Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Every time I log back in to the server, my teams are not there and I have to re-create them.
Teams are stored in cookies (or local storage/DOM storage/whatever). Clearing your history fully will delete said storage. Moral of the story is avoid clearing cookies where possible, don't use private browsing, and backup your teams regularly using the backup option at the bottom of the teambuilder to your hard-drive/email/cloud storage.

Cloud Nine doesn't cancel the weather, it merely negates any effects the weather has while the Cloud Nine pokemon is in play.

There are only a few bugs we know of with Cloud Nine right now, with these abilities (and one move) only: Dry Skin, Ice Body, Rain Dish, Solar Power, Weather Ball.
Durr. Sorry for wasting your time.

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Battle between pedrophile and Furai started!
pedrophile sent out Genesect!
Furai sent out Ditto!
The foe's Genesect's Download raised its Special Attack!
Ditto transformed into Genesect!

p sure download should be activated there

Swoobat's speed stat seems erroneous.

A level 100 Swoobat's speed with maxed speed EVs and +nature should go up to 359, yet it only goes up to 325 for me in the team editor.
I've only observed this in Swoobat; I don't know if it's the case for other pokemon.

Edit, please ignore, i had set IV to 0 from a previous pokemon

A level 100 Swoobat's speed with maxed speed EVs and +nature should go up to 359, yet it only goes up to 325 for me in the team editor.
I've only observed this in Swoobat; I don't know if it's the case for other pokemon.
Make sure you have the nature correct, so try Timid or try typing in + in Speed and - in Attack. It worked fine for me

I'm getting 359 speed with my Swoobat. Did you try leaving it's tab and returning to ensure the changes took place?

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
My Ditto's Imposter didn't activate when it got sent in after my Cinccino killed a Musharna with U-Turn. I'm 95% sure that abilities like Imposter are supposed to activate at the first possible moment in situations like that.

Also, I don't have a log to demonstrate it, and it might have been fixed since this happened, but I remember a while back that a Gardevoir Traced my Ditto's Imposter and Transformed into Ditto. It was quite lulzy and I didn't think of it much at the time, but, according to Veekun, Trace isn't supposed to work on Imposter.
Anticipation, Download, Forewarn, Frisk, Imposter, and Intimidate do not activate if they are switched in when there is no opposing Pokemon on the field. The Trace and Imposter bug has indeed been fixed since then.

Your Speed IV is set to 0.

Not sure if Cloud Nine does this, but Air Lock does not completely negate weather; I had switched in my Revanankh on a Mollux and it still recovered HP with Dry Skin.

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Not sure if Cloud Nine does this, but Air Lock does not completely negate weather; I had switched in my Revanankh on a Mollux and it still recovered HP with Dry Skin.
Relados said:
There are only a few bugs we know of with Cloud Nine right now, with these abilities (and one move) only: Dry Skin, Ice Body, Rain Dish, Solar Power, Weather Ball.
I assume the same holds true for Air Lock, since they're the same thing.

When I hit find battle, Showdown will find me a battle then not bring up my room? Or let me go into my battle?

I've just faced a Speed Boost Torchic in LC, when it got released only male lvl10 and therefore shouldn't be allowed in LC.
Was there any new release for it? Couldn't find anything about, so I posted it here.
Up..

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
eruption didnt do damage: (perhaps because of a rounding error at very low hps?)

quilava was at 1% hp after the toxic damage
Turn 3
Imanalt called Torkoal back!
Imanalt sent out Quagsire!
The foe's Quilava used Eruption!
It's not very effective... Quagsire lost 7% of its health!
The foe's Quilava was hurt by poison!
Turn 4
The foe's Quilava used Eruption!
Quagsire used Stockpile!
Quagsire stockpiled 1!
Quagsire's stockpile raised its Defense!
Quagsire's stockpile raised its Special Defense!
The foe's Quilava was hurt by poison!
The foe's Quilava fainted!

Apparently Gallade can't learn Wish:

Your team was rejected for the following reasons:

- Gallade must come from a specific event that gives it synchronize or trace.
It doesn't get either of those abilities.

Hail did damage to my foe's Lugia while its substitute was up. Not sure if that's normal, but regardless, it occurred.

Meditite used Bullet Punch!
The foe's Lugia lost 13% of its health!
The foe's Lugia used Substitute!
The foe's Lugia put in a substitute!
The foe's Lugia lost 25% of its health!
The hail crashes down.
The foe's Lugia is buffeted by the hail!
Meditite is buffeted by the hail!
The foe's Lugia restored HP using its Leftovers!

Is a direct in-match example of what happened.

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

This happens with Salamence too.
Both Gallade and Salamence must come from an event to have Wish. That means their abilities, nature, and moves must all be obtainable by that pokemon from the event (that is, you can't give them a move or ability that is unique to a different even than the one that gives them Wish). Both Gallade and Salamence learn it from a generation 3 event; you'd have to look up which one to find out the specifics of it.

I think the boost/debuff from Rivalry is blocked by Substitute when the descriptions on Veekun and other places say nothing about the ability doing this. A Beautifly recently did 18% to my opposite gender Amoonguss, than broke my Substitute on the next turn. Here are some calcs that demonstrate this is impossible unless this was the case:

0 SpAtk Swarm Beautifly Bug Buzz vs. 228 HP/252 SpDef+ Amoonguss - 19.25-22.77% (Swarm Beautifly will never do 18% to Amoonguss unless it is running less than max IVs for some inexplicable reason, so the extra damage can't be due to it's HP dropping into Swarm range)
252 SpAtk Rivalry Beautifly Bug Buzz vs. 228 HP/252 SpDef+ Opposite Gender Amoonguss - 18.31%-21.83% (Rivalry Beautifly can do 18% damage, but not while also being able to do 25% damage; in fact it can't do 25%)
96 SpAtk Rivalry Beautifly Bug Buzz vs. 228 HP/252 SpDef+ No Gender Amoonguss - 21.35-25.35% (Rivalry Beautifly could do 25% damage if Rivalry isn't active, but not while also being able to do 18% damage; in fact, the damage calcs here should be the same as Swarm Beautifly and it would be impossible to do 18% with max IVs)

Here's a picture of this happening:

Sometimes, when cancelling your switch and selecting another pokemon to switch to, the game will switch to the first pokemon chosen, and then switch to the second on your next turn regardless of what action is taken.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
I think the boost/debuff from Rivalry is blocked by Substitute when the descriptions on Veekun and other places say nothing about the ability doing this. A Beautifly recently did 18% to my opposite gender Amoonguss, than broke my Substitute on the next turn. Here are some calcs that demonstrate this is impossible unless this was the case:

0 SpAtk Swarm Beautifly Bug Buzz vs. 228 HP/252 SpDef+ Amoonguss - 19.25-22.77% (Swarm Beautifly will never do 18% to Amoonguss unless it is running less than max IVs for some inexplicable reason, so the extra damage can't be due to it's HP dropping into Swarm range)
Rivalry works whether the target has a Substitute up or not. You didn't take into account the possibility that Beautifly was running a neutral Sp. Atk nature which lets Bug Buzz do (17.6 - 20.65%), and when Toxic damage brought it into Swarm range, it did (26.05 - 30.98%) to your Substitute.

Rivalry works whether the target has a Substitute up or not. You didn't take into account the possibility that Beautifly was running a neutral Sp. Atk nature which lets Bug Buzz do (17.6 - 20.65%), and when Toxic damage brought it into Swarm range, it did (26.05 - 30.98%) to your Substitute.
Actually, I forgot to add my own nature to the calculation. But you're right, I messed up the calc.

I am currently fighting myself. Except I can't control the other side of the field. I only have control over player 1...

What happened was I came to spectate a battle, and for some reason both players were not present. That Join Battle button appeared in the middle of the screen, and I knew from past experience that it did not do anything, so I clicked it a bunch of times. Turns out it does do something. What ended up happening is... this.

Not sure what else to say. I can't actually proceed through the battle because player 2 can't pick a lead.

Just thought you'd like to know.

Nyktos

Custom Loser Title
Both Gallade and Salamence must come from an event to have Wish. That means their abilities, nature, and moves must all be obtainable by that pokemon from the event (that is, you can't give them a move or ability that is unique to a different even than the one that gives them Wish). Both Gallade and Salamence learn it from a generation 3 event; you'd have to look up which one to find out the specifics of it.
Gallade can get Wish from a Japanese Pokémon Centre event giving out a Ralts egg that hatches with Wish. This Ralts can have either Synchronize or Trace; however, if evolved into a Gallade, it will have Steadfast.

Similarly, Wish Bagon is legal with Rock Head; Wish Salamence should be legal with Intimidate.

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've just faced a Speed Boost Torchic in LC, when it got released only male lvl10 and therefore shouldn't be allowed in LC.
Was there any new release for it? Couldn't find anything about, so I posted it here.
no speedboost torchic has not been released female so this is a bug that should please be fixed!

My opponent used Gravity in battle. Everything seemed to work just fine with the effects and what-not. After 5 turns, the "Gravity returned to normal" message displayed. But the field still appeared as if Gravity were still in effect. The effects were gone, but the word "Gravity" and the visual effect were still on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)