CAP 4 CAP 4 - Sprite Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been experimenting with a new shiny coloring scheme for my sprite. It might not be what you expect, but I think it looks pretty cool.

I'm not decided on my shiny coloring yet. Up to now, I've had a black shiny. I like black a whole lot. But, I wanted to try out some other colors, and I stumbled upon white. I actually experimented with a variety of color combos with white - click here to see them. I think the one shown above is really crisp and cool. Maybe it's just the "newness" of it...

I'm open to feedback on this new shiny color scheme. If you think it is a bad idea, I'll stick with black. Here is my black shiny.

I like the Black one, making it look like a "Black willow"
That makes it more threatening. :p

CyzirVisheen

Am I poplar yet?
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
@DD
Of course I did. I copied your edits down to the last pixel, and I saved it often. Unless...
vs.
vs.

...Oh crap. The arms and the lower right hand... I see it now. I forgot to save it one last time before my laptop died on me. which is image 3. It died when I erased the pixels under the lower right hand, and I assumed I saved it. I also kept saving it under similar file names, so I apparently I've been using a different file to edit. Crap, I better fix that.

@Absolution
Actually, I wanted more suggestions for shiny colors.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I like the Black one, making it look like a "Black willow"
That makes it more threatening. :p
Interesting that you describe it that way. I don't know if you noticed it, but when I first introduced my black shiny (here's the post), I called it the "Black Widow" coloring.

I like almost every black shiny in the game. Since our pokemon is spider-like, I think it looks really cool in black. But, there have been some negative comments, so I wanted to try out a different shiny color and see if people like it better.

Ok, so I updated my sprite! I'm pretty sure the black border helps, and I made the shades in the hand contrast a little more. I also saved two colors in the palette, so I colored his "socks" pink.

Before:

After:

I'm not really sure which one's better, to be honest. Though, the new one does look more like a Pokemon...

I also still need suggestions on a shiny coloration, and I'm dreading the back sprite.

I've been experimenting with a new shiny coloring scheme for my sprite. It might not be what you expect, but I think it looks pretty cool.

I love it! Its definitely better than the black shiny and looks very original and cool. And since every other CAP pokemon has had a dark looking shiny sprite (well pyroak is grey, but anyway) its nice to see something different for a change. I know what I'm voting for \,,/

hey doug i really like the white shiny :D
imo though, the white sprite shouldn't have a brown head or brown anything in general, it just doesn't fit. The purple head is ok but meh...
Try a black head [not the pimple kind], the contrast would be cool.

I think the white is really cool, Doug, because there aren't any other shinies with the main part white IIRC, and white actually makes the shiny coloring look shiny.

Doug, I love the white shiny, but IMO the purple draws too much attention to the head. You should use the one in the top right of your imageshack link (purple joints & yellow head) because it draws your attention back out the hands, which is the main focus of this guy.

Did you try a white head and red eyes, like an albino? Might work out too...

Something I think might look really cool, I mean, try it out if you can, is if the horn on the white shiney were black. Or some other color. Just, if the horn were shiney too. I think that would make it so there really isn't too much white.

It's better, Mukkor, but it still looks a little too bright to be a pokemon, in my opinion.
Thank You, Flounder. Third revision it is. It _is_ darker now!

I'm only going to be revising the male until I think it looks right. The female isn't much work, but it is work still, and I'm lazy. :toast:

I really like Zantimonius' new one. It somehow doesn't look as crowded as the others. Congratulations on that! It really looks like it could be a Pokemon. The skinny legs also make it look more spiderish. Great job :)

@ DJD: I think I like the "black widow" just a tad more. The purple body/red accents white shiny is a very close second, though.

@ Zant: I like your new sprite a lot. Although I think it would look better if it was standing with its hands flat, instead on its fists.

@ Mukkor: Your sprite's head looks a little small... In fact, the whole sprite looks shrunk, and a little on the frail side (legs too thin, hands look small). The drill size also looks a little big compared to the head. Keep tweaking! :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)