Borderlands Series

imo, Axton is the easiest to use, Salvador is the most fun to use, and Zer0 is the best to use if you can snipe well. All of them, including Maya, are good enough where you shouldn't have too much trouble with the game no matter who you choose. If you're just starting and feel like you might have trouble with the game, I'd go with Axton. The turret can do some serious work, especially with the right skills.
zer0 is the best sniper but it gets really boring after like 30 levels but once you spec into many must fall and go melee he's more fun than salvador imo

I've been meaning to do a playthrough with a melee Zer0, but I have 3 unfinished playthroughs to do plus eventually one with Gaige so idk

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Melee Zer0 is amazing. Kill skills are so op with him that it is easy to turn fights around quickly.

Just started a second playthrough with Gaige after retiring Zer0, whom I didn't really dig anymore, for some reason. Playing through the first hours of the game again makes me realize why I liked the game in the first place; it's action-packed, and the humour is so lame that it's brilliant. I will probably be focusing on the Anarchy skilltree.

I decided to go with Axton for now, though I may opt for Zero...still haven't played too much, but this weekend is a good chance to with the holiday and all.

So what weapons are generally the best for Axton? I get there's a whole variety to choose from, but anything he gets bonuses with or something? And when do you get more bag slots, 11 is such a low number, not to mention I hate having to sell stuff (bad hoarding habits from WoW I guess). But is everything initially just pretty much replaceable and sellable?

You get to purchase upgrades to your ammo capacity, grenade capacity, bank slots, and inventory slots with Eridium, which is a rare type of currency that you'll find later in the game. Inventory eventually goes up to 27, which still isn't very much by the end of the game when you're farming up rare items.

For Axton, assault rifles are generally pretty good with his middle tree (but you're going to want to invest in his first one if you want to just steamroll through your first playthrough with rocket turrets). An end-game Axton specced in the middle tree with a really good Vladof assault rifle has one of the highest fire rates in the game. Torgue ARs are also very good, and deal ridiculous amounts of damage. For your first playthrough, just go with whatever gun you feel like (besides snipers) and just let your turret play for you, IMO.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I have a 42 Axton, and a Gaige which is most of the way through the game. playing mostly with friends because we are still pretty paranoid about missions screwing up like in Borderlands 1!

Also: Borderlands 2 codes came out yesterday for some new skins and a Miss Moxie's Heartbreaker at the level of the first character you load. It is an amazing flame shotun that heals you, so its all good :D

PC / Mac Loverpalooza Code: W3KJ3-69JR5-9CXT3-JTJJT-WSCK5
Xbox 360 Loverpalooza Code: W3W3B-BHX9K-3TSTX-WXJ3J-XCHKH
PlayStation 3 Loverpalooza Code: WJCJJ-HCBFB-CCKC3-H3CJT-6FBHW

Maya is easily the best character. And makes the game incredibly easy.

Because of this.. I went with Zero a bit..but he ended up boring me to death.. So I went with the good ole strong white American man.

I bet you played Zero as a sniper...
to be fair, sniping is really dope for the first 60-70% of the game. Then it gets more and more tedious and the enemies stop getting one-shotted by crits.

Maya is easily the best character. And makes the game incredibly easy.

Because of this.. I went with Zero a bit..but he ended up boring me to death.. So I went with the good ole strong white American man.
it's funny because Axton actually makes the game the easiest imo. The turret is easily the most OP action skill of the 4 main characters(haven't tried Gaige yet)

Maya with Ruin is better than Axton with Double Up (two turret guns with slag), but for the most part both make the game too easy. Salvador is the way to go imo (see sig)

I have a 42 Axton, and a Gaige which is most of the way through the game. playing mostly with friends because we are still pretty paranoid about missions screwing up like in Borderlands 1!

Also: Borderlands 2 codes came out yesterday for some new skins and a Miss Moxie's Heartbreaker at the level of the first character you load. It is an amazing flame shotun that heals you, so its all good :D

PC / Mac Loverpalooza Code: W3KJ3-69JR5-9CXT3-JTJJT-WSCK5
Xbox 360 Loverpalooza Code: W3W3B-BHX9K-3TSTX-WXJ3J-XCHKH
PlayStation 3 Loverpalooza Code: WJCJJ-HCBFB-CCKC3-H3CJT-6FBHW
i made a new character just for this (gunzerker) because i really want that shotgun to be of use

i also immediately transferred all my low level legendaries to him the second i hit sanctuary (level 3 bonus package, level 6 hellfire) and so far i'm steamrolling through everything

heart breaker makes the first 10 levels of the game WAY too easy

I've beaten all of them (still don't have mecromancer tho) and Torgue's Campaign of Carnage is definitely the most entertaining of the bunch, if you don't mind profanity in every other word.

Then again, you're playing Borderlands, so you probably don't mind a little cussing.

I've just started farming for legendaries on my Zero playthrough now that I'm at level 50 and in playthrough 2.5. I'm finding it surprisingly difficult, though-the only gun I got on my first try was the Lyuda, and it A. burns ammo like a bitch B. is a fire variant, so I can't use it effectively against Hyperion bosses or the Warrior.

Right now my kit is Sniper specced with the Lyuda, the Gub (which I got in a random chest in the treasure room at the end of Captain Scarlett), the Flakker (which I got farming the Warrior for the Volcano, but it's a massive piece of shit don't use it), and some random Hyperion sniper I use whenever I run into an enemy resistant to fire (read: 75% of the enemies in the game). I've been using the Bee Shield not because I particularly like it but because I haven't been lucky enough to get the Hide of Terramorphous or Black Hole yet.

Terramorphous is especially aggravating-me and Obbmud managed to take him down paired up but he's never once dropped a Slayer of Terramorphous class mod that either of us could use- we've gotten level 50 mecromancer and siren drops, but he plays gunzerker and I play zer0 so :( He's also never dropped anything other then the class mods-so no Teeth or Breath of Terramorphous.

We've also done the Warrior a little for the increased benefits, but all we ever get are Flakkers (and tbh your average white shotgun is more useful then the Flakker). We're also too weak to kill any of the DLC invincibles. We couldn't even break Pyro Pete's shield, Hyperius rolled us so we can't fight Master Gee, and nobody can beat the one from Hammerlock's Hunt (can't remember his name but he was a giant stalker i think?)

Anyways, yeah farming is a bitch right now. Any tips?

Which Borderlands 2 DLC is the best?? I want to buy one of them but not sure which one
I haven't got any of the DLCs besides the Mechromancer pack, and I honestly would not get that, unless you have played all other characters first.

That said, I'm currently playing Borderlands again, this time with Gaige instead of Zer0. I like having Deathtrap with me; he serves as a good lure, and he deals some decent damage, too. I'm currently specced in the elemental tree, as I don't really like Anarchy being so incredibly inaccurate, but I've just reached level 31 so I can start working on a second tree, too.
I'm right before the final part of the game (I think), having destroyed Bunker and all that. Looking forward to beating the game, and starting again in TVHM.

Which Borderlands 2 DLC is the best?? I want to buy one of them but not sure which one
Definitely Campaign of Carnage. That was by far the most enjoyable of the bunch for me, and it also has some of the quest weapons (imo) available. Plus, Pete the Invincible gives the most seraph crystals in the game and also has a chance of dropping pretty much every orange in the game. Not even kidding, I've got a Madhous!, a Hellfire, an Impaler, a Neogenator that I gave to my brother, and my friend grabbed a Legendary Siren that I was about to grab. Still pissed at him for that one. He also grabbed a Fastball from the follow-up battle, but that grenade is garbage anyway.

shinyskarmory said:
Any tips?
Pyro Pete has a glitch spot near the pipeline that drops spiderants. To the right of it, there are two poles sitting on the wall. If you walk in between the two and jump into the corner connecting the one on the right to the wall you can jump repeatedly up to get onto the side wall. From there, you can block his AoE moves by hiding behind to pillars. He can also jump onto the side wall, which can glitch him into the spot and cause him to be unable to get down. If you do this, you have to keep him near the pipe. If he dies near the spot where you jump up, it may stop working and most of the loot up top will be lost. It also stops working if someone joins you while you are inside the bar, so there's that.
Alternatively, you can do it the legit way and play it fair. I recommend getting a Nukem from the Black Queen before doing this because you will need it by the end. What you do is after summoning pete, you fight him like normal. Once he uses his AoE attack that inflicts you with semi permanent fire or corrosion, you activate the pipe that spawns spiderants and run through the water. This will get rid of the fire/corrosion and also spawn some spiderants for a kill revive should you need it. The other pipe spawns rats, which get really annoying really fast. Use the pipes very conservatively because each time you use them, the enemies they spawn gain three levels. The spiderants don't start requiring multiple shots until they hit level 63, and they cap out at level 66. The rats will start two-shotting you by that same time, and they just don't die. This is why the Nukem is useful, it fires mini nukes strong enough to clear the area of enemies. I suggest altering your skills and loadout to take advantage of pete's major weaknesses, electricity and slag. Even when his shield is down, electricity still does the most damage and he is insanely prone to slag. Abuse these alongside the nukem to annihilate everything (including yourself if you aren't careful).

The fastest I've done this fight was in 28 minutes, so be prepared.
Master Gee and Hyperious practically require multiple people, so there's that. And like I said, I haven't faced Voracidious, so nothing there.

I'm planning on getting the Torgue DLC in 2 weeks, when I go home for spring break. It looks awesome, my Axton is all about Torgue, and I can't wait to start farming Pete!

Anyway, as someone who doesn't mind farming in chunks up to ~3 hours, I can tell you what I do to make it less dull and stuff.

First of all, there are a few legendaries that aren't worth farming at all. Thunderball Fists from Captain Flynt, Hammer Buster from McNally, Fastball from Boll, Unkempt Harold from Savage Lee, and Infinity from Doc Mercy are all impossible to find during PT 2.5. Don't try to farm these bosses! I wasted a few hours myself before finding out that they literally DO NOT drop them. Someone found a script to improve drop rates for uniques (legendaries) for each specific boss. Apparently, this script caused every boss to drop their legendary 100% of them time, except the before listed bosses still never dropped them. This, along with the fact that there is still no conclusive video evidence of the drops, is enough proof for me to stop farming them.

Something I try to do when farming is fill out badass challenges. Some tedious challenges can get knocked out pretty quickly by doing them over and over during farming runs, and then you can eventually prestige. I just prestiged for the first time a few days ago.

To be less bored, I generally find a nice long Youtube lecture on astronomy, origins, music, or whatever other interesting topic. This takes my mind off farming and lets me learn (maybe?) about cool stuff simultaneously.

Also, there is definitely an order to farm in, boss-wise. I'd say go Hunter Hellquist -> Knuckle Dragger -> Bunker -> anything else.
Hunter Hellquist is a must, just because his radio station is so close to where you start in the Arid Badlands Nexus. It might take a while to get a Bee shield, especially since drop rates are decreased in True Vault Jumper Mode, but perservere and you won't be disappointed.
Once you get your Bee shield, head over to Claptrap's place. You should be able to kill Knuckle Dragger from up on a cliff, looking down at him. When he dies, his loot will scatter all over his little plateau and you can use a sniper rifle to see if an orange pistol dropped. This pistol is the Hornet, and will make Bunker a piece of cake.
Head over to Thousand Cuts, go up to the Bunker and start killing him with your Bee + Hornet until he drops a Sham shield. The Sham is a shield with a ridiculous bullet absorb rate (mine is 87%, max is 94%) which will keep you nearly invincible while heading to other bosses' locations to farm them.

Hope this helped, if anyone else has any questions just ask.

Edit: Also don't hate on the Flakker. It's hard to figure out but jesus it is a monster

shinyskarmory: Have you tried a melee build? The Rubi+Love Thumper are especially effective at taking on Terramorphous. Moxxi weapons in general are underrated; a level 50 Heart Breaker is enough to kill any part of Terramorphous bar his fire stage.

Hyperius is tough and you'll probably want to go either balls-to-the-wall melee, trade for an Infinity, exploit your B0re skill with a really good pistol (Unkempt Harold or Hornet), or just Evil Smasher glitch your way through.

CPrime: If I'm not mistaken, Doc Mercy is confirmed to drop the Infinity. The rate is just exceptionally low, however; something like 0.03%. I also know that Flynt drops the Thunderball Fists, although I'm not positive on the others. Pyro Pete is honestly the best way to farm every legendary you listed above.

shinyskarmory: Have you tried a melee build? The Rubi+Love Thumper are especially effective at taking on Terramorphous. Moxxi weapons in general are underrated; a level 50 Heart Breaker is enough to kill any part of Terramorphous bar his fire stage.

Hyperius is tough and you'll probably want to go either balls-to-the-wall melee, trade for an Infinity, exploit your B0re skill with a really good pistol (Unkempt Harold or Hornet), or just Evil Smasher glitch your way through.

CPrime: If I'm not mistaken, Doc Mercy is confirmed to drop the Infinity. The rate is just exceptionally low, however; something like 0.03%. I also know that Flynt drops the Thunderball Fists, although I'm not positive on the others. Pyro Pete is honestly the best way to farm every legendary you listed above.
Yeah, I did do a melee build. I focused on Law+Order though because I don't have any of the Moxxi guns other then a level 15 heart breaker from playthrough 1, and I found that Terramorphous kept knocking me out of the arena to instantly kill me. After that I switched to a sniper build and used the Pride Rock trick plus Obbmud's ammo regen class mod to kill him. My main problem with Terramorphous is that he never drops anything I actually can use-all he ever drops are the class mods for other classes :(

I can't farm the Infinity because Doc Mercy actually manages to kill me about 50% of the time which is really frustrating. I did try to farm Knuckle Dragger for the Hornet last night, which drove me nuts because I killed him like 50 times and never got anything, even though that's supposed to be one of the more common drops. Unkempt Harold is probably a better option since I can go into Playthrough 1 and just grind Torgue tokens against enemies I can oneshot.

Also @CPrime: The Infinity does drop from Doc Mercy, it's just really rare.

EDIT: yeah fuck the blimp, I actually wanted to fight Flyboy.

Best DLC? I'd have to say Captain Scarlett, it would've easily been Mr. Torgue if it wasn't for Piston's fucking blimp.

Regarding the super rare drops, I'm not one to throw around baseless claims. Of course I've seen yoteslaya's video, it's also extremely easy to fake the video. Suspicious "hide behind the bone right when the loot drops" is suspicious, to say the least.
There is no evidence that these drops are confirmed. Yes, it PT 1 they are very obtainable; today I got a level 8 Infinity third try from Doc Mercy. But in PT 2.5 the drops are nonexistent. I can even link you the script that ups all drop rates to 100% if you want.
It's not a stretch to say these drops are literally impossible. The fact of the matter is, Gearbox messed up, as they have been known to, and if you want an Infinity, you're gonna farm Pete instead of Doc Mercy. Which is exactly what I plan to do!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)