Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off

Tangrowth actually puts in a good amount of work vs this team, being able to take hits from most of the members and threatening a majority of them upon switchin. It can switch into Latias, Gyarados, Raikou, and Breloom and threaten them with Knock Off, Earthquake, and HP Fire respectively. Likewise Heatran and Jirachi can't switch into Knock Off or Earthquake very comfortably, with Jirachi losing its scarf. Slowbro helps with Heatran and has no trouble switchin into Jirachi and makes a nice regen core that this team has a lot of trouble breaking. Extra defensive investment on Tangrowth lets it take on Mega Gyara better, avoiding the 2HKO from +1 Crunch.

Alright Guys. Its voting Time. :D. Apoligizes for the late hour, I had an emergency to attend to but nonetheless Im here and happy with the results. 9 cores this week. Clone must be proud his team hasn't had to face a single clef which I'm now days seem to be none as CoCs love child ROFL. Next time maybe.

Anyway Here are the cores

Core 1 - Breloom + Tyraniter + Zard X
Core 2 - Medicham + Thundorous + Bisharp
Core 3 - Mega Gardevoir + Talonflame + Landorous
Core 4 - Zard X + Thundorous

Core 5 - MegaBeedrill + Rotom W
Core 6 - Garchomp + Azumarill
Core 7 - Weavile + Mega manetric + Landorous
Core 8 - Mega swampert + Kingdra + Poliotoad
Core 9 - Tangrowth + Slowbro

As per Usual Everyone gets 2 Votes. Voting end monday Afternoon australian Time. Goodluck and have fun. Remember anyone who reachs the hall for the 3rd time Gets to have there own Team broken.

Remember Clone. You can vote for 2 cores. As much as you love tangrowth other cores exist to.

Anyway my votes go to

Core 5 ( come on its mega bee)
Core 6 (has a fairy and we all know how much I like fairies)

Alright, voting has ended. Sorry for the delay. The winner for this week is cfdba with his Tangrowth + Slowbro core. Congratulations to him and thanks everyone for your contributions!!!

Core 1: 1 vote
Core 3: 1 vote
Core 5: 3 votes
Core 6: 1 vote
Core 7: 2 votes
Core 9: 5 votes

This week we're going to break Clair 's Puppet Theatre Stall. It also features Flame Body Talonflame (new meta). Good luck and have fun!!!

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 224 HP / 240 SpD / 44 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head
- Toxic

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EV's: 248 HP / 108 Def / 152 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Will-o-wisp
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 64 Spe
Impish Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Spikes
- Drain Punch
- Synthesis

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EV's: 248 HP / 124 Def / 132 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Will-o-Wisp
- Knock Off
- Recover

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Roar / Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Def / 248 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Toxic

Hey everyone! This is a team I made a while back. I wanted to build around specially defensive Excadrill because I was sick of losing to Clefable; M-Sableye has nice synergy with Drill, so I added that, and then some more stuff to cover threats:

Unfortunately this was bad because no Ground switch-in, no Bisharp counter with Rocks up, no Scald switch-in, etc. At this point I went mad with innovation and tried replacing Ferrothorn with physically defensive Aromatherapy Shaymin, physically defensive Roserade, and all kinds of other fun stuff. At some point I found myself using Wish Exeggutor and realised I was scraping the bottom of the barrel. Also I heard people describing my team as a 'heatah fajita' squad and I knew that anything that sounded so Mexican couldn't be any good. One retrospectively obvious change later and I had the final members of the team:

In terms of results, because people like hearing about them, I laddered my random testing alt to a peak of 1861, good for #11, winning one room tour and losing embarrassingly to xtrashine in the other one I tried because my Sableye didn't have Toxic. A couple of people borrowed the team (my friend Dee swears by the Exeggutor version) and had pretty good results too, I think.

EDIT: Corrected the sprites and made changes to the moveslots. Roar is added to Gyarados to "lure" Belly Drum Azumarill.

Last edited:
Thank you Random Passerby for updating the team this week. I've just edited the thread title and updated the hall of fame. Right now the tally stands as followed

Hall of Fame Nominees
2 Little Lucario, Infernal, Bendiving, cfdba
1 Team Pokepals, Sketch Up, AM, Docter Ciel, Luaral, Random Passerby , Flygoner818, Bludz, Gamer Boy

At 3 Successful nominations to the hall of fame you get to submit your own team for breaking

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Substitute

Azumarill just blows holes in this team, I like how the Chesnaught is EVed to beat standard Azumarill, but as I recall it can run 208 spe for 0 spe Mega Scizor. Raikou alone is also a huge threat, as the team's only check is Excadrill (they play a 50-50 with Substitute if they don't switch), but Azumarill uses Excadrill as fodder, so it is possible to weaken the team very quickly.

Infernal

Banned deucer.

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Substitute

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Hidden Power Rock
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
Mega Hera does pretty well against this team. A Substitute is easily obtainable on something incapable of harming it significantly, such as Chansey, Mega Sableye, or Chesnaught. From there, this forgotten bug has a field day and pressures every member hard between its coverage. Chansey and Exca are torn apart by CC. Mega Sableye and Chesnaught can't easily break Mega Hera's Sub and take sizable damage from Pin Missile (69.3 - 80.8% and 51.4 - 60.6%, respectively). Even against -1 Mega Hera, both are forced to heal continuously while being practically helpless. Talon dies to Rock Blast after breaking Mega Hera's Sub. Factoring in Intimidate, Gyara takes 43.2 - 53.4% from Rock Blast, which is a good chunk. Considering Gyara is unable to break Mega Hera's Sub and can only threaten a Roar, it's far from a good answer. This is especially true if Heatran manages to SR successfully.

Heatran is here to help Mega Hera with some issues while performing well against the team itself. It's able to help Mega Hera by handling Talon with HP Rock, a move mainly chosen for the sake of breaking the team more easily (picked over AP and SE for the added PP). Moreover, it's able to absorb any Will-O-Wisp attempts from Talon and a non-evolved Sableye trying to burn Mega Hera after its Sub is broken. Exca and Chesnaught are slower and hate Lava Plume. Because Chansey lacks Seismic Toss, Heatran fears nothing and can Taunt + Lava Plume all day. Mega Sableye fears being burned by Lava Plume and can't always successfully stop Heatran from laying down SR. A burned Mega Sableye is also much easier for Mega Hera to kill. Gyara is the only real obstacle for Heatran and Mega Hera helps cover this, especially against variants lacking Scald.

Overall, I think these two do fairly well here. Mega Hera's ability to pressure every member while being bulky enough to avoid having its Sub broken makes the bug a cool choice against this team. Adamant is chosen because Mega Hera is still faster than everything needed without Jolly and appreciates the extra power to break the team better. Heatran also performs nicely against this build and covers Mega Hera's issues well, making these two a nice duo to take on this team with.

Last edited:
+

why is it flame body talon lol
Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost
- Earth Power

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Keldeo rips apart this team, with nothing really being able to comfortably switch in after rocks. Its only downside is that it's locked into a move once it uses it, which is where Kyurem comes in. Kyurem is able to complete the wallbreaking core and also beat the "switchins" to Keldeo on the team. Fusion Bolt hits the Gyarados and Ice Beam hits the Chesnaught. Talonflame isn't offensive and so can't kill Keldeo in one hit and Gyarados does little to pressure it as well. Excadrill kinda dies to both these mons and isn't even really worth mentioning here. Basically they shred the team with sheer wallbreaking power.

Last edited:
Seems not much activity so...

+

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 16 HP / 8 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Thundurus @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Flying
- Focus Blast

This team faces a ton of pressure from Mega Gardevoir as nothing can avoid a 2HKO from any of its attacks (even Excadrill faints to STAB+Focus Blast) except Chansey who is easily shut down by Taunt. Thundurus is added to partner Mega Gardevoir to easily handle Talonflame and increase pressure on Excadrill. It also easily boosts on Excadrill, Sableye and Gyarados, all of whom cannot touch it.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Dragon Dance

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]/Focus Miss
- Nasty Plot

So Gyarados literally bodies the team outside of gyarados after a +1 ddance and since gyarados can't touch gdos there's Sub NP Thundurus. Sub NP thundurus can also body the team since there's no unaware users and chesnaught isn't liking a +2 tbolt or hp ice.(Im retarded and fail to realize focus miss doesn't affect chesnaught)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)