Bummer's Art Shack

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
XD That is awesome

nitpick back the first page w/ Alakazam and the cube:
7 minutes is slow. ~7 times too slow. But the comic was hilarious nonetheless

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Thanks guys!

For the next subject: Is this a good idea for a strip, or will it only result in people complaining about how I don't understand economics?

nitpick back the first page w/ Alakazam and the cube:
7 minutes is slow. ~7 times too slow. But the comic was hilarious nonetheless
Yeah, people kept pointing thgat out, so I changed it to 78 seconds on my site. The one in the first post must be the old one.

From my layman's viewpoint, I see no problem with it.

EDIT: vonFiedler, I think part of the point is he's exaggerating how much can be found.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
It's not an economy thing so much as a gold thing. I get the joke is that you find a lot of gold in Pokemon, but that stuff is still mined irl. Yet the gold standard remains stable (or something like that). Point is finding a few nuggets in Pokemon isn't equivalent to building a Philosopher's Stone. If someone sold crates full of gold irl it would do nothing to the price of gold at all, at most you'd just be suspected of selling blood gold.

lol "lemonade more expensive than ever".

and from a supply/demand point of view the reverse is actually true; more supply pushes up the price.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Unfortunately, I have to say I don't understand the lemonade bit of that strip (unless it's just filler text).

Also TEA_DEMON, you're thinking about quantity supplied. Since the main character's a new supplier, it would push the supply graph to the right instead of traveling along the line, decreasing equilibrium price.

My guess was that as Gold becomes worthless, other more directly useful things become more expensive. I didn't really think into it any deeper.

Lemonade is ridiculously expensive in vending machines. It costs more than a Poke Ball, iirc, which doesn't make much sense.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I get the joke is that you find a lot of gold in Pokemon
Nope.

Since the main character's a new supplier, it would push the supply graph to the right instead of traveling along the line, decreasing equilibrium price.
Bingo.

Yet the gold standard remains stable (or something like that).

If someone sold crates full of gold irl it would do nothing to the price of gold at all, at most you'd just be suspected of selling blood gold.
This is what essentially kills the joke. Even though the game world is much, much smaller in comparison to our own, and therefore easier to affect, that point is difficult to come across or ellaborate in three mere panels, so that's the limitation of it. Or at least judging by the response here.

I have a Plan B where the third panel can be subsituted with something different, along with a changed dialogue. That way the two former panels won't be in vain. I just might end up posting both versions close to each other though, I'll see how much time I have available. Especially so since my bike decided to blow up the back tire this weekend!

I adore the fact that in the last strip everything has a smiley face. I think that the comic could have been improved if there were 4 panels, the 3rd being the bike whizzing past an old man then 4th showing it to be the president of the Pokefanclub holding the Bike Token looking depressed. However the way you've done it is still very good, and the majority of the joke is in the 2nd panel anyway. Good strip :)

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
Thanks for liking the edit, guys!

I think that the comic could have been improved if there were 4 panels, the 3rd being the bike whizzing past an old man then 4th showing it to be the president of the Pokefanclub holding the Bike Token looking depressed.
It's usually for the best to focus on one aspect of a joke at a time. Trying to squeeze several punches into one packet makes for messy comics, in my experience.

also

These are brilliant, I love how you have extracted all the ridiculous concepts in the games and put them into the comics. Keep it up!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)