1. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  2. The moderators of this forum are the PS! Leaders (&) and Admins (~).
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  4. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Antar, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Kappa_

Kappa_

2. Ksh13

Ksh13
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

3. Kappa_

Kappa_

i know but in the 1st gen matches on showdown it was fairy

edit: maybe it is normal with the fairy type marked in the match infact when machamp did submission it was super effective
  4. Ksh13

Ksh13

But Machamp's Submission was super effective. I don't see the problem.
  5. The Idiot Ninja

The Idiot Ninja

if you hover over clefable it says it's fairy, it's normal though, happens also for example if you hover over fire blast in oldgens, the actual power is 120 but it says 110 because it displays the gen 6 info.
  6. Ksh13

Ksh13

Oh, okay.
  7. Clefairy

Clefairy

8. The Immortal

The Immortal They Don't Want None
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Live Chat Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    Other Metas Leader

9. GoodDoctor

GoodDoctor

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-256208452

Turn 8/Turn 9

I used volt switch in turn 8 and it activated his eject button, which he used to bring out his mega beedrill.

The problem is he was able to select a move with his beedrill and attack me before I completed my move [as in sent in my pokemon to take its place].

his durant got ejected which should cancel out a chance of him attacking that turn.
  10. urkerab

urkerab
    is a Battle Server Moderator

Neither his Durant nor his Beedrill-Mega moved in turn 8, which is correct, is it not? (His Durant
    would otherwise have moved in turn 8 because his Truant was only affecting odd-numbered turns.)
  11. Hack_Guy

Hack_Guy

Hyperspace fury lowers your defense by one stage, which is probably why your friend was able to KO hoopa from that range

252+ Atk Scrafty Drain Punch vs. -1 0 HP / 0 Def Hoopa: 237-280 (78.7 - 93%) -- guaranteed 2HKO, there was nothing wrong with damage calc in this case
  12. Srw3

Srw3

ohhhhhhhhh lol i feel stupid now thanks
  13. happymaverick

happymaverick

It was an Iron Head from a Bisharp and my Honchkrow was at full health so I didn't use roost. My Honchkrow used Heat Wave but it wasn't enough to kill, then my opponent used Megahorn.
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  14. Ksh13

Ksh13

Roost removes your Flying-typing for that turn.
  15. Uselesscrab

Uselesscrab
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

Battle chat is currently glitched in replays.

For instance,

Kit Kasai: no berry or anything
    Kit Kasai: or that berry

becomes

Error parsing: |c| Kit Kasai|no berry or anything
    TypeError: Cannot read property 'get' of undefined at Object.Tools.parseChatMessage (http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/js/battledata.js?v0.9.5h:362:47)
    Error parsing: |c| Kit Kasai|or that berry
    TypeError: Cannot read property 'get' of undefined at Object.Tools.parseChatMessage (http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/js/battledata.js?v0.9.5h:362:47)

in this battle: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/1v1-256187438
  16. sirDonovan

sirDonovan Groove
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Forum Moderator

Fixed. Replay chats should work normally after the next client update.
    Zebraiken and Uselesscrab like this.
  17. Brawl MK

Brawl MK

18. sirDonovan

sirDonovan Groove
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Forum Moderator

Brawl MK likes this.
  19. GoodDoctor

GoodDoctor

My issue is my volt switch wasn't completed. I was supposed to pick a pokemon to come in, which it asked me to pick and I did. The pokemon I selected to come in after the volt switch came in at turn 9 as if, I used volt switch turn 9. I hadn't selected a move for my hitmonlee to use. He came in on volt switch and got overrun :afrostar:
  20. urkerab

urkerab
    is a Battle Server Moderator

I'm sorry, the wording you used in your original post confused me into looking at your opponent's moves rather than yours. I don't suppose you remember whether the game had reached turn 9 before or after you were prompted to switch?
  21. GoodDoctor

GoodDoctor

I was asked to select my pokemon to come in for the volt switch after his beedrill came in, while in turn 8. As soon as I selected my pokemon to come in, turn 9 started and bam! I apologize for my misdirection as well. It's one of those times where I know what I'm saying but I'm not conveying it properly.
  22. cityfolk

cityfolk

I know it probably isn't super significant, when I do "/learn rock climb, (pokemon name)" for several users of Rock Climb (specifically Chimchar, Monfenro, Swampert, Infernape, and Magmortar so far) it says it cannot be learned, but when I do "/ds rock climb, all" they show up on the list. (I was searching it for in-game reasons, but I happened to find the error on Showdown).
  23. gamut

gamut

Try it the other way around: /learn [pokemon], [move(s)]
    cityfolk likes this.
  24. Ejenix

Ejenix

Definitely not a major issue, but the number of PP remaining on an opponent's move (when you hover over an opponent's pokemon) doesn't update correctly when Spite is used. Tested with Pressure and that deducted 2 PP as expected, but using Spite doesn't show any decrease in PP at all from the display window when it should deduct 4 PP, even after the message saying "But there was no PP left on the move!" appears for the move on the opponent's pokemon after Spite is used.

Got a replay here, but the hover window doesn't appear in replays so I took two screenshots as well. The first one is what the window looks like on turn 5, where the number of PP on Stone Edge should have been changed to 0 since Spite was used (Stone Edge was used 4 times before Spite was used), but it still shows as 4 PP. The second one is the info window at the end of the game - the PP on Swords Dance still shows as 31/32 even though Spite was used to deduct PP from it.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/1v1-257077220

spite1.jpg spite2.jpg
  25. Level 51

Level 51 like a girl who's bad at metaphors
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

Turn 7: Foul Play does not prevent Focus Punch from activating. Is this a bug or some deep game mechanic which I don't know about?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)