CAP 14 CAP 3 - Part 2 - Typing Poll 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okuu

Blame [me] for Global Warming!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
Ice/Rock.

Interviewer: "So... let me get this straight. For this CAP topic, you wanted to pick a competitively non-viable type, and see what you could do to make it viable in OU level play, right?"
Responder: 'Yep, and with that reasoning, we chose a part-steel typing.'
Interviewer: "...k."

Fire/Poison

Such a cool typing IMO. Can't wait to see what gets made for the actual design once we come up with the concept!

Ice/Rock

I feel that the other two have more things going for it, such as being anti-dragon or having cool resistances. Ice/Rock ... eh.

meddle

boomer user
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
SJCrew sold me on...

Ice/Rock

But I hope we don't just go the Cloyster route with it and rather explore some defensive options in addition to offensive ones.

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Fire/Poison

Rock/Ice is actually pretty well suited to the concept, the only problem is that it really limits our direction if we actually want to create an OU-viable mon - its weaknesses to so many extremely common types combined with its fantastic offensive STABs means that it is eminently well suited for a hit-and-run attacker role, and little else. It just seems very generic and doesn't exploit the potential of this concept at all.

Fire/Poison, on the other hand, can be a typing that lends itself to being a solid tank, offensive sweeper, defensive pivot, or even a supporter. We are not constrained by it, because while it's bad, it's not so defensively or offensively shitty that we are shoehorned into a playstyle. That is why it's my choice.

Ice/Rock

all the cool dudes are voting it

though i like the 3 typings that are competing so let the best win...

the ice steel doesn't seem bad, but anything that help slain dragons is welcome in my book :P

but there are som many hings to explore with an ice/rock...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)