Where do you prefer to breed?

• Emerald

Votes: 57 47.5%
  • Diamond/Pearl

Votes: 52 43.3%
  • I don't breed

Votes: 11 9.2%

• Total voters
I don't know why people are complaining about resetting in d/p. AT least we get synchers this gen ! Registeel will die...

Well, I voted for D/P simply because I restarted my Emerald and haven't even finished the E4 yet (too lazy to level grind). So I'm fairly inconvenienced there. When I restarted my Emerald, I had no idea about the advantages of breeding there. At least I know better now. I breed a lot in D/P and I'm satisfied with it, but not having those move tutors hurts. I'm breeding my Gardy in Pearl, but I'm considering going with Emerald for Gallade simply because of the tutors.

Also, while I prefer the accuracy of IV battles, they're not the most convenient way. Especially when no one feels like doing an IV battle with you. At least Rare Candies are easy to use whenever you need them (I wouldn't call it much quicker though).

Emerald for all the reasons already stated. IV battles seem like a complete hassle (what if you're not near a computer when you're playing?) and I love the trouble-free cloning. Move tutor exclusivity is just a nice bonus.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I prefer D/P because I can use Pokesav to check the IVs of my eggs before they even hatch.

Emerald. I have to actually sit up and pay attention to the screen in D/P when biking around, whereas in Emerald I can lie in bed (because the GBA is much smaller than the DS) and listen to the music to turn arond in Verdanturf and Route 118. The man stepping one step south is also less ambigious than the man turning directions.

EV training is mostly moot for me. I have so much money spread across all five games that I can use vitamins for 100 EVs, which entails just 38 battles afterwards with Macho Brace + Pokerus. (Enough EV training sessions in LeafGreen has yielded 80 nuggets, but I haven't used it since Attack training in Kindle Road brings me more than enough money.) I know that Power items and Pokerus is just 25 battles without any vitamin investment, but the speed of LG/Emerald is so fast that I don't even mind training that much.

Secondly, Emerald and Kanto have better designed areas for EV training. I was really pissed off on discovering that I had to bring a Cutter in to reach the Old Chateau, whereas the Pokemon Tower has no need for HMs, and has the healing square on the third floor so you don't need to fly out to Eterna after wasting away PP. Speed training in Victory Road requires Waterfall, Rock Climb, and Surf; Route 2 training in Kanto requires nothing. Attack training is better with wild Paras in Mt. Moon than it is to fish around for Seaking and Gyarados.

Also, due to repeated hax in the Frontier, I now have 700 BP but no future plans to breed anything with the punches. Maybe I'll start with Gallade to do something...yet another place where Emerald shines, due to rotating areas and 15BP per run instead of 20BP after three battles (if you start over again).

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Secondly, Emerald and Kanto have better designed areas for EV training. I was really pissed off on discovering that I had to bring a Cutter in to reach the Old Chateau, whereas the Pokemon Tower has no need for HMs, and has the healing square on the third floor so you don't need to fly out to Eterna after wasting away PP. Speed training in Victory Road requires Waterfall, Rock Climb, and Surf; Route 2 training in Kanto requires nothing. Attack training is better with wild Paras in Mt. Moon than it is to fish around for Seaking and Gyarados.
DP has Resort area, which gives 2 EVs in SAtk each (Golducks). It's also pretty close to the pokemon center

SInnoh, simply because I have access to all of the Pokemon I've recieived over wifi for parental puroses. :D But I've thought about this a bit, myself, if only I had started breeding in Emerald. :(

If possible I breed in Emerald purely due to the easy cloning, although in D/P characteristics are great for determining at a glance if it's worth checking. While the IV guy is great, flying to and from BF is just a pain, and checking IVs in D/P is pretty quick anyway, and the eggs usually come faster in D/P due to all my Dittos being imported from Emerald. If the cloning glitch wasn't possible I'd pick D/P though, unless I needed tutor moves. Also, it gives more options for stuff to do when I'm breeding in D/P if I can't check IVs where I'm at, or simply bored of breeding, as I can jump on Emerald and go play around at the BF without disrupting anything.

the only reason I chose Emerald over P/D is the much easier Cloning factor- as with my D/P I couldn't get the Cloning cheat to work from the Action Replay...

i have AR so its not that much of a bitch breeding in D/P.But the Emerald move tutor sounds sweet i dont have emerald but im thinking of buying it,still dont know if its worth the 25$.Iv'e only breed a chimchar and it wasnt that hard so i voted D/P.

I would say that Emerald is worth the money. But then again, I stole mine. >.> Okay, I 'borrowed' it from a friend who didn't like Pokemon anymore.

I like Emerald the best for breeding, pretty much the same reasons for most people.

Easy cloning without needing the internet, easy IV check with the IV breeder, the Move Tutors, GBA is lighter then the DS (yes, this is important. >_>), level 5 eggs is better to see if something is good or not at first glance vs level 1 eggs and the fact that Emerald is faster then DP.

I don't like that some moves that do exist in Emerald can only be bred in DP like Dragon Dancing Totodile or Night Shade + Whirlwind on Hoothoot or stuff like that. Really pisses me off.

I definitely prefer Emerald for a few reasons. To me, since I don't have AR or Pokesav, Emerald is my only way to clone pokemon. It is also where i hoard all my dittos. When I hatch through SR method, the level five hatching is really beneficial for determining whether to take it to the iv man. Really, the ability to clone rare candies and the iv man makes emerald the best. Like Expert Evan, i also enjoy doing the memento base glitch.

Asides from those reasons, my DS doesn't work properly- the top LCD turns white if not at the correct orientation, making it a pain to breed. However, I do realize that Diamond is best for ev training- pokerus abundant on the GTS and the power items mean ev training takes only 20 minutes. I usually clone, then transfer to ev train.

All the methods in Emerald mentioned are very awesome, however DP's characteristics are very helpful to me for knowing if I'm on the right track with IV breeding. I haven't attempted going for multiple good IVs, but to at least know a parent is sharing its 31 Speed can be encouraging.

I like D/P because you can actually see the nature of the pokemon inside of the egg through a glitch

What glitch is this, I've never heard of it!

Well, anyway, I didn't know how to breed in Emerald so I'll say D/P... yep. I had a Lax Salamence in Emerald lol

Emerald all the way. Level 5 eggs, IV checker, cloning. It's all you need. You don't have to worry about Synch's.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'd say Diamond, because I can easily check the Egg's IVs (R4!), and have a fuckload of good parents (Wi-Fi forums are great), and because my Emerald doesn't have THAT much good parents.

However, I got a good number of Dittos with at least two flawless IVs, in just three days, and the Legendary Breeder+Level 5 babies really help in a game where you can't use any AR code.

So, I say it's Emerald. When you have the IV-checking code, Diamond/Pearl is much better, but when you want to go 101% "clean", Emerald kicks everyone's asses.

I just wanted to have Battle Points ._.

I like Emerald because you get the Mach bike for eggs. Plus, I usually migrate them to D/P for EV training with power items. This also gets bonus exp points for easier level-up.

Clarification: The memento base glitch is an extention of the egg battle glitch. If you go into a secret base, you can battle with an egg. It shows the pokemon inside (albeit with the wrong colors) at level 5, but more importantly it can gain levels through experience. Here's what to do, roughly:

1) Get a pokemon with more than 10 hp ev's, and over level 34. Empty your pack except for an egg.

2) Go into a battle with a pokemon that can poison- I use my Resttalk Regice against an oddish on route 119, but any other will work.

3) Once you are poisoned, run around until you have one hp left. Use a pomeg berry to decrease hp. The hp should be at 0, but the pokemon still poisoned.

4) Use an antidote/pecha berry. Go into a secret base with your friend. You will be able to battle them. Enter the battle-you will start with your pokemon. Switch to the egg.

The egg will gain experience and grow levels- even evolve when the other pokemon dies. Pokemon lvl. 100 with memento work best because they die quickly. Latios and Gardevoir give the most experience- latios gives more.
The objective is to raise 6 latios's to level 100, delete all moves except memento, and trade records with a friend.

This only works with emerald- if you try this with ruby or sapphire or do it incorrectly in emerald. Then the hp will turn into two ??, and when it engages into battle and receives damage, the hp loops from 65,536 or something like that. It's quite funny to watch. In emerald, you can hatch an evolved pokemon- i.e. a level 5 blazekin. It is the only way for pokemon like agiligross to be used in Lvl. 50 battle frontier play besides for hacking.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I prefer to use Emerald, and do so as long as I can. By that, I mean not needing a D/P exclusive move or Pokémon, the game isn't as slow, either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)