CAP 3 CAP 3 - Part 7 (Art Selection Poll)

Which art should we use for our Pokemon?

• Elagune

Votes: 115 46.0%
  • Cartoons!

Votes: 72 28.8%
  • DougJustDoug

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • KoA

Votes: 17 6.8%
  • CyzirVisheen

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • pyrrhocorax

Votes: 13 5.2%
  • Moft

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Hazmat

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Blu

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • Nopie

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
@ Luck: Well, I can't really respond to that, so I'll let that topic go for now. There's nothing more to it.

@ Tyranitar.Armaldo: Although I do recognize and understand you are still a little ticked about not having your art included, I think you should lay off for a bit, or at least until the next art poll is created (if there is going to be one). It'd be the smartest thing to do right now.

A text poll brings more discussion for the simple reason that it makes people say stuff. For example, if I click on cartoons! art and don't say anything, my vote is almost useless. However, if I write "I like Cartoons! art better because Elagune's looks like a digimon," it is likely that at one person will respond either agreeing with me or disagreeing. then someone may go off of that post. It's simply a comparison between raising your hand to vote, or vocalizing what you want.

Even with Elagune's having less than 50% of the vote, he'll still win in a new poll. I remember seeing one post that said something like, "I'd vote Elagune if Blu wasn't so awesome." And that's what I remember. With such an obvious point advantage, Elagune and Woodman are bound to win.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I wouldn't make such an absolute statement, Cooper.

The bottom line is that Elagune has less than 50% of the vote.

A 2 options is significantly different from this kind of a vote, especially because some people might have voted Elagune simply because it was winning.

Unlikely? Yes. Impossible? No.

A second poll is necessary in my opinion.

A text poll brings more discussion for the simple reason that it makes people say stuff. For example, if I click on cartoons! art and don't say anything, my vote is almost useless. However, if I write "I like Cartoons! art better because Elagune's looks like a digimon," it is likely that at one person will respond either agreeing with me or disagreeing. then someone may go off of that post. It's simply a comparison between raising your hand to vote, or vocalizing what you want.
But the people who would elaborate are those that would do so anyway. Those who wouldn't, and would just click the poll, would only respond with:
"Elagune"
or
"I vote for Elagune"

I wouldn't make such an absolute statement, Cooper.

The bottom line is that Elagune has less than 50% of the vote.
By 1 vote. 112 out of 225. Add one to each: 113/226.

A 2 options is significantly different from this kind of a vote, especially because some people might have voted Elagune simply because it was winning.
I still don't understand this mentality. I understand it can occur, but I don't understand why it would.

Unlikely? Yes. Impossible? No.

A second poll is necessary in my opinion.
Not sure I agree with the necessity, but I do agree it's not impossible for votes to change.

I completely disagree with a second poll. I mean out of 10 contestants Elagune has close to 50 percent of all the votes, and how much do all the others have?
112 to 60 right now (Elagune), that means Elagune actually has double the votes Cartoons! has on average. To redo the votes on another poll would just be ripping off Elagune.

If it was your art winning by an average of 100% more than the second place artist on the polls wouldn't you think it was bull shit if another poll was made to possibly give you a chance to lose all those votes you already accumulated? Right now it's not even close enough to justify another poll.

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
I think I'll lay down another prediction, since I've been doing that a lot throughout this project.

If there is a second poll, I think the stag will win.

It's just a prediction, no need to comment or anything. :x

@ Tyranitar.Armaldo: Although I do recognize and understand you are still a little ticked about not having your art included, I think you should lay off for a bit, or at least until the next art poll is created (if there is going to be one). It'd be the smartest thing to do right now.
Yeah I will, my rant engine has run out of steam (for now).
Although next time if my design is original and has fan support I expect it to get in over any design that looks identical to another one.
Anyway this poll was severly one sided, a second poll really isnt required.

Maybe we can do a "just-for-fun" poll just to see if the Elk-Stag would have won over Woodman while at the same time proceeding with the other steps of the process.

Yeah I will, my rant engine has run out of steam (for now).
Although next time if my design is original and has fan support I expect it to get in over any design that looks identical to another one.
Anyway this poll was severly one sided, a second poll really isnt required.
For record i like your artwork,I hope you submit something else in future art polls.

Maybe we can do a "just-for-fun" poll just to see if the Elk-Stag would have won over Woodman while at the same time proceeding with the other steps of the process.
What if the stags wins?Think about it

I think I'll lay down another prediction, since I've been doing that a lot throughout this project.

If there is a second poll, I think the stag will win.

It's just a prediction, no need to comment or anything. :x
But... now I must!

Nothing will be accomplished except one of two things:
1) Woodman wins and confirms what would've already been set by moving on

2) Elk wins and then there's all out war for it winning a run-off/"fun" poll and not being the chosen art.

Nothing good would come of it.

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
Lol, Dane.

So, we're either doing a second poll or no poll at all. Basically, it all comes down to what Gothic Togekiss wants to do. x(

Honestly, if he's at all worried that a second poll will slow down the project, we could still have the spread poll and second art poll running at the same time!

Honestly, if he's at all worried that a second poll will slow down the project, we could still have the spread poll and second art poll running at the same time!
But that will influence the spread. There's an obvious difference in speed between the Woodman and stag, and I'd imagine the stag could take hits a bit better than a wood-clad lizard. Art needs to be completed before stats can commence.

Elagune's is great, but Cartoons!' really spoke to me. Stantler is a horrible deer, and this one reminded me of Okami almost... it's so beautiful!

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
But that will influence the spread. There's an obvious difference in speed between the Woodman and stag, and I'd imagine the stag could take hits a bit better than a wood-clad lizard. Art needs to be completed before stats can commence.
Actually, that's not exactly true:
Anyways, everybody seems to be voting on what seems "bulkier." I thought we established that appearance has nothing to do with neither type nor stats?
That's from page 3, in which I made a typo placing the word "appearance" in place of "stats." (As explained later in the topic)

The art of a Pokemon only has a very minimal influence on its stats, and both Pokemon could take on any of the stat spreads that have been created for the spread poll.

The only place where art has a lot of influence is in the movepool.

EDIT: That's also part of the reason why GT insisted on having both the art and stat poll at the same time.

So, we're either doing a second poll or no poll at all. Basically, it all comes down to what Gothic Togekiss wants to do. x(
I would do a second poll, but I have to figure out if letting KoA and Pyrrocorax's artwork go through with Cartoons and Elagune is a mathematical correct choice. Since at the moment Woodman has less than 50% of the votes, and the second choice is 20.26 point behind it with KoA's 21.99 point behind Cartoons. I could do a threeway but I think the Elk has a better chance of combating the Wood monitor in a poll. Then they're also the fact that Wood monitor clearly trashed almost everyone in this poll.

That's a great idea lol

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
It's really not close at all. Is there any doubt that Elagune is going to lose if there's a new poll? He has almost half the vote while there's 9 other drawings, which is significant.

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'm sorry, but ONLY? That's really an understatement, considering how significant that is. I really doubt that every single minority voter is going to go for the stag, that's just unrealistic.

I would do a second poll, but I have to figure out if letting KoA and Pyrrocorax's artwork go through with Cartoons and Elagune is a mathematical correct choice. Since at the moment Woodman has less than 50% of the votes, and the second choice is 20.26 point behind it with KoA's 21.99 point behind Cartoons. I could do a threeway but I think the Elk has a better chance of combating the Wood monitor in a poll. Then they're also the fact that Wood monitor clearly trashed almost everyone in this poll.
14/112 = 12.5%

It has almost 100 less votes than first place. There's no chance, so it shouldn't be in the run-off poll.

That's not even close for a run-off poll. You have to base it on the leader, not second place. Otherwise you'll have to eventually declare a cutoff point anyway, but by then it'll seem odd.

He does have only 48.28% of the votes atm.

If everyone that voted for the minorities voted for the stag in the next poll, it could technically win
And if everyone in America didn't drive for a month we'd be more in shape and gas companies would die. In other words, not gonna happen.

If everyone who voted this time votes again, assuming all Woodman and Elk votes are the same (so that only minority voters make a difference), Woodman only needs 4 of those votes to hit 50%, 5 to break it and clench victory.

As much as I like Cartoons! Stag, the poll says that the majority of the people like Elagunes Woodman. Having another poll wouldn't achieve anything. If the Woodman wins this poll and the Stag wins the 2nd poll all it would do is piss Stag everyone off and if the Stag comes back and wins this poll and the Woodman wins the second poll, people will still be pissed.

I just dug up some old threads and the farthest 2nd has been away from first to force another poll is 10% (The second Syclant poll). The farthest 2nd was to first to force another poll with Revenankh was ~6%, so with an overwhelming ~20% lead, I think this one is safe to call.

14/112 = 12.5%

It has almost 100 less votes than first place. There's no chance, so it shouldn't be in the run-off poll.

That's not even close for a run-off poll. You have to base it on the leader, not second place. Otherwise you'll have to eventually declare a cutoff point anyway, but by then it'll seem odd.
Visually, I'm aware of the fact it's over 100 points difference, but you're right regardless. Personally, I think a run-off poll isn't truly needed here since it's clear that the majority want Woodman. Doing a run-off poll would probably satisfy those who want a more clearer cut winner for one reason or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)