1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

CAP 14 CAP 3 - Part 6 - Stat Spread Poll 3

Discussion in 'CAP Process Archive' started by capefeather, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capefeather

capefeather no shit
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

This poll will be open for 24 hours starting from the first vote (1:16:53 a.m.).

The fight was at a temporary standstill. Rising_Dusk, Korski and Scoopapa were looking at each other nervously, anticipating a sudden first move.

Korski and Scoopapa were close to each other, and the former began to whisper, "Hey. Rising_Dusk is really strong. He might beat both of us if we don't team up. What do you say we call a temporary truce?"

"Indeed," Scoopapa agreed. "He has a great advantage over us at the moment. Your fleet can't do the job on its own." He glanced at what remained of Korski's ships, most of which had been decimated. "However, with my extra ammunition, we can launch an overwhelming combo attack, which just might do the trick. Surely, his golden armor isn't invincible?"

The duo initiated their assault. Korski summoned a mighty armada even bigger than the first, which joined his original ships. Scoopapa drew a multitude of rifles out of nowhere and threw them into the ships. Rising_Dusk watched in shock as every cannon and every rifle fired in unison in his direction. However, he quickly strengthened his resolve.

"HA! YOU THINK THAT AN ATTACK LIKE THAT WILL STOP ME, THE GOLDEN SCIZOR! YOU ARE MISTAKEN! GOLDEN SUPERPOWER!!!"

Rising_Dusk flew like a rocket toward the shots aimed at him. A series of devastating explosions followed, which could be seen and heard as far away as Circus Maximus. Moments later, Rising_Dusk flew out of the smoke and debris, heading straight for the heart of Korski's armada. His attack tore right through the mighty hulls. Half of the fleet was vaporized within seconds.

Korski, however, rose up from the carnage. He had to act quickly. He found Scoopapa nearby and whispered, "I'm sorry, my 'friend'. I must take your power and win this battle." He laid his hand on Scoopapa. "FOR HONOR!"

Rising_Dusk also got up from the wreckage that he had wrought. He saw a blinding light behind him, and then watched as Korski approached him.

"Hey, you look a little different. But no matter. It is clear at this point that I will be victorious."

"That's where you're wrong," Korski replied. "You see, I have seen your best attack. Yet, you haven't even begun to see what I'm capable of now. Approach me at your peril."

Rising_Dusk smiled. "BRING IT."

EDIT AFTER THE FACT: My god people, I thought it would be clear that the battle in this story was a free-for-all where there aren't any "good" or "bad" guys. For every "Terminator"/"Walpurgisnacht" interpretation of Rising_Dusk there's also a "Gurren Lagann" interpretation. In fact I feared the latter would swing the vote toward him... In fact, Rising_Dusk is the only one with a named attack (other than srk1214 but w/e). The other two weren't friends, just temporary allies, each of whom would absorb the other if that's what it took to win (as was supposed to have happened here). I just couldn't think up a way to write the part where Korski absorbs Scoopapa.

And don't assume the winner will be portrayed as a hero, either.

But seriously, this is about THE STAT SPREADS and not this fun little story I cooked up. I'm already regretting writing it...

Oh yeah, make sure that you bold your vote and nothing else! A typical vote might look like the following:

Please post only your votes in this thread. If you are feeling the need to have a discussion, then head on over to #cap. There are consequences if you are looking to spark a discussion here. Again, please leave all discussion to #cap. Thanks for your understanding!

The options:

Rising_Dusk
    Korski

---

SUBMISSIONS YO:

---

CAP 3 so far:

Concept: Extreme Makeover: Typing Edition (open)

Typing: Fire / Poison
    Abilities: Dry Skin / ??? / (???)
  2. Birkal

Birkal We have the technology.
    is a member of the Site Staffis an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnus
    CAP Head Mod

Rising_Dusk

Remember, this poll has 24 hours remaining, starting now. Best of luck to both contestants! Great spreads on both fronts.
  3. Yilx

Yilx Sad
    is an Artistis a Smogon IRC AOP

Rising_Dusk
  4. Rising_Dusk

Rising_Dusk
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Rising_Dusk

As I said before, 76 base Speed is an absolutely critical number for our CAP to maximize its EV'd Speed without ever allowing it to beat out the likes of offensive Heatran. This is the most important thing we could walk away from this spread with, next to that being enough power to punch through very bulky Pokemon like Politoed and Jellicent. Good luck to all of the entries either way, though! It's exciting getting this far, and I hope it ends well! Either way, cheers for having me and good luck, Korski!
  5. SgtWoodsy

SgtWoodsy

Rising_Dusk
  6. Engineer Pikachu

Engineer Pikachu Good morning, you bastards!
    is a Contributor to Smogon

7. InRealLife

InRealLife

8. Destiny Warrior

Destiny Warrior also known as Darkwing_Duck
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

9. srk1214

srk1214 The Wuthering Heights of Billionaire Gay Dinosaur Fiction
    is a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

Korski

Again, yes Dusk has the speed right. But korski has everything else right. 5>1
  10. Gerard

Gerard

Rising_Dusk
  11. jas61292

jas61292 used substitute
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

12. CressOfLight

CressOfLight

13. Stew0The0Jew

Stew0The0Jew

14. DarkBlazeR

DarkBlazeR

Rising_Dusk
  15. NTT

NTT

Rising_Dusk
  16. Admiral_Stalfos19

Admiral_Stalfos19

17. tea_and_blues

tea_and_blues

18. Yllnath

Yllnath

19. fairytale

fairytale

Rising_Dusk
  20. zyrefredric

zyrefredric

21. The Reptile

The Reptile AMH REALLY SPHEALING IT
    is a Pre-Contributor

22. bugmaniacbob

bugmaniacbob Floats like a Butterfree, stings like a Metapod
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Korski

Losing battle, but... Atk > all
  23. NMx13

NMx13

Rising_Dusk
  24. Musashi1054

Musashi1054

25. ShyGuy1221

ShyGuy1221

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)