Project Break This Team (Week 42)

The team's rock solid, so finding some troublesome core was... well, troublesome.

Anyway, here's a core that can pressure it quite well (in theory):

EQ DD Zard-X + Banded Dragonite

charizard-megax.gif
dragonite.gif

Sets:

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Iron Tail
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

After looking over the team for a bit, I realized its physically defensive backbone was the more susceptible half since it consists of a Rotom-W and scarfed Lando---both being easy to pressure and break through eventually. Thus, a 'mon that doesn't care about Rotom-W + Lando-T pressure seemed like a solid formula, so EQ Zard-X + Band-Nite was born. The core itself is a somewhat janky core that works exclusively on hyper offense, but I feel as though the pressure generated by the core would be frustrating to face on the opposite end:

Dragonite can relatively easily force a switch to Lando-T and nail it with banded Outrages to either soften it up for Zard-X or future rocks switch-ins (banded Outrage does 55.7 - 66.1% at -1), which then removes the team's sole answer to EQ Zard-X. In case you didn't click the hide tag, this banded D-Nite has Iron Tail to lure and remove Clef (roll is 98.4 - 116.2% vs. 252/164 Clef), meaning forcing in Lando is that much easier. Heatran could come in and sponge Outrages immediately after Lando eats a meaty Outrage, but Heatran does little aside from land a potential Lava Plume burn and break Multiscale. Zard-X gets free setup turns vs. Latias and to a lesser extent Rotom-W (but only if it's in range of +1 Dragon Claw), meaning the opposition doesn't have enough offensive pressure to prevent Zard-X from setting up.

Last edited:

Sobi

Banned deucer.
Gallade (M) @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Weavile @ Life Orb | Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

We've already established that this team is very weak to Weavile, as its coverage moves can either 2HKO / OHKO most of the team; Mega Latias doesn't like taking a Knock Off, and if you Low Kick it when it uses Reflect Type, it should kill. Terrakion and Heatran both have a chance to be OHKOed by Low Kick, Choice Band-boosted Ice Shard kills Terrakion, Clefable needs to be weakened before being KOed by the combination of Icicle Crash and Ice Shard, and Rotom-W is very annoying, but if you keep using Knock Off, and pray that Will-O-Wisp misses, you're all good.

To partner Weavile, I originally had Gengar to break past Clefable, Heatran, and Rotom-W more reliably, but Landorus-T became more of a problem as it could sweep my team once Weavile was gone, so I sought out to seek a priority user to weaken the team so that its teammates could finish them off. This priority user was eventually Bisharp; Bisharp not only provided priority in the form of Sucker Punch, but also a wincon to take advantage of forced switches, making it even more of a threat. However, both Weavile and Bisharp were very weak to Heatran, and I felt that another wincon as well as another offensive mon to wallbreak, paving way for a teammate to clean up was necessary.

So then came Mega Gallade. Mega Gallade helped take care of Landorus-T with Ice Punch, Rotom-W / Clefable with Zen Headbutt, and Heatran with Drain Punch, which is used over Close Combat because the recovery is appreciated, and the stat drops could be exploited, so better safe than sorry. Overall, these three Pokemon can break past this team, weakening one Pokemon for a teammate with its coverage moves.

To show the core in action, yuruuu and I had a battle. Here is the replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-384966229. Feel free to watch the replay if you're short on core ideas :)

Infernal

Banned deucer.

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Protect

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ground]

These two perform very well here and work together in a few ways I'll go through later. Nothing likes taking an attack from Mega Diancie once it's in. This is especially the case for max attack variants, which have enough power to 2HKO Clefable on the switch in. Volc threatens to 6-0 the team on its own once Terrak is weakened slightly (usually by SR). Lum is to stop any possible status from interfering with a Volc sweep. Mega Diancie does a very nice job supporting Volc here because it's able to take advantage of the team's SR setter (Heatran) well, using its presence to throw around strong attacks and soften up the team. To demonstrate the core in action, here are two replays:

Replay 1
  • We dance around for a bit until Mega Diancie comes in on turn 10 as Tran uses SR. From there, nothing wanted to switch into a Diamond Storm or Moonblast, and Tran ended up sacrificing itself to Mega Diancie. Rotom-W comes in and I decide to stay in and attack on the Volt Switch, which I predicted over Hydro because my opponent most likely wouldn't risk Latios coming in for free to Defog away rocks considering how threatening my Volc is.
  • Things progress some more, with Latios eventually removing SR from my side and my Lando-T setting SR again later. On turn 28, I bring in Volc to QD and force Terrak to come in and take SR damage. I switch out because Giga wasn't a guaranteed KO until Terrak takes another round of SR damage. Terrak uses SE as I sac Latios and bring in Mega Diancie again to get a kill.
  • A few turns later, Mega Diancie brings Clefable down to 47% with Diamond Storm and dies. Volc was then free to come in and QD up to end the game, with the two rounds of SR damage on Terrak securing a KO with Giga Drain.
Replay 2
  • Same deal as above. The game plays its course, with Mega Diancie applying a good amount of offensive pressure and softening the team up. Late game, Volc ends up sweeping after Terrak takes the same 2 rounds of SR damage like in replay 1.
Like the replays show, this core works quite nicely here and isn't really anything out of the ordinary on teams with Volc. Mega Diancie softens the team up well and supports Volc by exploiting Tran to apply pressure. Mega Diancie's ability to scout the move Lando-T will use is also really good for this core when paired with Pokemon like Rotom-W and your own Lando-T. On Volc, Bug Buzz isn't really necessary because Mega Latias lacks Wave and can't hurt you much. Having HP Ground is recommended just so Volc can break through Tran by itself (on the team I used, Jira and Latios benefit from Volc luring Tran too).

Last edited:
I think I already mentioned how this team hates bulky set-up sweepers. Here's an example to illustrate what I meant.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
- Recover

This team has nothing for Clefable and Reuniclus except Heatran who has no reliable recovery, can be haxed by Thunder Wave and is susceptible to hazards. Most of the team is Clefable bait and once Heatran is gone, Clefable just wins. Reuniclus is another Calm Mind user that this team hates as Shadow Ball quickly wears Heatran down and Psyshock bypasses the increased SpD because of Calm Mind.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-385364306

I think you can see that once Reuniclus is at +1, which is easy to get against this team, CoC needs to sac his mon or forced to make certain plays which make his move exploitable. Reuniclus also beats Clefable and dents Heatran, which coupled with hazards, basically seals the game because there is nothing this team can do against both Clef and Reuniclus. (OK, I make some questionable plays myself but that's not the point). CoC also risks his Heatran for no reason at the beginning lol

Last edited:

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Taunt/Will-o-Wisp
+

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

This is a really cool offensive core, that I feel has a really nice match up versus this core. This team has no real switch ins for Gengar, and you can exploit it really easily because nothing on that team is realistically taking more than one Shadow Ball, Mega Lopunny similarly pressures that team(especially with Stealth Rocks down). Basically Mega Lopunny is checked only by Lando-T/Clef(Latias-Mega with that EV spread is not taking Mega Lop on lol,tbh neither is Scarf Lando-T), and both of those give Gengar a chance to spam its STABs. Once in on Clefable, the Clef player either...sacks Clefable which gives Mega Lopunny an even easier time, switches to the Gengar "counters", or tries to go for a Thunder Wave predicting a switch; and Gengar can effectively cover all of those options. The team would struggle with Gengar a bit regardless, but with Timid Heatran with no special defense investment it obviously struggles a lot more. Thankfully Gengar isn't THAT common, but the Lopunny point stands. I feel like a well played Mega Lop/Gengar/Bisharp offense has the potential to severely pressure that team, I haven't had the chance to play test as of yet, but hopefully I will soon.

Last edited:

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Taunt/Will-o-Wisp
+

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

This is a really cool offensive core, that I feel has a really nice match up versus this core. This team has no real switch ins for Gengar, and you can exploit it really easily because nothing on that team is realistically taking more than one, Mega Lopunny similarly pressures that team(especially with Stealth Rocks down). Basically Mega Lopunny is checked only by Lando-T/Clef(Latias-Mega with that EV spread is not taking Mega Lop on lol,tbh neither is Scarf Lando-T), and both of those give Gengar a chance to spam its STABs. Once in on Clefable, the Clef player either...sacks Clefable which gives Mega Lopunny an even easier time, switches to the Gengar "counters", or tries to go for a Thunder Wave predicting a switch; and Gengar can effectively cover all of those options. The team would struggle with Gengar a bit regardless, but with Timid Heatran with no special defense investment it obviously struggles a bit more. Thankfully Gengar isn't THAT common, but the Lopunny point stands. I feel like a well played Mega Lop/Gengar/Bisharp offense has the potential to severely pressure that team, I haven't had the chance to play test as of yet, but hopefully I will soon.
CoC used a team with Gengar and Mega Lop against me and I can attest that each time Gengar comes in, I'm forced to sac.
Scarf Lando is also Mega Lop bait lol

SunnyORAS . Yeah Gengar trash's the team, Its a really huge flaw and tho gengar is rare right now in a tournament the weakness will cost mega lati user the game almost everytime. Also I would recommend sub over Ice punch. If you switch in on say knock after lando tries to revenge gengar you will practically have game if latias is gone as is demonstrated by my second replay

+

Sets
CoCs Lovechild (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

Ghost of Ending (Gengar) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Icy Wind
- Trick

Replays
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-385357256 - I correctly predict the latias switch in and Gengar basically goes to town with shadow ball. nothing can stomach it and only lando can pressure it but to get in something must be sacked everytime which as you could see left lando very susceptible to prediction. Eventually its clear gengar is gonna sweep and it over.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-385359039 - A little more even this time. He correctly predicts a rotom Lead but is afraid to commit Lando due to the need to pressure gengar. So instead I take the status route with Clef and Rotom T-waving everything else. I get a few Calm minds up and pressure him and eventually I get a free switch into Gengar. By the end I swtich lop into Knock off and Sub up to win. With latias down the game is over at that point

Explanation: This Team has no gengar switchins and as demonstrated by the replays exerts huge pressure on the team just by existing. Specs Shadow Ball 2hkos everything and Lando Hates Icy wind. The only way it lose's is if Clef has already calm minded up in which case you can cripple it with trick allowing the remainder of your team to deal with it. If Supported by Volt-turn it is really hard to pull a double to lure gengar. Pretty much this team has to sack something each time just to have the chance to revenge gengar which leaves lando susceptible. In addition to the gaping gengar weakness Calm minders namely bold clefable tear this team a new one. Once heatran is removed or paralysed which can be done by luring it or doubling to gengar. It can Calm mind for free as nothing wants to switch in and Terrakions CB ironhead will not OHKO so short of a dramatic passage of play or getting haxed by the opposing clef you win then and there. Nothing on the team including lando can break through clef which given her omnipresence is a huge gaping flaw.

As for viability Clef is the best mon in the game and the bulky dark infested meta favour's her massivly. Gengar not so much but with volt/Turn support can still trash balance lacking darks/calm minders and stall given half a chance.

reserving reuni + duggy
woops theyre gay, lemme use gliscor + bandtar shoutouts Alkov, gave me the work #whereyougoingboy

+

I had a team very similar to this and played Alkov on the ladder at one point which is where the core originates from. Nothing on the team can really touch Gliscor besides BoltBeam Mega Latias and Rotom-W, while Gliscor can SD on on Lando-T, Terrakion locked into CC, Heatran and non Ice Beam Clef. This is where Band Tyranitar comes in, as it can trap Mega Latias and severely dent Rotom-W, which allows Gliscor to dismantle the team pretty easily.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Def / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Facade / Knock Off
- Roost

Facade is used on this set because it has a chance to 2HKO Rotom at +2 with rocks up. 208 Speed on Tyranitar allows it to outspeed 0 investment Rotom-W and the rest in dumped into HP. Core is pressured by stuff like LO 4 Attacks Torn (HP Ice, Superpower variants), Gengar (relies on dodging Focus Blast), Weavile w/ Low Kick and Manaphy so some speed control would be really nice.

Also, I've been using a variation of MegaStarUniverse's team for the ~past month or saw on ladder and found some extra major threats to the core that i wont really go in depth to. Reuniclus can be very annoying esp paired with something like Dugtrio as Tran and Terrakion are the only mons that can really do anything to it. Gengar switchins are almost non existent and pretty much rely on pivoting around with Clef/Heatran into Scarf Lando-T. Diancie is kinda annoying too as it can scout with Protect to see what move Lando-T will go for. Band Weavile can 2HKO standard Clefable as well as annoying the rest of the team with it's STABs. BandTar + Volcanion is straight up nasty if you don't pressure it with Lando-T and Terrakion. Overall, the team is really quite solid and do fairly well v most archetypes.​

Last edited:
Last edited:
Core 3: That Volc set by itself is such a threat to this team, and Diancie is such a natural partner for it (probably the most common Volc core). Replays showed how to systematically get past the few speedbumps slowing down Volc.

Core 6: Honestly could have chosen pretty much any of the other cores, they're all good. But the presence of Gengar is such a problem for this team, I think you almost have to vote for a core utilizing it. Core 6 over 5 cause even though Lop can be a problem to the team, Clef is a bigger one. Gengar can easily weaken the Heatran, making the Clef sweep much easier.

Core 5
Core 6

This has been pointed out by CoC in his replay and it must be emphasized that Gengar absolutely wrecks this team with the only check to it being Scarf Lando-T which is just Mega Lop bait. Clefable also easily boost up and sweep once Heatran is gone (which again you can see from the replay)

Core 5; the team has no actual Gengar switch-in cause GENGAR'S A BEAST. But Focus Blast is not reliable, so hopefully HJK from Lopunny is to hit Terrakion and Heatran. I think Lopunny is good at whittling Rotom and Landorus.

Core 1; I think Dragonite is good at whittling things that can cause Charizard trouble such as Clefable and Landorus. If both are whittled which they likely will be then Charizard will most likely win at +1.

Well Week 29 and its all finally over. I have my First Hall of fame nomination as Host :D. Congrats to me Creator of Chaos on my awesome Gengar + Clefable core. Its very well deserved and as the creator of T-wave clef its about Damn time. It also appears the new system is successful so thank you everyone for your participation so far and I look foward to future Posts and thank you to my wonderful Co-hosts Sobi and Random Passerby.

Voting

Core 1 - 1
Core 2 - 0
Core 3 - 5
Core 4 - 2
Core 5 - 2
Core 6 - 6
Core 7 - 0

As we all know every 10th week is humiliate a host a week and as its week 30 its time to front up and see if our teambuilding skills are worth anything Hint we suck. This time the victim is our brand new Co-host sobi whom brought this humiliation apon himself after declaring gardevoir cuter then Diancie, a crime which can not go Unpunished. So good luck and have fun breaking apart Sobi Mega Sableye Balance

Sets
Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Claw

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leaf Storm
- Taunt
- Leech Seed

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Toxic

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Flash Cannon
- Magnet Rise

Explanation: The Team is Built around Exploiting Mega Sabs abilities to keep hazards off yourside of the field while you load up theres so that eventually Serperior, Garchomp of Bisharp can Sweep. Mega Sableye on its own checks a vast portion of the metagame and its utility set is a nightmare for many teams if they dont have Tran or a fairy. Lum SD garchomp is chosen as a partner to not only exploit opposing sableye and status user. but as a way to safely get rocks up. Bisharp Rounds out the hazard protection by detering defog and checking fairies as well as being a sweeper. From here klefki is used as a pivot which can spike on much of the meta, Check Diancie who would otherwise wreck havoc and most importantly act as an emergency check set sweepers. Serperior and Rotom Round out the team. Serp blows apart teams after Sableye and friends have weakened everything and short of Talonflame is very difficult to check. Rotom is to prevent Ground types from just spaming earthquake and to regain momentoum.

Sobi will provide more of an explanation later but I hope that suffice's for now

Goodluck again this week everyone, The hall of fame will be updated soon.

Begin Discussion

Sub mega gyarados looks like it could have a lot of fun with this team and even lacking recovery once behind it nothing short of serp assuming it hasn't DD or rotom being at full will Break it.

Another thing I've noticed tho is a weakness to fairies. While not as game breaking as gengar was to the last team If azu or diancie get it or serp falls early. Something is taking a huge whack.

The team is somewhat reliant on good doubling to prevent fighting and fairy types getting a foot hold

The klefki set looks really tacky, which is a good indication that this team is insanely weak to fairies. If you're willing to go that far out of your way to dodge earth power mega diancie, you might have an issue on your hand. Obviously that's not a set you run for a ground weakness counter since that set has no business sitting in for long periods of time. Exploit the shit out of that slot.

The speed on this team is such that he has good checks to fairies but never a good counter. I think that Diancie-M is an incredible threat because as mentioned before, his klefki has to come in and magnet rise before it's allowed to spam off flash cannon. Zone+Diancie-M probably just wins. Outside that, Lop is a problem, as mentioned before. Sable stall's archtype wrecks this team simply by having chansey+quagsire (as both Gar/Bisharp are boosting threats). The real issue I see is the huge priority put on having spikes into putting such an underwhelming pivot on the team. Klefki's a lead that normally suicides, it shouldn't be relied on to take hits like this team demands vs fairies.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Aj I duno where you been but that Klefki set is fine and the mon hasn't been a suicide lead since XY lol (wasn't even here when it was)

Regardless I agree that Zone + DD Altaria is a massive problem for this team, fortunately it's not that common of a combo now. Both Mega Zards are pretty big issues for this squad, since they can both pretty much get kills when they come in. Volcarona too. General fairy weakness has been alluded to but also Mega Scizor is a rather big threat. The team lacks a true hard counter given that offensive variants can outspeed Rotom and do massive damage to Sableye at +2 so if it's been weakened the team can be swept. There's probly a few other things since the speed control is Serp + Klefki and once one of those goes down then a ton of threats become more problematic like Manaphy or Diancie.

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Analysis
hello Sobi, I like your idea of using a mega-Sableye balance, this pokemon is capable of working even outside the stall archetypes, making himself very useful in preventing hazards and to control certain Wallbreaker as Tornadus-t, gengar, and also some bulky sweepers set-up as Talonflame (using Toxic), Charizard X (this is a countermeasure for him), as we have seen, you have added 3 sweepers: that the role of eliminating bulky waters (Serperior), grounds as lando, steels (Garchomp), fairy and offensive teams (Bisharp); to help these sweeper you rightly putting klefki you added a fairy switch and speed control, also it provides a very good support with spikes, which can facilitate the sweep of your pokemon, like rotom-w in this team is a good momentum generator and also a good bird counter, finally you have chosen to put ThunderWave on it to further control threats like charizard x. After this brief analysis, we analyze the threats to this team:

Threat List

mega Heracross is a very powerful and dangerous Wallbreaker for your team, has the bulk and strength needed to eliminate your entire team in 1v1, combined with speed control users (klefki, Clefable, Thundurus) becomes very difficult to manage, at this time I think it is the best the best balance breaker, with on SD, substitute, also prevent status from Sableye and rotom-w, and using SD can become quite dangerous, because your team does not have a pokemon that inflicts to Heracross huge damage without boost (see Serperior), and I'm sure that bulky mega hera tank to +2 dragon claw from Garchomp.

Sd Bisharp is another dangerous threat, given the lack of tankchomp, it becomes quite difficult to control it, your very Bisharp is a bait for it, also failed due to the use of lum berry to easily increase the attack without danger of being burned new to rotom-w, lum berry + SD also becomes harmful to Sableye, your only play is to risk the flinch of iron head to burn it again and go Garchomp to kill him, his capacity to eliminate without much trouble fast threats like Serperior makes even more difficult your revenge kill, even klefki is a bait, to paralyze not recommend it highly, because it becomes completely a free switch to Sableye, and then begins to use SD as long as he wants lol.

Keldeo is a threat of excellence in the metagame ou, in the case of your team, specs and subCm are the most difficult versions to check, Keldeo with support hazard stacking, manages to become even more difficult to control, and having a single check (Serperior) and countermeasures with speed control, the burn they become very boring, you should also play many 50/50 to guess the move that will given the lack of a safe switch, sub cm is very boring as I said above, because it can prevent status, and has the possibility of increasing the SpA and hit hard sERP with Secret sword, Sableye is a bait for this set, it must be very careful play around, always trying to find Serperior front of Keldeo, without giving opportunity to keld to use substitute.

mega Lopunny is a great Wallbreaker that inflicts a lot of damage to all of your pokemon, also it becomes dangerous and unwieldy for the lack of tankchomp, your team countermeasures, such as speed control or the burn, that helps your pokemon in revenge kill it, but if lopunny has the right support, which puts pressure on klefki (for example specs Magnezone) becomes really difficult to have the victory in hand, even a healing wisher as a scarf or Latias jirachi give problems to your team, even the hazards help ensure the kill with hjk, I think is one of the most dangerous threats, because it usually has a infinite number of supports which might cause problems for your team.

both charizard mega forms cause problems to the team, charizard y is an incredible threat, you have countermeasures as sd Bisharp in revenge kill or paralysis with klefki also Garchomp is a hard check, but since your offensive Set take 2HKO the switch by fire blast, Moreover charizard y force many switches, weakening with hazard your only occasional switches, talking about sd Bisharp for revenge kill charizard Y, this is put under pressure by Keldeo (common partner of Char Y in sand + sun builds), which makes difficult Bisharp the revenge killing; takling about charizard X, we can say that it is even more difficult to control, because it is capable of DD in front of rotom-w, and even if you twave, charizard almost always has a healing wisher, or if we are in WoW DD set, we have a HealBeller as unaware Clefable for sure, in your team you have more countermeasures to charizard x, in fact speed control + offensive chomp eliminate charizard without too many problems, and the fact that these supporters for zard are very boring and tend to force switch as latios and Latias, but after all it is one of the threats that you can better manage, despite the dangerousness.

volcanion is a great and dangerous Wallbreaker, puts pressure on all members of your team, and your only play is to use Serp to beat it, but you always have to sacrifice some teammate to bring serprerior field, rotom falls after a burn steam eruption coming into range of this HydroScald after rocks, to beat him you have to try and place the hazard fastest possible, and try to put pressure latios (common teammate) using Bisharp and klefki, preventing use defog, or kill him to not re-use it ; talking about Volcarona, I think it's really hard to play against, is a threat less because of the rarity of seeing him, but if he runs lum berry and giga drain becomes really dangerous, beating your twave toxic and countermeasures, only sd Bisharp becomes the only chance to beat theoretically, seeing in battle, it is really hard to win the 50/50, 50/50 if predict that the game is practically lost, even for it, I recommend to test it and immediately put the rocks in the field, you can take good advantage sd Bisharp, since good teammate volc is mega Sableye, using SD force him to back away.

the other grass-type as Breloom and Serperior are quite annoying, they can boost their stats and quickly become very difficult to manage threats, Breloom manages to sleep pokemon lenses as klefki or Bisharp then use sd without too many problems and continue the swept using mach punch of Garchomp and serp, talking about Serperior, given the lack of prio become more manageable and paralyzing using Bisharp and Garchomp to kill him, these two threats love hazard support that helps Breloom to bring in Mach punch range Garchomp and Serperior.

Thundurus nasty plot is top threat for this team, easily able to use nasty plot and continue the sweep, also manages to survive a sucker punch from Bisharp and kill him, this weakness is due to the lack of a fast threat can revenge kill it, but if you play well Bisharp, placing the rocks, you should be able to handle it.

rain teams are difficult to manage, usually run a ground type or an electric type to prevent various Twave and Electric moves, then it becomes difficult for rotom and klefki paralyze sweeper as Kingdra, that pretty much does a round kill if played correctly, playing board well Bisharp and rotom-w to prevent swampert mega-sweep and weaken abusers using sucker punch.

I concluded here, there are definitely other threats that I will have forgotten, sorry for the big post, but I wanted to make a nice post for this project, hope you got inspiration for the core you will have to post in the next step, good evening to all :toast:

Last edited:

Sobi

Banned deucer.
i'm astounded to see the amount of detail some of you guys have put into your posts, really well done! by the way, i hope there's a lot of discussion because you guys are very enthusiastic and enjoy this project, and not because my team is absolute trash...

YOU MAY NOW POST CORES :heart:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)