THAT would be his niche.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)