Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sharingan is right about that foddering bug, that needs to be fixed. Also i was playing with a porygon2 today when this happened
Turn 5
You have 150 seconds to make your decision.
Suicune, come back!
Go! Porygon2!
Porygon2 traced the opposing SATEN's Intimidate!
The opposing SATEN usedSubstitute!
The opposing SATEN put in a substitute!
The opposing SATEN lost 24% of its health!
Turn 6
The opposing SATEN usedHidden Power!
Porygon2 lost25.9%of its health!
Porygon2 usedThunderbolt!
It's super effective! The opposing SATEN's substitute faded!
Porygon2 restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 7
Only one way road withdrew SATEN(Gyarados)!
Only one way road sent out TOUMA(Slaking)!
Porygon2 traced the opposing TOUMA's Truant!
Porygon2 usedToxic!
The opposing TOUMA avoided the attack!
Turn 8
The opposing TOUMA usedShadow Ball!
It doesn't affect Porygon2...
Porygon2 is loafing around!
As you can see porygon2 switches in on gyara, traces intimidate, then his slaking comes in, and porygon2 traces truant. Porygon2 only traces the ability of what it switches into, not what switches into it.

basically all old gen are horrible bugged.

gen2: berserk gene raises atk by 2 stages, but does not confuse the holder.
That was a typo, and should be fixed after next restart.
Also, it would be more helpful if you described all those bugs rather than just saying "omg it's bugged".

every night, before sleeping, i ask myself why smogon has a gen 1 ou ladder "full" of people playing without freeze clause in a mg where freezing condition is so strong.
If a player were protected from having 2 of their pokémon frozen, that would be a bug.

Sometimes, at the beginning of a battle, my PS for Mac crashes and shuts down entirely. It crashes before the music starts playing, so I think that may be where the issue lies.

Has this been fixed in the latest version? I downloaded my version of PS quite a while ago.
UPDATE: My Mac crashed again while playing PS, in exactly the same scenario as before the update, meaning the bug is still not fixed. Thus, I am reporting the bug once again.

Also, it would be more helpful if you described all those bugs rather than just saying "omg it's bugged".
I described those bugs few pages back, but seems no one noticed that.

If a player were protected from having 2 of their pokémon frozen, that would be a bug.
are you serious?

Freezing is the strongest status effect on first generation. when a pokémon is frozen they will never thaw out. so it is dead. This means that all freezing moves have 10% chances to kill one of your pokémon that often come eating icy moves: snorlax, chansey, alakazam. RBY is full of Ice moves, they are used even from normal type pokémon for 2 reasons:

1 coverage. (blizzard has 90% accuracy so it's a pretty strong moves since hits exeggutor, rock/ground types, has high BP, plus the strongest secondary effect of the game)
2 raises the chances of freezing.

freezing a poké can determinate the hesit of battle more heavily then in other metas (where you have the chances to thaw out, and bellers lol). the classic chansey vs chansey freezing war, where rbyers recommand to noobs players to not paralyze chansey because after that you can't freeze her! It is not just a lucky event when lots of your poké run ice moves, the freezing chances raise during the battle. RBY isn't properly XY, where battles are 15 turns long and if you freeze someone you are lucky, rby's players try to freeze certains poké to sweep with another one: ex chansey => starmie3 wins. so this can be part of a player's game plan. i don't want to imagine if we have to deal with a double-freezing battle. clauses were introduced in gen 1 to avoid this. I think we should respect past players as they played the game for what it was, and not implement newgen rules in old metas, especially when most people doesn't even know them.

Beta.

Ruff Ruff amirite?
I described those bugs few pages back, but seems no one noticed that.

are you serious?

Freezing is the strongest status effect on first generation. when a pokémon is frozen they will never thaw out. so it is dead. This means that all freezing moves have 10% chances to kill one of your pokémon that often come eating icy moves: snorlax, chansey, alakazam. RBY is full of Ice moves, they are used even from normal type pokémon for 2 reasons:

1 coverage. (blizzard has 90% accuracy so it's a pretty strong moves since hits exeggutor, rock/ground types, has high BP, plus the strongest secondary effect of the game)
2 raises the chances of freezing.

freezing a poké can determinate the hesit of battle more heavily then in other metas (where you have the chances to thaw out, and bellers lol). the classic chansey vs chansey freezing war, where rbyers recommand to noobs players to not paralyze chansey because after that you can't freeze her! It is not just a lucky event when lots of your poké run ice moves, the freezing chances raise during the battle. RBY isn't properly XY, where battles are 15 turns long and if you freeze someone you are lucky, rby's players try to freeze certains poké to sweep with another one: ex chansey => starmie3 wins. so this can be part of a player's game plan. i don't want to imagine if we have to deal with a double-freezing battle. clauses were introduced in gen 1 to avoid this. I think we should respect past players as they played the game for what it was, and not implement newgen rules in old metas, especially when most people doesn't even know them.
If I am correct, the thing with the past gens is that it is trying to be as close to in-game as possible. If you want it to be changed in terms of a freeze clause, that would be brought up in the Ruins of Alph forums here. As of now, I doubt this would classify as a bug, as it is not a failure in coding. This is more of a clause issue, than a coding one.

So, just read it's already known. Explosion doesn't take in account burns (I'm pissed of losing to this (aka Lead Mew), so I came here) to ask when will it be fixed. Thanks.

RBY

Turn 50

Snorlax used Reflect!

The opposing Snorlax used Body Slam!
Snorlax lost 13% of its health!

Turn 61
The opposing Snorlax used Body Slam
A critical hit! Snorlax lost 25% of its health!
Snorlax used Body Slam!
The opposing Snorlax lost 28.0% of its health!

Snorlax didn't switch. Crit must bypass reflect/light screen accordingo to:

Generation I
Reflect doubles the user's Defense when the opponent damages the user with a physical move.

Reflect will fail if the user is already under its effect. The effect of Reflect is ignored by self-inflicted confusion damage and critical hits. If Reflect causes the user's defense to reach 1024 or higher at any time during battle calculations, it will be reduced mod 1024.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Reflect_(move)

My Espeon with Magic Bounce came out on the turn when Excadrill(which had Sand Rush, not Mold Breaker) used Stealth Rocks, but it just went on my side of the field instead of bouncing back... Sadly I don't have a battle link :(
BTW none of the other person's pokemon had Mold Breaker.

Reisen

Chief Digital Officer
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello guys,

I wanted to report a little bug that is not really huge, sorry I haven't screenshots but I can explain it.
I read some pages of the topic but I didn't take the time read the 179 pages sorry :x So if it already reported just tell me.

The bug is about the ability Mummy. When I use Cofagrigus and an ennemy get Mummy, then he switched out the pokemon that get mummy and during the game he sends back that pokemon on the field, this pokemon still got the Mummy ability description (but has his own ability that works).
Or when you switch out Mummy has to totally disapear and at start I was really confused.

For example: Landorus with Intimidate using Knock Off on Cofa, he get Mummy cause physical attack, he is switched out, during the game he is sent back on the field, when you put your mouse cursor on Landorus you will see "Ability: Mummy" but actually it is indimidate because his ability still working.

Hope I was clear xo

Okay something is up with grassy terrain I had few battles where i was trying out one of my silly things again
In the first battle:
Electrict terrain was used and grassy terrain afterwards, there was also drizzle inserted midway.
as a result the electrict terrain persisted through the whole battle

In the next terrain I used grassy terrain and secret power, instead of giving the sleep effect it should, it made the enemy paralyzed, there was sandstorm going on during it tho so I'll mention that. Secret power should turn to 30% sleep under grassy terrain, the paralyzis occurs in electrict terrain instead. (Incase you're wondering: the secret power user is serene grace, I am trying out a 60% sleep + damage this way lel)
So I am thinking there might be a little oopsie there?

Unfortunantly I did not get the replays but I can try reproduce these if replays are needed.

Ple
Okay something is up with grassy terrain I had few battles where i was trying out one of my silly things again
In the first battle:
Electrict terrain was used and grassy terrain afterwards, there was also drizzle inserted midway.
as a result the electrict terrain persisted through the whole battle

In the next terrain I used grassy terrain and secret power, instead of giving the sleep effect it should, it made the enemy paralyzed, there was sandstorm going on during it tho so I'll mention that. Secret power should turn to 30% sleep under grassy terrain, the paralyzis occurs in electrict terrain instead. (Incase you're wondering: the secret power user is serene grace, I am trying out a 60% sleep + damage this way lel)
So I am thinking there might be a little oopsie there?

Unfortunantly I did not get the replays but I can try reproduce these if replays are needed.
Post a replay

Team selection is looking for ubers teams as if I had selected Ubers for every meta.

Tried deleting cookies & refreshing, a couple hours ago it worked just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)