Blissey

Blissey's never been particularly hard to deal with in 4th Gen, and with all of the new contenders, especially a SPECIAL ATTACKER (one that doesn't even get psycho shock) that apparently warrants a move slot (or two) just to deal with, I don't see Blissey being too great anymore. There's also the meta leaning towards physical offense instead of special offense (outside of Shanderaa and some others like Starmie) making it not as great. Blissey's still a good Pokemon and all, but she's just not amazing anymore.

If you really think about it, Shanderaa can't do shit to Psych Up Blissey, but Blissey without HP Ground can't do shit to Shanderaa either so...

Just use shed shell, it not only help you vs shaderaa but also helps vs the more dangerous wobbufet. People stop overrating shaderaa is weak to all entry hazards and is frail, switching in is not easy and is trapped and killed by scarftar easily, and luring it is easier than what you may think.

Now to the real point, Blissey will be helpful in this gen, just as she was on all the older gens, specially now with the the improved wish and mosters like urugamusu and zasando running rampart. Also if you pair it with skarmory you can easily cover most of the new phsycal sweepers who can switch easely on bliss like doryuzuu, guts roopushin and the flying/ground genie

Shanderaa isn't that frail -______-

SkarmBliss won't be as hard to get past since quite a few special attackers got Psycho Shock (i think that's what it's called?)

Blissey will always be helpful. However it won't be as good this gen because the pokemon, to be blunt, hit like a fucking train.

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
How exactly does the walling capabilities of Blissey compare to those of Chansey@Pre-Evo Stone? Is either one more "useful"?

Just use shed shell, it not only help you vs shaderaa but also helps vs the more dangerous wobbufet. People stop overrating shaderaa is weak to all entry hazards and is frail, switching in is not easy and is trapped and killed by scarftar easily, and luring it is easier than what you may think.

Now to the real point, Blissey will be helpful in this gen, just as she was on all the older gens, specially now with the the improved wish and mosters like urugamusu and zasando running rampart. Also if you pair it with skarmory you can easily cover most of the new phsycal sweepers who can switch easely on bliss like doryuzuu, guts roopushin and the flying/ground genie
Once again, Shed Shell on Blissey = No leftovers, which is kinda crucial for walls. And I'll admit that the Blissey vs. Shanderaa is debatable, but Skarmory vs. Shanderaa is not.

People stop overrating shaderaa is weak to all entry hazards and is frail
Shanderaa is not as frail at she seems at a glance. My CS Shanderaa set with 4 HP EVs has survived a sun+encourage boosted Flare Blitz from a 252 ATK CS Hihidaruma. Yes, that's resisted but you have to remember how ridiculously powerful that is even with a resist. Pursuit trapping with ScarfTar may not work as well as you think.

^
That was a resisted hit quite a few pokemon can do that :P

But I agree, Shanderaa isn't as frail as Bad Romance is saying.

Does Pre-Evo stone really exist btw?

^
Encourage Boost is 1.3x iirc

I calc'd it and...it should've OHKOed Shanderaa. Maybe I'm doing the calcs wrong but even without the Encourage Boost, CB 252+ FB does 106.5-125.2% to shanderaa in the sun.

^
Encourage Boost is 1.3x iirc

I calc'd it and...it should've OHKOed Shanderaa. Maybe I'm doing the calcs wrong but even without the Encourage Boost, CB 252+ FB does 106.5-125.2% to shanderaa in the sun.
Not banded, Scarfed Hihidaruma. Clarified that to show that it wasn't orb'd or banded. My point is, Scarftar can't hurt Shanderaa with Pursuit as much as the hit it was able to tank.

I hate to be the cold pickle, but we're going off topic with this Hihidarmua/Shanderaa thing. I did a check, and HP Ground does about 102-120 (ROUGHLY) to Shanderaa, provided Blissey has no Special Attack EVs and Shanderaa has no Special Defense EVs.

I hate to be the cold pickle, but we're going off topic with this Hihidarmua/Shanderaa thing. I did a check, and HP Ground does about 102-120 (ROUGHLY) to Shanderaa, provided Blissey has no Special Attack EVs and Shanderaa has no Special Defense EVs.
Yea, we went off track. I was more of saying that Shed Shell isn't the answer to Blissey's problem with Shanderaa, as the suggested SS Blissey + ScarfTar combo doesn't work out as well as the one who suggested it thought.

Once again, Shed Shell on Blissey = No leftovers, which is kinda crucial for walls. And I'll admit that the Blissey vs. Shanderaa is debatable, but Skarmory vs. Shanderaa is not.
I tested both with shed shell and i never missed the leftovers recovery, im not just theorymoning im talking about actual test. And just for the record i used scarftar (who also check a huge amoung of new and old pokemon) with them making shanderaa useless, and then teams who needs shaderaa to take out skarmory easily walled.

half of stall team have the skarm/bliss + t-tar, even in gen 4. The 3 of them cover most threats on gen 5 giving you 3 more pokes to work with

No, wait, I take back my earlier comment. Even T-Tar won't do much.

If Shanderaa stays in and takes the Pursuit, with no defense EVs and provided T-Tar outruns him, Pursuit's only doing 114-135 if he stays in. Shanderaa has more than enough HP to stay in and burn T-Tar.

And a burnt T-Tar, especially a Scarftar, has less use than a Wiggleytuff.

EDIT: Forgot to factor in STAB. Pursuit does 170-201.

No, wait, I take back my earlier comment. Even T-Tar won't do much.

If Shanderaa stays in and takes the Pursuit, with no defense EVs and provided T-Tar outruns him, Pursuit's only doing 114-135 if he stays in. Shanderaa has more than enough HP to stay in and burn T-Tar.

And a burnt T-Tar, especially a Scarftar, has less use than a Wiggleytuff.
EXACTLY! This is what I was trying to get at with Shanderaa being bulky enough to take what almost equals out to a neutral hitting 120 physical attack off of 140 attack. Scarftar does not threaten Shanderaa at all.

Plus, those are going off of a special sweeping Shanderaa. Looking at his stats, I, for one, would go for max HP/Special attack.

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
This thread is about Blissey. Not about how something can come in on blissey and something else may be able to come in on that something and revenge kill it.

btw wish is now much better on Blissey. Instead of it healing half of the recipient's hp. It basically acts as giving the recipient half of Blissey's hp instead. So full hp recovery most of the time if blissey uses wish.

Random WiFi prohibits a lot of random stuff and is not relevant, as you can use whatever you want on FC WiFi.
It is perfectly relevant to my interests, as default in-game rules tend to be similar to official tournaments and thus can provide some clues as to what will and will not be legal for next year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)