BW OU Suspect Testing Round 8 - Voter Identification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Finally, ^.^

I completed OUCurrent !

OU suspect now !

I was close from commiting suicide whenI lost at 2k glicko and 66deviation >.<

Well, here I go too, I already did post for the current my req, so for Suspect :

This was my test account so I wasn't really confortable trying to up it in a rush yesterday :\

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4480396&postcount=41
My account is the same.
It should be ok I hope.

Cicada

soul reaver
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion

Pheww, I think I just had the worst laddering experience ever (thanks to the changement of the deadline x__x). Anyway, I'm rather for banning Genesect. I'll post my thoughts on the testing in the general thread.

haunter

Banned deucer.
To clarify: if you're trying to obtain voting rights via special applications, then please don't post them here. Private message a screenshot of your ladder achievements and a short explanation as to why you feel you should be allowed to vote to Jabba, Bloo, Iconic, Aldaron and myself.

nooblikeaboon

Banned deucer.
so dumb how if you dont get people that are high up in the ladder early on you have to win 90% of your battles to get the glicko2 rating.
Seconding this. I had ~1800 rating after roughly 20 battles and then had a really hard time raising glicko2 to 2000. When you gain like 2-3 points per win and lose like 30 if you lose (hax :O) that kinda screws you.

Anyways i finally got the req's after nearly 100 battles (so it took me ~80 battles to get from 1800 to 2000 - yay):

I have been using an very old (end of 2011) BW1-Sunstallteam (as i did for most of the BW2 era on the ladder) and didnt have much if any problems with Genesect. I have never been swept by Genesect since his introduction and based on my own experiences i deem him NOT Uber.

People claiming that stall is more viable on the suspect-ladder (the one without genesect) are honestly out of their minds. Genesect isnt a huge threat to any well-build stall team more than LO-NP-Thundurus-T, SD-Haxorus, Growth-GigaDrain-Venusaur, Tornadus-T, etc. are. If im using stall im way more scared of these guys than Genesect.
Sure Genesect is a good pivot and his u-turn may enable him to put pressure on me but that is nothing new - we have had to deal with that shit throughout the whole bw1 era (voltturn yay).

I think Genesect fits perfectly fine into the metagame and doesnt put as much as a strain on teambuilding as for example Tornadus-T does because one can check Genesect with having multiple 'checks' to him which also accomplis other roles well (i.e. Terrakion).

I think Genesect is just so versatile that its really easy to fit on teams kinda like Tyranitar in ADV. Almost any team can make use of one of his multitude of sets and Genesect can fulfill multiple roles. So he can sweep (RP), check threats (scarf) or break/weaken certain key mons (cb, ebelt, w.e.) and he does all this well but he cant do it all at once.
Therefore he is versatile and useful but not broken.

I kinda like the Metagame right now to be honest and id rather see us unban stuff (Thundurus-I!!!!) than banning something.

Now onto the suspect-ladder.....

Reqs for current ou and suspect ou:

current OU took around ~80 battles to get Glicko2 and deviation in line when i had ~2k rating after 20 battles.
On suspect ou i ff/d like 10 battles today to lower my deviation fast enough.....
What i pretty much wanna say: That shit took way too long.

TGMD

ƧÏÐÈ¥¯ÏĈ¼Á°¿±³´µ¶·¸¹º»ŤûŠť²ØéŋŌ
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OU Current: Shawshank

OU Suspect Test: Apples and Grapes

Stone RG

Megas are broke
Holy fuck, i cant believe i spent my entire day laddering. But i got it, and i must say i did see more stall which is a surprise, sand lowered in usage and dragons in general were even MORE used (maybe cuz its best revenge killer is gone :])

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/528/genesuspect.png/

Btw, sorry if i raged at you, i was getting extremely haxed and i spent 5 damn hours of continous laddering.

Gene isnt a broken poke by itself, rather the strategies and the sweeps he enables are WAY too easy to pull off. Genesect is a metagame defining threat, that indeed eases teambuilding, but all its sets, bar RockPolish (which has a nice set of checks like Kidogo mentioned in the main suspect thread ) are very reliant no uturn, since firing of coverage moves síntomas a good move unless your very skilled at prediction or most of the checks/counters are fairly weakened.

if this is you are a voter and don't have posting rights to the blind voting forum (ie if this is your first vote), please request to join the Blind Vote Access usergroup HERE. you need to do so in order to vote!!!!

if youve voted in the past then youll still be able to post

EDIT: ONLY REQUEST TO JOIN IF YOU HAVE QUALIFIED TO VOTE FOR THIS ROUND

hesus almighty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)