1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

CAP 13 CAP 2 - Part 2 - Typing Poll 2

Discussion in 'CAP Process Archive' started by Rising_Dusk, Nov 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rising_Dusk

Rising_Dusk
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Now we move onto the part where we vote for the typing for CAP 2. In this poll, we will determine which type combos move forward to the last poll. The results of this poll series will be a dual typing for CAP 2 that we will follow all the way 'til the cows come home.

Recall that this poll is a bold vote poll, the details of which are outlined here. A typical vote might look like the following:
    Please post only your votes in this thread. Do not respond to other posts, or your posts will be moderated and you warned. If you feel compelled to say something in your own vote, you may still do so, but don't try to incite a discussion. Keep discussion to #cap.

This poll will be open for 24 hours.

When voting, use only the typing and mind the order of the types! The list of possible votes in order of placement in the last poll are:
    Grass / Ghost
    Electric / Poison
    Poison / Dragon
    I've included my logic for slating those three typing combos below for the voters' reference:

All of these were suggested by other users in the process of the typing thread, and all were discussed. I explained why I liked Grass / Ghost and Poison / Dragon in this post really well. I ended up choosing Electric / Poison because I genuinely feel that the Electric-type is intriguing for its Sketch options physically in Bolt Strike and Sketch options for coverage moves. The Poison typing also benefits it by exacerbating its Ground vulnerability and giving it a Fighting resistance, keeping the balance of the offensive type with the defensive type.

I know people will be sad that I slated nothing with the Water-type in it, and people might also be sad that I didn't slate Normal / Ghost. I made my stance on Water typing crystal clear in the aforelinked post above. Meanwhile, there was a lot of discussion back and forth about Normal / Ghost, and I and the ATL both agree that Normal / Ghost isn't practical for the CAP's concept of Sketching interesting coverage moves or offensive boosting moves. Furthermore, it lacks practical resistances for actually being useful at all in OU. For those reasons, neither of these things were slated. I hope that you all who supported them can trust my judgment and will continue to argue as fiercely as you have for things you want in future stages! Who knows what I can be convinced of?

Below is CAP 2 so far:
    Focus: Bulky Offense

May the best typing win!

[​IMG]
    tl;dr: Quack! (Vote!)
  2. Kaprikorn

Kaprikorn

Poison / Dragon

3. steelguttey

steelguttey

Grass / Ghost
  4. Aldaron

Aldaron All da lil birdies chirpin
    is a Tournament Directoris a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administrator
    OU and IRC Leader

Poison / Dragon

5. Weebos

Weebos

Poison/Dragon
  6. PKMN Hunter 18

PKMN Hunter 18 Remember! Drive Smoothly!

Electric / Poison
  7. smashlloyd20

smashlloyd20

Electric / Poison
  8. Lady Salamence

Lady Salamence
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Poison /Dragon
  9. SgtWoodsy

SgtWoodsy

Poison / Dragon

I'd honestly be happy with any of the three.
  10. Solstice

Solstice

Poison/Dragon
  11. Rising_Dusk

Rising_Dusk
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Grass / Ghost
  12. Steamroll

Steamroll resident zombie
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Poison/Dragon
  13. jas61292

jas61292 used substitute
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

Electric/Poison

While all three are fine, I just really don't think this guy should have any immunities, so I would rather not have Ghost.
  14. Birkal

Birkal We have the technology.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
    CAP Head Mod

Poison/Dragon

Please read Aldaron's post above; it is beautifully written. Poison/Dragon is the perfect marriage of being able to switch in frequently AND having enough weaknesses to keep it in check. This takes the cake, in my opinion.
  15. Baydren

Baydren

Electric/Poison
  16. V0x

V0x I stay out too late
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Electric / Poison
  17. LudwigVanDamon

LudwigVanDamon

18. Ralts

Ralts

Electric / Poison

I feel like this is the ideal typing for a few reasons. As this is a CaP that will be focused Bulky Offense, a pokemon with only 2 weaknesses (albeit a 4x weakness to ground) and seven resistances can fit that bulky role perfectly. Also, electric is a very good offensive STAB to have, and sketch allows it to have access to a plethora of coverage, support, and boosting moves, while poison is a great defensive typing. Poison / Dragon to me seems like it would provide too wide range of bulk and offense, and we don't want to create something too overpowered.
  19. Gothic Togekiss

Gothic Togekiss
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Poison / Dragon
  20. Feroes

Feroes

Poison/Dragon
  21. ToastTyrant13

ToastTyrant13

Poison / Dragon
  22. macle

macle ribbit
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Little Cup Co-Leader

Poison / Dragon
  23. Pwnemon

Pwnemon judges silently
    is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
    Doubles Co-Lead

Grass / Ghost
  24. hoblaph

hoblaph

Electric / Poison
  25. Adamnsm1

Adamnsm1

Electric/Poison
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)