Call of the Wild

Adamant is basically needed for Hitmonlee because it guarantees specific OHKOs/THKOs, eg. Registeel/Milotic.
I don't have much to add, but I always find Substitute to be far more useful than Charge Beam for Manectric, due to Dugtrio, Donphan/Torterra switches, etc.

People tend to double sub when they know a U-turn is coming,something you should keep in mind when countering things with sub.

Another thing you should try to do is use magnetric as least as possible your team has problems with bulky water milotic you have nothing that can take on the combination of HP Grass/surf.If magnetric is picked off early it could be troublesome seeing how it's the only thing milotic can't recover stall.

People tend to double sub when they know a U-turn is coming,something you should keep in mind when countering things with sub.

Another thing you should try to do is use magnetric as least as possible your team has problems with bulky water milotic you have nothing that can take on the combination of HP Grass/surf.If magnetric is picked off early it could be troublesome seeing how it's the only thing milotic can't recover stall.
What do you mean? Milotic is 2KOed by many things on this team including Hitmonlee's CC, Azumarill's Focus Punch, and Mesprit's Grass Knot (after SR, though). Milotic hasn't been that much of a problem.

I almost always keep Manectric unveiled until late game since it's sort of like my revenge killer/sweeper.

What do you mean? Milotic is 2KOed by many things on this team including Hitmonlee's CC, Azumarill's Focus Punch, and Mesprit's Grass Knot (after SR, though). Milotic hasn't been that much of a problem.

I almost always keep Manectric unveiled until late game since it's sort of like my revenge killer/sweeper.

The common milotic spread used right now is this one

252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD Calm

(Doesn't get 2HKO by moltres by air slash + HP grass or Hp grass + hp grass)

With this spread it isn't 2HKO by your mesperit and just laughs at venemoth seeing how it can LO recoil stall it to death.

It can break your azumarill take a focus punch and send you running with Hp electric or just recover predicting the switch.And with a combination of Recover and lefties slowly it gains more Hp then what focus punch does,plus remember who is faster in this match up.

Hitmonlee does 2HKO but its rather frail and again milotic can either stay in take the CC and OHKO back with surf or just switch out to a better check.

But overall this team is decent i do like the diversity of mesperit and magnetric.If i can think of anything else that might cause you trouble i'll be sure to let you know.

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi there. As many other have said before me this is a very good team, and the innovating stuff you use sets it apart from most of the new sets that have been appearing on the ladder because they aren't just silly gimmicks. With that said, there were a few problems I noticed on your team so I'll try to help you:

First of all, as many other have said, you lack reliable Flying and Normal-resists. Manetric doesn't cut it against things like Scyther; and while Tauros and Kanghaskan are pretty rare as you have stated before, Swellow is still quite common and so is CB Double-Edge Azumarill. The second problem I noticed regarding your team is that it'll have the hell of a hard time when it's up against stall. Chansey walls Manectric, Mesprit and Venomoth; Milotic walls Houndoom and Azumarill (barring flinchs/crits; and even then Tangrowth can wall Azumarill while Chansey helps against Doom) and both Weezing and Spiritomb wall Hitmonlee (smarter stall players most likely won't try to counter it with Milotic). Finally, to top it off, you have two mons weak to SR, only one mon immune to Spikes and no recovery moves in any of them. I know Omastar will have the hell of a hard time setting up anything against you, but if Chansey gets SR down your team will be no more, even faster than it should. Having all that in mind I recommend this Rhyperior (cute sprite included!):

Rhyperior @ Choice Band
Ability: Solid Rock
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 4HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rock Blast/ Aqua Tail

As you can see, standart CB Rhyperior. I'm recommending this because it'll provide you with an extremely reliable resist to Flying and Normal-types, while still meshing pretty well with Venomoth (immune to paralysis, comes much more easily on Registeel than Hitmonlee does) and baiting Milotic much better, as things like Weezing and Spiritomb are no longer full stops to that set (actually, nothing is ._.). CB Rhyperior also has no counters, which means if you play it carefully to the point you can take out problem mons like Milotic, you should have a much easier time beating Stall. Finally, even though you're not very weak to choiced Rhyperior and Aggron, as most things outspeed and OHKO them before they do anything, when paired with paralysis they can actually wreck some major havoc on your team due to nothing being able to take a hit. With Rhyperior right there not only you have a relatively solid switch to their choiced Rock-type moves, but you also don't have to worry so much about Uxie + any of them combos, that easily spread paralysis on your team due to Hitmonlee not being able to take on the pixie, but that falls short of beating Rhyperior unless it carries Energy Ball.

I guess that's it. A bit of a long/late rate, but I thought that was worth mentioning. Good luck =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)