Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-114881689

Turn 19. I stay frozen 10 turns in a row. This is a 0.0000059049% chance (calculated by a friend). I used “Roar” every turn, and when I finally thawed out on the 11th turn, I went for Synthesis instead. Is there a mechanic (or a glitch) I don’t know that makes you stay frozen if you go for Roar?

Fun fact: earlier on I had 2 more turns of freeze, so it’s a whopping 12 turns in a row total (didn’t go for Roar those 2 turns, I think… don’t remember).
Anyone know anything about this?

My month long research concludes you were probably just unlucky.
I don’t think you can be as unlucky as to hit a 0.000000531441% probability. There is clearly some sort of glitch or weird mechanic going on here. There are more chances of the world suddenly ending into nothing. I mean, one time I got flinched 8 turns in a row with 60% IIRC, but this is on a whole new level.

I’d try to run some tests but my friends aren’t available atm.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
I don’t think you can be as unlucky as to hit a 0.000000531441% probability. There is clearly some sort of glitch or weird mechanic going on here. There are more chances of the world suddenly ending into nothing.

No, but you can be as unlucky as to hit a 10.73741824% probability, which is what the actual odds turn out to be of that happening (.8^10 * 100. Calc it for yourself if you don't believe me).

No, but you can be as unlucky as to hit a 10.73741824% probability, which is what the actual odds turn out to be of that happening (.8^10 * 100. Calc it for yourself if you don't believe me).
I’m terrible at maths, a friend of mine made the calculation. As I understand it though, the correct calculation is this: .7^12×100 = 1.3841287201%.

.7 = thawing chance is 30%, so 70% of it not happening. ^12 = I was frozen for 12 turns in a row, in total. ×100 = I have no idea what this means, but you used it in your calculation.

Then it’s not that terribly unlucky. I wonder if it’s the unluckiest anyone has ever been on PS, though. Although put this way it really feels underwhelming, I’ve missed dozens of Air Slashes and maybe even twice in a row before. Calculated Toxic miss thrice in a row, that would be 0.1%. I think that’s happened to me. 2 has happened on multiple occasions (1%).

This is all so misleading, hitting a Focus Blast 12 turns in a row is far more amazing than missing a Toxic twice.

Last edited:

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
I’m terrible at maths, a friend of mine made the calculation. As I understand it though, the correct calculation is this: .7^12×100 = 1.3841287201%.

.7 = thawing chance is 30%, so 70% of it not happening. ^12 = I was frozen for 12 turns in a row, in total. ×100 = I have no idea what this means, but you used it in your calculation.

Then it’s not that terribly unlucky. I wonder if it’s the unluckiest anyone has ever been on PS, though. Although put this way it really feels underwhelming, I’ve missed dozens of Air Slashes and maybe even twice in a row before.
Thawing chance is 20%... I missed the 2 earlier turns though, which was my bad. The actual percent with those 2 turns is 6.87%, so it's just slightly less than my previous calc. The 100 converts the decimal result to a percent value.

Originally Posted by THEFOREVERMAN
I took half of my bus ride to write this so I better get frost bucks for each one of these lol.

Some major errors I found on the battle servers for tablet devices (specifically iPad).
1. PM does not work 90% of the time while a group chat is open. (On right side.)
2. PM only can be used if the 'select group chat' is open.
3. If a user tries to type in PM box while group chat is open, the keyboard is put away. (One character is typed.)
4. When selecting on 'lobby chat' in home tab, the lobby is opened but key board is put up and ready to type there.
5. When selecting any tab such as another group chat, the key board is again, put up.
6. When in battle, a attack button has to be clicked 2-5 times before it works.
7. When typing in group chat, there is a lot of times when the last thing you sent is put back into your text box behind what you already typed, so you must erase that part or start over. Sometimes it looks like a jumbled mess. (This is the second site that has this error I found.)

Butterfree vs Chimecho

Butterfree (bug/flying) with 3x stat boost (from quiver dance), Chimecho (psychic) w/o any boost and here's the bug:

Butterfree's Psychic (90 power and not very effective on Chimecho) do more damage then Giga Drain (75 power and neutral on Chimecho)

Here the log:

Turn 30
You have 150 seconds to make your decision.

The opposing Chimecho used Psychic!
Butterfree lost 15.2% of its health!

Butterfree used Psychic!
It's not very effective... The opposing Chimecho lost 74% of its health!

The opposing Chimecho restored HP using its Leftovers!
Butterfree restored HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 31
You have 150 seconds to make your decision.

The opposing Chimecho used Recover!
The opposing Chimecho regained health!

Butterfree used Giga Drain!
The opposing Chimecho lost 63% of its health!
The opposing Chimecho had its energy drained!

The opposing Chimecho restored HP using its Leftovers!
and here the full battle's replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-115236989

Bean

༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Tinted Lens: This Pokemon's attacks that are not very effective on a target do double damage.

It was probably this.

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Yes it does, this is common knowledge among a lot of people actually. It has to do with your cookies messing up if you have like 30+ teams saved and might not be easily fixed, but it is still damn annoying.
I've never had that issue and have almost 200 teams. Did you accept the match while editing or quickly after editing said team?

I've never had that issue and have almost 200 teams. Did you accept the match while editing or quickly after editing said team?
It has happened to me a lot. 5+ minutes after editing the team and triple checking that it saved properly, it still finds a way to screw up within the few short seconds of accepting a battle.
It could have to do with what browser I use idk

I don’t think you can be as unlucky as to hit a 0.000000531441% probability. There is clearly some sort of glitch or weird mechanic going on here. There are more chances of the world suddenly ending into nothing. I mean, one time I got flinched 8 turns in a row with 60% IIRC, but this is on a whole new level.

It's happened to me, and if there's a chance then of course it could happen lol.
Also how have you calculated the world ending into nothing? I'd be very intrigued to find out.

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hey, this is just a minor thing with the /dexsearch command (maybe others?), but:

and

Searching "Reflect Type" with a space means it will display Pokemon with Reflect, while searching "Reflect_Type" will actually display Pokemon with Reflect Type. I don't know if this is easily solvable, but figured I would post it for awareness anyways. It messed me up a lot when I was trying to search for certain combinations of moves, only to find out that it was giving me Pokemon who could learn Reflect + whatever other move instead of Reflect Type + whatever other move.

I found out recently Sludge Wave on Gengar is not considered Illegal in Pokemon Showdown, even though it impossible to teach it to Gengar.

(I hope this is the right place for this >.<;)

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

TalkTakesTime

as shallow as a plate of cereal
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey, this is just a minor thing with the /dexsearch command (maybe others?), but:

and

Searching "Reflect Type" with a space means it will display Pokemon with Reflect, while searching "Reflect_Type" will actually display Pokemon with Reflect Type. I don't know if this is easily solvable, but figured I would post it for awareness anyways. It messed me up a lot when I was trying to search for certain combinations of moves, only to find out that it was giving me Pokemon who could learn Reflect + whatever other move instead of Reflect Type + whatever other move.
Should be fixed on next restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 21)