Bummer's Art Shack

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
New version uploaded and edited into my former post! Thanks for the name suggestions I got here, but when I started making names which ended with -ore I just couldn't stop! Decided to type in the text instead of writing it, makes for easier reading that way, and I also edited the crystal color of the poison line (was way too dull before).

also tomorrow's Friday soooo....

In-game character being oblivious to the buttons used by the actual gamer. Like pressing 'START' to access 'MENU', pressing the two shoulder buttons to run, etc. JUST LAUGH DAMN YOU

id be a liar if i said i don't think that rock/ice one is adorable...
I edited in some pupils in their eyes afterwards, which you missed due to your ninja fast reply, so I'm eager to know if its appeal still remains!

I really want to name the final Poison one Toxitusk but it's the only one with tusks.
Sorry! I do like the tusks though, sure beats a generic horn, so it would be far from bad if one were to include them in its species name.

Cryode / Geoxic / Pyron
Probably won't end up using them, ALTHOUGH Geoxic is dangerously tempting. Felt like throwing it out there.

why no damp rock though?
Heat, Smooth and Icy rock all have crystals on them, so they work very well with the theme I was thinking of when I designed these. The rocks enables the first stage to alter its composition and evolve into something different, but it will always have crystals protruding from itself. Damp rock, however, doesn't really have those crystal details, and seems instead to be coated, so incorporating that item into a final form would have proven to be difficult. And plenty of good things comes in triads!

Not to mention that there's an abundance of Rock/Water types, so it's not like such a form would be in high demand. And speaking of types in low demand:

Rock and ground seems like a more reasonable typing imo.
boring boring boring boring
Pretty much. I mean sure, if I had made them Ground/Rock I doubt someone would have reacted, but I would have taken a different approach if that had been the case. But for now, stick to the Golems and Rhydons.

But I must say I feel sorry for the Rock/Ice, weak to every type imaginable :/
Hence why I gave it Solid Rock, if only to soften the blows. I have never found typre resistances to be a valid reason to NOT make fakemon of such type combos though. If that were the case, then why does Abomasnow exist?!

Haha, the last strip's pretty good, but I can't help but feel it'd be better if the character was trying to find the B button by moving his arms outside of the panel to have a look, since we're breaking the fourth wall and everything. Idk.

Bummer said:
vigoroth comic
While the art is, as always, phenomenal, the joke was a bit of a miss imo. Wanting to keep Vigoroth, yes, but I guess I didn't think the B Button part was as chuckle-inducing. Maybe because I constantly have my B Button mashed so I can run everywhere? I'm very impatient XD

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
The rock fakemons are cool, but why is the Damp Rock being neglected?

Heat, Smooth and Icy rock all have crystals on them, so they work very well with the theme I was thinking of when I designed these. The rocks enables the first stage to alter its composition and evolve into something different, but it will always have crystals protruding from itself. Damp rock, however, doesn't really have those crystal details, and seems instead to be coated, so incorporating that item into a final form would have proven to be difficult. And plenty of good things comes in triads!

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Haha, the last strip's pretty good, but I can't help but feel it'd be better if the character was trying to find the B button by moving his arms outside of the panel to have a look, since we're breaking the fourth wall and everything. Idk.
Possibly. But that's a rather big change in how the strip was made, so I wouldn't had time to edit it before becoming published. I can keep this approach in mind if I am to pull something similar later.

third comic in the OP is broken btw
Imageshack, you have failed me again. Uploaded three more recent strips on imgur.

Oh I know, so over done, but where did poison come from?
Oh, I suppose I wasn't too clear about that. Well, I submitted it to dA with some pokedex entries written for them, so here's the entries for the poison types:

Munchore

Its diet consists solely of rocks and soil, and it accumulates substances of various kinds as crystals on its back. It spends most of its days eating, and groups of Munchores can cause significant changes to mountain areas. They're shy, but being too slow to run away, it prefers to burrow itself underground.

Chompore

Chompore is very selective about the rocks it eats, with gems being its absolute favorite food. It digs through thick cliffs and walls in search for rare crystals and rocks rich in unusual compounds. Its back crystals can grow quite large, and contains toxins used for self-defense.

Hazardore

Using solid crystals as tusks, it proves to be a fearsome menace within deserts and rocky fields, attacking all who come close. It's very territorial, and most wild sightings of Hazardore are usually two specimens sparring about their neighboring domains. Its crystals contains highly toxic substances.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
While the art is, as always, phenomenal, the joke was a bit of a miss imo.
Ahahaha then you're gonna hate this one:

The actual joke is that it took me 5 minutes to make a better image.

I thought about abandoning this idea altogether, but oh heck with it, the only fun with having a site of my own is to draw whatever I want. Next week will be more mainstream though, promise!

Wow, really? That pun is so bad XD

But I've been keeping up with your work and this is probably the best Pokémon webcomic because it doesn't recycle the same old crap like "oh your rival's name is (BAN ME PLEASE) its so funny ahhaahahaaaaaaa"

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
But I've been keeping up with your work and this is probably the best Pokémon webcomic because it doesn't recycle the same old crap
Warms my heart.

The next strip is soon finished, but I actually felt like sitting down and finishing another set of fakemon, simply because their designs have been bugging me a good deal.

I suppose the last stage could pass for ghost/psychic, but eh.

Supe

would you suck the poison out
Ahahaha then you're gonna hate this one:

The actual joke is that it took me 5 minutes to make a better image.

I thought about abandoning this idea altogether, but oh heck with it, the only fun with having a site of my own is to draw whatever I want. Next week will be more mainstream though, promise!
Oh man, this is hilarious! I named my VGC team for regionals after the six friends all because I wanted to use a Chandelure named Chandler! I even bred them all to have matching genders.

Love the comics! I look forward to reading them every Friday.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
a strip based on a conversation me and my little brother had:

Might add another text box saying "Aipom was hit!", but it should only take a split second to look at panel 1 again for the point to come across.

jesturb is a fantastic name, and i really like all three in that evo line.
Thanks, I had to think of their names after I finished their designs, so I'm happy that I ended up with good names.

Love the comics! I look forward to reading them every Friday.

His expression in the last panel is just perfect. I really dig this comic, it's fantastic!

EDIT: I mean all of your comics, but this one is pretty good in its own right!

Heck, they need to make pokeballs that can capture any kinda of pokemon! Well, at least mass produce them, instead of giving their one and only prototype to a kid. He's just gonna use it to either catch an Arceus, and then rule the world, or he's gonna go and catch a shiny pidgey.

Very funny comic strip. I wonder why this doesn't happen in the games......

I just feel sorry for the Pokemon that are caught by the baseball player...

Great job there Bummer, have you ever thought of entering into the MAC contests?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)