CAP 15 CAP 4 - Part 1 - Concept Poll 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
capefeather

Darn, hate it when real life prevents me from voting for my favorite in the first poll.

Anyway, both are good concepts. However, I'll have to go with capefeather's submission. I believe that the risk concept can be done very well, with little to no flaws. However, I do think that there's more risk (irony much?) in picking Birkal's concept. As with Voodoom, there's the risk of not finding the perfect nemesis for that concept. Even though Voodoom did end up finding a perfect mate, I think that it's entirely possible that a CAP with Birkal's concept might fail completely and not find a perfect nemesis at all. Plus, for reasons stated in this post by Pwnemon, I think that Birkal's concept would teach us less about the metagame.

While I still believe that Birkal's idea would be a good concept, I think that cape's would suit us better.

(Sorry for buzzkilling, Birkal)

Birkal
Seeing as to how risky the metagame is already, I don't think another hit-or-miss pokemon would add anything we don't already know.

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
capefeather

as I stated in Poll 1, I really think diving into 'high risk-high reward' would best advance our knowledge of strategy and the metagame. BW2 has risks, yes, but not many and few are very big- in fact, 99% of them concern accuracy of moves- 150 BP for 50% acc? Or 75 BP for 100% acc? Although there are certainly other factors that come in to play, the consideration itself is definitely worth looking into.

Though, the only problem here is how we're going to attempt this. Because much of risk/reward involves either 1. Accuracy or 2. Prediction, and because it will be hard to actually make a pokemon that messes with prediction, then accuracy is the only way to go. With Accuracy, there are also two ways to go- abilities, or movesets. That sort of confines us a bit, but that's what CAP is for, right?

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Birkal

Man, as much as I'd love for my concept to get chosen, I couldn't be upset if capefeather won at all. Both concepts are fantastic; best of luck, cape! We really can't go wrong here.

Nyktos

Custom Loser Title
Birkal

Like Birkal himself said, both concepts are very good. I'm choosing mostly out of personal bias here being a fairly conservative player by nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)