Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.GX

Mew Mew
is a Tiering Contributor
Ok, Drifblim got fixed, but I found another glitch. When I lead Drifblim Lele, and opponent lead a slow Fini, my psychic terrain activates (and activates Psychic Seed on Drifblim), then Fini overwrites Psychic terrain with Misty Terrain. But sometimes, when they lead Fini, Psychic Seed does not activate (slow Fini btw)

Here is the replay:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-532321827

This has cost me quite a number of games already. Hope this gets fixed soon ;)

Is substitute supposed to completely remove the damaging effect from partial trapping moves?
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-533121001
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-533119679
Tested with magma storm and sand tomb, machamp got hit by magma storm, subbed, and then did not take any damage. After sub was broken, machamp still didn't take damage. Haven't tested if switching works or not yet.
Substitute block partial trapping; this is intended. You can check this on the PS movedex if you are ever unsure: https://dex.pokemonshowdown.com/moves/magmastorm

When using the folders option on the teambuilder, attempting to move a team up or down in the folder will instead result in the creation of a new folder to which the team in question will be moved. The new folder is always named "gen6xyz" where xyz is the name of the source folder.

So I was laddering and I'm pretty sure I lost to a bug. Which is upsetting to say the least. Please excuse me being salty in the chat.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7oususpecttest-533915002

This replay shows it. On turn 25 I attack an Alolan Raichu at full with a +1 252 Volcarona's HP Ground and it lives. I calced before making this play and this is what I saw:

+1 252 SpA Volcarona Hidden Power Ground vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Raichu-Alola: 316-374 (189.2 - 223.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

So even if it was maximum invested bulk it should have OHKO'd. He is not AV, he revealed on turn 22 that he was Z-move Alolan Raichu so there was no way any item, including AV, was giving him any more bulk. There were no terrains, no boosts, no nothing. Beyond that, yes I double-checked my EVs and IVs. Without changing a thing, here is the copy-paste of the Volcarona I was using that, as you saw, was at +1 during the match.

Volcarona @ Firium Z
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ground]

And this is all assuming it was max bulk, which it definitely wasn't cause that's a trash set. This is the calc I originally ran

+1 252 SpA Volcarona Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Raichu-Alola: 616-726 (456.2 - 537.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

So imagine my dismay when I'm laddering for requirements to vote and not only does this somehow happen, but he also gets the 10% para chance on my volc to win.

So I was laddering and I'm pretty sure I lost to a bug. Which is upsetting to say the least. Please excuse me being salty in the chat.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7oususpecttest-533915002

This replay shows it. On turn 25 I attack an Alolan Raichu at full with a +1 252 Volcarona's HP Ground and it lives. I calced before making this play and this is what I saw:

+1 252 SpA Volcarona Hidden Power Ground vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Raichu-Alola: 316-374 (189.2 - 223.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

So even if it was maximum invested bulk it should have OHKO'd. He is not AV, he revealed on turn 22 that he was Z-move Alolan Raichu so there was no way any item, including AV, was giving him any more bulk. There were no terrains, no boosts, no nothing. Beyond that, yes I double-checked my EVs and IVs. Without changing a thing, here is the copy-paste of the Volcarona I was using that, as you saw, was at +1 during the match.

Volcarona @ Firium Z
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ground]

And this is all assuming it was max bulk, which it definitely wasn't cause that's a trash set. This is the calc I originally ran

+1 252 SpA Volcarona Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Raichu-Alola: 616-726 (456.2 - 537.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

So imagine my dismay when I'm laddering for requirements to vote and not only does this somehow happen, but he also gets the 10% para chance on my volc to win.
In your first calc, you used a Lv. 100 Volcarona against a Lv. 50 Alolan Raichu (the 2017 VGC set). The correct calc would actually look something like this:

+1 252 SpA Volcarona Hidden Power Ground vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Raichu-Alola: 232-274 (88.8 - 104.9%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

You just got unlucky, that's all.

In your first calc, you used a Lv. 100 Volcarona against a Lv. 50 Alolan Raichu (the 2017 VGC set). The correct calc would actually look something like this:

+1 252 SpA Volcarona Hidden Power Ground vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Raichu-Alola: 232-274 (88.8 - 104.9%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

You just got unlucky, that's all.
i should have known when it said VGC. i've grown accustomed to all calcs starting mons off at lvl 100, i woulda z-moved into tapu lele to prevent BP then just banked on fire blast hitting. or else just switched out of volc entirely since lele wins that matchup. i wouldn't have choked if i knew the calc was 31% chance

That being said, some kind of warning in the calculator when the two Pokemon are at different levels would not be a bad idea to avoid these confusions.

When I try to find Level 50 benchmarks towards uploaded sets I tend to fall into those issues as well.

That being said, some kind of warning in the calculator when the two Pokemon are at different levels would not be a bad idea to avoid these confusions.

When I try to find Level 50 benchmarks towards uploaded sets I tend to fall into those issues as well.
actually this is a really good idea. i mean, on one hand, i should have known hp ground didn't do over 300% to offensive araichu. i wouldn't have calced if there wasn't doubt about it ohkoing. but it's a tool for all players and not everybody will pick up on those things. there's no reason to not improve the tool and a warning like that will help in a lot of situations i'm sure

Moderately important visual bug (mostly applies to BH): the in-game information screen for Pokemon on the field shows the true typing of an Arceus/Silvally regardless of what form it is. This means two things: 1) you will know if an Arceus is Multitype or not when it hits the field (important for low tier mindgames?) and 2) you will know what it's true typing is without throwing out a move.
In addition, if an Arceus is Illusioned, it will show the type of Arceus as if it were actually active on the field.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Ok, Drifblim got fixed, but I found another glitch. When I lead Drifblim Lele, and opponent lead a slow Fini, my psychic terrain activates (and activates Psychic Seed on Drifblim), then Fini overwrites Psychic terrain with Misty Terrain. But sometimes, when they lead Fini, Psychic Seed does not activate (slow Fini btw)

Here is the replay:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-532321827

This has cost me quite a number of games already. Hope this gets fixed soon ;)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-533266215

Is this a bug, that the Seed doesn't activate? I have Psychic-Seed on Lele :)
Fixed, was an issue where only the slower terrain's seed(s) would activate.

For VGC, shouldn't Celebrate Ninetales/Eevee evolutions be legal?

Apparently there is an event Vulpix/Eevee obtainable in Sun/Moon with Celebrate.

Thanks

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
For VGC, shouldn't Celebrate Ninetales/Eevee evolutions be legal?

Apparently there is an event Vulpix/Eevee obtainable in Sun/Moon with Celebrate.

Thanks
Yes, and they are. This isn't even a real bug report; what is your set? What does the error tell you, if any? You've given no information at all about your problem. I added those events two months ago and they work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)