Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenQuin

!dice 100
is a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
When choosing the format: CAP, the CAPmons arent showing up on the Teambuilder. When i type the name of one of the mons they show, but it says they're banned.

I'm unable to scroll through the battle format list while on mobile. I have an iPhone 5 and am running iOS 9.2. I've tested with Chrome and Safari, and no dice on both.
I've only managed to get it to scroll by zooming in teambuilder and scrolling from there using Chrome. Unfortunately that's only helping me by being able to check if teams are validated :/

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/tiershift-308330

On turn 42, a +2 Mega Garchomp taking on an Unaware Quagsire does not take as much confusion damage as it should have, due to Unaware probably negating Garchomp's +2 attack. According to my opponent, Garchomp was max attack and max speed meaning this wasn't a strange defensive spread. I've checked a few sources and afaik this shouldn't be the case and the +2 attack should be factored into the confusion damage.

Not too sure what's going on here, I have a Chill Drive Techno Blast and an Earth Plate Judgment, respectively. The Pokémon do have Aerilate and Pixilate. I would think that the 1.3x power would not apply because the moves do NOT turn Flying-type or Fairy-type, again, respectively. This also applies with Refrigerate.

I'm not sure this actually happens in game (they'd have to turn flying, fairy, or ice type to get the boosts, right?).

Isn't too big of an issue but it's kinda weird lol.

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I encountered a minor bug in the team builder.

Was building a fun team and created a level 1 Carbink and made its moves Trick Room, Explosion, Trick Room, and Explosion. The suggested spread recommended I run a Brave Nature... with -124 EVs in Attack. Yes, negative. This also left me with 632 remaining EVs.
http://imgur.com/Tqx7nso

So I noticed while making a team for ubers that there was a slight bug: http://prntscr.com/9hx1pk

This seems to only happen when you type "sab" into the teambuilder. Apparently it also happens with another pokemon that I am unaware of.

EDIT: So I'm gonna go back and see which mons are affected by this glitch cause I just another mon affected by this bug: http://prntscr.com/9hx6yo which happens when you type "venu" into teambuilder.

I believe this glitch affects mons with Megas exclusively but I'm gonna go look to see and I'll edit again when I think I've found all the mons affected by this.

EDIT2: Okay so I think I've found just about every mon that this bug affects.

The mons affected by this: Aerodactyl, Beedrill, Gardevoir, Heracross, Rayquaza, Sableye, Sceptile, and Venusaur.

Last edited:
I was battling, and found a glitch regarding curse and protean.
Turn 1

Kecleon used Shadow Sneak!
Kecleon's Protean made it the Ghost type!
It doesn't affect the opposing Snorlax...

The opposing Snorlax used Curse!
The opposing Snorlax's Speed fell!
The opposing Snorlax's Attack rose! The opposing Snorlax's Defense rose!
Turn 2

Kecleon used Skill Swap!
Kecleon's Protean made it the Psychic type!
Kecleon swapped Abilities with its target!
Kecleon acquired Immunity!
The opposing Snorlax acquired Protean!

The opposing Snorlax used Curse!
The opposing Snorlax's Protean made it the Ghost type!
The opposing Snorlax cut its own HP and put a curse on the opposing Snorlax!
The opposing Snorlax lost 50% of its health!

The opposing Snorlax restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
The opposing Snorlax lost some HP because of Curse!

As you can see snorlax curses himself, and every turn after that he loses 25% max hp, instead of his opponent.

Here's the link to the original battle (check turn 14 - 19)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/origin-monotype-112421

The gen 2 item Ice Berry is legal in gen 6 OU. Not true with any other old berries that i could find, dunno if it matters because it's literally rawst

hy little showdown bug with the new search system, when I type "curse" search it shows all pokemon not only the ones that learn curse, there might be other att that have the same problem.

breh

強いだね
this is less a bug and more just visually awkward but could the mega ray model be shrunk down somehow or at least recentered so as to make it fall in the middle of its slot and not such that its tail falls in the middle of the slot where the pokemon should be? it's really disorienting sometimes when you're playing doubles (or, I guess, triples).

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Geodude, Graveler and Golem are present when you select the Rapid Spin filter.

This really threw me off a bit, lol.

Last edited:
Yes, i know. There is a better place to post bug reports. Well I couldn't find it. I DID find somewhere for bugs but it said I had insufficient privileges so here i am. :(

Anyways the bug was found in the move Bug Bite, I'm not sure if it works with other item eating moves (probably does) but to start off I will describe the scenario.

A friend and I got into a argument. I favored caterpie over wurmple and he said wurmple was better.
Using a Jaboca Berry only my caterpie, to against damage on him seemed like a good strategy. EXCEPT, bugbite was used by wurmple and ate it first! Guess what? That wurmple fucked up caterpie after that >:( anyways XD lol the point is that it isn't supposed to happen. In fact Jaboca Berry should activate BEFORE!

Bublapedia reference to bugbite: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Bug_Bite_(move)
^^^ it states that Jaboca berry should activate before it is stolen, which in this case to my dismay it didn't

Whether or not pluck causes this same bug as bugbite i do not know, but i feel this is probably the case. Also Tanga berries are said to activate before as well stated in Bulbapedia. I havn't tested it with the Tanga berry either, but agian this most likely holds true for it as well.

BTW, this was done with both my friend and I on the downloaded version (I doubt this means anything but I decided to mention it anyways) I never tested it online, but again I feel like it wouldn't matter :/

Anyways please fix! So I can smash the wurmple, and show that caterpie is truly better! Thanks <3

Yes, i know. There is a better place to post bug reports. Well I couldn't find it. I DID find somewhere for bugs but it said I had insufficient privileges so here i am. :(

Anyways the bug was found in the move Bug Bite, I'm not sure if it works with other item eating moves (probably does) but to start off I will describe the scenario.

A friend and I got into a argument. I favored caterpie over wurmple and he said wurmple was better.
Using a Jaboca Berry only my caterpie, to against damage on him seemed like a good strategy. EXCEPT, bugbite was used by wurmple and ate it first! Guess what? That wurmple fucked up caterpie after that >:( anyways XD lol the point is that it isn't supposed to happen. In fact Jaboca Berry should activate BEFORE!

Bublapedia reference to bugbite: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Bug_Bite_(move)
^^^ it states that Jaboca berry should activate before it is stolen, which in this case to my dismay it didn't

Whether or not pluck causes this same bug as bugbite i do not know, but i feel this is probably the case. Also Tanga berries are said to activate before as well stated in Bulbapedia. I havn't tested it with the Tanga berry either, but agian this most likely holds true for it as well.

BTW, this was done with both my friend and I on the downloaded version (I doubt this means anything but I decided to mention it anyways) I never tested it online, but again I feel like it wouldn't matter :/

Anyways please fix! So I can smash the wurmple, and show that caterpie is truly better! Thanks <3
The place you speak of (in Development forum) is for bugs that actually have been confirmed and are actually important (stuff that actually matters in tournaments). You don't need to post in it, it's to prioritize bugs like "this popular set is actually impossible to get in the game" over obscure edge cases in moves nobody ever uses (which are still important, just not as important).

Either way, please save a replay next time you post a bug, and please don't check Bulbapedia for game mechanics - they get them wrong so often it's not even funny (there is a reason why the first post in a thread says to not look up on Bulbapedia). Both Veekun and Smogon research thread explicitly say that Jaboca Berry doesn't get activated when Bug Bite is being used, and is eaten without an effect.

If you have verified this bug in actual game (as opposed to just saying a line on Bulbapedia that it behaves that way), please reply to my message with a cartridge replay ID.

Last edited:
When Primals revert on Pokemon Showdown they have the same priority as regular abilities when it comes to being activated.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2016-310162166

In this replay Groudon reverted before Dusclops' Pressure activated which is incorrect, abilities activate before Primal Reversion which is the case in my battle replay here CH2W-WWWW-WW3A-CFUS.

Notice how Mawile's Intimidate goes before Primal Reversion but it flinches from Fake Out after Groudon. My Mawile is Brave 0 speed IV so it is not a speed tie and both of us tried to use +0 priority moves.

I don't have a screenshot or anything of this but I'm thinking it might be something like a bug I noticed in a battle.
I was using my Lanturn against an Aegislash on doubles, used Soak to change its type and then changed to a Cinccino, during that turn Aegislash changed stance, then I attacked him with Bullet Seed and it showed not very effective even though I hovered the mouse over Aegislash to check and he was still showing as Water type but not taking the damage as a Water type. Tried on the next turn with Thunderbolt and it was still taking the damage as if I had never changed its type.

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
A potential bug with the /poll feature. Sorry if it has been reported prior to this.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader

Fixed next update!
Both Veekun and Smogon research thread explicitly say that Jaboca Berry doesn't get activated when Bug Bite is being used, and is eaten without an effect.
Veekun descriptions are mostly accurate for Gen 4 games. That was true in Gen 4. Which research thread was this mentioned in?
When Primals revert on Pokemon Showdown they have the same priority as regular abilities when it comes to being activated.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2016-310162166

In this replay Groudon reverted before Dusclops' Pressure activated which is incorrect, abilities activate before Primal Reversion which is the case in my battle replay here CH2W-WWWW-WW3A-CFUS.

Notice how Mawile's Intimidate goes before Primal Reversion but it flinches from Fake Out after Groudon. My Mawile is Brave 0 speed IV so it is not a speed tie and both of us tried to use +0 priority moves.
If you didn't see on Twitter yet, this is fixed; thanks for reporting!
I don't have a screenshot or anything of this but I'm thinking it might be something like a bug I noticed in a battle.
I was using my Lanturn against an Aegislash on doubles, used Soak to change its type and then changed to a Cinccino, during that turn Aegislash changed stance, then I attacked him with Bullet Seed and it showed not very effective even though I hovered the mouse over Aegislash to check and he was still showing as Water type but not taking the damage as a Water type. Tried on the next turn with Thunderbolt and it was still taking the damage as if I had never changed its type.
This is purely a visual bug which will be fixed next client update. Changing formes resets a Pokemon's type(s).

Psych

Formerly Royal Pains
Ok, so for the past 2 months I've been having crazy connection problems whenever I try to log onto PS. I've just been living with it as I've had other stuff going on in life and I didn't need to be on PS. Now that I would like to return-ish, I'm having a terrible time as I cannot connect for more than 5 minutes. So here's what's happening more in-depth.

I open up PS, and the page starts to load. It fully loads up then alerts me that I have been disconnected within a second of "loading up." I end up hitting the 'Reconnect' button and the process begins again. This will happen 10-15 times before it finally loads all the way up and lets me onto Showdown. After it gets me in, I will chat for a few minutes, and then randomly, usually right after I try to send a message, it will disconnect me, and the process begins all over again. Usually it ends with me getting pissed and closing out of PS.

This problem has been going on for a little while, and I don't remember the exact circumstances, but I think it started happening right after an update of some sort back in August/September. I've tried a different internet connection, resetting my connection, using different computers, clearing cookies and cache multiple times, I even downloaded the PS application for my computer. Nothing seems to work as I still have the same problem. With all this, I'm somehow convinced it's not something on my end.

I was wondering if this is a known problem, and if it is, is there a fix for it?

I know I'm not the only one with this problem, as many users in Lobby complain about this as well. Would just like to be able to log onto PS again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)