1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

BW OU Suspect Testing Round 8 - Voter Identification

Discussion in 'BW OU' started by Pocket, Nov 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pocket

Pocket Apo, the astronaut's best friend >:3
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I know that we are only half-way through this round, but the NP thread is getting cluttered with ID posts, and no productive suspect discussion is taking place. Please post your screenshots here, not in the NP thread. Make sure to read Aldaron's post before posting your IDs
  2. GaryTheGengar

GaryTheGengar believe me sweety I've got enough to feed the needy

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I noticed a lot more stall on suspect ladder, which is kind of weird, as genesect wasn't that big of an issue to stall in the first place. Lot of rain offense too, which again, isn't really hindered by genesect. The suspect meta was more diverse for sure, and a more enjoyable meta than the current ou one. I'm gonna continue talking to people and watching battles, but I'm currently leaning towards voting genesect uber.
  3. dragonuser

dragonuser The only thing I look up to is the sky
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Pyramid Kingis a Past WCoP Winner

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    OU Current - w/o

[​IMG]
    OU Suspect - Ryuzenpaku
  4. chimpact

chimpact fire nation
    is an official Team Rateris a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

[​IMG]

Lost to gr8's team like 10 times while laddering. ridiculous...

so dumb how if you dont get people that are high up in the ladder early on you have to win 90% of your battles to get the glicko2 rating. halfway there i guess. Gene was definitely on like almost half the teams I faced; I'm somewhat surprised people are saying its on like 90% of every tam.
  5. Aldaron

Aldaron indefatigable workhorse
    is a Tournament Directoris a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administrator
    OU and IRC Leader

Btw, when you guys do your screenshots, make sure there is proof of the ladder in the screenshot. This is especially important because we are using two ladders this time.

The easiest way to do this is to typing /rating username in the chat for showdown and just screenshot the box that shows your alt's ratings in every tier it has played in.

We won't count people who just show us a rating with no proof of ladder.
  6. TROP

TROP *tips fedora*
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

OU current screenshots. Second pic is slightly outdated (open)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I actually got this the day this thread was posted, but I was waiting for the OU suspect ones to post it.

OU suspect screenshots (open)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yes, I was the guy with the Sandslash. I must agree with everyone that said that this was way more diverse than current OU and fun overall.

As for Genesect, I'm not really sure if it should be banned, but there is still time to change my opinion on him.
  7. Jayde

Jayde
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

t4c, cool koala
  8. Mazz

Mazz UU's Workhorse
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor Alumnus

Got mine for OU current. Last hour of matches was really run, especially when I was only getting 2 or 3 points per match. I'll have OU Suspect Test results here shortly.

OU Current (open)
    [​IMG]

I really don't get why Genesect is up for suspect anyways. I find it very easy to lure and play against (anybody remember that Scarf Jirachi carries Fire Punch?) and that RP variants are even easier to deal with, as they rarely have the trifecta-coverage in Bolt-Beam-Thrower. Steel-types alone shit on this thing and playing smart makes it all that easier to get around.
  9. Neliel

Neliel Sacred Sword

is it ok now?
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]

obviously only for the suspect
  10. Lady Alex

Lady Alex I asked Mawile to not hurt me. I was betrayed.
    is a Tiering Contributor

Made requirements for the OU ladder. Working on Suspect now.

ou reqs (open)
    [​IMG]

Finished all my requirements

suspect reqs (open)
    [​IMG]
  11. AfroThunderRule

AfroThunderRule *yawn* ez
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Finally I made the (Current) OU regs as Kyurem the Dream. That was harder than I thought, too many people only giving out like 3-4 points while losing like 20 for every loss. Anyways... to be honest I am currently leaning to keep Genesect around. I didn't have too many problems with it, it's just annoying that he's everywhere but that's not exactly a viable reason to ban the guy. (At least I think so.)

Also sorry for the hax if you played me lately.

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

Edit 1: Got the requirements on the suspect ladder. I must say that the metagame is a bit more enjoyable, even though clearly I sucked at it. Lmao 34-27, I suck. :( (Plus I haxxed my way to 2000 like a true nub.)

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

Here's the /ranking thing only:
    [​IMG]

Edit 2: I didn't have to do this but that 34-27 thing left a bad taste in my mouth, like I felt that wasn't good enough in my view to gain requirements for the suspect ladder so I did it again (lol, I know) and got this (as I am fat.)

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

Here's the /ranking thing for him:

[​IMG]
  12. PDC

PDC i zimbra
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnus

[​IMG]

Posting so I don't lose it. I played badly on suspect and lost a lot due to hax / dc's. Kinda sucked but I had the early advantage.
  13. Lavos Spawn

Lavos Spawn

[​IMG]
    thats me for current ou, sorry for bad screenshot my comp is old...guess ill start on suspect when im not trashed
  14. Thatsjustpeachy

Thatsjustpeachy 真实自我隐藏,暗冷的门面繁荣

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  15. gr8astard

gr8astard The Based Lord? My balls!!
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL + WCoP Winnerwon the 9th Official Smogon Tournament

16. Deluks917

Deluks917 Ride on Shooting Star

OU Current:

[​IMG]

Suspect:

[​IMG]
  17. SoulWind

SoulWind
    is a Tiering Contributoris a SPL Winner

18. Melee Mewtwo

Melee Mewtwo SO TIRED of listening to your nonsense, you massive gasbag!
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I'm Melee Mewtwo:
    suspect (open)
    [​IMG]

current (open)
    [​IMG]
  19. CrashinBoomBang

CrashinBoomBang doing 3 teams at the month
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Factory Foreman

Current:
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]

Suspect:
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]
  20. shartruce2

shartruce2 THINK POSITIVE
    is a Tiering Contributor

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

21. Valentine

Valentine ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    is a Tutor

[​IMG]

finishing 'oucurrent' over break
  22. Aqualouis

Aqualouis ^ according to Reymedy, he drew a Groudon
    is a Contributor Alumnus

23. Double01

Double01 Hate it or love it the under dog's on top

Suspect ladder
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]

Current ladder
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]

I'm Whales in that picture. And my thoughts about the suspect ladder is that most people used the most cookie cutter sand teams ever. (hazard setter, RP lando, cb tar, scarf keld, scizor, hp fire latias) Only a few used creative and unique stuff. So yeah the ladder was pretty easy with people using roughly the same sand team. Though it's still more diverse imo then the other meta even if some people use the same team. I will do regular OU ladder sometime later

Also sorry for the current ladder being so small ;/.
  24. undisputed

undisputed
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Frontier Lackeyis a Past WCoP Winner

25. Django

Django
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Current:
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]

Suspect:
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)