Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having the same problem on every meta on Pandora, only it insists I have no 1vs1 teams -but will still automatically select my most recent team that fits the format when I select the format.

upload_2014-10-12_13-18-35.png

So I was trying to nickname my my Pokemon after faces, like ">:(", ">:|" and ">:D", but when I tried to ladder with them nicknamed like that, it said "The Pokemon '>:' does not exist". I tried removing the ">" from the faces, but then it would just say "The Pokemon ':' does not exist". Why isn't this working? And can someone fix this please :[

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine

So I was trying to nickname my my Pokemon after faces, like ">:(", ">:|" and ">:D", but when I tried to ladder with them nicknamed like that, it said "The Pokemon '>:' does not exist". I tried removing the ">" from the faces, but then it would just say "The Pokemon ':' does not exist". Why isn't this working? And can someone fix this please :[
That second face contains the character |. Replace the | with an l and you should be fine. As someone whose team names contain all faces I can confirm this :P

Okay something is up with grassy terrain I had few battles where i was trying out one of my silly things again
In the first battle:
Electrict terrain was used and grassy terrain afterwards, there was also drizzle inserted midway.
as a result the electrict terrain persisted through the whole battle

In the next terrain I used grassy terrain and secret power, instead of giving the sleep effect it should, it made the enemy paralyzed, there was sandstorm going on during it tho so I'll mention that. Secret power should turn to 30% sleep under grassy terrain, the paralyzis occurs in electrict terrain instead. (Incase you're wondering: the secret power user is serene grace, I am trying out a 60% sleep + damage this way lel)
So I am thinking there might be a little oopsie there?

Unfortunantly I did not get the replays but I can try reproduce these if replays are needed.

And now with a replay:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-172649432

This is probably largely irrelevant, but:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-173082126

Apparently, a team of all assists causes a stack overflow issue. If I recall correctly, there are quite a few moves assist cannot call so this probably can happen with multiple different combinations. I'm not even sure what happens in this situation, and while it is resolved relatively well, I can't imagine this is how the game handles it. Also, the replay says to post it in the bug thread so there's that.

This is probably largely irrelevant, but:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-173082126

Apparently, a team of all assists causes a stack overflow issue. If I recall correctly, there are quite a few moves assist cannot call so this probably can happen with multiple different combinations. I'm not even sure what happens in this situation, and while it is resolved relatively well, I can't imagine this is how the game handles it. Also, the replay says to post it in the bug thread so there's that.
If it says to post here, it most definitely is not irrelevant ;o
Anyway, this has been emergency-fixed by Zarel.

Hello~

So I was playing a match against a friend the other day; specifically, a Random Triple Tournament battle hosted in the Meteor Falls room. My espeon, sadly, fainted rather early in the game, but the sprite didn't disappear. My opponent could see this too, but when we called spectators, they didn't see the "zombie" Espeon. I couldn't snag a replay, but I did get a screenshot. Apologies, I didn't know i needed to save the replay:
Screenshot (102).png

Pikachuun

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-173412089

Nidoking gets life orb recoil if use a sheer force boosted move via sleep talk (actually even via metronome).
I tested it in game and my drmanitan doesn't get life orb recoil when he uses sleep talk-> fire punch.
Looking at this replay uncovers the real bug; Sheer Force does not activate when a move is called by another one.
Earth Power should do a bit more to Chansey than 19%; I calc'd 22% at least.

a thing about 3rd gen:

explosion kills your opponent first. this means you win if you kill your opponent and both of you have only one pokemon left. introduce self-ko clause, please.

I was using a Talonflame with a speed of 306, and my opponent had a Crawdaunt on the field. The problem is that his Aqua Jet out sped my Brave Bird. My Talonflame did have Gale Wings, and his Crawdaunt was not Choice Scarfed. He even agreed I should have gone first. There may be a bug with Gale Wings, Brave Bird, or Aqua Jet.

I was using a Talonflame with a speed of 306, and my opponent had a Crawdaunt on the field. The problem is that his Aqua Jet out sped my Brave Bird. My Talonflame did have Gale Wings, and his Crawdaunt was not Choice Scarfed. He even agreed I should have gone first. There may be a bug with Gale Wings, Brave Bird, or Aqua Jet.
Are you able to provide a replay? There's most likely some sort of mechanic you're overlooking.

Oddly enough, if I dexsearch for things that learn both Air Slash and Earth Power, Showdown insists that only Rayquaza and Smeargle can do this. If I use /Learn to check that Shaymin can learn both, it says "Absolutely, in any generation before Gen VI", so there's some weird inconsistency here.

I found a minor bug (probably):
In a custom game, my opponent was using a skill link arceus-ICE. I used shadow sneak with my shedinja but it did not affect the opposing arceus-ICE.
I know that, since the battle is a custom battle, arceus's ability is not multitype anymore. However, a arceus-ICE should take move damage from a shadow sneak, since it is ice-type and not normal-type.
Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-174135582 The bug happens at turn 7.
Thank you for fixing it!

Pikachuun

I found a minor bug (probably):
In a custom game, my opponent was using a skill link arceus-ICE. I used shadow sneak with my shedinja but it did not affect the opposing arceus-ICE.
I know that, since the battle is a custom battle, arceus's ability is not multitype anymore. However, a arceus-ICE should take move damage from a shadow sneak, since it is ice-type and not normal-type.
Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-174135582 The bug happens at turn 7.
Thank you for fixing it!
That's just game mechanics. If an Arceus is not Multitype + Plate, it will be Normal type.

So I just encountered a huge (and hilarious) bug, that actually caused another bug to occur as well. I'll list the scenario, the replay, and the log, for everyone to look at. Scenario - Random doubles battle. I will refer to my opponent's pokemon as left and right in reference to their positions. This bug only affected my opponent, so I will only talk about what happened to him and his pokemon.

Accelgor (Left), Whiscash (Right). Whiscash uses earthquake, hits Accelgor (Left) with red card, and so Whiscash (Right) is forced to randomly swap out. Random pokemon swapped in the (Right) position and is immediately KO'd seemingly by Whiscash's (Right) own earthquake (This is bug #1.) My opponent is then unable to swap in another pokemon into the (Right) position, and he claims he was told that the game was waiting on me. It displayed attacking options to me, even though he had no one in the (Right) position yet (Bug #2.) I had to turn battle timer on to time him out in order to end the battle.

Battle log of turn 6 -
Metagross used Bullet Punch!
It's not very effective... The opposing Whiscash lost 8.6% of its health!

The opposing Accelgor used Giga Drain!
It's super effective! Milotic lost 39.0% of its health!
Milotic ate its Sitrus Berry!
Milotic restored HP using its Sitrus Berry!

Milotic used Recover!
Milotic regained health!

The opposing Whiscash used Earthquake!
It's not very effective... The opposing Accelgor lost 43.2% of its health!
The opposing Accelgor held up its Red Card against the opposing Whiscash!

Mienshao was dragged out!
Milotic lost 53.4% of its health!
It's super effective! Metagross lost 67.7% of its health!
The opposing Mienshao lost some of its HP!

The opposing Mienshao fainted!

Metagross restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Link - http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randomdoublesbattle-174132899

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)