BW2OU-Sand RMT...

LilOu

PO poopyhead
BWOU – A sand RMT​

Introduction:

Hi everyone! As you can see, im LilOu and this is my third RMT.
First of all, I’m in love with the weather and one of my favorite ones is the Sandstorm, yes, the all-mighty sandstorm. That’s why i`m making a team based on the benefits of the sandstorm ( 50% more sp.def on rock-type pokemons such as t-tar, 6% less hp every turn on those pokemons that are not ground, rock or steel, and negates lefties).

Team at a Glance:

In-depth look:

LOL (Tyranitar) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Atk / 68 SAtk / 164 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast
- Superpower
- Ice Beam​

BOWSER. This baby is the sandstorm spirit (fuck Flygon), I use the Specially defensive one, which allows me to resist every special move. The moveset have a nice coverage and im going to explain each of the moves right now.
Pursuit: This is used to trap Latios and Latias. T-tar only receives no more than 60% coming from Latios, this makes the sp atk of Latios go down, once this had happened, I only have to spam pursuit. If he tries to scape, it dies, if he tries to stay, he dies. The same for Latias but it takes a bit longer.
Superpower: It is used to kill other Tyranitars and other bulky specially defensive pokemons that pursuit is not going to have success. Im doubting about this move because my t-tar is too slow, allowing other t-tar killing me first with Superpower.
Ice beam: Just for Gliscor and Landorus (if I predict the switch), also another flying type pokemons.
Fireblast: For Ferrothorn, Skarmory and Forretress.

AK47 (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 140 HP / 252 Atk / 116 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Quick Attack
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower​

Scizor. My favorite OU pokemon. I cannot make a sand team without it. His OP 130 base atk + his OP ability + his OP stab move (bullet punch) + his OP power + his priority = full destruction.
He is my revenge killer and my first weapon / check for haxorus and other Outrages users, just wait the Outrage, then switch to Scizor and kill using Bullet Punch. Oh, forgot talking about Choice band, with choice band it reaches 591 atk without boosting, with this I can deal more than 70% with Superpower to ferrothorn. Then, I prefer Quick Attack over Pursuit because I already have it on t-tar and quick attack has saved me a lot of times against Rotom – W, Gyarados, and other water types. His typing is also one of the bests, with only one weakness and a lot of resistance; he can switch to most physical attacks. 116 spd evs let him reach 195 speed, this allows him to outspeed specially defensive heatran and bulk up breeloom, also certain types of tyranitar.

Soap Please (Rotom-W) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Trick​

Rotom-W. My other favorite pokemon in Ou. I use him in all my teams (regardless of weather) and he`s just a beast. High sp def, high def, hish sp atk, decent speed, poor HP. That’s all I need to use it with a Choice scarf. Stab hydro pump and one of the most used techniques, VOLT-TURN, this is a perfect combination with Scizor, trick is used to troll eviolite chanseys and ferrothorns. I have nothing else to explain about him because we all know too much.

Its me, Mario! (Amoonguss) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Spore
- Stun Spore
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]​

Amoongus. Since Pokemon B/W 2 has been realeased, DW abilities have been realeased too bringing with it new pokemons added to the OU tier. Amoongus is one of the pokemons that is going to be added to this weather-infected tier because it acquires REGENERATOR, this complements its huge HP and its decent defenses. It has access to spore and stun spore (only because it cannot have thunder wave), it also trolls Keldeo and Techniloom which are going to become popular in a few week; moreover it can use giga drain to improve its longevity.
Remember his face…It`s me, MARIO!​

Glup. (Heatran) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Roar
- Protect

Heatran. Since I needed a pokemon that resist grass and fire, I decided to use Heatran, its bulky set.
I use roar over stealth rock because I already have it on Landorus-T (its coming) and it also helps me to force switching setupers such as volcarona (without hp ground), toxic to slow-killing bulky ones, and finally, protect to have that extra turn that everybody needs at some moment.
Almost forgot, if techloom do not spore him, Heatran beats him. Mach punch just make 70%, so, bye bye techloom.​

Rwr. (Landorus-T) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge​

The Therian, these new forms are just so awesome, 145 or 140 base att (I can’t remember) its AWESOME, but nothing can be perfect on this life, so decreasing a littles his speed…, well, that’s the reason he’s not going to become uber.
This set with 252 hp and 252 atk is quite nice, he can set up steal rocks and threaten physical attackers with his intimidate, then u-turn, and then return if necessary, he doesn’t need to boost his atk to make some OHKO’s, stone edge for flying and some dragons that have the flying type (d-nite, salamence). I was thinking about hp ice but with modest nature it doesn’t fit. However I would prefer it because Stone Edge misses 7 of 5 times. (I DON’T KNOW HOW BUT IT IS REAL).​

Conlusion:

I’ll accept any advices :D. Thanks for reading and commenting!

A final look:

Other option:

Soap Please (Rotom-W) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 8 speed / 248 hp / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Signal Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Rest

This instead of Scarf Rotom, what do u think?

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Come on people, is this team so perfect that nobody can just give me a suggestion?

Good Team, one suggestion run Life Orb T-tar With:
T-punch for toad
SuperPower for other tar
Stone Edge for Ninetales and Amboasnow
FireBlast/Pursuit/Crunch
EVS: 252 HP and a good mix of attack and sp.def
Especially since your team can deal with Gliscor,Ferrothorn, etc. just fine so no need to use coverage moves
btw I got here from PO chat :P

Also HP ice doesn't seem very useful for Rotom-W, either run HP fire or Signal Beam, maybe try the rest set too

Stick with Scarf Rotom, and try to find an answer to Thundurus T... I'd suggeest dropping Heatran and putting in Starmie. This way your team will work under rain and have a special sweeper w/ excellent coverage. Use a speed beneficial nature, and run BoltBeam, and any other two moves of your choice...

Just my thoughts though, good luck.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Good Team, one suggestion run Life Orb T-tar With:
T-punch for toad
SuperPower for other tar
Stone Edge for Ninetales and Amboasnow
FireBlast/Pursuit/Crunch
EVS: 252 HP and a good mix of attack and sp.def
btw I got here from PO chat :P

Also HP ice doesn't seem very useful for Rotom-W, either run HP fire or Signal Beam, maybe try the rest set too
CONGRATULATIONS!
You are the person #1 that posted on this RMT!.

Thanks for the suggestion, i'll try it!

With neutral nature and only 24 EVs in attack, pursuit might not due much to latias if it doesn't switch so crunch is probably a better move there. Also I think you need more in depth descriptions on things like the EV spreads. I have no idea why you decided to put 116 speed on scizor considering its using two priority moves. Is there a certain threat you're trying to outspeed with that?

and try to find an answer to Thundurus T... I'd suggeest dropping Heatran and putting in Starmie. This way your team will work under rain and have a special sweeper w/ excellent coverage.
He has his Amoongus to deal with Thundrus and why would he run starmie with a water/electric/ice moves when his rotom already does that

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Stick with Scarf Rotom, and try to find an answer to Thundurus T... I'd suggeest dropping Heatran and putting in Starmie. This way your team will work under rain and have a special sweeper w/ excellent coverage. Use a speed beneficial nature, and run BoltBeam, and any other two moves of your choice...

@Jerp:
Just my thoughts though, good luck.
I'll try starmie, but besides being a nice sweeper and other stuff, he is frail.
It will work fine i think, he can also have rapid spin and resists fire and ice just like heatran...

I will be testing it, thanks :D

Originally Posted by Jobriq
With neutral nature and only 24 EVs in attack, pursuit might not due much to latias if it doesn't switch so crunch is probably a better move there. Also I think you need more in depth descriptions on things like the EV spreads. I have no idea why you decided to put 116 speed on scizor considering its using two priority moves. Is there a certain threat you're trying to outspeed with that?
@Jobriq:
1.- Pursuit with this T-tar deals 40% - 50% to Latias. if she tries to escape, she will have like 10% to 20% hp (with luck), this problem is solved with SR, also i can 3HKO she if she stays.

2.- 116 spd evs let him reach 195 speed, this allows him to outspeed specially defensive heatran and bulk up breeloom, also certain types of tyranitar.

I like this team alot, it has checks for most rain threats and multiple ways to revenge Tornadus-T. However I would change Stun Spore to Clear Smog on Amoonguss. Even though Amoonguss walls Keldeo well, he does not enjoy taking repeated Rain boosted Hydro Pumps (assuming your opponent switches Keldeo in only when rain is up and you don't switch TTar into Keldeo, since both are bad ideas). Clear Smog eliminates Keldeo's Calm Mind boosts, as well as Venasaur's Growth boosts, and Breloom's Swords Dances. Basically, I feel that Clear Smog fills a similar role as Stun Spore, being able to stop set-up sweepers when you've already used Spore, but Clear Smog doesn't have a chance to miss, unlike Stun Spore.

However, I really like this team because it is NOT rain, and rain seems to be like 90% of the teams on Pokemon Showdown OU.

Stone RG

Megas are broke
Lil, after looking at the team carefully i realized Sub CM Keldeo is arguably the biggest threat to the team, getting a sub on BP locked scizor or ttar on the switch is quite easy.
For this i have no suggestions but playing carefully around it, also SD acrobatics gliscor clean 6-0s you if rotom doesnt hit its attacks (which is probable due to sand veil).

LilOu

PO poopyhead
I like this team alot, it has checks for most rain threats and multiple ways to revenge Tornadus-T. However I would change Stun Spore to Clear Smog on Amoonguss. Even though Amoonguss walls Keldeo well, he does not enjoy taking repeated Rain boosted Hydro Pumps (assuming your opponent switches Keldeo in only when rain is up and you don't switch TTar into Keldeo, since both are bad ideas). Clear Smog eliminates Keldeo's Calm Mind boosts, as well as Venasaur's Growth boosts, and Breloom's Swords Dances. Basically, I feel that Clear Smog fills a similar role as Stun Spore, being able to stop set-up sweepers when you've already used Spore, but Clear Smog doesn't have a chance to miss, unlike Stun Spore.

However, I really like this team because it is NOT rain, and rain seems to be like 90% of the teams on Pokemon Showdown OU.
Nice. I am trying right now clear smog Amoongus :D
Thanks for the suggestion and keep going!

Lil, after looking at the team carefully i realized Sub CM Keldeo is arguably the biggest threat to the team, getting a sub on BP locked scizor or ttar on the switch is quite easy.
For this i have no suggestions but playing carefully around it, also SD acrobatics gliscor clean 6-0s you if rotom doesnt hit its attacks (which is probable due to sand veil).
Thanks my pupil. You are just getting as intelligent as me.
Im thinking about changing Landorus-T with Gliscor. Then you can help me.

Also as @desklamp said, maybe Clear Smog on Amoongus could TROLL sub CM keldeo.
Keep going!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)