Blaziken

What is the ideal spread for Blaziken? I'm seeing two builds now, one running 60 Att /252 SpA /196 Spd and another running 80 Atk / 200 SpA / 228 Spd which begs the question which speed tier I should want to hit.
After one turn, you will outspeed most pokes even with little investment, and an SD is really powerful with just all-out attack investment

Can somebody tell me what the specific advantages of running mixed over SD? I always figured SD had enough raw power to blast through everything, particularly with the insane BP and coverage of HJK, Stone Edge and Flare Blitz/Blaze Kick.

If that's all I can think of tons of other things that revenge better than Blaziken. That sounds like stifling its potential if that's all it does better.

If that's all I can think of tons of other things that revenge better than Blaziken. That sounds like stifling its potential if that's all it does better.
I suppose luring in and beating its usual counters if packing the right moves? It is a big problem when you expect a Blaziken to SD and it fires off a special move right away to catch you on the switch - somewhat like Mix/DDMence last gen I suppose.

The reliability of such a set is questionable, HJK, and Stone Edge are both no guarantees. Definitely take HP Electric or Grass (Electric is preferred) to deal with bulky waters.

o-O I'm surprised there's such a fuss about Speed Boost. When looking at the new info, I am actually more attracted to the concept of a Ken which uses a Typegem (combined with a STAB) and Acrobatics since the only types of Pokemon which resist Flying are weak to Fighting.

Still, I don't think this is nearly as bad as the bullet punching Scizors last gen, though the entire board has seen significant boosting to catch up with the likes of Scizor... So I'm not sure what to make of it

Thought I'd bring this discussion here.

What exactly are people running as far as nature / EVs / 3rd slot goes for Work Up MixKen? The possibilities are easily adaptable based on what you need to cover and what moves you run, but I assume its something like this:

Blaziken@Life Orb
Rash; 96 Atk / 196 SpA / 216 Spe

Work Up
Fire Blast
Hi Jump Kick
HP Ice / HP Electric / Stone Edge

Enough attack to OHKO Max/Max Bold variants of Blissey and Eviolite Chansey before a boost, and significant power otherwise. +1 HJK OHKOs Garchomp while +1 HP Ice OHKOs Latios (rocks).

+1 HP Electric OHKOs Slowbro with Stealth Rock, and 2HKOs Max/Min Bold Jellicent, so it's all up to preference. I'm assuming you could just as easily run a +Atk nature and use Stone Edge in the last slot, saving Fire Blast for physical walls like Hippowdon and Gliscor (something like Naughty 116 Atk / 176 SpA / 216 Spe OHKOs them both with Fire Blast at +1).

Hopefully they'll add move tutors in the next Gen V game. TPunch would be a nice addition for guys he can't get a SE hit on right now.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
well blaziken is sort of Uber now but either way there's way too much priority in today's meta for endureverse to pull off.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Besides Reversal lost its appeal once fighting moves received its buffs. There is no reason to cut your HP to dish out a 200 fighting move when you can dish out a 130 fighting move right off the bat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)