1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Breaching the Fortress - A Suspect Warstory

Discussion in 'Warstory Archive' started by Legacy Raider, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Indra

Indra DACODBOSS
    is a Past WCoP Winner

Haha love the damage poster thingy i have no idea whats its called .__. but i love it ^____^.
    Great game lol thought it would just be some 4-0 but wow didnt expect this =)
  2. umbarsc

umbarsc

... It was a 4-0... >_>

Great warstory Legacy_Raider. Very entertaining.
  3. Madd Cribbage

Madd Cribbage

That was the most captivating Warstory I have read in awhile, nice work, and nice formating :)
  4. chaos 9

chaos 9

Hey LR that was the best warstory I have ever read. Thanks for that. I loved the comments and the battle was long AND a 4-0 and it was still amazing. 5 stars and archive easily. Great job man!
  5. Bam

Bam

That's definitely the best warstory I've read in a long while. I loved the format, and even though the score may not imply it, it was a very close and well-played game. Looking forward to any more of yours in the future ;).
  6. Viashino_wizard

Viashino_wizard

This is pretty much the best Warstory I've ever read.
  7. chenman333

chenman333

I loved how you planned out your T-tar sweep so well, as well as those awesome observations of relatively subtle stuff.

^^^^ It's one of the best, but I think you should read Chou's Ash warstory. That is probably the best thing I've ever read.
  8. Thorns

Thorns

Shit dude, excellent warstory, one of the most enjoyable I've ever read.

Warstories that go down to a single move are the best to read in my opinion.
    The HP bars that you did added to the attractiveness as well.
  9. Legacy Raider

Legacy Raider
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Lol you know something really sad? On the HP bars each pixel is 1% of HP. If you count, you'll find they're accurate.

Oh, I added a nice little pic at the bottom =).

LR.
  10. ToF

ToF
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 13 Champion

Great formatting, great story, not much else to say, other than it deserves to be in the archive! Great job LR.
  11. FastHippo

FastHippo

Great job! I rarely start reading a war story(I passed over yours many times), or finish it if I do. Yours was excellent.
  12. muttonhead

muttonhead

Beautiful warstory. I didn't find it long at all, there was no substantial stall like you said, and the great predictions and concise commentary zoomed me through it in no time at all.
  13. Mistress Darkrai

Mistress Darkrai

I managed to read through parts of it, and I'm impressed. I really don't have too much to say, sence I'ma sucky critque, but, awesome job, and prediction :)
  14. foibles

foibles

great read, I loved seeing all of the good prdiction im told happens, but my opponents never seem to do.
  15. Abacus

Abacus

Just piling on more praise. Nice battle.
  16. AhrenElessedil

AhrenElessedil

Nice battle, awesome format, wonderful warstory.
  17. Master_Sora

Master_Sora

Awesome battle! The predictions were well done. I love the way it was written.
  18. Veedrock

Veedrock

This battle was amazing, and the warstory was even better.

Seriously, I'm speechless. I don't know what to say other than fantastic job. Don't be surprised if this gets archived.
  19. panamaxis

panamaxis Allons-y!
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winner

Machamp eats a Seismic Toss coming in and his Leftovers activate

Also, by the way, my Machamp, which, ironically, never attacked, was CBed.

Great Warstory Legacy Raider, I know that it's hard to keep track of everything when writing a warstory :). I especially liked the damage bar. It was great to see how you planned out the Tyranitar sweep, for most of the warstory I thought your opponent would've won, but with careful planning and prediction you pulled it off and I congratulate you for that.
  20. Darkmalice

Darkmalice Like a facepalm, but better
    is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

Despite a 4-0 win, it was an amazing warstory. Where can I get those damage meters LR? They look awesome.
  21. Legacy Raider

Legacy Raider
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Thanks for the really encouraging comments everybody.

Thanks for the compliments panamaxis. I really didn't think I was going to win either, and I wouldn't have if I had kept on playing the way I had. That one free turn gained by letting Latias die really did let me come back though.

Anyway, it was Sitzmark's Machamp that was CBed. I was running a Bulk Up Machamp with Leftovers =).

Thanks man. Haha the damage meters I made on MS Paint, and the pokemon face art on the meters I copied from pokemon GTS.net to my computer.

Thanks everyone.

LR.
  22. panamaxis

panamaxis Allons-y!
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winner

My mistake with the Machamp mix-up. That is absoultely god-damn fantastic that you made those damage meters yourself! I can really appreciate the amount of effort you put into this warstory.
  23. twash

twash
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Everything about this warstory was amazing, the format, comments, match. I'd say it was easily one of the best warstorys I have ever read. Loved the scoreboard thing too, made it incredibly easy to keep up. The effort put into this is impeccable.

Rated 5 stars.
  24. GBH713

GBH713

I liked the formatting, but the real stand-out for me was the amazing battle and the great comments. The best warstory I've read in ages.
  25. noisvoid

noisvoid

Awesome format, awesome team, awesome sprites, awesome game. One of the best warstories I've ever read. :)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)