Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alakazam still appears in the UU list on the teambuilder. I've checked `data/formats-data.js` and it's tier is listed as BL. It's /dt is incorrect also.

Last edited:
I recently noticed several bugs in the PS damage calculator pertaining to the move Electric Terrain. I figured that I should bring this up, especially with S&M bringing us a terrain summoning ability.

This Screenshot will help explain: https://s32.postimg.org/oimcljalx/Screenshot_1.png

Firstly, I have two standard Ampharos with equal Sp. Attack. You will notice, however, that only one is getting the terrain boost and moves other then electric are effected. Similar bugs happen every time I try to use terrains in this calculator. Some effects I have found to happen when Electric Terrain is selected are:
  • The Terrain effect only being counted when I mess about with the battling Pokemon. Changing the opposing Pokemon seems to turn on and off the terrain.
  • The Terrain effect giving only one Pokemon a greater percentage of increased damage, as seen in the screenshot
  • The damage being incorrectly calced for both Pokemon, giving each different damage with both figures being incorrect
  • The calculator not actually calcing damage with terrain boosts at all
  • The button not turning on/off properly when pressed
  • The selecting of Electric Terrain causing other lingering field effects to "stick". This is shown in my screenshot, with that set of hail not going away even after I messed around with the weather options (yes, including "none")
  • One Pokemon doing less damage than they should
  • As shown in the screenshot, moves other then electric can be effected
  • Selection of other options (Stealth rock, Weather, Screens, etc) resetting the terrain effects. The terrain option is still selected.
  • The selection of this causing items such as choice band to be nullified in the calc
  • The calc ignoring the level of a Pokemon (a level 5 LC Amaura taking damage as if it were level 100, the default level)
  • Moves of some types being increased while others decrease
  • The calc seeming to ignore STAB
It's likely there are more, as this seems to somehow mess with nearly every aspect of the calculator, from button functionality to the actual calculation itself. Many of the listed effects only happen some of the time, with what problem when being seemingly random. Most of these effects fluctuate, giving very inconsistent results. Focus Blast does 98% to an Abomasnow, and Thunderbolt does 42%. Switch the opposing Pokemon, then bring back the same Abomasnow, and bam, 110% Focus Blasts and 35% Thunderbolts. This is an extremely odd bug, and I really hope somebody can get this fixed.

Last edited:
I will try to come back with a replay, although I have noticed it happens consistently so i think it is in the code somewhere.

Simply, Grass-type attacks (most often Spore, Leech Seed, and Leaf Storm) that would miss a Pokemon due to it being airborne on the first turn of Bounce are instead activating Sap Sipper and adding to the attack stat.

i think this is not very commonly seen due to Bounce not being a frequently used competitive move.

Hi admins,

I experienced a bug during one of my earlier battles and this is the replay:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-396330516

I would like to direct your attention to turns 26 and 27 where Milotic was up against Excadrill. I have confirmed with my opponent that he was using an Adamant choice scarfed Excadrill. I was using a Bold max defence and hp Milotic.

The issue is this: Milotic took 40-44% damage from this Excadrill's earthquake. Now this did not make sense because my Milotic was burned earlier by Mew thus activating Marvel Scale. If this ability is up, Milotic has 423 defence. Further, I ran the calculations and an Adamant choice scarfed Excadrill will deal no more than maximum 31% damage:

252+ Atk Excadrill Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Marvel Scale Milotic: 103-123 (26.2 - 31.2%) -- 35.4% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery and burn damage

While I may have emerged victorious at the end, it must be said that such bugs are disconcerting. It affects a player's judgment greatly and left me befuddled. I hope someone has an explanation for this.

Thank you!

Hi admins,

I experienced a bug during one of my earlier battles and this is the replay:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-396330516

I would like to direct your attention to turns 26 and 27 where Milotic was up against Excadrill. I have confirmed with my opponent that he was using an Adamant choice scarfed Excadrill. I was using a Bold max defence and hp Milotic.

The issue is this: Milotic took 40-44% damage from this Excadrill's earthquake. Now this did not make sense because my Milotic was burned earlier by Mew thus activating Marvel Scale. If this ability is up, Milotic has 423 defence. Further, I ran the calculations and an Adamant choice scarfed Excadrill will deal no more than maximum 31% damage:

252+ Atk Excadrill Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Marvel Scale Milotic: 103-123 (26.2 - 31.2%) -- 35.4% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery and burn damage

While I may have emerged victorious at the end, it must be said that such bugs are disconcerting. It affects a player's judgment greatly and left me befuddled. I hope someone has an explanation for this.

Thank you!
Excadrills mold breaker ignores marvel scale
(source)

XpRienzo

Would I lie to you?

Okay, so the new system of inheriting roomstaff for tour has faults. Players can set modchat to + to prevent mods from talking or doing any commands.

Last edited:

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
when you have an unburden mon and lose your item (in this case berry), the unburden speed shows up fine. but when you use recycle, and gain your item back and still hold it, it still shows unburden speed, although that's not how it works. you go back to regular speed when you gain your item back
bugging Marty maybe!!

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
the game is currently unplayable due to a lack of burmies (volvo pls fix)
Fixed next server update + data sync + client update!
when you have an unburden mon and lose your item (in this case berry), the unburden speed shows up fine. but when you use recycle, and gain your item back and still hold it, it still shows unburden speed, although that's not how it works. you go back to regular speed when you gain your item back
Whoever did the tooltips didn't know how Unburden works. :(
Fixed next client update!

Vitoran

formerly Barbows
Ok so, i'm pretty sure bide doesn't work that way (turn 17). As far as i know, it unleashes its energy only once and then you're free to choose another move(my opp said he/she couldn't), it doesn't just keep doubling up the damage. I've considered the possibility of it being just a gen1 bug i hadn't known of yet, but i'm pretty sure it's not (and I couldn't find any mention of it on the internet). So here's the replay
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1challengecup-397217588
Hope someone can shed some light over it

I have had this occur in a recent match and was able to save a replay!

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-398002292

Here is the text summary as well
** Nickname of Zebstrika on my team

Turn 4
The opposing Hynwayod** used Bounce!
The opposing Hynwayod sprang up!
Breloom used Spore!
[Opposing Hynwayod's Sap Sipper!]
The opposing Hynwayod's Attack rose!

I will try to come back with a replay, although I have noticed it happens consistently so i think it is in the code somewhere.

Simply, Grass-type attacks (most often Spore, Leech Seed, and Leaf Storm) that would miss a Pokemon due to it being airborne on the first turn of Bounce are instead activating Sap Sipper and adding to the attack stat.

i think this is not very commonly seen due to Bounce not being a frequently used competitive move.

Last edited:
Currently there is an issue with red card priority in doubles which is a big deal in VGC. Scenario:

I have out a +2 Xerneas vs an Amoonguss (with Red Card) and a Rayquaza.
I use dazzling gleam and get red carded out.
  • CURRENTLY: dazzling gleam hits rayquaza but at +0
  • WHAT IT SHOULD BE: dazzling gleam hits rayquaza at +2 then red carded out
Basically both mons should be hit with the +2 SpA boost, but currently only the Red Card mon is hit with the +2 SpA boost. Its a bug in the order of events.

See turn 8: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2016-398029290

Last edited:

churine

lunatic+
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
As the title says,

ditto is not able to transform to Arceus-Ghost directly,

but in PS, they can transform to any type Arceus without plates.
I checked this in my copy of Omega Ruby & my Ditto that isn't holding a Spooky Plate had transformed into my Arceus-Ghost.

This is because Ditto just copies whatever the target's type, ability, moves, form, stats (not HP) & boosts are right before Ditto transforms into it.

Um, I didn't see this listed as a known bug but Alakazam is still listed as UU in the teambuilder, even though it's BL. This is where you post these kinds of things, right?
Proof:

Hey, I just played a random battle and the opponent went had a hitmonchan that was immune to zen headbutt and had 5 different moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)