Metagame Camomons

For Pex, Water/Poison already is a pretty good typing, so you don't need to change it. It also allows Pex to absorb Toxic Spikes, which can be a huge advantage in hazard stack battles.
If you want it to check Zygarde and other ground-types, Water/Bug (with Infestation) is another option, but you give up a moveslot, as Infestation is not really useful compared to its other options.
Since USUM gave it Knock Off, it can now also mimic Alolan Muk's Dark/Poison typing to become a check to most psychic types while still being able to absorb Toxic Spikes.

Oh, and I would really appreciate a Kyurem-Black/Kartana suspect.
For stall teams, after a Kyurem-B ban, the regular Kyurem with Flying/Steel might be an alternative with slightly less offensive presence but similar bulk.

Minior's type doesn't show on switch-in, it is a ground/fairy but since I don't have hazards the type doesn't show (apparently that's how it works currently).
I haven't looked at the replay but I'm assuming the problem is down to Shields Down. The client assumes that whenever a Pokémon undergoes a forme change then its type resets to default, which is what happens in normal play. Although there is code to tell the client to show the correct type, this is then lost when Shields Down deactivates. Mega Evolution is a special case because special code was added to the server so that the type could be re-restablished.

Sorry for the late update but as you may have discovered, Camomons follows OU's banlist and as such Naganadel is banned in Camomons also. Needless to say it's also obscenely overwhelming in this meta with many viable types all capable of holding their own against most, if not all playstyles. RIP UB Adhesive!

Credit to whichever garbage YTer concocted this nonsense

Is a Goodra with Aqua Tail/Muddy Water+Earthquake + 2 filler viable? Water/Ground with Sap Sipper has no weaknesses and 2 immunities, and Goodra has good natural bulk. It lacks recovery outside of RestTalk or Leftovers though...

Some possible usage for this type: it checks or even outright counters most Grass/Fire Volcarona sets, since its naturally high special bulk allows it to tank even a Z-Psychic if needed. Meanwhile, it can Toxic it or hit it with Aqua Tail (Muddy water doesn't deal as much thanks to QD's SpDef boosts), or hit it with SE coverage like Sludge Wave or Rock Slide.

Grass/Steel Heatran also has a tough time against this set, and the memey Steel/Bug versions don't fare well either. However, Goodra struggles to do much against them too and will likely lose 1v1 anyway.

Last edited:
Is a Goodra with Aqua Tail/Muddy Water+Earthquake + 2 filler viable? Water/Ground with Sap Sipper has no weaknesses and 2 immunities, and Goodra has good natural bulk. It lacks recovery outside of RestTalk or Leftovers though...

Some possible usage for this type: it checks or even outright counters most Grass/Fire Volcarona sets, since its naturally high special bulk allows it to tank even a Z-Psychic if needed. Meanwhile, it can Toxic it or hit it with Aqua Tail (Muddy water doesn't deal as much thanks to QD's SpDef boosts), or hit it with SE coverage like Sludge Wave or Rock Slide.

Grass/Steel Heatran also has a tough time against this set, and the memey Steel/Bug versions don't fare well either. However, Goodra struggles to do much against them too and will likely lose 1v1 anyway.
Goodra despite not having any weaknesses due to sap sipper still gets taken out by strong physical attackers. Most of them 2hko it easily or ohko after a boost, mons such as haxorus and m mawile can often due the trick (though I admit that maw already nukes most things in the meta in general)

Goodra despite not having any weaknesses due to sap sipper still gets taken out by strong physical attackers. Most of them 2hko it easily or ohko after a boost, mons such as haxorus and m mawile can often do the trick (though I admit that maw already nukes most things in the meta in general)
I know Goodra's physical bulk is lackluster, but this is meant to be a check to special attackers. Goodra will indeed not be beating any physical threats without help from teammates. Being weak to MMawile doesn't instantly make you unviable since then half of the meta would be unviable.
Only being bulky on one side isn't necessarily bad: Avalugg has immense physical bulk but bad special bulk and still manages to find niches.

I like to use cryogonal+avalug

cryogonal dark poison

avalug steel ghost

both get recover both can spin if they want but don't have to

both can cripple foes (avalugg can if it needs to it can use curse and kill its self and forcing a switch depending on how you play)

Water/Ground doesn't lend itself well to Goodra's skillset (specially bulky tank). You can switch in, but you don't have a ton of resistances (resist Fire and Electric, but you're vulnerable to Ghost, Water, Ice, Dragon...) and your only recovery is Lefties or Rest, and Rest can't be used with Assault Vest.

Avalugg can give itself a very beneficial typing (Steel/Ghost among others) and it carries recovery.