CAP 5 CAP 5 - Art Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very well drawn Cerbi, but I too feel it's a little too anthropomorphic. I know Machamp and Hitmonchan have clothes and things, but there's something very 'furry' about it that I'm not so keen on, like it's very humanly proportioned face and figure.

Incidentally, its body type is also a little similar to Lucario's, with it's lean waist, its legs, and the curve of its tail. It probably happened at a subconscious level as both these creatures draw roots from Egyptian lore.

I think you're onto something though. Perhaps you could try aiming for less 'princess' and more 'animal companion'? The colour scheme is great too.

thank for the advice, guys. ^^ I'll see if I can change the body structure. as for the curve of the tail... I actually took it from Persian. ^^; still, thanks.

Ah, right. I know the bottom half's a bit rough but i've done enough to give you guys the basic idea. The lower portions of the legs are going to be rock with the tips crystal.

The basis for this is referenced partially from tomb sentinels/guardians and mechanical quadrupeds. There's also a bit of Egyptian reference here though not focusing on anything in particular. The crystal reference doesn't really need explaining.

I'd envision this Pokemon to stand guard stock still outside of temples and other important places or deep underground protecting treasure. It's body shape allows it to move quickly while being able to prepare special attacks with its arms and mouth. I made the crystal on it's arms square instead of pointed to detract from the physical aspect and though it certainly can still bludgeon other Pokemon with them it'd be easier for it to use beams or other special attacks from them at long distance. I think its legs may be too bulky but i'll probably fix that later.

Calad

Hero of the Blue Flames
is an Artist Alumnus
Hi there. I post a new version of Easter Island based pokemon. It's something in the middle, between the two versions.

Soon I'll post the new version of Gargoyle pokemon. Thanks for the comments.

One last go, if this fails then damn you Smogon, you've beaten me!

One thing I did notice, as I had all 3 pics up.... I've effectively created an evolutionary line....

I started out by calling it a a little shit rock lol. Look how much it has grown :').

WOW! This is FREAKING AWESOME!!!!

I can see it being a special attacker easily.

"The Erosion Pokemon"

It starts out as a rock but then natures "special" power causes it to erode such as a rock would in real life. Gradually it erodes until it is only bits and pieces of rocks and pebbles still held together by it's will to exist.

This already has my vote so far, but as an extra suggestion you could add like a variety of rocks to it's bodily core, like a conglomerate.

Just a design (God I have never drawn anything so ugly O_O) based on the inspiration ideas thrown around. It seems to be generally Egyptian so I went with that theme.

I will colour if the feedback is generally positive, improve a few things or just chuck him back into the rubble lol.

A few things: Essentially there's a rock / fossilised propeller on his back, powered by the huge diamond. What better way to be speedy than to have wheels? :D So I did a ball-like design for his body. As streamlined as plates of rock can get lol. His head is a mixture of sphinx and gargoyle, he has like a rocky helmet on (that includes the beak like structure).

And yeah. Kind of a 'advanced technology from an ancient era to protect the God shrines' :P

I really like yourDeadGranddad's idea, maybe we could fuse that with the earlier poster who mentioned obsidian. Try making the gray parts shiny black with sharp edges but fragile looking and since obsidian is an igneous (volcanic) rock, it could justify Earth Power and maybe even Lava Plume.

Well I did have a totem pole idea and I see its been done already but I drew these a while ago so I'ma post them anyway.

And here's the totem taking care of pikachu lol.

Theres been some really nice designs and ideas in this project.

Hi there. I post a new version of Easter Island based pokemon. It's something in the middle, between the two versions.

Soon I'll post the new version of Gargoyle pokemon. Thanks for the comments.
I dont like his Digimonish aspect, with 189357 details. Wiverri, i dont like the arms =/ But dont make cannons, because pyroak already have them. Maybe a Big Crystal, makings fingers, almost like Regice?

Ok, I've been lurking since CAP 3 and in 4 i posted a rather bad picture, so here's my shot at redemption.

I don't see a rule on posting work for others and when my brother heard it was a special rock type, he made this sketch and asked me to submit it it for comments and criticism.

The highlighter on the hands indicate crystals, maybe topaz.

Wow, that's really cool Snail! Awesome job! Although I think Ice and Psychic when I look at it. As for me, I drew up a couple more arts. It's meh I guess. =\

Ehh.. I tried to use some sort of rock coated ruby thing with rings. It's ok I guess. >_>

I kinda like this one more then the one on top. Diamonds on it and yeah...

I'm still thinking of more ideas. More to come later.

The Easter Island one by Caladbolg is fucking win. And imo I don't think we should continue with the gargolye design, because that seems way too physical attack based.

There are a lot of good designs being submitted. No matter which one gets chosen this CAP is going to look cool.

The Stone Idol/Monument and crystal ideas seem good, that was what I was thinking about when I was thinking of designs.

This is a quick sketch of my idea, A jewelry/stalagmite themed pokemon. It is on line paper because line paper is what I have at the moment, and I am in a hurry because this entire project has been moving so fast... I'll come back later and make this sketch into how I usually do my drawings, but I will probably only get to come back to it much later to day, or possibly tomorrow.

Sassafras' looks interesting but

is a standout. i think it needs to be 'toned down' detail wise to make it more pokemony though. awesome stuff caladbolg

Sorry I'm bad at Computer art XP. Anywho, I doubt this will be chosen, but I wanted to make it anyway. I made it an emerald mole because I think that could work with rock, and may possible provide us with an adequate mole *glares at Dugtrio*. It also looks like it has a high speed stat, which many people want.
Any comments? :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)