Breeding Perfect Pokemon in Pokemon X&Y

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this on /vp/:
I found it very nicely laid out and simple to read. This really goes deep into breeding, then what to do with your baby.
It's a nice coverage and intro to how to breed, however I don't agree with the over use of dittos. Yes if you have those dittos then it works but if you don't (and starting out breeders won't) and rather not catch them, you have the alternate method of using baby or safari Pokemon in the same Egg group. Or breed a 3-5 IV baby with something that is in the right egg group.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Thanks for clearing up my question; this is a great intro and really should go on the main site which could use an XY section with stuff like this. You might want to add to the OP some statistics for flawless 6-IV pokemon as well. If you have two parents that are 5-IV flawless, the chance of getting a child that has 6 31s is 1/192. This is true for parents with deficiencies in either the same stat or separate stats. You can show this through a pretty straightforward use of the hypergeometric distribution.

edit: I'm dumb, it's mentioned a couple pages ago -- but it probably deserves to go into the main post.

It's a nice coverage and intro to how to breed, however I don't agree with the over use of dittos. Yes if you have those dittos then it works but if you don't (and starting out breeders won't) and rather not catch them, you have the alternate method of using baby or safari Pokemon in the same Egg group. Or breed a 3-5 IV baby with something that is in the right egg group.
This.

I honestly prefer using baby pokemon to get a quint or hex flawless father for transferring IVs as it requires much less luck and searching for a specific safari than baby poekmon. Azuril and Lucario even have the bonus of having desirable evolutions. Ditto certainly has its breeding uses, but right now it is highly overrated.

Last edited:
Is incest breeding "two seem to get along" new?

I recall it being a low chance for an egg before

E:

Also, whats the downside to ditto if you arent getting any egg moves anyway

E:

Baby pokemon and other initially unbreedable (Nidorina) are caught with 3 IVs and when a superior parent is born you can switch them out. You cannot breed a better ditto and have to first acquire a ditto safari then farm dittos until you get decent IV spreads. Or you could always trade for a decent ditto.

If you aren't concerned about egg moves there won't be a reason to avoid using ditto once December rolls around. Many will have flawless dittos.

Right now however its all about ease of access, it is much easier to use baby pokemon to breed a hex or quint flawless male to act as an IV transferring mon than it is to get a decent ditto, especially for new breeders.

*Edit* Edited prior post to clarify that right now ditto is highly overrated. I can see how that point could have been confusing with how I phrased it.

Last edited:

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n

E:

You have a higher chance of producing eggs if the Pokemon have the same species and/or different OT. Hence "The two seem to get along" vs "don't seem to get along"

The downside of using Ditto is its very difficult to get one with more than 2-3 good IVs at a time until PokeBank is available.

Ok, I HAVE to be doing something wrong!
Breeding these two:
x / x / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 Male Fennekin holding Everstone (Timid)
and
31 / 31 / x / x / 31 / x Female Fennekin holding Destiny Knot (Adamant)

Yet I have yet to hatch one
31 / x / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31

Is it just bad luck or? Two boxe later btw.

Breeding these two:
and

At the moment, your chances of hatching a 31/x/31/31/31/31 offspring are a mere 1/96 chance (1/6 of Attack not being passed down, 4 1/2 chances of the flawless IVs being passed). Not having your final product at this point is no surprise.

At the moment, your chances of hatching a 31/x/31/31/31/31 offspring are a mere 1/96 chance (1/6 of Attack not being passed down, 4 1/2 chances of the flawless IVs being passed). Not having your final product at this point is no surprise.

Really? Oh, then I better get to breeding.

Unfortunately the 12.5% female rate for starters makes them particularly annoying to breed, especially if you want the HA.
I have the Female with HA, so it isn't a problem really. I go by batches of 5, msot have been 3/5 or 4/5 with HA so it is all good. I normally get One Female every three batches >_>

I have the Female with HA, so it isn't a problem really. I go by batches of 5, msot have been 3/5 or 4/5 with HA so it is all good. I normally get One Female every three batches >_>
I meant a better female to increase your chances, that is if you are still using the 31 / 31 / x / x / 31 / x. The more IV overlap the better your chances of breeding a quint-flawless product. The low female rate for starters makes it a rather lengthy process compared to a 50/50 male/female poke.

Breeding these two:
and

I just started breeding this gen and my flawless maril took me 192 eggs (I even caught the two babies to get the high IVs)

a quick tip i would recommend is as you get better parents you switch them because after i started doing that breeding went from 192 eggs to a LOT less.

for example lets say you breed a 31/31/31/x/31/x female, you can replace it with the 31/31/x/x/31/x it will cut down the eggs you need by a large amount.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Does anyone have a brave synchronizer?? I'm going to try to get a marill and mawile with zero speed IV's for breeding. Also, how do you figure out the other IV's for your pokemon?? The guy at the Kiloude pokemon center tells you 2 of your IV's, and I know the friend safari always gives you 2 flawless (the ones he usually tells you), but how do you figure out the rest?? Also, if anyone happens to have spitbacks of these pokemon with zero IV's in speed, please let me know!

Does anyone have a brave synchronizer?? I'm going to try to get a marill and mawile with zero speed IV's for breeding. Also, how do you figure out the other IV's for your pokemon?? The guy at the Kiloude pokemon center tells you 2 of your IV's, and I know the friend safari always gives you 2 flawless (the ones he usually tells you), but how do you figure out the rest?? Also, if anyone happens to have spitbacks of these pokemon with zero IV's in speed, please let me know!
The guy at Kiloude will always tell you ALL of your stats that share the highest IV. On a 31/31/31/x/31/31 Kangaskhan, for example, he would say "Best stat is HP. Attack is good too. So is Defense. And Special Defense. And also, it's Speed. These stats can't be beat!" The bolded part is how you know if they're actually 31 IVs or not; he will say something else for 30 and lower. Any stats that are notably low will be mentioned as well, though I've come across multiple phrases so I don't think it's just 0 IVs that are brought up.

Any stats that are notably low will be mentioned as well, though I've come across multiple phrases so I don't think it's just 0 IVs that are brought up.
I think that it is just the 0 IVs (or maybe 0-5) and the different phrases are just flavor based on the stat. Eg two that I remember of the top of my head are "you won't be getting anywhere with that speed" and "you'll barely scratch your opponent with that sp.atk" (or something along those lines)

Can someone help me? I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I've been at it all day, 87 Sableyes later, still not what I want. I've finally got my IV's on the parents I want and now I just have to pass them to the baby. I have a father with Max HP and Def IV's, and a mother with Max HP IV's. All I want is for a baby to have Max HP and Defense IV's with Prankster and Recovery. All my babies have max HP and Speed, which makes no sense to me IMO. Neither parent has MAX Speed, and Speed is useless on a Prankster. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? The mother is Impish and holding an Everstone. The Father is holding the Destiny Knot.

Can someone help me? I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I've been at it all day, 87 Sableyes later, still not what I want. I've finally got my IV's on the parents I want and now I just have to pass them to the baby. I have a father with Max HP and Def IV's, and a mother with Max HP IV's. All I want is for a baby to have Max HP and Defense IV's with Prankster and Recovery. All my babies have max HP and Speed, which makes no sense to me IMO. Neither parent has MAX Speed, and Speed is useless on a Prankster. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? The mother is Impish and holding an Everstone. The Father is holding the Destiny Knot.
You checked both parents at the Kiloude Pokemon Center, right? Having multiple max speed seems weird, if they really don't have it.

Regardless, if you're really only interested in two max stats, have the father hold the Power item for Defense rather than Destiny Knot; that way, you have to just wait until you get a child with an inherited HP IV is born, and he'll have both max HP and Def.

You checked both parents at the Kiloude Pokemon Center, right? Having multiple max speed seems weird, if they really don't have it.

Regardless, if you're really only interested in two max stats, have the father hold the Power item for Defense rather than Destiny Knot; that way, you have to just wait until you get a child with an inherited HP IV is born, and he'll have both max HP and Def.
I've tried that, I've only gotten babies with just Defense Maxed out. Since Sableye's HP is so low, it's really important to have max HP as well as Defense to be a Will-o-wisping defensive wall. I bred about a box full of Sableye's with the Defense power item and nothing. After not getting what I needed I went with the Destiny Knot and crossed my fingers. This whole process is very frustrating, if it wasn't for the Recovery egg move, I would of just caught a Sableye from the Friend Safari with an Impish Synchronizer in the first slot.

Just out of curiosity, what do you guys do to those pokes that you got that had 3-4 IVs, when you were aiming for 5? They are flooding my boxes right now. lol
Depending on if you plan to start a trade thread/feel benevolent you can wonder trade them. Starting doing it to get PP Max's at the lottery.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
The Everstone doesn't help with IVs, only nature. Consider using a Power Belt on the father and a Destiny Knot on the mother until you have a male that is maxed HP and Defense, then re-breed with the same mother holding Everstone and the new father holding Destiny Knot.

I have a question for x/y
I have ditto (destiny knot) with 31/x/31/x/31/x
And a female joltik (everstone) with x/31/x/31/x/31
Lucky enough i got 1 joltik female with 5 perfect IV save for sp. attack
Would it be better to use the newly hatched 5 perfect iv with a desitny knot and use a male joltik with a sp atk power item?
To spawn a perfect 6 iv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)